OxyMax Reviews

By: Performax Labs

FORUM TOPICS
OxyMax is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Performax Labs. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

8.9
  September 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mood Enhancing
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Fair Value

Oxymax is a solid thermogenic that provides good energy and great appetite suppression.

To start, I'd like to say I ran this product as directed for one week, then took a quick break before starting a diet program designed by my old friend Petey. I took either 1-2 pills a day, depending on if I felt I needed the energy or not. Diet was on point for duration of this run, the way it should be.

To start, no proprietary blend, can't really say bonus points because I expect it these days. It's a good thing!

One pill gives you the following:

Caffeine: 250mg
    Forskolin: 25mg
    Fucoxanthin: 8mg
    Black pepper extract: 5mg
    Rauwolfia Vomitoria: 2mg

To start, I really like the dose of caffeine. It isn't over the top (300mg+), but enough to give almost all of us a nice boost of energy. Some companies need to learn that more caffeine is not always better.

I'm a big fan of the Paradoxine. There is an actual human study showing it can be effective for increasing energy expenditure. While of course it's no miracle, it's good to know Performax isn't just throwing Dr Oz endorsed ingredients. I end to get sweaty while taking this, while that's not a perfect indicator, it's still worth noting.

R Vomitoria is alpha-yohimbine. Supposedly, this form has less side effects than yohimbine hcl. It's a well known ingredient for fat loss. This may be the one ingredient in here I'd say I'm on the fence on. It's effective, but some may experience side effects from it. I personally did not have any issues while running it however.

The Nelumbo, which is standardized for Higenamine, is a beta-agonist. While it won't be as potent as ephedrine, it's still a going to help. I'm actually a fan of the other ingredients, however I just wanted to note what stands out to me the most. Overall, it's a solid profile.

No taste/mixability as they are pills.

Dosing is one pill in the morning upon waking on an empty stomach. If you can handle it, you can take another pill later in the day, pretty versatile.

Like I usually do with fat burners, I break I down into categories that I look out for.

Appetite Suppression:(9.2/10)

This is by far the most important category for me. A have a ridiculous appetite, so anything that helps keep it at bay is the most beneficial thing I can get out of any fat burner. I had almost no issue with cravings on Petey's diet while on Oxymax. With fats being under 50 grams on workout days, and carbs well under 200 grams, I was actually worried that I would be suffering. On days I took Oxymax, I had no problems with turning down the usual junk food that is offered at work.

Energy:(8.8/10)

While Oxymax did not crack me out, it still gave a great boost of energy. I guess clean energy would be a good way to describe it. Of course, most of this will depend on your stim-tolerance. Mine happens to be very high. Still, even after continuous use, I was able to get a solid energy boost with no crash every time.

Thermo effect:(8.5/10)

This isn't the most important category for me, but I still like to rate it. I noticed a nice thermo effect. Coupled with the hot sun in CA, I would sweat much easier. Even simple 20 minute cardio sessions would leave me sweating a lot more than usual. While not the strongest I've ever felt, it was def. noticeable and enjoyable.

As for results, well, I actually had my first diet coach while running this, my good friend Petey. With his guidance, I was able to drop 8lb in in just a month, which is actually perfect for my current situation. While I give credit to my dieting and cardio, Oxymax gave me a nice edge during the day if I needed to keep my appetite at bay or if I needed an energy boost at night before the gym. It did its part well.

You can get Oxymax for $30, which is a very fair price to me. You could make it last 30-60 days depending on how you use it. It is priced fairly and competitively.

Side Effects

None to speak of, I'd be cautious if you're not used to stimulants.

Conclusion

Oxymax was surprisingly very effective as a fat burner. While fat loss is 100% diet and exercise, an effective thermogenic supplement could make the journey easier. Oxymax is one of those effective products. The energy is great, the appetite suppression is awesome, and the value is fair. I'd recommend trying this out if you want a stim-based fat burner.

April 17, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Mood Enhancing

Thank you to Performax Labs for their continued participation in the SR Troop program. Since as many of you know I am currently on a long term cut to get my health back in order I was eager to try this product. I've had good luck with Performax in the past and I was pretty pleased with Oxymax as well overall.

It is probably worth noting that at some point they went from proprietary blends to full disclosure on this product. I'm not sure what sparked this change and also not sure if the formula changed or just the label. But I do want to point that out first and foremost. Either way I appreciate the fact that I get to see exactly how much of everything is in Oxymax. I've included a picture of the full profile for your reference as well. Without going to deep into everything here are some standouts from the profile.

