Enhanced has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Enhanced Reviews

By: PES

Enhanced is a Pre-Workout manufactured by PES. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Enhanced has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Overall
Overall
5.2
5.8
  July 25, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • No Jitters
  • Lasting Energy
  • Weird Taste
  • Mediocre Pump
  • Tastes Bad
  • May Not Be The Best Choice For A Stim Junkie

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
OK to introduce myself prior to taking Enhanced ive been lifting for almost 3 years,seen some decent gains.Ive been eating clean all the time with the exception of some cheating on the weekends like a whole pizza once a week or a tub of ice cream.
Taking this product i really expected some serious impact on my training,as i have never taken a pre workout before

(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)
Reading about the ingredients online,i initially liked to buy the product to try it.
Agmatine sulfate and caffeine are some proven to work substances,but at 1 scoop theyre underdosed quite a bit IMO
The Motivation Stimulant System contains some ingredients that im not familiar with, it also contains vesy small amounts of calcium carbonate(i presume for buffering of lactic acid) and some vitamin C in the mix.Again all these ingredients are underdosed in 1 scoop IMO

OK the taste i bought was the Blue Razz.Ive tried Ami N.O Energy from ON in the past and ireally liked this rasberry flavour(and colour!) so i ordered this taste in this product.Maaaan i was SO wrong.This thing was disgusting for what the flavours name is.Firstly, it was GREEN powder and liquid when you mix it,NOT BLUE.Secondly it tasted pretty much like a greens formula to me with a bit of a fruityflavour in the back.I had to use a lot of liquid to water down the flavour and chug it,but it was so nasty the aftertaste.

Now,on to the mixability.THIS THING DOES NOT MIX at all.everytime i would use a hand mixer to mix it and it would still have some powder at the bottom of the glass.E-V-E-R-Y-T-I-M-E.I had to swirl tha glass to drink all the powder from the bottom.ALSO, the drink had a very weird texture,the powder settling down was like undissolved fiber very grainy like.Overall it was a very bad experience trying to mix and drink this thing

The dosing as i said before is pretty bad on this product.To have a good dose of caffeine,agmatine and lucine from this you need at least 2 scoops IMO.

OK as i said this was my first preworkout so i didnt know what to expect from this.I started at 1 scoop,and i didnt notice anything from it.Than i went to 2 scoops for a while.Some days i would feel it kicking in,i had a good focus in my workout,very sustained energy, and more willing to do cardio after a long weight training workout.Some other days although i would not feel this at all.Also i should notice an improved pump from this as it states on the label,which I DID NOT.

I got this from a discount online for 20 euros.I never thought about taking a pre workout because i thought they were really pricey,so the price was good from my view.However the value of this product is bad.Thinking about it again it is not worth more than 10 euros at the most since you need 2 scoops to feel something(if i was a preworkout user before i might have need even more) so it gives you only half the servings for its price

Side Effects

I believe i got no side effects from this other than some really heavy heart beating when doing cardio and taking this beforehand,which i was a little bit unsettling because i thought my heart was going to explode! :).Also i dont know if it is a side effect but the aftertaste haunted me for a good half an hour...

Conclusion

Overall, i would NOT recommend this to anyone having experience with preworkouts.I would recommend something stronger /potent than this.
It also takes guts to chug this down as it doesnt mix at all and the blue razz flavour is horrible
If you dont mind trying it though go ahead if you find it cheap in a discount,BUT i do not recommend the blue razz flavour.Try fruit puch intead if you feel lucky enough!

3.0
  November 30, 2013

• Tastes Bad
Jack3d was my PWO product of choice until the ban...

I experimented with Enhanced due to its hype and the high regard for PES amongst its customers.

Unfortunately, I decided to stop using Enhanced and return the product on the 30th day after I had purchased it (12 workouts I've used Enhanced for).

I stopped using Enhanced because my blood pressure was remarkably raised and because I felt light-headed at times; at one point I felt like I was going to faint.

