Norcodrene (Old Formula) has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Weight Loss > Thermogenics

Norcodrene (Old Formula) Reviews

By: PES

Norcodrene (Old Formula) is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by PES. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Norcodrene (Old Formula) has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Weight Loss > Thermogenics

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

3.0
  April 8, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Small Pills
  • Decent Appetite Control
  • No Thermo Effect
  • Label Claims Not Met
  • No Increase In Energy
I've been putting this one off for a while now, so without further ado, here is my review for PES' new Norcodrene. Jumping right into it:

Profile/Dosing: (7/10)

Per single capsule, we have a 225mg TGR5a-Infused Matrix which consists of CirsiumPlexâ„¢ Blend (Cirsium Oligophyllum (whole plant) Extract, Japanese Thistle (root) Extract), Grapefruit (seed) Extract (Nomileanâ„¢), Selaginella Tamariscina (whole plant) Extract (Standardized for Amentoflavone).

They also included 100mg of caffeine per capsule.

PES puts all their eggs in the TGR5a basket and inlcuded mostly ingredients that help to stimulate this, and I have to say, the science behind it is solid. It is a pathway that plays a role in energy metabolism and glucose homeostasis. If you'd like to read a bit more about the science behind TGR5, go here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3132465/

I used 3 caps of Norcodrene a day throughout the majority of my use. The capsules were incredibly small and easy to swallow, so all good here. My calories were fairly consistent at around 2700cal per day.

Effectiveness: (3/10)

Although I went from 282lbs to 266lbs over the course of a single bottle of Norcodrene, I honestly have to say that I feel that I would have had the same results without the use of it.

In terms of their claims, which include increased energy, thermogenesis, mood and appetite control, the appetite control was the only aspect I felt a difference in.

Appetite control was solid, but Alphamine was miles better.

Energy, enhanced mood and thermo effect, however, were practically nonexistent. Besides the decent appetite suppression, I literally felt nothing. No increase in body temperature and I would have gotten 3 times as much energy from a cup of coffee.

On several occasions, I took my two caps in the morning and took a nap immediately afterwards. Call me a stim junkie, but it just did nothing for me.

My mood was just about the same as it always is and I would have noticed if it were significantly influenced.

There just wasn't anything that stood out about Norcodrene and I was honestly happy when the bottle ended.

Value: (6/10)

I payed $25 for a bottle of Norcodrene and while that represents good value for a 90 serving bottle if you're using 3 caps a day, I wouldn't pay this price again since it didn't do the trick for me. It is competitively priced, however, so I couldn't completely trash it in this area.

Overall: (4.5/10)

While the science backing it is solid and I did lose weight, I can't say I felt Norcodrene is what tipped the scales (literally and figuratively) in my favor and as the title stated, it was a completely unmemorable and unstimulating experience. I love PES as a company and enjoy some of their other products but I can't give this one my blessing. Every company has it's dud and it's stars and in my opinion, this one is a dud.

March 7, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Small Pills
  • Decent Appetite Control
  • No Thermo Effect
  • Label Claims Not Met
  • No Increase In Energy
I'm a big fan of PES. I've used most of their products, and have had plenty of success with them(except Enhanced). When Norcodrene was announced, I was more than excited to get my hands on it. Norcodrene claims the following:

-Thermo Igniting Matrix

-Energy & Mood

-Emerging Science(not really a label claim, it's just on the bottle)

-Amazing Feel

Despite my love for PES, Norcodrene failed to deliver on these claims, which I will explain below.

Ingredient Profile:

There are 3 parts to Norcodrene, 2 blends, and caffeine.

Norcodrene has this new blend called TGR5a. I looked this up, and there is some science to it. I would love to post the link I found on it several weeks ago, but I'm having trouble finding it at the moment. I suggest taking a look at it, because the science is interesting.

Thermo Energy Matrix- a blend of yohimbe, Nelumbo Nucifera Extract(Higenamine)

Caffeine is at 100mg per pill. This was obviously targeted for people who are sensitive to stims.

Seems PES put all their faith into the TGR5a, which seems to be a competitor to iFAS50.

Dosing:(9.5/10)

2 in the morning, 1 in afternoon 5-6 hours later. Well I would have given this a 9, but for whom it may concern, the pills are small. Small enough for anyone to swallow. It doesn't effect me, but I've seen people complain about big pills so I thought I'd raise the rating for that.

Effectiveness:(6.2/10)

As always, I'll break this into separate categories.

Thermo effect:3/10
Next to nothing. The first 2-3 times I took this I might have gotten a hint of a hot feeling, but other than that I got no increased thermo effect, even during cardio sessions.

Energy:4/10
Being the stim-junkie that I am, especially when I'm cutting, even 2 pills of this did little. At most this made me feel somewhat better, like a cup of coffee, but sometimes it was close to taking nothing.

Appetite Suppression:6.8/10
This is usually what I look for in fat burners. We all know diet is key to cutting, and being able to control your appetite is huge. Norcodrene was by no means impressive in this department, but at the same time, I seemed to have much more control over my appetite. In my log, I posted most of my daily macros, and I usually had no problem hitting them. The day I stopped using this, I went on a, eating binge, which usually happens the few days after I stop taking fat burners.

This does not come close to Alphamine for this, but I'd rate it a bit above Beta-Stim.

Results/Label Claims:5/10
Alright well my results were pretty good. I contribute that to my diet and extra cardio however. I lost weight slowly during the month I ran Norcodrene. I believe I started out somewhere around 171-172, and ended at 167.4. Body comp test also showed a decrease of 2% bf. Those body comp results are by no means accurate however, but they did show that my cut has been going in the right direction. In other words, I got results, but this only helped me keep my cravings and diet in control, no extra fat loss like Alphamine or Ripped ***tail.

The label claims were disappointing. I saw many people say Norcodrene was giving them mood enhancement and solid energy. I did not get either of those. Hell I could argue that my mood went down, but that could have been caused by the lack of calories in my diet. Either way, label claims were just not met.

Value:(7/10)

You can find this for around $30+ depending on where you look. For the effectiveness, it's quite high. Not going to destroy your wallet, but still not competitive.

Overall:(6.5/10)

Norcodrene was quite the disappointment for me. The label claims were not met, and all I really got out of Nocrodrene was an appetite control pill. The only way I would recommend this is if you have low stim-sensitivity and can find this on sale. Other than that, I'd say you are better off taking stronger thermos with proven ingredients such as Alphamine or Ripped ***tail.