(Better than 68% in Weight Loss > Thermogenics)

Alphamine is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by PES. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Overall
Overall
(SR paid for product; PES did not participate)

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Good

I have used different thermogenics before. Everything from the original alphamine to ephedrine (legal here in Canada). At the time of using this version of alphamine, I was just starting a transition to a cut and was really not happy about the lower calorie intake. I was hoping that, like its predecessor, this would give me that edge in the hunger and heat department.

Most of the ingredients are wrapped up in a 1590mg blend appropriately called Alphamine Proprietary Blend.
    -L-Leucine: Helps preserve lean tissue while in a calorie deficit.

-L-Carnitine-L-Tartate: It is said that it mobilizes fat stores to the mitochondria, which is necessary for fat burning.

-Choline Bitartate: It is used to increase neural concentration, helping with focus during training. It provides the nervous system with more acetylcholine, giving you that mind-muscle connection and stronger contractions. It enhances cognitive function, boosts memory and mental focus.

-L-Theanine: It is known to improve the quality of one's sleep. It works to quiet the mind and slow down racing thoughts. It reduces edgy or glittery effects from caffeine.

-Ferula Asafoetida(seed) Extract (95% Ferulic Acid):
    Ferulic acid is said to lower visceral body fat through modulation of enzymes and hormones. It also has antioxidant properties.

The final ingredient, which is on its own(something well appreciated) is caffeine anhydrous at 125mg.
    -Pure powdered form of caffeine. Linked to many benefits like increased fat loss, muscle endurance, muscle strength and power and faster recovery.

Taste: Thr flavour I received was Cotton Candy. It was pretty good. If mixed with little water, the flavour was decently apparent. I did find that if mixed on the higher end of the suggestion(8oz), the flavour was pretty weak, even at two scoops. I generally ended up using around 5oz for 2 scoops. Other than that, I did not notice any chemical or spicy taste like I have in the past with other similar products.

Mixability: At 2 scoops for 5oz of water I found that shaking between drinks was necessary to avoid leftovers at the bottom of the cup. At 8oz there was no problems, but then the taste became diluted.

Dosing: This is the fun part about Alphamine. The directions say to start with 1 scoop, but to take no more that 3 scoops throughout the day. This make Alphamine a pretty flexible and customizable thermogenic. I found that for me 2 scoops was the sweet spot. It provided enough energy to keep my going, while showing its thermogenic properties. Anything less than 2 scoops did not do much for me. Seeing as there are 84 servings in a container, that would provide 42 days at two servings. I am pretty happy with that.

PEScience promotes Alphamine as an Energy Powder. It claims to provide thermogenic properties, energy and elevated mood. I will touch on each of these aspects separately.

Thermogenics: I found that this category was probably the most effective for me. At the two scoop mark(which is where I stayed most of the time) I found that I sweat quite a bit. I do not normally sweat throughout the day, regardless of the amount of caffeine that I comsume, so I found the pretty interesting. Even if taking in the morning, I would find myself sweating continuously throughout the day. It was not someone very apparent, like having wipe my brow or anything like that. I did however need to plan the type of shirt I would wear in order to avoid the embarrassing pit stains. So as far as a thermogenic, I'd say it did its work. I will also note that I did try 3 scoops a few times so that I could comment on it. I found the effects to be the same at 3 scoops. I did not notice any more, or less effect in this area at 3 scoops.

Energy: The energy comes straights from caffeine, at 125mg per scoop. At one scoop, I don't think that I would notice very much. For me, that is too low for even a slight pick-me-up. At two scoops, and 250mg, I could start to feel it. This is right around a perfect dose for me, late in the day when energy starts to leave my body. It is like the equivalent of a strong cup (or 2) or coffee for me. It was enough to get me back into a state of normalcy when I would usually be hitting a wall. I tend to get pretty sleepy by 2-3pm. This helped keep me from that feeling as one would expect. At three scoops, 375mg is quite a lot. For me, it is enough to get me feeling jittery, especially if I am not moving very much. I wouldn't continue to take this at three scoops as the positive effects were not any more heightened than at 2 scoops.

Mood: This is the part that I remember well from the original alphamine. I remember feeling very happy, almost euphoric. I did not get that with this one. I also did not get much hunger suppressing feeling, which could account for the mood. I know that it is not claimed in the tub but I bring it up because I remember having that feeling with the original. Hanging said that, not being sleepy, and being more alert could in fact lead to better mood.

Overall, I would say that it was effective, especially with the right dose, and that is the beauty of this product. It was not the most powerful thermogenic or the most energizing, but the fact that it could be customized, I'd say that the effectiveness would be around 8/10 for me.

At the time of writing this review, i found it for as low as $29.98 at Amazon. Being an 84 serving product, it rate it at a pretty high value in comparison with others. 9/10

Side Effects

Other than the expected jitters at higher dosages from the caffeine, I did not experience any side effects.

Conclusion

I believe that although I found it less potent than the original, Alphamine still hit the spot for me. It is not overly complex, but contained the ingredients necessary to meet its claimes to a certain degree. I was definitely not disappointed with this.
    • Cotton Candy: 7/10

• Clipper83
      April 1, 2018

This product looks like absolute trash lol

• dmf8625
      April 1, 2018

Didn't an earlier version of this have Alpha-Y in it? Seems odd a company with science in their name uses prop blends.

• smashley23
      April 1, 2018

It did. The OG Alphamine was a fat burner and the new one is an energy drink replacement. IMO, they should have came up with a new name as this is a new product.

• gervs11
      April 1, 2018

Agreed. Definitely not as effective as the original. I still enjoyed the customizable energy. Something different from strong coffee.

• dmf8625
      April 1, 2018

@smashley23 Yeah, I remember having sample packs of this product and it hit hard. Sad product transition.

Advertisement: