Ranks #12 (better than 86%)
In: Pre-Workout > Pump

High Volume is a Pump Product manufactured by PES. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Pre-Workout > Pump

Kamikazi
  April 21, 2017

Hi guys, haven't posted a review in a long time so here it goes! I'm 35 and have recently competed in a Physique competition. I decided to use this product since i really like PES products. Used it during my last 2 weeks of prep, finished the tub a week after. At this point i'd like to mentioned that i stacked it with my pre workout "Out Lift " by Nutrex. Let's move on with the review.

The ingredient profile of High Volume is interesting, as it is loaded with a good amount of NO ingredients. Was particularly interested to see whether it would make a difference or not since i haven't used Arginine Nitrate (NO3-T) before. It also contains L-Citrulline which according to PES:

"L-Citrulline is one of the best NO ingredients on the market, but it is constantly used at tiny serving sizes or in combination with L-malate...for no reason! L-Malate does not have any ability to increase NO.[..] The citrulline malate found in products is just a blend of L-Citrulline and L-Malate. That means, the 4 grams of L-Citrulline that is found in High Volume is equivalent to the citrulline content in 8 grams of citrulline malate!"

Flavor: I bought Cotton Candy flavor. A true 10/10. 'Nuff said.

Mixability: 10/10

Dosing: 2 scoops for a total of 14g 30 mins before working out. It stated that for peeps under 160lb, 1 scoop 30 mins prior and for those over 160lbs 1-2 scoops 30 mins prior.

Here's the part everyone's waiting to read:

I was a bit skeptical about it, in terms of whether it would actually work or not since i was in the final stages of prep and i was severely depleted. So i decided to use it for a workout or two and decide whether to keep using it or save for after the comp. As i mentioned above, i stacked it with my pre-workout. I know what you are going to say "how where you able to notice if it actually worked?". Well, i've been using my pre-workout for quite some time now and i know the effects it had on me. So any difference would be noticeable.

Now i must admit i didn't follow the instructions per se. When i bought it my weight was 70kg (154 lb) but i used 2 scoops because why not!

High Volume did what it was supposed to do. I noticed greater vascularity, veins were popping out from even the weirdest places (under my armpit for example!) and this is something that i didn't get before from my pre! My legs were more vascular too and i still managed to get some decent pumps on my arms, chest and shoulders (remember that i was 2 weeks out and depleted).

Now i'm in recovery diet (won 2nd place btw hahaha :D) and i've increased my carb intake. That + High volume = Freakin' awesome pumps and vascularity. Did an upper body workout yesterday and the pumps where sometimes a bit too much! Can't wait to try this again when i'm a massing phase!!!

I live in Europe so i bought it from Predator Nutrition for 32 (38 EURO or 41 USD). That's 38 Euros for 18 servings (2 scoops) which comes down to 2.1 Euros (or 2.27 USD) per serving. I admit that it is expensive and will only buy it again when i save enough money for 2 containers. It is worth it because it delivers but only if you can afford this "luxury".

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall a great NO product, probably the best NO product i've tried in years. Great taste, effective but expensive. Will definitely recommend it to anyone who can afford it. Chase the pump bros! :)
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increases N.O.
  • Good Tasting
  • Stim Free
  • Long Lasting Pump
  • Increases Vascularlity
  • Great Pumps
  • Cotton Candy: 10/10
davidian
TROOPer Level: 25
  February 29, 2016

What's up SR? Time for another review, and today I will be reviewing PES's pump pre-workout product, High Volume. First a little bit of background.

I decided in 2015 that I would not take any stimulants for the entire year, and as a consequence of that, I switched to pump-only products for my pre-workouts. Over the course of 2015 I tried a number of pump products, with the goal of finding which individual ingredients work the best in my body, and also hopefully finding a product on the market that gave me consistent results I could go back to time and time again.

My training consisted of CT Fletcher/Mike Rashid heavy weight and high rep ridiculousness, with drop sets, supersets and all of that thrown in, 5 days a week. Basically, if you couldnt get a pump product to work for you with that kind of workout it was never going to work for you.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 9.5/10

High Volume cannot have a perfect score here as they have a prop blend, and I wont give a perfect score for anything with a prop blend. Having said that, the majority of the pump ingredients have their amount fully disclosed, so props to PES there. The ingredients are clinically dosed and they work well in synergy with each other, which at the end of the day is what matters. I cant fault anything here, and I wouldnt add or remove anything, because it's properly dosed and it works. I would also like to point out PES did not put any creatine in High Volume, which makes it easy to get your creapure bulk tub and dump in 5g of that pre-workout without wondering how much is actually there, and the quality of it.

DOSING

I dosed at 2 scoops for the entire tub. I didnt feel the need to up my dosage at any time. I feel I got about the stated doses (18), maybe a couple more? I took High Volume 10-20mins before my workout and it hit the spot every time, unlike some pump PWOs.

MIXABILITY

No issues here. No crap in the bottom of the cup, no staining of the shaker. You dont need to shake the living jesus out of this product to get it to mix in either, a gentle shake does the business.

TASTE - 10/10

I had blue frost. It tasted really nice. I didnt get sick of it at any stage, in fact I really enjoyed it throughout the entire tub. There was no staining of my shaker when using this flavour. For a PWO you really cant ask for anything more.

EFFECTIVENESS - 10/10

This is equal the most effective PWO pump product I have ever used. It sits proudly alongside my other champion in Lecheek's Pump X3. You slam this stuff down, go to the gym, do a couple of sets and BANG it's pump time. The pump blew me up and made me have to reconsider training triceps and back on the same day sometimes, as the pumps would begin to become painful, but you take one for the team there because you look beast and need to push it out. I am not a very vascular person, so I dont normally see much of an increase in vascularity from pump products, but there was some effect here for me with High Volume. What impressed me the most about High Volume was that I never felt I needed to up the dosage from 2 scoops. The pumps were consistent no matter when I took the product (10-20mins before working out) or whether I was taking it on an empty stomach or fueled up. I also felt that if I was distracted at the gym and felt the pump begin to die down, 1 quick set blew me back up again. The pump effect lasted long after my workout, which made showering after an arm workout good fun and made me feel like a goof trying to fumble the soap.

I feel that a pump product does its job if it 1 - pumps you up during the workout and 2 - due to an effective pump pushing more nutrients to your muscles, you feel sorer afterwards. I certainly felt more fatigued when the pump died down than normal, and also the next day, especially if I wasnt taking any recovery products. This is an exceptional quality of the best of the best pump products, a quality High Volume possessed for me.

SIDE EFFECTS - 10/10

No issues at all here, no flushes, no extremely painful pumps, no bathroom issues or anything.

VALUE - 9/10

I tossed and turned a bit on the value component of High Volume. On the one hand, it is expensive (USD$36 or thereabouts, and about AUD$42 on bb.com is the cheapest I found it) compared to other pump PWOs, but on the other hand it's the benchmark in pump PWO products for me. It's true, you need to pay for quality, but in a perfect world, you would have that quality at a truly competitive price. Whilst High Volume is certainly not ridiculous value, it is, at the end of the day, a premium product with a premium price.

CONCLUSION - 9.8/10

This is the best pump PWO product that I have ever used. PES High Volume gave me the biggest and longest pumps in the gym i've ever had, consistently time and time again without the need to up my dosage through the tub. The soreness the next day demonstrated the exceptional qualities of this pump PWO, not only at the time in the gym in giving you a pump, but in shuttling nutrients to your muscles to allow you to push a little harder, tear them a little more, and then grow them back bigger and stronger. The price gives it a little hit, but if you are like me and want the best of the best, then you cannot go past PES High Volume as your go-to pump PWO product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Stim Free
  • Increases N.O.
  • Increases Vascularlity
  • Good Tasting
  • Long Lasting Pump
  • Blue Frost: 10/10
torpi
TROOPer Level: 5
  October 29, 2015

Hey my fellow reviewers, Torpi here. Today I want to share my experience on (in my opinion) one of the best stim-free/pump dedicated PWO on the market - High Volume from PES.

Ingredient Profile - 9/10

Almost perfect. If you are into pump/vascularity based supps like I am, this no doubt should be one of your top picks. I really dont want to go through each ingredient in the profile, because I think that most of you guys allready know what they suppose to deliver. I have only 2 complains which I want to mention. First one is the prop blend in the "Performance Pump Matrix". I dont know why PES done that since they fully disclosed the exact amount of each ingredient in the first, "Nitric Oxide (NO) Pump Matrix". Second complain is about dosing. On the tub, they tell you that you get full 36 loaded scoops. However, if you look at the serving size, its actually 2 scoops per serving. So basically you get only 18 servings per tub, which price-wise, puts High Volume into the high end of PWO supps, considering cost per serving.

Taste - 9/10 - I had the Blue Frost flavour and it was very refreshing, especially on those hot sunny days.

Mixability - 8/10 - Was OK, no clumps, no undissolved ingredient left. However, it left some blue artificial color and dye in my shaker after drinking it.

Dosing - 1-2 scoops with various stim based PWOs I have used at that time (Launch 4350 Reloaded, Mr. Hyde, Stimul8)

Effectiveness 9/10 - To put it simple, for me, High Volume delivered every time I took it. However, I didnt took it regularly on daily basis, simply because of the high price. But when I took it, what I experienced was that in 1 scoop (half of the serving size) stacked with my stim PWO of choice, the pumps and vascularity were definitely increased. Not "mind-blowing" or "skin-tearing" type, just really decent and pleasant type of pumps. However, at 2 scoop dose (1 serving size), the pumps and vascularity were almost unbearable. Especially when I was stacking it with Mr Hyde I experienced one of the best pumps ever. It was one of the most sickest PWO combination I ever had. Stacking it with other two stim PWOs mentioned above was also great, but the combination with Mr. Hyde was just second to none. There isnt much more I could say...just stack it with your favorite stim and you will get the best from both worlds, period.

Value - 6/10 - This is the biggest downside of this PWO. 35E for 18 full servings is just too much, considering that you have to take 2 scoops if you want to experience High Volumes full potential. However, if you dont have problem pay that much money for pump supplement, I highly recomend High Volume to everyone.

Side Effects - none...only pleasant, narcistic feeling when looking at the mirror in the gym :D

Conclusion - What else I could say? I think its all obvious from the review. High Volume is definitely one of the best stim-free pump based PWO on the market. If the price isnt your main concern, I highly recomend it to everyone. Just stack it with your favorite stim and you will definitely get one of the best workouts.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Great Endurance
  • Stim Free
  • Increases N.O.
  • Increases Vascularlity
  • Good Tasting
  • Little Heavy On Dyes And Artificial Colours
MP60
  April 18, 2015

I've been weight training for over 20 years. I believe supplements are an indispensable part of any athlete's training regime; whether you're a gym rat or professional sportsperson, correct supplementation can provide that extra edge. I train 6 days a week; hitting chest, back and arms twice a week. I hover around 12% bodyfat all year. I don't bulk in a traditional way, I like to keep carbs down and employ a 5 meal per day regimen staying at around 2,500 to 3,000 calories a day. I've found SR to be a very good reference when looking at my supplement choices. This is my first review.

I don't use High Volume as a pre-workout; I use it strictly as a Pump/Volumiser. My pre-workout of choice is Jacked Factory's 'Altius' which I will review separately. High Volume is marketed as the company’s hardcore pump formula which contains a nitric oxide matrix that contains a range of popular pump ingredients. This includes a whopping 5g dose of citrulline, 1g of agmatine sulfate as well as HydroMax glycerol monostearate, and a good dose of an unknown nitrate compound. Pump supplements are certainly experiencing a surge in their popularity and no doubt, High Volume will make a significant impact in this category.

Blue Frost appears to be the only flavour currently available; fortunately PES have done a great job on this flavour - it's not too sweet and it mixes well. I use 2 scoops which I believe is the optimum dosage. Unfortunately this makes High Volume a little expensive; that being said, I only use it on back & bi days, and chest & Tri days, so a tub lasts me a month.

In terms of effectiveness High Volume nails it. The veins start to pop out within a couple of sets and remain for a couple of hours afterwards. My boys always love the look of my arms when I get home from the gym. It's not an exaggeration to say they look like they've got a couple of hosepipes running down them. Full marks to PES for getting this spot on.

