SST Pills Reviews

By: PERFORMIX

FORUM TOPICS
SST Pills is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by PERFORMIX. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Overall
Overall
6.7
5.5
  February 25, 2017

• Increased Thermogenesis

When I first took SST, I was working at GNC at the time, so I got it for free, and therefore didn't have to worry about the price. SST is probably my most used thermogenic, as I've probably gone through 5-6 bottles in the time since I first tried it. (I've gone through a few bottles of Super HDX,Super HD, Lipodrene, PX, B4, Lipo 6 Black, and a billion or so samples of other ones, so I'll be comparing SST to the ones I've had full bottle samples of.)

When looking at the ingredient label for the first time, I'll admit I was skeptical about it. It was a proprietary blend that seemed dangerously underdosed in ingredients like CLA, ashwagandha, and huperzine A. Plus, I had already run through bottles/samples of other fat burners that had much higher dosages of caffeine, like Super HDX, PX, and the original Roxylean, so I was unsure that the 200mg in SST was gonna cut it for me.

SST also is the only thermogenic/supplement in general that i've seen employ the 'terrabead' technology, where rather than have a capsule filled with loose powder, they chose to have the ingredients in small balls suspended in liquid CLA within the capsule. It is supposed to promote a more time-released absorption of ingredients, while also ensuring that some of the ingredients hit you right away (since it's assumed that some of the ingredients have dissolved in the suspended liquid within the pill). I kind of felt that it was a cross between the regular powder-filled capsules and liquidcaps in that you do definitely feel the ingredients kick in quickly (~10 mins after taking the pill), but ultimately I didn't feel like the effects were longer lasting than the traditional capsule. (The effects last for about 4 or 5 hours, which I feel is the norm for a lot of thermos)

Supposedly since the pills are essentially time-released, the idea is that unlike other products, you only need to take SST in the morning on an empty stomach. This simply isn't the case, I felt that I definitely needed to take it twice a day, like a lot of the other thermos I've tried, since the effects started to wane around midday. Instead of taking two caps in the morning, after awhile I opted to take a single cap upon waking and another around 5-6 hours later. Using this method, I was able to feel the effects pretty consistently throughout the day.

When I began taking SST, it was in conjunction with limiting my caloric intake, and following the IIFYM diet. Also, I was training around 5 days a week, focusing mostly on compound lifts and adding strength. I did very little cardio, aside from taking my dog for a walk about every day. I did feel an initial lack of energy on IIFYM, but once I began taking SST regularly, that wasn't much of a problem.
Energy:
I was very surprised initially by the amount of energy SST provides. It definitely is enough to get you going for the day and will keep you focused. The energy sets in quick, only about 10-20 mins were needed to feel the effects, and it's peak hits right around 2 hours. When I took one capsule in the morning, I felt that it was a very smooth energy, no real jitters felt. However, when I took two capsules, I definitely would feel on edge, akin to the kind of feeling I'm looking for in a preworkout, so not exactly something too appealing for taking when going to work or school.
Thermogenisis:
This is an above average product in this regard. I definitely could feel 'warmer' when taking two caps, though its much more subtle when taking one. You will definitely sweat more than normal, though I thought other products did so more effectively (Super HDX and Animal Cuts would make me sweat buckets always).
Appetite Suppression:
Nothing really obvious was felt in this regard. I often felt hungrier when taking SST, but that might just be me. However, I don't think they really tout it's appetite suppression effects on the label, so maybe they just weren't going for a product that will suppress your appetite. If you want a thermo that does this, look elsewhere, SST will not suppress your appetite.
Weight Loss:
This is where SST caught me off guard. When I got my first bottle, I took it religiously for the entire life of the bottle, and never took more than two caps/day. I weighed ~195 lbs and was about 22-25% bf, following a month of SST, I weighed ~180 lbs and was probably 19-20% bf. (That was over a year ago, I currently weigh ~160 lbs and 13-16% bf). I wasn't expecting much, since I wasn't doing any substantial cardio, but the effects were definitely there. My new diet likely confounded this, since I ate like garbage before IIFYM, and ate much cleaner after starting it, but I don't think the whole 15 lbs was due to SST alone.