There is no history of heart/bp problems in my family. My bp has consistently averaged 117-123/73-80.

Despite the claims of Jack3d raising blood pressure, mine was not remarkably altered while using Jack3d.

While using Enhanced, I'd get readings averaging 130-145/83-90.

Enhanced tasted bad. I had the Fruit Punch flavor and could easily decipher the abundance of artificial flavoring that was used.

Enhanced did provide me with energy for workouts and vascularity was prominent on the inside of my arms, tops of hands, and tops of feet; however, the positives were not outweighing the negatives as other PWOs have done the same thing without raising my blood pressure and making me feel light-headed.

The cost of Enhanced was $35.99 and I was averaging 1.5 scoops for the desirable and undesirable effects. There are 40 servings with 1 scoop; however, at the rate I was going the math would have been $35.99 for 20-26 servings.

Kind of a bad value considering the aforementioned.

Note: I do not "stack" supplements.

Typically, I use 1 pre-workout formula and include a Whey post-workout and when I have not met my protein value through my diet.

Nothing in my diet changed while I used Enhanced. While using Enhanced, the only other supplement I used was ON's Natural Whey.

Overall: 4

Effectiveness: 5

Value: 3

Would not recommend PES Enhanced due to other formulas being as effective and cheaper in price.

October 7, 2013

• Upset Stomach
Big "thank you" to the PES reps that sent out another round of Enhanced & Alphamine. I was bummed I missed it the first time around, but happy to have got it this time.

Overall the reviews for Enhanced seemed to be pretty good, with a few less-than-stellar experiences sprinkled in. In fact, I think the majority of reviews for Enhanced were raving reviews. I saw lots of 9s & high 8s, but oddly enough when Enhanced missed it missed rather soundly. That being said, I was excited to try Enhanced & figured it would live up to its reputation.

PROFILE: B+

The major drawback of the profile is the 1300mg proprietary blend. Much like some other ERs, I am willing to cut some slack when reputable companies are involved, especially when the company is taking a new/different approach.

The label for Enhanced boasts a "new stimulant feel" which is reflected in the profile. The caffeine content is rather (low in my opinion) per scoop, but the proprietary blend attempts to compensate for that.

The one ingredient that makes me smile & feel warm with joy is the agmatine sulfate. I'm a fan of agmatine in general, but kind of wish the opted for Agmapure®. However, beggars can't be choosers & I am happy with the profile in general.

TASTE: A

I received the "blue razz" flavor, & I guess it tasted like a blue raspberry would. It was sweet, but nor overly, & just tasted good. End of story.

MIXABILITY: D

Yeah it sucked. The nature of the powder was weird to being with, almost sawdust-like. When you went to go mix it, a good part of it would settle & make a rather good tasting drink all funky like. I was very displeased with the aspect, but it's hardly make-or-break.

EFFECTIVENESS: B

Simply put, Enhanced did deliver. I jumped right at two scoops, & really liked the way Enhanced performed. The energy was very clean but solid, the pumps were good, & the focus was on point. There really isn't much else to say.

However, there was one inconvenient side effect. Clippy had mentioned on occasion that Enhanced would clean his bowls out, without fail. That one aspect made me a bit hesitant initially, because the last thing I want is for nature to call at the bottom of a PR squat. While I didn't quite get that, a part of me wishes I did. Instead, I would have that "ima *** my pants" feel but not be able to clear it (if you catch my drift). The first time I took Enhanced it made my squat workout very uncomfortable & I did not perform as well at all. As time went on, that "feeling" began to diminish...but not entirely.

I probably would have scored Enhanced much high, if it wasn't for the bowl issues.

VALUE: B

Enhanced seems to range in price from $25 to $35, depending on where you shop. For 40 servings, that's not a bad price at all. However, I do believe two scoops are where it's at so the value takes a bit of a ding.

