Vassive-NO Formula X has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Pump

Vassive-NO Formula X Reviews

By: Optimum

Pre-Workout > Pump
Vassive-NO Formula X is a Pump Product manufactured by Optimum. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Vassive-NO Formula X has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Pump

Only 4 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

July 3, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great List Of No Boosting Ingredients
  • Versatile Profile
  • Not Effective Compared To Similar Products
I wish I could say that all Optimum products I have tried were equally effective. Unfortunately Vassive N.O. Formula-X is not one of them. Previously I had been taking MRI's NO2 Black and I LOVED it, but for some reason or another the price for that has skyrocketed and since I use a number of other Optimum supplements I figured that this would be a safe bet for a cheap, yet effective substitute. In all honesty, however, it really isn't. I ran this with Opti-Men, BCAA 1000's, Superior Amino, all by ON, L-Glutamine, Omega-3's, and Milk Thistle. I generally weight train between 3 and 5 days a week depending on my work schedule/ ect.

Starting with the profile:
Arginine (as AKG, L-Arginine) 3,000 mg
Formula-X Blend 1,250 mg
L-Citrulline Malate, Quercetin Dihydrate, American Ginseng Extract, L-Histidine, Rhodiola Extract, L-Norvaline, Cnidium Monnier, Pomegranite Concentrate Powder, Cocoa Extract.
Sustained-Release Delivery System 850mg
Calcium Carbonate, METHOCEL hypromeliose polymers, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Croscarmellose Sodium, Silica

Like I said, I started taking this product because of the major price jump for NO2 Black so I looked first to the company I get many of my other supps from, Optimum Nutrition. The ingredient profile itself as a stand-alone looks good with the basic 3000mg AKG, and the L-Citrulline Malate which are some of the best pump ingredients you can put in this type of product. I took this product "as directed" 3 tabs 3x daily for my bodyweight so basically for a 180 count bottle this lasted me roughly 3 weeks. There was MAYBE 2 times during that 3 weeks that I felt like I was starting to get a pump even resembling the one I got while on NO2 Black and it was weak and might have been wishful thinking on my part.

Taste/Texture (3/10)
Out of all the supps I take a day, this is the one that smells bad, tastes bad, and gives me the taste back when I burp. Im not the kind of guy that has a hard time swallowing pills, can just put a whole handful in my mouth and wash them down with a glass of water (even the MASSIVE Superior Amino tabs), but the taste and smell of this particular one I have to avoid or my mind and body will say nope, not doin it.

Effectiveness (4/10)
As stated above, this product does little to NOTHING for me compared to NO2 Black, which was my staple prior to taking this, I just cant afford their prices anymore. Good ingredients, but maybe their "sustained release" formula is retarding the general effectiveness of the product?

Value (5/10)
I got this for 29.95/180ct bottle on TSNNUTRITION.COM, which in and of itself is a pretty fair price, but I think the effectiveness is part of the value so Im giving it a 5/10...tops.

Overall (5/10)
For me this product doesnt work at all. Maybe I was spoiled by NO2 Black, but I was off of that for a solid 60-90 days before I started taking Vassive NO. Maybe it will work for others, and maybe I need to up my dosage for the second bottle, Im thinking Ill take 5 3x a day and see if that helps. Either way im not buying this product again and im not buying 2 bottles of a product Ive never tried again.

June 10, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great List Of No Boosting Ingredients
  • Versatile Profile
  • Does Produce A Pump
  • Pills Hard To Swallow
  • Large Pills
Time to hit the reviews again, I've used a slew of products over the past few months, so hopefully I can get them all on here in the next week or so. I ordered this particular product as a "throw in" since it was on clearance at the time I was making a big order, and since I have always had a good experience with ON products.

How I used it: This was my first Nitric Oxide exclusive/arginine product I've ever used and I dosed one serving of 3 pills around 45 minutes to an hour pre-workout, then another 3 pill serving post workout.

Ingredient Profile(8/10): This product is primarily Arginine AKG at the standard 3 gram serving. However, this also contains what is called a "Formula X Blend" (hence the name I suppose) which consists of several other pump inducing ingredients including Citrulline Malate, Histidine, Norvaline, and Ginseng. It also contains a blend that is suppose to give it a sustained release effect. All in all it appears to have a very versatile profile to it.

Size/Texture(6/10): These pills are HUGE, they are long and thick (minds out of the gutter). Swallowing one of these at a time is an accomplishment in and of itself, let alone all three at once. If you make the mistake I did of letting them sit on your tongue for to long, then you are rewarded with a very unpleasant taste on your tongue that lingers, must be that "sustained release" formula at work...

Effectiveness (7/10): For what this product is worth I think it did a pretty decent job. I didn't take these exactly like it was directed to, but I thought the way it was recommended was a little silly, basically to take them before each meal. I used this product in correlation with two main pre-workout product over time, ON's Amino Energy and SciVation's Quake 10.0. This product did a good job in assisting with giving a pump throughout my workouts, nothing extraordinary and worth writing home about but enough to make the veins pop out and a little extra blood rush during lifts. I used as a stand alone a few times just to see if it would produce a good pump all it's own and I wasn't all that impressed. Overall I wasn't blown away with the results of this product, but I could tell that it was doing it's job.

Value(7/10): A 180 count bottle(60 servings) of these runs you about 30 bucks, or 50 cents a serving. That's a little above average for a product as such, and it seems there are better products out there for a more reasonable price.

Overall (7/10): Overall, this was an adequate product that did what it was intended to do, but wasn't very extraordinary in any way. I think there are better pump/N.O products out there. I love Optimum Nutrition, but this product was kind of a flop.

November 10, 2010

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great List Of No Boosting Ingredients
  • N.o Circulatory Blend
  • Pills Hard To Swallow
  • Large Pills
Alright I got this product over summer in order to look more vascular. This product did make me look more vascular and at work when I would have to carry 40lb bags of ice and other things my arms looked like I had just got done lifting for 2hours! I did see a little increased recovery and the all day pump was there. All in all, this product is helpful in that you will look more vascular, recover a little better, and achieve an all day pump..but it is by no means a "staple supplement" to me, I think i would buy it again over summer, and in addition, this product is a good alternative compared to the more expensive NO2 Black. Hope this helps!

December 29, 2009

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great List Of No Boosting Ingredients
  • Pills Hard To Swallow
Like most people, I like to use a pre-workout NO supplement, but I wanted something to take in the morning and evening for more Arginine throughout the day, but without the stimulants that come with pre-workout mixes.
This not only has a good dose of 3 grams of Arginine per serving, but a host of other things such as Citrulline Malate, American Ginseng, Histidine and Rhodiola. If I could improve upon this I would add about 500-1000mg of Vitamin C, another Arginine booster. Instead I just took a C pill with each dose.
The pills are large, uncoated and hard to swallow. I can down an entire Animal Pak in one gulp, but three or four of these nearly made me choke a few times and the pills are so course that they made my throat a little sore if I didn't take them just one at a time.
I will probably try another brand or two next, but I can see myself coming back to this supplement again.