I know it's expensive. It usually sits between $50 and $60 at GNC and is pretty similar at BB.com. I got it for free, as mentioned above, so price wasn't a problem for me. But since I no longer work for GNC and therefore can't get it for free, I simply haven't felt justified in spending $60 for it.

Side Effects

None to speak of, aside from the occasional jitters that I'd feel if I took two caps at once. (I attribute this to the yohimbine, since I rarely take anything with yohimbine.)

Conclusion

All in all, this is a very DECENT fat burner. It's better than a lot of the garbage products on the market (Hydroxycut, etc) but at $60 it definitely is only worth it if you've got the money to blow. There are definitely better products at better price points. (Lipodrene, PX, etc)

Overall
Overall
2.0
3.0
1.0
Thanks to PERFORMIX for sending it out!
  June 3, 2015

• No Weight Loss
  • No Focus
  • No Bang For The Buck
  • No Appetite Suppression
Thank you to Performix for participating in the ER program here. I received a bottle of SST caps to run and write an unbiased review on. Without further ado:

Packaging: Wow! The box it came in was very high quality! Open the box and there is the glass bottle that is also of high quality. You read right, glass bottle. How often do you see those anymore?

Open it up and there are the caps. Cool little blue beads suspended in a clear liquid/gel. It looked like one of those little handheld water games us 80 kids had before there were portable electronics. Pretty interesting to watch for a couple of minutes.

Suggest use: This one is tricky. The directions are 2 caps on an empty stomach when you get up. As I will discuss later, that didn’t work for me so I had to play around with different protocols. If this works for you, then it’s easy, if it doesn’t…..by process of elimination, it isn’t easy.

Profile 6/10

I struggle with this one. If you want a good list of what’s in this, please read Seaver’s review. He has everything there and it’s a lot. No need for me to go through all of that again. I’ll just hit a couple highlights.

This label is more than confusing. The Suspension Super Thermo Complex is 1,172mg of which 200mg of that is caffeine. Thank you for putting the caffeine content on the label. So we are now down to 972mg for the rest of the blend. The rest of the blend is listed as what looks like one big run on sentence. There is so much stuff in here that I question if there are effective amounts of anything. It is a blend of what I counted as 7 different ingredients, so the world may never know. Here are a few of the ingredients:

ADVANTRA Z CITRUS AURANTIUM / SYNEPHRINE: Bitter orange, this has been around and pretty popular for a while even before the last two things that actually worked were banned. It has been shown to increase metabolic rate by 65kcal in a rested state over 75 minutes.

YOHIMBINE: Pretty standard ingredient that has been shown to help increase metabolism and help burn fat (maybe reduce appetite also). Some people can’t handle the anxiety this can sometimes cause. Others get an upset stomach. If you aren’t sure if you can handle yohimbine, start with half the serving for sure.

SENSORIL & CHOLINE: Cognitive function improvement and athletic performance and less fatigue. Sensoril has been shown to help with cognitive function and stress reduction. Choline isn’t so cut and dry. It is believed to help with the cognitive functions, athletic performance, and less fatigue. There is very little evidence to prove this.

Ok, nothing really stood out to me as something that I hadn’t seen before. The profile was a little overwhelming the way it is listed but then underwhelming when you take the time to break it down. I couldn’t go much above slightly above average here.

Effectiveness 3/10

I couldn’t have got this at a better time. I needed to cut for a powerlifting meet and was about 5# overweight. This could be my key to getting down where I needed to be without sacrificing too many good calories to do so. I started out the first week with the recommend serving of 2 upon waking up. I would eat about 30 minutes or so later. At this serving, I felt a little energy for a couple hours but that was about it. I didn’t really change my diet much besides cutting about 500 cals a day. End of the first week, I was down 1 pound.