OVERALL: C

The untimely bowl movements (or lack thereof) really held Enhanced back for me. As well as it worked, I found myself very uncomfortable for too many workouts. That being said, in terms of the reviews, the good does seem to outweigh the bad. Enhanced did deliver on its claims for the most part, & is a viable option for anyone out there really. But, I'm not 100% ready to give Enhanced a green light all the way.

October 3, 2013

• Little/no Increase In Energy
Haven't had to write a "bad" review in a long time since joining this site. Just goes to show, we all react to some supplements differently. This was very much my case with PES Enhanced. Read a bunch of positive reviews, but ended up very disappointed.

PES touts Enhanced to be a "Superior Strength Stimulant" with:
-Insane Focus
-Cutting Edge Stimulant/New Stimulant Feel
-Triple Phase Pump System
-World Class Taste

Dosing: 1-2 scoops 30-45 minutes before training; I double scooped most of my tub just so I could get through it faster. This review will be primarily based on my experience with 2 scoops.

I'll break this part up according to their claims.

Insane Focus:
I did experience heightened focus, nothing "insane". I wouldn't put it up next to Craze focus-wise, but the focus aspect was definitely there. Although, it seemed like this was sometimes inconsistent. Most days I would be able to have a strong mind/muscle connection and stay focused on the weights, but some days my mind would start wandering between sets.
---------------------------
Cutting Edge Stimulant/New Stimulant Feel:
I noticed little to no stimulant/energy enhancing effect from Enhanced. The only times I noticed an increase in energy is when I would get about 5 hours of sleep and then workout in the morning. There wasn't any significant new stimulant feel aside from none at all.
---------------------------
Triple Phase Pump:
Enhanced provided a little bit of a pump. Definitely enough to notice, but nothing to write home about. Most of the time I was using GlycerGrow(GMS) with Enhanced so I wasn't worried about receiving a massive pump from my preworkout.

Taste/Mixability: 6/10
First off, I have no idea where PES gets off advertising a "World Class Taste" anywhere near or around Enhanced. I had the fruit punch flavor. It tasted pretty awful. Very medicinal taste, with hints of fruit punch and aftertones of cyanide (maybe not that bad). Mixability was pretty good however.

I usually see Enhanced selling for around $25. Each tub had 40 scoops. If 1 scoop does the trick for you it is a pretty great deal. However, if you need 2 scoops the pricing takes a pretty big drop and you're all of a sudden paying more than a dollar a serving.

Despite my mediocre experience with Enhanced, I would probably still recommend trying it. There are plenty of reviewers on this site who enjoyed Enhanced, and I feel like my body just doesn't respond well to their ingredients. I was truly expecting something more from this product but it didn't deliver for me.

September 16, 2013

• Tastes Bad
A big thank you to PES for allowing me to try out Enhanced.
I've been lurking on SR for a long time and thought it's about time to stop lurking and contribute a bit. Will be posting a bunch of reviews in the next little while.

Taste: 5/10
This was definitely not one of the better tasting formulas I have tried, however in it more than made up for taste in other sections. As long as I can get the formula down and keep it down it gets a pass.

I started out with 1 scoop and moved on to about 1.5 scoops, before going back to one scoop never needing to go to 2 scoops. With the caffeine dose being a low 125mg I thought I would be up to the full dose in a week as I am not caffeine sensitive, but the whole stimulant formula comes together and felt quite potent for me. Alongside the stimulant part is the pump side of this product which was also felt quite intensely. While using Enhanced I got my first killer Lat pump which was unheard of to me before.

Value:6/10
On the PES site this is listed for $49/40 servings, which is 1.23/scoop. If you are using 1 scoop this is fairly costly and 2 scoops even more, but lava135 has found it for around $27/30 servings which is a goof price in my opinion as well. It is unlikely most people will need to venture past one scoop but if you do this product could get costly.