I always look around the net for specials on High Volume, but given the results, I'm not too concerned about the price. I'm a big believer in the saying when you find something that works you stick to it.

Side Effects

As far as side effects - I haven't experienced any negative sides from High Volume. I have heard of one of my mates experiencing some stomach discomfort - which I believe may stem from the large dosing of citrulline.

Conclusion

I was a big fan of Hemavol, but I think High Volume has raised the bar again. If it's the roadmap look that you're after and you want your arms and chest to feel like they're going to explode, then look no further than High Volume.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increases N.O.
  • Good Tasting
  • Stim Free
  • Long Lasting Pump
    trey-carmine
    TROOPer Level: 60
      April 14, 2015

PES brings us a new pump pre-workout with the cleverly named High Volume. There seems to always be a split on pre-workouts lately. It fit's in one of the following categories, pump, stimulant or the very rare complete pre-workout that has everything. Unfortunately PES didn't fall under the complete as I was hoping for but they do have a solid entry into the pump range. I suspect the team at PES will come out with another pre-workout in time to accompany this to make a great duo.

Ingredient Profile 7.5/10

Serving size-2 scoops
    Vitamin C 250 mg 400%
    Nitric Oxide (NO) Pump Matrix 7,000 mg **
    L-Citrulline (4,000 mg), Arginine Nitrate (2,000 mg), Agmatine Sulfate (1,000 mg)
    Performance Pump Matrix 3,750 mg **
    Taurine, Glycerol 65% (HydroMAX™), Selaginella Tamariscina (whole plant) Extract (AmentoMAX™), Evodia Rutaecarpa Extract

PES went all out with the pump ingredients both in a proprietary blend and one transparently dosed, which I find unusual. Why not just list the whole thing transparently since half of it already is? The NO pump matrix provides us the real numbers here and everything is dosed adequately for being all that is included. The performance pump matrix is a jumble of ingredients. Personally I love Taurine in a pre-workout, Glycerol and AmentoMAX are also compounds I’m a fan of and enjoyed seeing it included. I do like that they opted not to have Caffeine in it, which is something not a lot of companies will do. On occasion I did pop a 200mg caffeine pill to have that extra pick me up and I enjoyed the pairing. Still wish I knew the doses of the last matrix and for that I have to go with a 7.5

Taste- I had the Blue Frost flavor and I enjoyed every bit of it. To me it left almost like a cotton candy after taste in my mouth. Kudos on PES with the flavoring which is something they seem to excel in with every product.

Mixability- no issue, it mixed smoothly.

Dosing- 20 minutes pre-workout I took 2 scoops and was good to go.

Effectiveness 8.5/10

High Volume does it’s job and provides you with a pump once you get done with your warm-ups. Vasculatiry was increased as well as muscle fullness. I didn't feel any extra energy or push like I like to get with my pre-workouts but it’s not something I fully expected. The amentoflavone was kind of a let down personally. I usually feel a slight increase in strength when I’ve experienced with it solo, I had no such feeling this go around. The best part of High Volume is that the pump is long lasting and a couple hours after my workout my arms were noticeably bigger, who can complain about that. Intra-workout they were just as good as 8g of Citrulline, post workout they outperform everything I’ve taken before.

Value 6.5/10

This is where I have a hard time going with High Volume again. They chose to put in 36 servings for around $30 from most retailers. Great deal! Except not really. When you need 2 servings the tub will last you 18 workouts for averaging $1.66 per workout. When I compare this to some of my top pre workouts I just can’t justify to spend more for a sub par performance. Now if/when PES comes out with a complimentary pre-workout to go with this, then things could get interesting. I also think if they could jump the servings up to 40 and stay at the same price point it would help.

