Greens Freak Reviews

By: PharmaFreak

FORUM TOPICS
Greens Freak is an Anti-Oxidant manufactured by PharmaFreak. It helps prevent the harmful 'free-radicals' that can cause cell damage in the body.
6.8

Overall
Overall
5.5
5.5
  February 13, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Digestive Cleanse
  • Nausea
Introduction:

Thank you to the folks at Pharma Freak and the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try Green Freaks. Multi-vitamins are a staple in my supplement stash, on a daily basis. This is the second Pharma Freak product I have tried.

I wanted to try this product, because it's a stand alone greens and veggies product in powder form. I read some mixed reviews prior to choosing this product and wanted to see for myself, the taste, results and any side effects. Also, I wanted to see if this is something that I may want to add to my daily supplements, as a stand alone product.

Ingredient Profile 8/10:

I am not going to delve into the specifics of each ingredient, because its a laundry list of several dozen different ingredients, from greens, vegetables, digestive enzymes etc. Each from various sources. Several dozen ingredients that should have some underlying benefit to your overall health.

Taste 1/10:

I had the opportunity to try the vanilla chai product. It sure sounded appealing and I picked this flavor because it seemed to be the newest flavor from Pharma Freak.

The taste is quite odd, a slight vanilla chai-like flavor, that was challenging for me to put down on a daily basis for 30 days. I tried the product various ways to see if it could possibly assist me in getting this down without any issues. Mixed it in very cold water, room temp and even heated up water to make it like a hot tea. The hot tea was by far the worst, which made me the most nauseous. Personally, if you are going to make a stand alone product, it should taste reasonable, which may be hard to do with all the ingredients, but there has to be something to add to make it more tolerable.

Now I did give one serving to a girl in the office, who drinks kale/veggie blends etc every morning in the office, my reasoning was to see what she thought of it. She initially tried it with cold water, then heated it up, after finishing about half the serving in water, she threw in the towel.

Mixability 8/10:

No mixing issues, whether it was in cold water, room temp or hot water. It seemed to dissolve for the most part without any grittiness.

Dosing 8/10:

8 ounces of water, via various temps, cold, room temp and hot water.

Effectiveness 5/10:

I did not experience any increased energy, or positive physical attribute from this product. What I did notice, was it left my teeth green and I had to drink, rinse my mouth out with water after each serving. Embarrassingly enough during one of the first servings at work, I was sitting in a meeting and someone said, Frankie, why are your teeth green?

On a somewhat positive note, it did seem to cleanse out my system more, in terms of bathroom trips.

Value 6/10:

You can pick this up for about $30 online, that's $1 a day, but at the cost of taste, is challenging for me.

Side Effects:

The taste was tough to stomach for me. Green teeth after ingesting was another.

Conclusion 5.5/10:

Some products are tolerable in terms of taste, for example a pre-workout that you just shoot back in 4-6 ounces of water, but protein powder, intra-workout BCAA's and this product, should be somewhat enjoyable to put down. I wish the product was somewhat more flavorful to drink. For each serving I literally had to psyche myself up to drink it, like I was preparing for battle mentally.

I hope it had some underlying health benefit for me, however, other than the above digestive cleanse, I had no other positive physical attributes in feeling this product working. For me personally, I would much rather have this product in a pill/capsule form.

This is a get a sample first product or ask a buddy for a serving, prior to buying.
  • Vanilla Chai: 1/10

4.5
  January 12, 2016

• Good Energy
  • Helped With Focus
  • Stomach CrampsPain
  • Lots Of Wet Bowl Movement

When this came up for review I had been looking for a greens/superfood supp that didn't taste like complete @$$, because im not a big fan of most fruits and veggies at all. I wanted to get a few of those nutrients in a quick and easy supp without having to eat a bunch of unwanted stuff.

The ingredient profile on this is a mile long and I wont go into trying to describe it all, but it has what you would expect from a supplement like this. You have your fruits, veggies, superfoods, antioxidants, stuff for your liver, and digestion help.