I thoroughly enjoyed this product and would recommend people who are not as caffeine sensitive to give it a try. Taking in to account all of the ratings I have given I gave it an overall of an 8/10. I don't weight taste or value as heavily as effectiveness because in the end the only thing that really matters is effectiveness. I find most pre-workout formulas gag worthy, but as long as they are tolerable until the end of the tub and they are working that is good for me.

August 11, 2013

• Great Focus
  • Decent Pump
  • May Not Be The Best Choice For A Stim Junkie
What's up SR. Today I review Enhanced – the latest pwo offering from PES. Many thanks to the guys at PES for giving my the opportunity to try this through the ER program.

Profile: 8/10
This is an ultra concentrated (small scoop, small container) pump + stim pwo. The ingredients are a bit unique in that the first pump ingredient is leucine nitrate and I'm a good responder to amino nitrates in general. Likewise the first ingredient in the stim package is choline bitatrate. The rest of the ingredients tend to be a bit off the beaten path as well and I will steal the profile from Hulkish's review:

Enhanced HPW Proprietary Blend 1300mg
-Superior Pump System
--L-Leucine Nitrate, Cytidine 5'-diphosphocholine, Pomegranate Fruit Extract
-Motivation Stimulant System
--Choline Bitartrate, Pausinystalia Johibe Bark Extract (nPYE), Norcoclaurine HCI
--N-[2-hydroxy-2(4-methoxyphenyl) ethyl]-3-phenyl-2-propenamide
-Swertia Chirayita (Whole Plant) Extract
Agmatine Sulfate 500mg
Calcium Carbonate 375mg 30
Caffeine Anhydrous 125mg
Vitamin C 50mg 84

It's all in a prop blend so that's not one of my favorite things to see but occasionally I'll give an established company (like PES) a pass on that when they've established a track record of providing effective formulas that aren't pixie dusted.

It uses a novel stim package with only 125mg of caffeine so I wouldn't call this a stim-junkie type of formula but the other stimulants do make up for the smaller amount of caffeine. Granted it's not Muscle Marinade, but it's not intended to be, by design. For me it delivered one of the smoothest energy rushes from as pwo hat I can recall - no immediate buzz/rush, but preferred in my book.

Taste: 6/10
This is not one of the better tasting products that I've ever had. I had the fruit punch (at least I think it was fruit punch, lol) however, it did bring me back to memories of older school formulas before we all became a bunch of sissies that cared about taste. Generally I don't rate a product higher because of fantastic taste and I don't rate it lower because of terrible taste. Just drink the damn thing already.

Dosing: 8/10
I took anywhere from 1-2 scoops of this 15-30 minutes prior to training and I have to say that either method was acceptable. My sweet spot was a heavy single scoop. I prefer just one scoop and it gave me excellent focus and energy to train, Like I said, I experimented with 2 scoops but frankly didn't see significant enough difference to warrant the drop in value.

This is a very solid pwo. I responded well to the leucine nitrate and the agmatine and as a result had very solid pumps and muscle fullness. Enhanced didn't leave me feeling cracked out and provided a very smooth and clean energy. I actually found the focus to be the best part of this and given that choline bitartrate is the first ingredient in the stim profile, that's not a surprise. Obviously PES chose to make focus a priority and they succeeded. Enhanced is an excellent balance of pump, focus and energy that resulted in very satisfying training sessions for me personally.

Value:8/10
This can be found online for around $27.00 and that got me about 30 or so servings so that's right underneath a buck per serving. Even at just one scoop it comes in around .68 per serving which is acceptable in my opinion. 2 scoops gets too pricey for me to recommend, but like I said, a single heavy scoop worked fine for me. So this is a solid 8 in value.

I found Enhanced to be a very worthy entry into the already glutted pwo market. Nothing too fancy and nothing over the top but it is a solid enhancement to my training so for that alone I'll rate this a very respectable 8 overall. This definitely gets two thumbs up from me and is a product that I will purchasing in the future as well.