2nd week, I tried to split up the serving and take one when I woke up and one before lunch. I stopped feeling the energy this way and the weight loss was still at 1# for the week.

3rd week, I used the protocol that many thermos use; 2 when you wake up and then 1 before lunch. I felt the morning energy again but once again, that was about it. I got worried about my lack of progress mid-week so I dropped another 500 cals from my diet. End of this week, I was down 2 more lbs.

4th week I only had a couple days but I decided to drop another 500 cals to be sure I could hit that 275 class. End of 4th week, I finally dropped 4#. I only had these caps for the first 2 or 3 days however.

Appetite suppression was non-existent. At no time while taking these did I feel less hungry.

Mood enhancement was minimal. There were a couple times where I noticed that I might be feeling a little happier than normal but I can’t say that for sure. No bonus points here.

They claim they have the 4 phase Terra releasing phases of: Introduction, Chill, Sustain/Block, and Transition. I can really say that the only one of these I can say I noticed was Introduction. I did feel the small increase in energy for a couple hours after taking these but that was it.

Value 1/10

At about $60 a bottle for something that did nothing for me but a small boost of energy, it’s a poor value. There are some deals from time to time where you can get a BOGO 50% but then it would be $90 for two bottles of something that did very little for me.

Overall 2/10

This did not work for me. I didn’t really lose any significant weight while on this product. I would expect to lose at least 1# a week when I cut back 500 cals without any type of supplement. I cut back another 500 cals and added 50% more product and cut the same I would expect without the supplement again. There is no value in that for me.

I wish this would have worked for me. I miss the good old days of ECA and DMAA. I have no reason to bash this product and I’m not. I hope that the reviews that are positive and have amazing results are all real but this was my experience.

The packaging is excellent and I have a cool bottle to store other things in now. That’s what I really got out of this. I cannot recommend you try this product unless you have a lot of disposable income or find some amazing sell on it. Maybe you’ll have a friend who buys it and doesn’t like it and just wants to get $20 back out of what they have remaining. It’s not like you can fake the blue bead suspension inside the caps so you know you’re getting legit product.

Overall
Thanks to PERFORMIX for sending it out!
  May 11, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helped Curb Snacks
  • Effects Fade
Time for another Mhseaver670 review. I would like to thank the people at Performix for letting some of the guys here on Sr.com try some of the new products they had. I tried the Ion Preworkout sample and it blew me away so I had I high hope of this gem too.

Profile
Niacin (as Nicotinic Acid) 10 mg 50%
Vitamin B-12 (as Methylcobalamin) 1,000 mcg 16,667%
Performix™ Suspension Super Thermo Complex 1,172mg
TERRA Pod Ballistic Beadlet
Caffeine Anhydrous [200mg], Sensoril® Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract (root/leaf), [std. to 8% Withanolides, and 32% Oligosaccharides], Advantra Z® Bitter Orange (Citrus aurantium) extract (fruit), [supplying synephrine, N-Methyltyramine, Hordenine, Tyramine, and Octopamine], Synephrine HCl, Huperzine A (Huperzia serrata) extract (aerial parts), Yohimbine HCl, Mucuna pruriens extract (seeds), [std. to 40% L-DOPA], BioPerine® Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) extract (fruit), [std. to 95% Piperine]
Diffusion Carrier Oil
Medium Chain Triglycerides, Safflower Oil, [std. to 78% Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)]
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients:
Gelatin (Capsule), Sucrose, Starch, Silica, Povidone, FD&C Blue #1
CONTAINS: Soy.

Key ingredients.
ADVANTRA Z CITRUS AURANTIUM / SYNEPHRINE
Synephrine helps to control appetite, improve mood and focus while also increasing core temperature and metabolic rate. Synephrine allows for a thermogenic response without being classified as a stimulant.

YOHIMBINE
Yohimbine helps to not only increase metabolism, but also to enhance the release of fat from the cell. It achieves this by suppression of the alpha-2 receptors… the “flood gates” of the fat cell.