Conclusion

PES is one of my favorite brands. I’ve ran through their fat burner alphamine and a couple tubs of their protein and never been let down. I still wasn’t let down with High Volume and I knew it wouldn’t replace any of my go to pre-workout cocktails, but I did expect slightly more. The pumps were good intra and post workout for a couple hours to follow. If you want a pure pump pre-workout then I say give High Volume a try and create your own opinion. You just may end up loving it.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increases N.O.
    • Good Tasting
    • Long Lasting Pump
    • Expected More
    Anthony1989
      January 26, 2015

Once in awhile I will indulge in pump products simply just to see whats out there and if they are effective or not. That being said, they are pure luxury and if you have money to spend on them, why not. When PES releases a new product, especially a pump product, I had to hop all over it. I am addicted to alphamine and my favorite pre ever was enhanced (RIP). there was so much hype for this product, with such a small intro price I would be stupid not to jump on it. But did it live up to the hype? Did this change my whole outlook on pump products? Hmm we shall see..

(8/10)

The ingredient profile was actually kind of nice. 2 matrixes: Nitric Oxide and performance pump. The Nitric Oxide panel is transparently labeled showing that there is 4g of L-Citrulline, 2g Arginine Nitrate, and 1g of good ol Agmatine. The second was a bit more intriguing, and it included Amentomax and Hydromax included. For those who don't know or not familiar with those ingredients I will do a simplified write-up:

Hydromax w/ taurine is a glycerol compund that gets instantly transported to your plasma after ingested. The problem with it is that it is very gritty and acts like a sponge when it comes in contact with any moisture instantly soaking it up and clumping. It can saturate the muscle and deliver that high quality pump aspect, but sometimes it doesn't deliver because of the rough texture. Taurine, in general, alleviates cramps by hydrating the muscle. So basically taurine will help bring this glycerol component to the muscle to not only hydrate it, but deliver the precious ingredient to feed our ongoing desires to feel like Arnold.

Amentomax hasn't had a lot of studies done on it, from what I read. If you don't know the aspect of calcium in a muscle contraction then this may be a little hard to understand, but amentomax helps release more calcium ions in the muscle cell allowing more force to be produced. Ultimately, giving off a more of a 'focus' aspect to this product, and feeding that 'mind-muscle' connection.

(4/10)
    I had the paradise cooler and it was so clumpy from the ingredients that it was hard to dose and get an actual scoop. It is a pineapple orange flavor which can be very hard to mask and mix in with other preworkout flavors(if you choose to do so). The flavor itself isn't half bad. One dosen't overpower the other by any means, almost like a tropical punch flavor. I wish I got the blue frost flavor. There was clumping and settlement, which was expected since I didn't expect a huge clump to dissolve instantly.

(6/10)
    The first week was insane. I had some of the fattest pumps throughout any muscle group I was training to the point that I felt numb, but wanted to keep going. Vascularity was huge and what I loved seeing. I had a vein fatter than a fish oil pill right on top of my forearm, you know I was taking pics, lol. But all good things come to an end, and low and behold after that week I wasn't experiencing much of vascularity or crazy pumps through the rest of my run.

(2/10)
    It's 18 servings that could be fond for ~30$ which, in my opinion, is not a great deal at all. If it was consistent through the whole run, I would have no problem paying that tag. But in my eyes, not so much.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Like I stated previously, this was purely a luxury run. I just wanted to see if it lived up to the hype. I am really sorry to say it did not. Anyways, just my two cents to save you two cents..

Anthony
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Endurance
    • Stim Free
    • Increases N.O.
    • Ok Pumps
    • Effects Don't Last Long
    • Expected More
    workoutguru
    TROOPer Level: 71
      January 21, 2015

I was given the chance to give this new product a try and was pretty excited. I had heard before when this product was owned by a different company this was suppose to be really good. When I heard a great company like PES bought the rights to it I knew I had to finally give this a try. I am starting to really like pump products a lot more but they are not always that important to have but nice if you have the extra money to spend. This will be my first ever PES product I have tried and have been wanting to try some of there products for awhile now.

Ingredients:
    Serving size 2 scoops
    Servings per container 18

Vitamin C 250 mg
    Nitric Oxide (NO) Pump Matrix 7,000 mg

Performance Pump Matrix 3,750 mg

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Silicon Dioxide, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Magnesium Stearate, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Yellow 6, FD&C Red 40

The ingredient profile for this seems to be pretty decent and really like what they put in here. A lot of these ingredients have been proven and work great which makes it a better product. For the most part I feel everything in here is dosed fairly well. They also bring a lot of really new interesting ingredients to this product that I liked. The HydroMax, AmentoMax and Evodia Rutaecarpa is a nice addition to see added in a pump product like this. Most of those three ingredients I knew very little about and had to do some research on them and was please with what I found out on them.