3.0
  August 4, 2013

• Upset Stomache
  • Sickness All Around
  • Cleaned Out My System

First I want to give a big shout out to PES for hooking me up with a tub of Enhanced. For the most part I like all the other PES products and have had good success with in particular Alphamine, and Erase Pro. That being said I had a horrible time with Enhanced and I will delve more into this during my review. All right lets jump in.

When I first received this in the mail the first thing I noticed is how similar the tub was to jack3d micro and thought that this would be sort of a jack3d micro spin off. Well I was wrong, where I had a fun time with micro, enhanced just didn't work for me. The first time I tried enhanced, I tried one scoop on an empty stomach about 30min before an arm workout. The workout was great. Yes after all the negativity I have been saying this FIRST workout was great. Good pump, good energy, great endurance etc... Well after this workout I was excited to continue my run for the duration of the product. Not this time, while yes I did continue to have good workout's, as a pre workout can only do so much, I just could not stomach this stuff and when I would the sickness I felt throughout the workout was unbearable.

I messed around with the dosing to see if that would do the trick still, no bueno. The first workout where everything went well I had tried 2 scoops, so I followed this dose the next couple of workouts but my stomach was destroyed and even the mental focus was lacking. By the way, I was trying this dosing on a week-by-week basis. Next I tried 1.25-1.5 scoops and still the stomach pains and sickness prevailed. Even at 1 scoop I couldn't handle this. Before I had even started Enhanced I had cycled off stims for 3 weeks, so my stimulant tolerance was not as high. I really wanted this product to work because I like PES and also the great reviews I had seen.

Taste-5

And that is being extremely lenient; this stuff was not the best but not the worst. I had the blue raspberry flavor. The first thing I liked about this is there are no artificial colors included in the ingredients, which is a big plus as I am trying to eliminate all artificial colors, which is tough to do. Ok now the taste, which I really don't like to rate, was terrible. I think the reason is because it is tough to mask all of these ingredients, but PES did a decent job, still taste terrible though, lol.

Effectiveness-3

Damn, what happened? I gave this a low rating not just because it didn't work for me but how sick it made me feel. I don't know if it was the combination of ingredients or just the taste but my stomach was rejecting it. My theory is the Choline in this. I have taken Choline before and it has worked wonders for studying or thinking clearer, but I have also taken too much at one time and got severe stomach cramps and diarrhea.. gross. So that could be why my body was rejecting this.

Value-8

This is the only area that shines in my opinion. You get 40 servings for $30-$40 which for all the ingredients and everything you get it a good deal. If you go up to 2 scoops the value does drop, but for most people (not me) the sweet spot is 1.5 scoops so the value is still pretty good. In conclusion keep it at 1-1.5 scoops and the value is great.

Overall: -4

On paper the ingredient profile looks great. I like the inclusion of Leucine Nitrate, Agmatine and Norcoclaurine to name a few . I wanted this product to work for me and tried many different dosing schemes however all of them failed miserably. Now that doesn't mean you shouldn't give PES Enhanced a shot, as I say if you have not tried this give it a go because there are hundreds of good reviews you can find. Thanks again PES for giving me a chance to log this ,but I wont be trying it again.

Moose Out

July 5, 2013

• Easy To Mix
  • Great Focus
  • May Not Be The Best Choice For A Stim Junkie
First off, I want to give a big thanks to BPjohn and PES for giving me the opportunity to log Enhanced. It had been on my to-try list for some time, and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed using this. Even though I received this for free to log, please know that the below review is my honest opinion about this product.

Ingredient Profile: 8.5/10

==================================================

It is a proprietary blend for the most part, but they at least disclose the amount of caffeine and agmatine, which I'm happy about. I wish companies would have full disclosure of all their ingredients, but I do appreciate it when they at least have partial disclosure, especially with caffeine and/or other stimulants.

It is a solid profile, though, and I like the inclusion of Leucine Nitrate in particular. Also of note, I sometimes respond negatively (eg., chills, excessive sweating, clammy skin, just feeling bad in general) to yohimbe extracts, but the nPYE used in this blend never once gave me any problems.

