Iridium Ioni Reviews

By: PERFORMIX

Iridium Ioni is a Pre-Workout manufactured by PERFORMIX. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

6.7
  May 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Focus
  • Strength
  • Endurance
  • Value Could Be Better

Greetings SR fam. Onder18 back with another review. Another pre workout review actually. You guys can probably tell by now I like pre workouts ha? This time I'm reviewing Perfomix Ion Iridium. I used this as part of my rotation primarily with Bpi Sports Bam a couple months ago.

So those of you that have read my reviews know my basic introduction. 39 year old hardgainer. About 164-165 lbs. I train to slowly gain muscle and stay lean. No bulking or cutting. Lifetime recomp.

Niacin (as Nicotinic Acid) 30 mg 150%

Sustained Muscular Endurance Blend
Carnosyn Beta Alanine, L-Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1, Betaine
Anhydrous, TeaCrine TheaCrine, Advantra Z Bitter Orange
(Citrus aurantium) Extract (fruit) [supplying synephrine,
n-methyltyramine, hordenine, tyramine and octopamine],
BioPerine Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) Extract (fruit)
[std. to 95% Piperine], Rauwolscine (Rauvolfia canescens)
Extract (bark) [std. to 90% Alpha Yohimbine HCl]
Perpetual mTOR Muscular Growth Matrix
PA TERRA-LMP Complex [Mediator Phosphatidic Acid (Glycine
max) [Std. 50% Phosphatidic Acid] and Glycerol Dibehenate
(supplying Glycerol)], L-Leucine, Creatine HCl, KSM-66
Ashwagandha ( Withania somnifera) Extract (root) [Std. 5%
Withanolides], N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, Caffeine (175 mg),
Cognizin Citicoline

So I put up a copy of the ingredient profile. Those numbers are for 1 scoop. As you can see this thing is loaded. The thing is though it's all in a prop blend and alot of the ingredients are underdosed. Honestly I'm not crazy about prop blends but they don't bother me as much as some people. Don't get me wrong I prefer a fully disclosed profile.
So there are alot of things in this pre workout. Let's go over some of them.

Beta alanine, betaine anhydrous, and creatine hcl- three good natural performance enhancing ingredients for strength, power, and endurance. Recommended dosages of each are at least 1500 mgs. for betaine, 1600-3200 mgs for beta alanine, and 1500-3000 mgs for creatine hcl(some people would say more). So being that the whole blend is about five and a half grams there is a pretty good chance that some of these are underdosed.

Citrulline malate- Pump and endurance enhancer. Recommended dosage about 6-8 grams.
Caffeine and theacrine- We all know what caffeine is and the dosage here is 175 mgs. per scoop. Pretty good in my opinion(at least for me). Theacrine is a similar type type substance to caffeine but supposedly is smoother and longer lasting but not nearly as strong. Typically you wanna see at least 100 mgs. Probably around that range in here.

Advantra Z bitter orange extract(Citrus Aurantium) and rauwolscine- Stimulant fat burning ingredients.

Luecine- The primary branched chain amino acid in muscle protein synthesis

KSM 66 Ashwagandha root extract and Mediator Phosphatadic Acid- KSM is a trademarked form of ashwagandha that has been proven effective for many things including performance enhancement, cortisol reduction, anxiety relief, and focus. Mediator is phosphatidic acid which has a couple studies for muscle building. The recommended dosages are at least 300-600 mgs. for KSM and at least 750 mgs. for phosphatidic acid.

N acetyl l tyrosine and Cognizen choline- Two focus enhancing ingredients. N acetyl l tyrosine I'm not sure of the dosages but I've heard 150 mgs. minimum. As for Cognizen they typically recommend between 250-500 mgs.

Bioprine black pepper extract- Ingredient used to help absorb all the other ingredients. Usually dosed at 5-10 mgs.

Terra bead technology- This is Performix' thing. They claim with the terra bead technology you don't need as much dosing because it absorbs faster and extends the release of the ingredients for a better, smoother, and longer lasting release. Or something like that(I worded that myself).

I got the cherry limeade flavor and it was decent. Not great but not bad at all. I seem to get this flavor because it seems to go well with creatine hcl which I usually add to my pre workouts. The mixing was fine. Really no issues with that. The dosing was 1 or 2 scoops. I usually used 2. Sometimes 1 or 1 heaping scoop.