First off is 250mg of Caffeine. You will find caffeine in almost every diet pill on the market for good reasons. Namely that it is cheap and effective. This I believe is a solid dose but may prove to be a little much for the uninitiated. Unfortunately for anyone who is stim sensitive the serving size is 1 capsule which means if you can't handle 250mg of caffeine, this one isn't going to be for you. I think that most people should be fine at this dose though.

Next interesting ingredient is 150mg of Eria Jarensis Extract. According to the limited research done on this compound, it should encourage dopamine release and help elevate mood. It really came more to prominence when DMAA was banned and a replacement was needed. By most accounts it is a decent replacement but like most things brought to replace a banned substance, it's not quite as good. It is considered to be slightly better than phenylethylamine or PEA due to the fact that it is not so easily cleaved off of your dopamine receptors. Interestingly enough they also include 125mg of PEA in the mix. Not sure why since they seem to have similar properties and effects but it is there.

Another standout to me is the inclusion of 25mg of Nelumbo Nucifera (std. to Higenamine). So preliminary research would suggest this to have properties similar to other Beta 2 Adrenergic Agonists. If this sounds familiar it is because this is the class of drugs in which you find clenbuterol which is probably the most notable of this category. Obviously it is not going to be as potent but with that comes the benefit of not being as potentially harmful. Essentially Beta 2 Andrenergic Agonists suppress the tendency for your body to store fat. At least that is the mechanism which is relevant to dietary supplements and weight loss aides. More commonly they are used to treat symptoms of asthma by way of bronchodilation.

All in all the profile is fully disclosed and for the most part seems to be well thought out in covering the bases that should be covered by a weight loss aide.

Dosing was simple for me. One pill upon waking on an empty stomach and one pill before lunch, also on an empty stomach. It says not to exceed three pills per day and I didn't even bother at any point to try to add a third dose. I know my body well enough to know that stimulants after 3:00-4:00pm usually result in a restless nigh.

So there are a few things that I generally gauge the effectiveness of weight loss supplements with.

Appetite Suppression

The first couple of weeks the appetite suppression was unreal. I literally set alarms on my phone to remind me to eat because I just wouldn't really get hungry. The downside to this is that it seemed as though my appetite would come roaring back like crazy later in the day after the second dose had run its course. It did seem to make not eating too much at night a little more difficult.

Energy

One downside to cutting weight is that energy levels can just flat out suck at times. Energy levels seemed to be pretty good while running Oxymax despite the caloric deficit.

Mood

Another downside to cutting weight is being in a horrible mood or "hangry" to use a familiar term. Oxymax seemed to for whatever reason help here immensely. More than just the obvious of not being as "hangry" it seemed to give me just a general uplifted feeling.

All in all I ran 30 days on Oxymax and ended up being down seven pounds on the scale. Not too shabby considering that I had been cutting since September of 2017.

You can grab a bottle of Oxymax for $33 shipped from Amazon. For a 30 day supply this is pretty standard of most diet pills. Not an extraordinary value by any means but not overpriced either.

Side Effects

No negative sides to speak of for me.

Conclusion

Unfortunately the golden days of being able to get super effective diet pills is over. But Oxymax put in a solid effort with their profile and the value is decent enough for what you get. If you are in the market for a fat burner I would suggest giving this a run.

Overall
      Overall
      6.9
        November 28, 2015

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Mood Enhancing
      • Not Enough Energy
      Whats up guys yet another Bignasty review! I have always struggled with my weight over the years while trying to gain muscle. This is the hardest thing to do IMO. So its easy to say that i have tried a lot of brands. Lets see how this one stacks up.

Ingredient Profile: 8

While i was impressed by the ingredients in this product this was still in a prop blend which i never like.

EuphoraMax: 335mg
      N-phenethyldimethylamine HCL - a product for focus that has little studies but it has been in a few products. (amount not disclosed)
      B-phenylethylamine HCL- An influencer of dopamine this can also help with mood. (amount not disclosed)
      Selaginella Tamariscina- At a 20% Amentoflavone its basically a fat blocker. (amount not disclosed)
      Hordenine HCL- A metabolizer (amount not disclosed)
      95% Forksolin- This impressed me as I have never seen this high of a percentage before but since its listed last in a blend I have no idea of the amount used : (

ThermoMax: 275mg (amounts not disclosed)
      Caffeine- We all know,
      Higenamine- Another stimulant
      Rauswocline extract- Similar to yohimbe.
      Caspicum Annuum- Thermogenisis support

Black pepper extract 5mg- Absorbtion support.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing: 9

At 1 pill 2x a day this is pretty average. Its capsules so there was no taste.

Effectiveness: 6

Ok overall I lost 2lbs while on this. Even though that is not a lot it was still a loss. I really felt no energy here but that could be due to my high tolerance for stimulants. The mood enhancing I never really notice in most products but here I felt a slight difference.