Here is the profile, but please see WarMachine's and Meuth's review for some great detailed information on each ingredient.

1 Scoop = 3.7 grams
Max dosage = 2 scoops

Ingredient Profile per scoop:

Enhanced HPWâ„¢ Proprietary Blend: 1,300 mg
Superior Pump System:
L-Leucine Nitrate, Cytidine 5'-diphosphocholine, Pomegranate Fruit Extract

Motivation Stimulant System:
Choline Bitartrate, Pausinystalia Johimbe Bark Extract (nPYEâ„¢), Norcoclaurine HCl, N-[2-hydroxy-2(4-methoxyphenyl) ethyl]-3-phenyl-2-propenamide, Swertia Chirayita (whole plant) Extract (standardized for Xanthones)

Agmatine Sulfate 500 mg
Calcium Carbonate 375 mg
Caffeine Anhydrous 125 mg
Vitamin C 50 mg

The amounts from the prop blend plus the other actives they listed totals 2350mg, which leaves 1350mg left for what I assume to be flavoring and/or fillers.

How I used this:

==================================================

After assessing my tolerance with one scoop, I began using 2 scoops on an empty stomach 20 minutes before working out. Towards the end of the tub, I was using 1 1/2 scoops pre workout due to the product seeming to have become more effective for me. I also used this periodically as an energy drink during the day at work.

Other supplements I used while taking this include Pump X3 occasionally, as well as the usual staples of a multi, protein, Super Cissus, creatine monohydrate, fish oil, etc.

Mixability: 10/10

==================================================

The scoop is very small, so mixability was never an issue. Two scoops mixed easily in ~8oz of water with little to no settling. Since the scoop is so small, I would often just dump the powder straight into my mouth and chase it with water.

Taste: 5/10

==================================================

I had the fruit punch flavor, and the taste was pretty terrible to be honest. It isn't the worst tasting supplement I've tried, but it certainly isn't the best. I feel like it is most likely due to the agmatine; it has that chemical/medicinal taste of pure agmatine, and it seems like they tried to mask it with sweetener. This makes me think that the bulk of the 1350mg of non-actives per scoop are in fact used for flavoring.

Effectiveness: 9.5/10

==================================================

In short, I really liked this product, and feel it is one of the best all-around preworkouts I've tried. What impressed me the most about Enhanced is that it seemed become more effective for me as I used it. I began with 2 scoops at first, but I was using 1 1/2 scoops by the end of the tub and was getting better effects across the board in all categories. I'll break this down into energy, endurance, focus, and pump for details.

Energy: 9/10

--------------------------------------------------

Enhanced delivers smooth, jitter-free energy that comes on gradually, peaks for an hour or so, and then very gradually declines returning me to baseline energy levels with no discernible crash. I had been using Neurocore and Speed X3 before I started Enhanced, so I was a little disappointed by the relatively low-stim feel of it at first. However, after using Enhanced for a week or so, I began to really enjoy the gradual onset and long-lasting energy that it provided. My workouts typically last about an hour, and I always felt strong and energized throughout my routine and usually for 1 1/2 hours or so afterwards.

Endurance: 9/10

--------------------------------------------------

The long-lasting nature of the energy this provided made it really shine in the endurance department. As I said, I always felt strong and energized throughout my workouts and then some. I also often found myself ready to go for another set before I would expect it.

Focus: 9.5/10

--------------------------------------------------

This is where this product really shined for me. The focus I got with this is probably the best I've ever gotten from a non-DMAA supplement. It was really useful in helping me tune out what would otherwise be distractions during my training sessions (eg., bad music, people wanting to talk, kids running around, etc..). I feel like I was more productive at work and was more likely to stay on task when I used it during the day, and I also feel like it helped me really focus on what I was going to say when I took a scoop before a job interview.

