Anabolic Triad Reviews

By: Platinum Labs

Anabolic Triad is a Sexual Health Product manufactured by Platinum Labs. It helps improve libido, stamina and performance.

August 7, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Libido
  • Heightened Aggression
  • Did Not Mix Well
  • Extremely Foamy

Greetings SR, here today to write a review for Platinum Labs Anabolic Trisd, a natural testosterone booster. I'm 34 years old and a prime candidate for the benefits of adding a natty test booster to see some increases in strength, libido, and fat loss. I took this on a cut hoping to keep some muscle mass while leaning out and retaining strength. I've used many natty test boosters in the past and this one looked pretty different than the rest so I was excited to give it a shot.

Thank you Platinum Labs for making a very simple, fully disclosed ingredient profile. As you may have guessed from the name, Anabolic Triad has just 3 ingredients. First up is Bulbine at a large dose of 1000 mg. This is supposed to be the main test boosting ingredient with the benefits of strength, fat loss, etc. The next ingredient is 6'7'-Dihydroxybergamottin, or DHB, which is a grapefruit extract that helps with bioavailability. The last ingredient is Laxogenin at only 25 mg. This was a little more worrisome as this dose seems very low, but I'm guessing that's why the DHB was included. Laxogenin is suppose to help in a variety of ways such as protein synthesis and recovery. I've used products with this ingredient before with success so was happy to see this included as well. So, a simple and pretty well dosed product, a very nice profile.

Most test boosters are in capsule forms, while this is in a powder. This being some plant extracts, I was worried about taste and mixability, and to be honest it wasn't that great. The taste, green apple, wasn't horrible by any means but I certainly didn't look forward to it. However, it is a plus they don't use a lot of artificial flavors and coloring. The mixability of this is very poor, lots of foaming. Dosing is once a day first thing in the morning, very easy. To be sure I got all of it I would have to add water again and mix for a second drink. Not very convenient and probably the weakest part of this product.

It's been awhile since I had a natty test booster work so well. I didn't have any bloodwork done so I can only use the telltale signs of increased testosterone. First up, libido was through the roof. I honestly got massive urges a couple hours after taking this. Libido isn't necessarily a sign of increased test, but a great benefit. Next up was some acne. I usually have very clear skin, but I had several breakouts on this on my chest and shoulders. Also, I had some anger issues on this. Nothing crazy like turning into a madman or anything, but I was in a bad mood a lot and little things would set me off. Not my pleasant for my wife haha. My strength remained consistent even though I am still on a carb nite protocol cutting, and even increased in some lifts. I definitely felt my muscles hardening and looking for defined in the mirror. Another sign was my increased appetite. I was starving while taking this, which is why in my title I said that I would probably only take this again on a bulk. It made my diet very hard at times as I wanted to eat everything. A great thing for bulking, not so much on a cut. Overall, even though I don't have concrete evidence via bloodwork I can safely assume this raised my testosterone some.

You can find this on Amazon for $32 for 30 servings. For a whole month supply and how it worked for me, a little over a $1 a serving is great.

Side Effects

Temper, hunger, some acne. If you want some elevated test, you'll have to deal with these.

Conclusion

This is one of the better test boosters I've ever used, and I would definitely purchase this again, especially when bulking.

March 7, 2016

• Little Pricey
  • Did Not Mix Well
  • Extremely Foamy
I would like to thank Platinum Labs for participating in the TROOPs program. I was not familiar with Platimum prior to seeing them listed on the TROOP dashboard. Anabolic Triad interested me as far as being a test booster that was outside of DAA which seems to be the norm these days. Platinum Labs makes the following claims for Anabolic Triad, "Utilizing only 3 cutting edge compounds, this anabolic powder product is dosed to be the most effective testosterone and anabolic boosting product legally available. Extreme Anabolic Activator, Advanced Testosterone Booster, Dramatically increase protein synthesis, elevates libido" (from Platinum Labs website).

Ingredients:
As the name implies, Anabolic Triad is composed of a whopping 3 ingredients:

Bulbine Natalensis 1,000mg - Bulbine Natalensis extract has been scientifically proven to boost testosterone levels over 300% increasing sex drive, muscle growth, fat loss and luteinizing hormone functions. This was a new one to me. I was curious to how it would work and if it would compare to the DAA products I have used in the past. I can't say it increased my test levels over 300% but definitely helped with strength and gave the libido a boost to overdrive but more on that below.

6,7 dihydroxybergamottin 100mg - aka "DHB" is an extract from grapefruit that increases the bio-availability of chemicals and prevents the body breaking them down too quickly. I'm starting to see this one used in more supplements as it is supposed to help in absorption.

