Iridium ISOi 9:2:2 Reviews

By: PERFORMIX

FORUM TOPICS

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Iridium ISOi 9:2:2 is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by PERFORMIX. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Average Hydration
  • Highly Effective
  • Unique Delivery Technology
  • Limited Availability

A BCAA product with unique delivery technologies included. At just 5g BCAAs a day this product was very effective in nearly eliminating DOMS altogether. At the current price of $23.99 for 30 servings this is a great deal and worth a try.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I received ISOi 9:2:2 as a bounty reward in the old school version of the program. So thank you to Clipper and Tommy for the opportunity to give this a shot and the patience as this took me longer than I originally thought to finish through. I finished half the tub pre-surgery and the last half post-surgery, so will explain accordingly in effectiveness. Normally I see brands like Performix and become a bit of a supplement snob and think its cheap and ineffective without really giving it a chance, so this was my first performix supplement. Lets see how it stacks up.

Right off the bat we have a prop blend in a prop blend which is in another prop blend. The madness of multiple prop blends, so lets explain each one. Overall you have the Performix ISO AminoComplex (12,802mg) which consists of the Performix Patent Pending Branched Chain Delivery Platform ISOi 9:2:2 BCAA (5,000mg) and the ISOi 9:2:2 Advanced Performance Complex (7,802mg).

The BCAA blend (5,000mg) "provides free form BCAA and exclusive Performix Terra Intelligent dosing beadlets." This technology is unique to Performix products and is designed to provide multi-phased extended release of ingredients. The ingredients that are part of this technology are your BCAAs, Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine. Basically the beads here are multi-coated consisting of dispersion coating and hydrophilic coating. The dispersion coating is designed for extended release while the hydrophilic coating provides delayed release. I have provided a photo of the breakdown below. Overall its pretty interesting and unique for sure and you know you are getting 5g per scoop of BCAAs.

The Performance Complex blend (7,802mg) consists of five further blends in which each is not specified how much exactly is included. Lets break these down since this is the first review and ensure these all make sense:

Recover and sustain system: Includes Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1, Betaine Anhydrous, and Glutamine. Citrulline is there to boost NO levels, Betaine is good for overall liver and cardio health, while glutamine is there for the recovery. I will assume most of these are under-dosed based off the sheer number of ingredients included in this blend, but this does not hurt to have.

Hydration Electrolyte System: Consists of Taurine, Di-Sodium Phosphate, Coconut Water Powder, Di-Potassium Phosphate. These are your basic hydration components. I personally love th inclusion of coconut water in BCAAs that I use intra-workout, so nice addition here.

Cognitive Priming System: Includes KSM-66 Ashwagandha (std. 5% Withanolides), Cognizin Citicoline, Alpha-GPC, and Huperzine A. So some pretty heavy hitters in the world of non-stim cognitive enhancers. An interesting addition, but unncessary in my eyes for this product, which we will discuss below. I would not go as far and say these may be filler ingredients, but I do not think the dosages can be high enough to truly be effective, at least they were not for me.

Advanced Peptide Delivery System: This gives you Pepform Leucine, Pepform Valine, Pepform Isoleucine, Pepform Citrulline, and Pepform Glutamine. The pepform system works in conjunction with the Terra beadlets to aid in delivery of the key ingredients into the body. This is a pretty unique thing and I like that they double tapped the real key ingredients here.

Amino Absorption Enhancer: One ingredient here, Astragin. I love to have Astragin included now as for me it works great to help the ingredients absorb into the body.

So overall this is a pretty robust profile for a BCAA product and one that provides unique technology in the Terra Beadlet and Pepform system. The patented ingredients and sources are KSM-66 (Ixoreal Biomed Private Limited), Cognizin (Kyowa Hakko Bio Co, Ltd.), AstraGin (NuLiv Science USA Inc), and Pepform (Glanbria PLC). I am finding it more and more important to include the companies the patented forms are from just for my edification. Yes, I hate that this is a huge prop blend, but one thing I am noticing in the BCAA market is that more and more companies are coming up with their unique blends and protecting them lately, so not a huge crisis.