Pump: 7.5/10

--------------------------------------------------

I didn't notice anything other than some increased vascularity at first with this, but the pumps got better over time. I still have never gotten a huge pump from Enhanced, but I've gotten some decent ones, especially on arms day.

==================================================

A 40-scoop tub of this can typically be found online anywhere between $25-$30, and sometimes you can get it on sale for as little $20. The value for this will vary, of course, depending on how much you need to take, but I feel that this product is competitively priced. For reference, it comes out to around $0.83 per scoop for someone paying $25 for a tub and taking 1 1/2 scoops at a time like me. I feel this is a great value for a good, reliable preworkout.

==================================================

I really enjoyed using this product, and will definitely be buying this in the future. The smooth, lasting energy and incredible focus have really sold me on this, and the only things that could be improved upon in my opinion are the flavor and pump aspect. Neither of those are deal breakers to me, though, and I feel that Enhanced absolutely deserves straight 9's for this one.

Thanks again to BPjohn and PES for letting me try this!

July 2, 2013

• Easy To Mix
  • Mediocre Pump
Before I begin, I would like to extend a specail thanks to BPjohn123 and PES for allowing me to log enhanced and providing with a tub.

As many may already know, PES Enhanced is a concentrated pre-workout formula designed to give you clean conistent energy and enhanced pumps, focus, and mentality. From my experience, I can attest to the energy, focus, and mental drive, but the pump however was lacking. I noticed this mainly when I used enhanced alone, without the added testagen XR which has its own pump complex. When the two were combined, the pump was phenomenal, but alone, enhanced did not provide me with as good a pump.

Taste (5): I got the blue razz flavor and it was not very pleasant. The initial taste experience was a bit nauseating mainly because the nature of the flavor I found to be somewhat overly artificial tasting. There was also an occasional bad aftertaste which would stick with me for a few minutes into my workout. Clearly this isn't very convenient when trying to focus on the workout itself. When mixed with the testagen XR orange creamscicle, it actually tasted A LOT better. I guess the flavors complimented each other. In short, the taste is something to be improved, but then again it is the efficacy of the product that counts most critically.

As a side not, the mixability was fine. I did not get clumps other than a few particles settling to the bottom of the cup once prepared.

Ingredients (9):

Aside of the already well known agamtaine sulfate and caffeine anhydrous, enhanced has a few unique ingredients designed to help specifically increase energy through neurotransmission of cholinergic receptors creating the "mind-muscle" connection to a whole new level.

Choline bitartrate: Choline in general is essential to the production of the neurotranmitter acetylcholine which plays several critical roles in muscular activation and function. Choline bitartrate is a form of choline bonded with a salt creating enhanced solubility and ionic actions within the neuroumuscular junction.

L-Leucine Nitrate: Leucine in general is an essential BCAA that aids extensively in protein synthesis and recovery. When bonded with Nitrate it is said to aid in creating a pump by stimulating further nitric oxide synthesis.

Cytidine 5'-diphosphocholine: This compound is a blood circulation support agent designed to increase and support blood flow to the brain. This results in enhanced vision, focus, and mentality.

Norcoclaurine HCl: A beta-2-adrenergic agonist that aids in increasing the messenger cAMP. Increase in cAMP will result in increased muscular function and bodily metabolism fro energy.

Swertai Chirayita: A medicinal herb which is said to aid in detoxification. However, it is also suggested that extracts from this plant work in synergy with stimulants, resulting in more energy production.

Overall, a solid ingredient profile with the exception of the prop. blend of the more unique ingredients.

Effective (8): WHAT? NO "10" THIS TIME WAR?! LOLOL Unfortunately enhanced doesn't get any "10" candy from me. Nonetheless I think a score of "8" is sufficient for this product.

As I mentioned earlier, two scoops of enhanced gave me excellent clean, continuous energy throughout all my workouts. My overall focus and mental drive were also heightened and there were no jitters or crashes during or following my workouts.

