TruRecover Reviews

By: PES

Amino Acids > Recovery
TruRecover is a Recovery Product manufactured by PES. It is an amino acid based product that is designed to assist in workout recovery.

Overall
Overall
  May 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Same-day Recovery
  • Underwhelming

Preface

I'm pretty fortunate to have the relationship I have with my favorite supp shop. They received an extra complimentary bottle of PES TruRecover with their shipment that none of the other crew was up for going through at the time. Those types of situations are when I'll just get it as a hand-me-down. Let's see about it.

Serving Size: 3 Tablets
Serving Per Container: 30

Calcium 220mg 22% RDV
(as a-Hydroxyisocaproate Calcium Salt)

Hydroxy-Isocaproic Acid 1500mg
(as a-Hydroxyisocaproate Calcium Salt)

Whole Tart Cherry Fruit 500mg
(VitaCherry Sport)

Taste / Dosing

Those who know about tart cherry extract knows that it makes flavoring a bit easier, as it has a hint of cherry built in. This is gonna be one of the best tasting tablets you'll take outside of chewable vitamins.

I have to admit that it's been a little tough to discern the true effectiveness of TruRecover. It wasn't a difference maker for recovery nor is it meant to be. It's more meant to assist your body in its recovery for the day and to be able to turn around for tomorrow... I believe it serves as a cool little cog in that machine.

Through the few latter weeks of use. I did notice a slight better ability to turn around for the next day. Some times after a leg day, you do have to drag yourself into the gym to keep the week going. For those few weeks, that next morning workout didn't feel like such a task to get up for. Be advised, this is a very slight difference, though still noticeable.

In this case, the priced value is rated the same as the product because I do feel they go hand-in-hand. TruRecover isn't overpriced, even at retail. Most stockists will have it leveled off at $20. The best price is actually direct from PES at $17.99. This is firmly in the realm of being something to donate extra funds for.

Side Effects

Nada

Conclusion

I went away from looking at TruRecover as a singular product and changed the angle. Because it's simply a recovery support item, maybe it's best placement is in a stack. PES has an entire Tru line meant to piece together an entire day's stack, not just a workout.

In addition, imagine a recovery-driven stack... a post-workout, protein, TruRecover, etc. That's where this would make more sense. I prefer to give something its due before I dismiss it. I couldn't just go so far to call this one useless just because it didn't rock the world. Especially when I didn't find it to be useless in my experience.

Thanks for taking the time.
As usual: thoughts, comments, questions and critique are all welcome.

• Xcmiler
    May 27, 2018

Nice review, I am taking this now and to be honest I don't really feel much from it.