Taste: I got the Sour Apple flavor and overally it was pretty good. It was slightly sweet, but not too bad. When drinking this Intra-workout if I drank to much at a time it would be too sweet but sipping it was fine. Post workout I enjoyed the flavor.

Mixability: This mixes fine, but the beadlets are a bit gritty. They would not quite absorb into the water all the way and I could taste the small beadlets. Not a big deal but kind of throws you off a bit. Very slight residue at the bottom of my shaker cups.

Dosing: I tried this multiple ways (pre,intra, and post workout). I tried this just dosing it on workout days at one scoop, I tried dosing one scoop on workout days and one scoop on rest days, and tried 2 scoops on workout days. We will discuss the various results below.

Well we all buy BCAA products to get rid of the dreaded DOMS and aid us in our recovery. When I saw the profile here I thought this was going to be great intra-workout product. Prior to my surgery for the first half of the tub I would only dose this at one scoop intra-workout. I did not take it on rest days at all. I found the recovery here to work very well, and I recovered better than I do with most BCAA products, I was actually quite impressed. Granted I would still be slightly sore, but not enough to stop me from working out. Post-surgery I started to dose this 1 scoop Intra-workout and 1 scoop on rest days. This was the most effective in my eyes as this completely eliminated and sort of soreness. The best test here was the first workout I did after my surgery. I had taken 6 weeks off the gym, and then went in for a chest day and we all know after that long of a break you are going to be sore. ISOi kicked in big time here and I hardly felt sore at all. I thought maybe I did not work hard enough, and the next week did the same workout without taking this, and there was a definite difference. A couple times I dosed this at 1 scoop pre and 1 scoop post workout, but found that to be unnecessary and almost a waste of the product itself. So yeah, I had a great experience here and it truly changed my outlook on Performix products. Now of course lets talk label claims:

Build, Hydrate, Restore: There definitely is not enough Citrulline or Betaine in here to help you build muscle, but this does keep you hydrated and restores your muscles for the next session. So maybe an indirect way to build. I found the hydration to be okay, not as great as I have had in Intra Blast, but I found myself not having to hit the water fountain at all as long as I was sipping this. As I discussed above the recovery was on par with the best I have had in a BCAA.

Superior Peptide Delivery: I am going to go out on a limb and say that the delivery system in here is pretty great. I really think that made the big difference in my recovery with this product. Typically 5g of BCAAs do not cut it for me, I require around 10g a day, but not here. I was actually surprised how well 5g worked here, so its gotta be due to the delivery system.

Mental & Physical Recovery: So the mental portion I think can be removed here entirely. Non-Stim ingredients do not work well on me to begin with and I did not feel a difference in focusing when I drank this intra-workout or when I did not. Its likely too under-dosed to do much, plus most people are going to get their focus from a PWO these days. We already discussed the physical recovery portion.

So no crazy label claims, and an effective product no matter when you like to take your BCAAs. I found it most effective 1 scoop intra-workout and on rest days, but it was not a significant difference if I took it pre or post workout. Nice product here.

The cheapest I could find this was from the Performix site itself. 30 servings for $23.99 which would cost you around 80 cents a day. Considering how well this worked and the unique delivery system and patented ingredients in here I say this is a great deal! Of note this price only pertains to the Cherry Limeade and Blue Razz Ice flavors for some reason, but whatever!

Side Effects

Conclusion

I did forget to mention that I enjoyed the square tub look of this product. Its the little things that amuse me. Overall, I highly recommend this product and this truly caught me off guard. This has me looking harder into more Performix products because they got it right here. Thanks to SR for this opportunity, and hope this review helps someone out in the future.
  • Sour Apple: 8/10

• dmf8625
    May 27, 2018

I'm surprised about the cost of this product. I have always seen products from this brand at ridiculously high prices. Maybe things are a changin'

• DaSlaya
    May 27, 2018

Yeah just those two flavors were at the cheap price, then it would go up to $59.99 which of course would change everything. I dunno maybe they have a surplus, lol, but at that price this stuff rocks!