The reason however for the downgrade to "8" though is the disappointment from the products lack of pump induction. I would've thought that with 1000 mg of agmatine sulfate and an addition of Leucine-Nitrate with two scoops the pump would have been at least slightly above average. Sadly this was not the case. Alone, enhanced gave me a mediocre pump at best. It was only with the addition of testagen XR did the pump really begin to take effect. Perhaps, I had developed some kind of tolerance? I'll never know, but pump was this product's most noticeable weak point.

Value (8): Enhanced is quite affordable compared to other pre-workouts on today's market. I have seen it go for as low as 25 dollars, but as high as 40 dollars. Clearly, you'll want to do some shopping around with such a high price variance. For the results I got (not counting the lack of pump), I'd say this is a very good price.

Overall (8): I will give enhanced an overall "8" out of ten. Great clean, long lasting energy, excellent focus, and sharper mental drive are definitely this product's strong points. Pump on the other hand, is not so much. If you are looking for a good pre-workout formulation for both energy and pump, you can use enhanced but combine it with a scoop of testagen XR for enhanced pump effect.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

May 15, 2013

• Upset Stomach
What's up SR.com today we are going to review PES enhance. This is an ultra concentrated PWO in an ultra small tub. Thanks to the wonderful people from PES they tossed a few tubs to SR to try. I seem to be a pre-work out temptress and never say no to a logging op for them. This one was a little different then other PWO I have used and with the DMAA crack down companies try to find new ways to increase mental focus and endurance.

-------

Taste 6/10

--------------
Ugh!!!! Taste is one category that does not affect the overall review, but has to be noted. The flavor sent to me was the fruit punch and typically you can't mess up fruit punch, but this was not very good at all. It wasn't sweet at all but extremely bitter and I'm not a fan of bitter I personally like medical/metallic taste in a pre. PES also has a blue raz flavor not sure how that one taste but I would imagine better then fruit punch.

------

Effectiveness 8/10

----------

This is where taste gets thrown out the window. No matter how bad a pre taste it's only 6-8oz drink it! PES enhance works, this product when dosed at 1.5-2 scoops was simply amazing focus, endurance, pumps and energy is there anything else you want from a pre? 20min pre work out slam this back and your ready to go. The one thing I noticed from this product was the lack of beta tingles which struck me as kind of odd since it seemed to contain a fair amount from what the label said. The one pre-conceived notion people have when they consume a pre-workout is a cracked out stim feeling, well this does not provide that at all just clean consistent energy that lasted my whole work out. This product also helps me with a solid amount of focus which I love when hitting the iron. It reminded me of the focus I had on speed X3 from Lecheek with a less stimulant jitter. Overall PES did a great job on enhances performance nothing over the top but nothing lacking either well rounded.

------------

Profile 8/10

----------

Since pre-workouts are doing away with the" who has more caffeine" or DMAA this product keeps it relatively simple in its approach. There are quiet a few new compounds in this that are making up for the missing DMAA here is a look at the profile
Enhanced HPW Proprietary Blend 1300mg
Agmatine Sulfate 500mg
Calcium Carbonate 375mg 30
Caffeine Anhydrous 125mg
Vitamin C 50mg 84

Another nice thing about this product is that it is pretty damn fully disclosed which is a big plus for me and will always get a better score then a company that uses a mystery blends.

------------

Value 8/10

--------------

Another win for PES here I have seen it as low as 25 and as high as 30.00 bucks a tub. this product provides good pumps, solid focus and no crash or jitters energy. I received a total of 25 workouts from this so a little over a dollar per serving is a good value.

Overall this is a great new product that delivers a solid workout every time. Taste is pretty bad but for what the product does shut up and slam it back. The profile is above average but could have a little more caffeine. You can't complain about the value since it is right inline with all products of is caliber. If you haven't tried this I think you should give it a shot you may like it enough to buy it again. This product receives a full seal of approval and I will use this product again!

-k-