Now the important part. You see I can poo poo on the prop blend all day. But if this works that's what matters to me. And this works well for me. I had a feeling it would because I've used two other Ion versions and I was happy with them both. Let me do what I like to do with my reviews and break down the effectiveness by different sections.
Energy and focus- Definitely the strong point of this pre. At two scoops this had me amped and ready to kill the weights. I wasn't jittery but it was a strong clean energy. I was focused on the task at hand and paid close attention to my form. I was actually pretty darn locked in.
At one scoop I got the same effects but obviously to a lesser degree. I wasn't as amped up and my focus was not as strong but was still there.
Strength and endurance- This was one of the highlights for me. When I used this I felt strong. I took two scoops of this and then killed a heavy workout. I did hit a few Pr's with this pre at two scoops. I always try and set my program up to hit Pr's so if I use a pre for long enough alot of times I'm gonna hit a Pr with it. But with this my lifts were always on point and it made lifting heavy easier for me than alot of pre workouts. This also performed decent for me at one scoop. Just less of everything. The energy on this usually lasted my whole workout. About 1.5 ish hours. The endurance was good in that regard and I had the muscle energy to grind out extra reps so the endurance was good in that regard also.

So right now it looks like you can get 20 servings of this for about 25 dollars and 40 servings for 40ish. So that is where this takes a hit for me. One scoop of this is okay but isn't enough for me and I don't think it would be enough for some people. I got the 20 servings and I actually think I paid a little more at the time(I got this from Gnc which seems to be it's primary sales spot). I used this as part of a rotation so it lasted me but if I used it straight and double scooped it all the time I would have ran out quick. That's the only real negative about this to me is the value. With all that being said I would buy this again because it worked well for me and I enjoyed it.

Side Effects

No real issues here. I didn't crash but honestly I usually don't. Once in a while it would give me a slight upset stomach. I kept this in the fridge to avoid it getting gummy from moisture. That happened to the Ion V2X I had and it pissed me off because I really liked that one too. I wasn't willing to risk it with this one so I kept it in the fridge along with a couple other pre workouts.

Conclusion

Pretty darn good pre workout in my opinion. Not the best value out there but it is effective. So that was the last product I had left to review off of the old Bounty system. I'm all caught up now. I've got a couple other products in progress I will get reviews out for as soon as I finish them up.
As usual thanks for taking the time to read my review and I hope all of you enjoyed it and found it helpful.

November 7, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste
  • Beads Clump On Bottom Of Shaker

I am currently a college athlete on scholarship for Triathlons. I have a background with strength training and a heavy load of cardio training and am currently using supplements in my daily routine.

I am an athlete, not a scientist or nutritionist. Everything here comes from research.

Performix ION Pre-workout Complex (3,714 mg): Consumer doesn't know the exact measurement of each ingredient here since Performix lists it this way.

Carnosyn Beta Alanine: Delays fatigue of muscles during a workout.
Citrulline Malate 2:1: Provides post-workout muscle soreness
Betaine-Anhydrous: Naturally occurring. Many benefits including cellular hydration.
Creatine HCL: A form of creatine to help fuel ATP.
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine- This is an amino acid that helps with recovery
Caffeine (175mg): We all know what this is. Gives you that energy boost and sometimes crash depending on the dosage. This is a relatively normal amount for a pre-workout.

This pre-workout stands out from others because of the beads that are used in the blend. The taste itself, while not bad, wasn't great. It was bland and tasted like watered down Gatorade. The beads tend to gather towards the bottom of the shaker so you're bound to get a mouthful of those too towards the end. Performix recommends a scoop thirty minutes before your workout. This is standard for most pre-workouts.

----Effectiveness---
I have been taking this PWO for about a month before strength training. Workouts usually last about an hour to an hour and a half. In brutal honesty, this pre-workout hasn't done anything special for me that others could. The energy mix is ok at best. The beads claim to offer an extended and delayed energy boost however I felt no extra benefit from them while taking this. Other people seem to like the beads and energy mix but for me, a high cardio and strength athlete I didn't get the boost I was hoping for. That being said I did feel an effect with muscular fatigue when going for higher reps. I feel like the cons of the beads outway the pros and this is one of the reasons this PWO received a lower rating from me.

This pre-workout is on the higher side of the price compared to other supplements on the market and doesn't offer much to compensate for the higher price.

Side Effects

I did not run into any side effects with this product. I normally like a little tingling feeling from a pre-workout but did not get this here.

Conclusion

Overall Performix Iridium Iono Pre-Workout did not give me the results I was looking for with its Terra Beads and high price. While not terrible, nothing stood out so I will not be using this supplement again.