Laxogenin 25mg - increases protein synthesis dramatically via a non-hormonal pathway. I mainly picked this up due to the inclusion of the Lax but was also hesitant about it because the 4-5 other Laxogenin products I have used have been dosed at 100mg. The lower dose could be due to its interaction with the other 2 ingredients above but I am not a chemist so I can't say for certain. To me, it feels like they just threw it in here to have it here as this tends to be an expensive ingredient. I know if they dosed this around the 100mg mark the cost of this product might be double which could be why they did not got that high. Also, I usually notice some relief from joint pain and nagging injuries with Lax but did not experience any of that with this dosage. Minimally I would like to see this upped to the 50mg mark based on my experience with other Lax products.

Dosing / Mixing / Taste

Dosing was relatively easy. One scoop prior to breakfast. My one gripe around the directions is that they are tiny on the bottle. I was squinting trying to read them and almost pulled out a magnifying glass. I know the container is small but some bigger print for us "older" guys would be nice especially if that is the target market you are going for.

Mixing was awful. When I put it in a shaker bottle with 4-6 oz. of water, half of the shaker bottle would come back foamy. It also did not mix very well. Half of the product would be on the sides of the shaker cup and there would be some settling at the bottom of my cup. I would swirl it around every time before taking a drink to try and pick it up along with decreasing the foam. I did mix it once in a cup with a butter knife and that seemed to work better. It did not foam but still had the settling issues.

I am not a fan of most green apple products and almost did not pick this product up due to this but I was pleasantly surprised by the taste. It tasted more like apple cider than a green apple jolly rancher or the gritty, dirty taste of some of the other green apple flavors I have tasted. Great job here for going a different route with the apple flavoring!

Let's go through the claims:
Extreme Anabolic Activator and Advanced Test Booster - not sure it was extreme for me but it worked. I have been using the percentage and set increases for my main lifts from the Advanced Power Look program off of T-Nation. I went through weeks 5-8 while on this and was always able to hit the next week's sets and reps with the increased weight. Coming into week 9 (3x3 of 100% of the 1RM determined before beginning the cycle) after I just finished this product I did not hit my reps as planned for chest and shoulders. Got 3x2 instead of 3x3. Back was still on target. Not sure if this was placebo or diet lacking somewhere from previous weeks but having no issues the prior 4 weeks I think there was something to this product.
Dramatically increase protein synthesis - this one is an unknown factor for me. While strength seemed good throughout, I did not notice in changes in my body via gaining muscle or losing fat and the weekly meeting with the scale and tape measure were consistent throughout.
Elevates libido - to quote Big Ron, "Yeah Buddy!" I had done an LGD cycle in December that had killed my libido and had still not fully recovered after 1 month. This kicked things back into gear for me. I did not notice an effect until after the second week but weeks 3 & 4 on this I felt like a horn dog wanting to hump the leg of almost every lady I saw!

I checked out a lot of my usual places and the main price point seems to be $49.95. I did find this for as low as $26.95 and as high as $55.95. I'm not sure if the $26.95 is an introductory price or how long they will keep it at that price but I think that is an awesome price for this product and would recommend anyone wanting to try a new Test booster out to pick a couple of bottles up for that price. $49.95 seems steep to me especially for a 30 day supply. I'm not sure how expensive a raw the Bulbine is so it seems the Lax may be driving the price point but if I am going to pay this amount for a product with Lax then I will go pick one up that I know is effective and provides me with the full 100mg serving. I think this is a quality product that could be had for around the $30-$35 dollar price point unless they decide to up the dose of Lax to 100mg which would justify the $49.95 price.

Side Effects

Extreme horn dogginess and strength! No negative effects that I noticed.

Conclusion

I think Platinum Labs has a solid offering here. It is a great product that I am further intrigued by and would like to do a 60 day run with to try and get the most out of it if the price were right. As it is priced now, I would tell you to just go get an appropriately dosed and effective Lax product.

March 4, 2016

• More Laxogenin Please

Searching the web a few months back I saw this product and really caught my eye for some reason, not sure why, it doesn't have a crazy profile or anything, but it just stood out. I waited to find it on a good sale somewhere but it never came up. So I was pretty happy when I saw it pop up in the TROOP waiting line. Thanks to the people over at Platinum Labs for sending this out.

You have 3 ingredients here, WarMachine did a great job outlining them. I'm new to the Bulbine but I really like Laxogenin products and DHB seems to becoming popular in products needing help with bioavailability. I wish they would put a little more Lax in the product because I've found I respond well to around 100mg a day which seems to be the dosage widely used lately in the industry. Also the serving size is 2.33g, the active ingredients make up 1.125g of the scoop. I know that's a small scoop and maybe I am overthinking it but when half the serving is fillers or flavoring I wonder.