Taste- I got the sweet apple flavor, and like Gkeezy said this was bad. I don't think I could get a hint of an apple flavor in this at all, and very possibly could be the worst tasting supplement I have tried thus far even surpassing the original Creacore Lemon Lime and that's hard to do.
Mixing was never really an issue, minimal foaming, no large chunks leftover.
Dosing is simple with a scoop a day, I tried to take mine in the AM when I woke up, to give me a boost for the day.

After the initial surge of nausea subsided from drinking this I did notice that I had more energy than normal. I do want to note here as well as the sides portion that it took about an hour for my stomach to really settle back to the point where I didn't feeling like I may puke... After that though I felt more focused than normal, felt awake and alert. The difference wasn't crazy or anything, but I could definitely tell a difference in the way I felt throughout the day. Other than energy and well being though I didn't notice anything else. But most of the other claims for this products are things you would notice unless it wasn't working at all.

29.99 for 30 serving is about the norm for this category. The value isn't bad if you can stand drinking it down. I personally couldn't justify buying it again as I want something slightly palatable, but it isn't unreasonable in the price category at all.

Side Effects

Impossible to enjoy, hard to finish a serving without feeling like puking. On several occasions I had to use the bathroom shortly after taking this and it wasn't anything pretty or comfortable.

Conclusion

Thanks to the guys over at Pharmafreak for allowing us to try this product out, unfortunately though for me I just couldn't look forward to this after the 1st serving.
  • Sweet Apple: 2/10

December 22, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Descent Energy
  • Stomach CrampsPain
  • Lots Of Wet Bowl Movement
Big big shoutout as always to SR and Pharmafreak to letting a cool kid like me give this product a whirl. As we all know most of us do not get enough recommended amounts of greens and superfoods. So I figured why not give this a try. Drink one cup get the greens in me, and not worry about all the minerals and antioxidants that I am missing out on.

Ingredients: 8/10 - The ingredient list is long so I won't describe all of it here. Seems to be its packed with a ton of good greens for liver cleansing, digestive enzymes, immune boosters and anti oxidants. Sounds good right ? I guess it would be if we left it here at the ingredient list.

==========================

Dosing: 10/10 - The dosing is pretty standard. 1 scoop with 8 oz of water, and drink it down quickly.

==========================

Taste: -10/10 - Oh god it was awful. Not something I was ever looking forward to drinking. At first it seemed okay, but as I drank this every day, and days turned into weeks, holy cow did it taste worse and worse. It kind of tasted like a wheatgrass mixed with fungus mixed with almond mix mixed with other green stuff. The flavor I got was Vanilla Chai. Did it taste anything remotely like Vanilla or Chai, def not. Was it hard to finish the cup, you better believe it.

==========================

Effectiveness: 4/10 - Okay so did it work for me, yes in a few instances, however the negative side effects and the nausea overruled anything positive this product offered.

First let me say that not only did it taste god awful, it made me gag trying to drink the whole thing down. It says on the directions to drink the whole thing down, what it should really say, is, hold your breath, think of ice cream, and chug it down like a beer about to explode.

Energy: 6/10 - After taking this product the energy increase was minor, it wasnt anything major, that I've noticed when I used to take other green products before in pill form. But something was there.

Anti-Oxidant: 0/10 - I don't know the quality of the ingredients used, but I did not see any positives here. One of the things I was looking for, skin hair, nails, etc. Nothing positive.

Liver Support: 5/10 - Really hard to call it on liver support as I have not used any PHS or SARMS in the meantime of using this product. But can I say it helped, perhaps, but there was no direct correlation between taking this product and my liver enzyme support.

Side Effects will be part of the effectiveness:

Nausea: 10/10 - You better believe after taking this product I was lightheaded every single time. I would take it on full stomach or empty and the nausea always remained. And not for like 10 minutes but a good 30+ minutes.

Stomach Pain/Diarrhea: 8/10 - On many occasions I would get really bad stomach discomfort which led to me running to the bathroom and peein'g out of my butt. Not something I was looking for, but it always seemed to lead to that. Also I made sure not to take any supplements with this product to see if this is what was causing it. Secondly I always took this in the mornings.

==========================

Value: 4/10 - 30 Servings for like $30. Eh, its descent but for how it works, I would try to find something else.

==========================

Overall: 4/10 - Does this product promise a lot yes, but there are far too many negatives that come with taking this, that I would just never consider taking this again. Move on, find something else.