Value:
    I have seen the price for this as low as $23.99 and as high as $30.99. Most of the sites I have seen this on it sells in the high $20 range. It's an ok price just depends on how many servings you need. If you can do one scoop you get 36 servings and if you need 2 scoops you get 18 servings. I think most people will want to take 1.5 to 2 scoops. Depending on how many servings you get out of this will really reflect the price a bit I think. So right now depending on the price you can get this for and how many servings you need I will just give it an ok price for this product.

Taste:
    I had the Blue Frost. They also have a paradise cooler flavor which I wanted but were out of stock on that flavor. The blue frost I thought was pretty good. It tastes kind of like your blueberry. It seemed to have a nice light taste to it nothing to strong or to sweet. I did notice just a little bit of chemical after taste to it but I still enjoyed it. I was not sure how it would taste mixing it with a pre-workout but it seemed to be all right depending on the flavor of your pre-workout

Mixing/Dosing
    Can't really say how well this mixed up on it's own. I always mixed this with my pre-workout since it was a lot easier than trying to take both of them separately since I would take it right away when I would leave work and then head to the gym. For the most part it seemed like it mixed fairly well. Maybe just a little bit of stuff on the sides of my shaker cup but nothing real bad. I should have tried mixing it by itself just to see how it mixed and tasted by itself. Dosing on this will vary a bit. It says there are 36 scoops in here if you do 1 scoop and if you do 2 scoops you get 18. It says to start out with 1 scoop and once you build up your tolerance then you can up it to 2 scoops. I started off with one scoop for awhile and that was ok because I was still getting a little bit of pump ingredients from my pre-workout. After awhile I felt I needed to up my dosage a bit and did 1.5 scoops and that started to feel a lot better. I know if I did 2 scoops it would have been really good but with the extra stuff I was getting from my pre-workout I figured that would be to much and might make the pumps to intense and hurt at times which I have had happen before and it's not a good feeling. If your taking this by itself you will want to be doing 2 scoops for sure.

I never got the chance to try this before PES bought the rights to it from another company so I can't really compare this to that but wish I could. I have a feeling this is probably a bit better than when this other company had it. Looks like they did improved it a bit. I found that when I used this or any other pump type products I need to be doing more high volume training (which I usually do) and really keep myself going hard on my workout to really feel the pumps a lot more. Some days depending on how hard of a workout I was doing the pumps were so so and some days if I upped my workout a bit more they were crazy insane. Most of the time the pumps I got from this were pretty decent. I know a few times when I would workout a little to hard the pumps got to be to much for me and kind of hurt. For some reason on leg day is when I would really feel it the most.

The vascularity part of this was ok. I got some vascularity from this but nothing real crazy like where I had the road map looking veins. I do wish I could have gotten a little more vascularity from this. I do feel my muscle looked and felt a little more swole from this which I did like. I felt my endurance was a lot better and could go longer which was nice a long with the pumps I got. I feel this helped increase my workouts more and made them a lot more enjoyable because of the good pumps I got and extra energy it gave me.

Side Effects:
    The only real side effects I got from this were the insane pumps I got a few times that really hurt but other than that there were no real side effects I got from this.

Overall:
    This was a pump product I really enjoyed taking. When this gave me some of those really good pumps it felt really good and made for a much better workout. If your looking for a great pump product from a top notch company I would highly recommend you giving this a try. More than likely you will need to do 2 scoops and I wish they would make this so you only need 1 because other wise it does not last as long. If your having to spend $30 plus on this and only getting 18 servings instead of 36 it can really start to add up quickly. This is a product I will for sure being using again in the future when I am in need of a good pump product. Next time I really want to give there paradise cooler flavor a try.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Pumps
    • Great Focus
    • Great Endurance
    • Stim Free
    • Increases N.O.
    • Increases Vascularlity