Green Apple was pretty good, it was crisp and smooth like an apple should be. There was no sharp bite or sourish aftertaste like with some other apple flavors. As far as apple flavors go this is probably the best one ive found thus far. I never had a problem with mixing and I took this 1 scoop with my breakfast in the morning.

This is categorized as an energy supplement on the site, but I feel like its pointed more towards a test booster/recovery product. I did notice an increase in energy however. so I guess that category placement isn't wrong.
Right off the bat I had a very noticeable increase in libido and performance, this kicked in after just a few days it seemed like and held true till the last scoop. I just turned 28 so its not like i'm old and run down and have trouble performing, but the entire time I was on this I was ready to go whenever and was able to hold a high energy level while performing the whole session. Aggression in the gym and confidence was also peaked.
The Laxogenin didn't seem to do a whole lot for me, and with the lower dose im not exactly surprised at this. In the past with Lax products little nagging injuries would work themselves out in a couple weeks and recovery was really enhanced. While on this that wasn't the case, also no added vascularity or notable strength increases.

On the main page I see this as low as $27 and up towards $45. Me personally have usually found this at around $35. For me I couldn't see spending over $30, but if you need a pick-me-up or your libido is lagging I thing this would definetly be worth a shot and decently priced.

Side Effects

Some acne early but it worked itself out about halfway through.

Conclusion

This was pleasant to drink and had its benefits, but in the end i just felt like i wanted more. Cant really think of a great conclusion to this ,but if i caught this on sale i wouldn't really have any problem buying a few to keep around for a rainy day.

February 29, 2016

• Little Pricey
  • More Laxogenin Please

A shout out to Platinum Labs for providing Anabolic Triad (AT) to the ER/TROOPS program for the opportunity to try out. As its name suggests, AT is a formulation containing three well known ingredients that are said to promote anabolism and support testosterone levels. I've had a fair share of experience with natural based anabolics, so this was an interesting opportunity to capitalize on.

As I mentioned, AT contains three ingredients. They include 1,000mg of Bulbine Natalensis, 100mg 6,7 dihydroxybergamottin, and 25 mg of laxogenin.

Bulbine natalensis is becoming an increasingly popular ingredient in test boosters lately. It has been touted to increase free testosterone through leutinizing hormone function enhancement. As well all know, increased test leads to a host benefits: increased libdido, increased aggression, and overtime increased size and strength with plenty of training.

6, 7 dihydroxybergamottin is an extract from grapefruits believed to increase the bioavailability and half-life of ingredients.

Laxogenin we all know by now is believed to have anabolic properties as well as be able to accelerate reparation of tissues.

The dosages on all these ingredients are on point for the most part, at least according to their reported effective dosage ranges. The only exception is the laxogenin which from my experiecne I respond to a dosage of about 100mg or greater. Still, 25mg does have a potentiating effect to some degree.

Anabolic triad comes in one flavor; green apple. I found the flavor to be crisp and refreshing. It wasn't too sweet or tart and left me with no aftertastes.

It is recommended to take this first thing in the morning before your first meal. I took a scoop every morning about 10 minutes before breakfast. That's the protocol i stuck with through the cycle.

As I stated earlier, AT may seem simple, but sometimes less is more. Around the end of week one is when I noticed some good benefits from the product. My libido and drive were both plenty high as well as my alpha male aggression primarily in the gym. I also had improved stamina and energy throughout the day. My recovery was improved (most likely as a complimenting factor from other products) and my strength and muscle integrity seemed somewhat better, but this was most noticeable during my heavy compound lifts for high volume sets on certain isolation movements. Lastly, I also saw some improved vascularity in some areas, which was an unexpected but welcoming benefit.

Important to note that I also had an increased appetite while on this product, so eating above maintenance even to a slight degree is a good idea if you wanna give this product a go.

I've seen AT go for as low as 39.98 to as high as 49.95. You get a full 30 servings month supply in each tub so that does bring the value up considering the product's efficacy. Still, in today's economy, this could seem high to some. As I always say, catch it on sale.

Side Effects

an acne flare or two, nothing that wasn't cleared in a few days

Conclusion

As they did with optidreams, Platinum labs hit the mark with this product. Three simple, but effective ingredients combined with intensive training and a proper diet are sure to provide the avid lifter with some great benefits; libido, aggression, strength, and energy to name the main ones. As always, be sure to remember the key aspects of training and plenty of good dieting to ensure maximum efficacy of any supplement.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!