Epidex has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Prohormones

Epidex Reviews

By: PharmaTec

Growth Enhancers > Prohormones
Epidex is a Prohormone manufactured by PharmaTec. It is a synthetic version of hormones or hormone precursors that increase muscle strength, size and stamina, and can additionally aid in fat loss.

Epidex has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Prohormones

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Size Gains
  • Awesome Strength Gains
  • Back Pumps
Before I start, an especially hooooge shout out & special thanks go out to Fred, AKA STRONGSUPPS, the strongsupplementshop.com rep here on SR. He sent out a few PH stacks to the ER, complete with enough of the on cycle & post cycle support supplements.

We each ended up receiving:
PH Clone of our choosing
Assault Labs Blockade (on cycle support)
Vital Labs Post Cycle 3X

Fred was especially helpful in making sure we had enough of each product to complete a cycle as needed. Working with him was a pleasure.

Enough of the pleasantries, on to the good stuff...

I decided to go with an Epistane/Havoc clone. My chief wants out of any cycle at this point is strength gains, strength gains, & more strength gains. I also wanted a compound that would blow me the hell up, & force me out of my weight class for powerlifting (the 242lb division at that time). So, with Epi clones being known for dry gains & rather awesome strength gains, the decision was made without any delay.

Since I'm not that well versed in the arena of PHs, I pretty much left the decision of which Epi clone to review up to Fred. He then came back & informed me I would be receiving Pharma Tec's Epidexx.

I read some threads here on SR about other's experience with Epi, did some research, asked some questions, & developed a plan of attack.

My cycle went as follows:
20/30/40/50/50

I had entertained thoughts of trying 60mg, but I will get into why I didn't go that route later on in this review. The largest dose (20mg) came pre-workout or first thing in the morning. As the daily dosages increased, I spaced out them out as evenly as possible over a 12hr period. I have seen several users/people complain of Epi interfering with their sleep patterns, so I decided that my last dose would come no later than 6pm. However, for my first week at 50mg, I experimented with one dose of Epi right before bed. I had told by a few well-known users that a dose right before bed would impact sleep patterns in a positive way or at the very least prevent Epi from messing my beauty sleep up. I found my hours of rest to decrease, but the quality of sleep did improve some.

On cycle support included the following:

Assault Labs' Blockade
Hawthorne Berry Extract
Himalaya Liver Care
AMS Joint Fixx

PROFILE: A

Epidexx is actually the Havoc clone 2a,3a-epithio-17a-methyl-5a-Androstan-17b-ol at 10mg per pill. Even though Epistane & Havoc have different nomenclatures, they are essentially the same & interchangeable (tunedspots.com).

Epistane/Havoc is well known for overall dry gains & good strength gains. It does not aromatize, &

"Another documented benefit in *some* users is it's ability to reduce existing cases of gynecomastia (or male breast tissue), this is due to it's noted effect of depleting estrogen cells which can cause apoptosis in breast tissue (effectively reducing gyno)..."

Some may want to split hairs on Epidexx being a Havoc clone specifically, & not an Epistane clone (2a,3a-epithio-17a-methyl-etioallocholan-17b-ol) as it's name would imply. However, given the fact Havoc & Epistane are very similar & quite interchangeable, I wont split those hairs.

EFFECTIVENESS: A+

I really have nothing bad at all to say about Epidexx or Epistane/Havoc in general.

I decided to run my cycle in the manner of a recomp/lean bulk. I'm not very good at "cutting" & I expressed my concerns about going into a full out bulk. I entered this cycle weighing roughly 236-238lbs, at the limit of my 242lb weight class. Not only do I not do cut cycles well, I don't handle weight cuts well. Between starving myself & trying to attempt to sweat of the weight...I do not handle it well at all.

My cycle lasted five weeks, one week more than what some may recommend for a first user. However, I rolled the dice & went ahead with my decision. It should be noted that each individual must weigh the risks & benefits themselves.

For the first two weeks, I couldn't really say that Epidexx was working. This would be the norm to my knowledge, as I've read that it could take around 10 days for Epistane/Havoc to kick in (or any compound for that matter). I did notice some aggression in the gym, a shorter fuse away from the gym, but beyond that nothing major.

Once I got to the 40mg range, I started to notice strength increase come on pretty quickly. I began hitting small PRs here & there, like repping the 100lb DBs for 20 reps on flat bench. Then I hit my first major PR, a 315lb bench. My bench had stalled for the longest time right outside of 300lbs. Before my cycle I, grinded out 300 ever so slowly, & once Epidexx kicked in I handled 315 with relative ease. Unfortunately, I was going through a squat phase that kind of kept me from maxing out on squats or deadlifts. However, two weeks in to PCT I hit another bench PR with 325 (recently just missed 335), a 505lb squat, & 555lb deadlift. So, over the course of a five week cycle & some 2-3 weeks of PCT I improved my bench by 25lbs, my squat by 64lbs (previous best was 441), & my deadlift by 15lbs (previous best 540lbs). I would say, mission accomplished on my goal of getting stronger.