SENSORIL™ & CHOLINE
While Sensoril brand ashwagandha works with choline to support overall mood and brain function, Sensoril also acts to protect the adrenal glands from stimulants and stress. This fights the dreaded weight loss plateaus usually associated with other thermogenic brands.

NIACIN (B3)
Vitamin B3 converts readily into niacinamide. Niacinamide has a calming, soothing effect (similar to Valium) that can help fight anxiety.

CAFFEINE
Central Nervous System (CNS) and metabolic stimulant. Increases alertness, energy and caloric burn.

MUCANA PRURIENS
Mucuna Pruriens helps to increase production of the neurotransmitter dopamine. The increase in dopamine helps to provide a calm, euphoric feeling, can decrease muscle pain and promote favorable hormonal balance for weight loss.

VITAMIN B12
B12 provides natural, cellular energy. The inclusion of our uniquely delivered B12 fights the unpleasant “crashing” sensation that most traditional thermogenics have.

COPIED FROM BB.com

Now I will say this comes in two forms there is a pill form ( which is what I tested ) and a powdered form.
Now the key to this product is what they call the Terra beads, which you can see in the BCAA they have. The science behind it, is that is supposed to delay the release of the key ingredients.
I will paste what is listed on their site.
TERRA 1 : Introduction Phase
Thermogenesis is stimulated, yielding increased heat and ATP production from a rise in Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). Key phytonutrients, Sensoril® and Huperzine A, coupled with caffeine, provide energy and mental focus.

TERRA 2 : Chill Phase
A "chilling effect" occurs, indicative of an increase in body temperature due to peripheral heat transfer. Thermogenesis and BMR are sustained by the slow release of precision nutrients Yohimbine HCI and L-DOPA. Advantra Z® (bitter orange) is also released to stimulate beta-cell lipolysis and the breakdown of fats.

TERRA 3 : Sustain and Block Phase
Terra 3 begins to dissolve anti-adaptive nutrients which are intended to trick the body into maintaining its elevated fat burning BMR.

TERRA 4 : Transition Phase
A large 1,000 mcg dosage of B-12 releases, supporting the body's natural mental and physical energy production.

Dosing A
It was pills, Really cool looking pills I will add, but nothing to be surprised by. I did play with the timing of the dose and seemed it worked best for me was to take this after my first meal and in between my breakfast and lunch at work.

Effectiveness 8
Well this was really strong the first couple doses but not really on the hunger control, but for pure alertness and energy. This was really great the first few days. Then that seemed to dial down. Maybe I got used to or something. So I have learned there is literally nothing that will curb my hunger in the mornings, I simply have to eat something. So I switched to taking this around 9am at work and this was the money for me. It helped curb my snack habits at work. Which is when I really need it. I could have a small protein shake or BCAA and be good up to around 1 for lunch. Now toward the end I noticed this seemed to fade a bit, but I was getting used to not eating so I still did not give in , so maybe it was working some , even though my stomach said otherwise. I did actually lose almost 8 lbs while on this and 90% was around my waist. I wished now I would have really had a handle on a diet and self control for the other meals , I feel this could have really worked well.
Now even with me losing and this working I still have to say this was not as consistent as others . If it was more consistent I feel this would be top notch. I was loving the energy and focus at first and would have loved that to have stuck the entire run. I also never got the "Chill effect" either.

Value 6
This is where it hurts for me. This runs at almost 62 bucks no matter where you order it, Unless you have amazon prime and can save on the shipping.
But even at 60 bucks flat that is still 2$ bucks a serving. If you add in the other supplements you run on a given day this can get high. Like I say though I did have some results but this is still high in my book. The simple approach to loosing weight is chill out on the food and burn more calories than put in.

Overall B-
Overall I was glad to have tried this and would not mind giving the powder form a go if the price comes down some.
Overall this brand makes some awesome stuff. I am loving the BCAA and the samples of the Ion are boss.
Thanks again to Performix and their team.!