Value: 7

At around 33 bucks on avg this is about average now a days. Which is still a full months supply.

Side Effects: 10

No side effects to be had.

Conclusion: 7

I was a little disappointed here. I did like most things about this product. The Ingredients, serving size, and the idea behind it seem pretty solid but it just didnt add up. To me it felt like too little, maybe upping the doses by a 1/3 to almost double may help as this seemed underwhelming or I could have been a non responder. Now I did lose a couple of pounds here which is good, but at over 30 dollar price tag it may not have been enough.

November 19, 2015

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Mood Enhancing

Hey everyone, time to review Performax Labs OxyMax XT. I'm currently in the middle of a cut trying to lean out and lose some lbs before the holidays. I was excited to give this product a shot when I looked at the profile as I saw some familiar ingredients I've used before and liked, as well as its claims to be a mood enhancing thermogenic. I've been using more nootropics lately in products such as preworkouts that help with mood and focus so I definitely wanted to try with a fat burner. Why? Cutting sucks....I love food...not eating food makes me in a bad mood and the loved ones around me tell me so. So why not try a supplement to help you lose those lbs and not rip people's heads off? Here's the review!

Two big prop blends and bioperine for absorption. Yeah, don't like the prop blends either, but after digging around and seeing some posts from their reps I was able to get a couple values. The first prop blend is a EurphoraMax blend which contains some ingredients that caught my eye as well as some new ones I've never heard of. The star of the show is Eria Jarensis, which is a metabolite of PEA. PEA is supposed to help release dopamine, adrenaline, and other feel good mood enhancing effects. This metabolite is supposed to cross the blood brain barrier better than regular PEA. This prop blend also includes hordenine, amentoflavone, and 95% forskolin. I'm a big fan of the forskolin as that has been in products like AnaBeta Elite which worked great for me and is supposed to help regulate cAMP to aid in fat burning and recomp. I believe this is dosed at 25 mg from the posts I have seen. Amentoflavone is also supposed to help cAMP and reduce stress. This is a 335 mg prop blend so there should be some decent doses of these ingredients in there, just wish I knew exactly. Overall, an impressive direction of ingredients to help the mood and focus part of your cut.

The second prop blend is the ThermoMax blend which contains some usual suspects in caffeine, higenamine, rauwolscine, and capsicum. After looking around I believe each capsule contains 200 mg of caffeine, a decent dose for sure. I like the better absorbed version of yohimbine as well with the rauwolscine. Capsicum, basically pepper, is supposed to get that thermogenic effect in raising body temp to burn more calories. At a 275 mg blend, and if the caffeine is 200 mg, it seems like a good blend maybe a little under done.

Overall, some proven ingredients, some new ingredients for me, I like the profile a lot.

9.5

They are capsules, no taste involved and easy to swallow. Dosing is one capsule first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, another 6-8 hours later, do not exceed 3 caps a day. Well, I'm a stim junkie, so I went 3 pills a day as I have with other strong fat burners I've had in the past. Two in the morning and one mid afternoon right before the gym.

Let's be clear, when I cut I'm always on point. Very low carb, pretty serious calorie deficit, 20-30 min of intense cardio a day. Dropping weight isn't a big problem for me when I'm focused and it was during this run. Of course, going low carb and low calorie it definitely effects your mood and I'm usually very grump when I cut. I can say for a fact, I was in a much better mood while taking this. I didn't get angry, frustrated, snap at people like I usually do when I'm starving haha. Upon taking this maybe 30 min later I would feel the tingle of some energy and just a good overall feeling. Using this before cardio and my gym session I did notice the increased heart rate and it when measured by the treadmill monitor was consistent in the 160 range which is great (although prob not the most accurate). I really didn't get a huge thermo feel from it though as far as sweat, heat, etc. And although my mood was a lot better, I didn't get a lot of appetite suppression which I really enjoy in a fat burner. Overall though, my diet was on point and I lost a lot of weight in areas I needed to (34 pants got pretty loose) and this product aided in that and kept me sane. This product worked great for me.

I am a believer in you pay for what you get and since this worked for me I don't mind paying. You can find this in the $33-35 range and it contains 60 pills. If you're like me and went max dose you're at 3 weeks. That's pretty steep but if you can get by on 2 a day and go a month that's a pretty good deal for a product that has some great ingredients.

Side Effects

Surprisingly, none. Not super stimmed out, no crashing, and didn't feel "depressed" after cycling off.

Conclusion

This is one of my new favorite fat burners. I still love my powder thermogenics as they are just more satiating while I'm cutting, and I do like the appetitive suppression other good products like alpha one, but this is a product I will buy again and keep in my arsenal for cutting phases. And my fianc is thankful..