By the time my cycle came to a close, my weight had ballooned to an all-time high of 250lbs. After five weeks, that's a 14lb gain. Not exactly a lean bulk/recomp, but with the strength gains I made I wasn't too upset. I figured I would loose some weight into PCT, & I could close the gap between my bodyweight & the 242lb limit. However, as I sit here right now, I weigh 246lbs after completing PCT & everything. Overall I definitely got bigger, but not necessarily in a bad way. I out grew all my XL shirts, my legs would no longer fit "relaxed" fit jeans. Though my weight has dropped some, I still have troubles getting an XL shirt over my head.

Other "pleasantries" from my cycle included muscle fullness. I looked down-right jacked for a while, with a full yoke that looked pumped all the time. I really enjoyed that aspect a lot. Once the cycle was over, I deflated some. That was heart-breaking.

Overall I didn't experience too many sides. I did experience some shutdown towards the end, but libido stayed alright throughout. Blood pressure stayed under control, & my liver felt alright I guess lol. The only major side I experienced was the back pumps. Oh dear God, the back pumps. They came in once I bumped the dose to 50mg/day, & didn't let go until two weeks into PCT. They sucked so bad, I had to sit down in a semi-slouched state between sets of deadlifts. It was so bad it affected my gate, once the volume began increasing (in a given workout) the back pumps loosened up.

For PCT I ran DPol with Post Cycle 3X, & what was left from my cycle support. My guinea pig Jormungundr began experimenting with some Torem, 120first 3days, then 90next four, then 60/60/30. Jormy seemed to like it, but you can tell he wasn't particular to the taste. Poor Jormungundr.

Everything taken into consideration, I found Epidexx to be very effective. Given my on cycle support, I experience little sides (stupid back pumps) & made some rather impressive strength gains. I'm heavier than I had wanted, but in all honesty I'm learning to live with that lol. I can still be effective in the 275lb division, that whole Wilks' Score is becoming quite popular.

VALUE: B

It should be noted, that the value rating I'm giving is for an entire cycle (not including PCT). It's my belief that every PH should be rated based up on the cost of an entire cycle (support supplements & all that jazz), as opposed to just the compound.

You can find Hawthorne berries cheap, less than $10. The Liver Care runs around $15, Joint Fixx some $20-$30 (depending on what size you buy), & "cycle support" supps range in price rather greatly IMO. Cheap ones can be found for around $15, but the good ones stay around $25-$30.

Epidexx itself will cost $29.95 through strongsupplementshop.com. One bottle contains 30 10mg pills.

For this cycle I used just under one & a half bottles of Epidexx, two bottles of Blockade (cycle support), then one of the rest. Overall I wager I would've spent close to $200, just for Epidexx & cycle support. PCT was around $100 give or take. Overall it would've been some $300 once everything was all said & done. That's not that bad, considering I've seen people spend more & get less.

It is expensive, but worth the coin.

OVERALL: A

I really enjoyed Epidexx, I almost cried when my cycle ended. The gains were great, the sides minimal, & it's not as expensive as I originally thought. If you shop some things around you can find good prices, but be careful that you don't pinch that penny too hard. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

This was a fun cycle, & I seriously cannot wait to run another cycle. However, PHs is tricky if not dangerous at times. It is of the utmost importance that people looking into PHs should research the subject to death. Read multiple write ups, re-read them, ask questions, & don't be afraid to ask them again to be sure. If you dot you Is & cross your Ts, you should be alright. That being said, each individual is different & each individual must weigh the risks & rewards for themselves.

NOTE: My "thumbs up" only extends to individuals older than 21 years of age. Anyone younger than that, eat sandwich then go squat.

• ron

Excellent review Cole!!!
    Do you feel that even though you deflated somewhat after the cycle that you will still maintain your strength gains for your competition?

• deumcole
    August 25, 2013

I really don't see why I can't. Whether or not I do is another matter lol.
    I believe that if I play it right, with my training, diet, & supplements, that there's no reason why I can't maintain my current strength level.

• chichistrong
    August 25, 2013

this was a great review.

• jmlstocks

Nice review Cole!

Welcome to the world of Loose Fit Jeans

• Meuth
    August 25, 2013

I like the way you put the total price of a cycle in the review. A lot of new people don't think about that and just see: buy PH, suppport and they are good to go!