Threshold has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Nutrient Repartitioners

Threshold Reviews

By: Optimum

Growth Enhancers > Nutrient Repartitioners
Threshold is a Nutrient Repartitioner manufactured by Optimum. It is meant to help the body use the macronutrients of protein, carbohydrates and fats more efficiently.

Threshold has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Nutrient Repartitioners

Overall
Overall
  January 6, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • More Muscle Endurance
  • Decent Price
  • Poor Mixability

I bought this product after reading about the effects and benefits of using Beta Alanine. I went with Optimum Nutrition's brand due to their positive reputation, and good experiences in the past with their products. I had just come off of Jack3d, and was looking for a break of sorts from pre-workout supplements.

Due to it's versatility as an unflavored powder and with the help of a couple other ingredients, I went a little "mad scientist" and formulated my own pre-workout formula. As per the label, I would throw in a scoop in my morning shake at breakfast time for my morning serving. Then, before my workout I would take about 15 ounces of water, mix in a heaping scoop of Threshold, a teaspoon of creatine, and a packet of Tang Sport for flavoring. I would down this concoction, then chug an energy drink before hitting the gym. I ended up having some pretty good workouts using this formula. I didn't really get a pump from it other then what I would get naturally, but I definitely noticed some energy and muscle endurance.

This product does what it advertises; I was able to knock out more reps in all my final sets of every exercise, usually 2 to 3 more. Even the exercises I was doing towards the end of my workouts, I was still able to get a few more reps in. Didn't help strength as far as lifting heavier weight, but the endurance to lift more at the weight you are at. I definitely got the tingles from it like many users of Beta Alanine report.

This product doesn't mix very well, it settles to the bottom of a shaker cup rather easily. It also has a pretty odd taste to it even when you try to mask it, you just have to man up and chug it. ON has a flavored version of Threshold, so that might alleviate the taste issue with the unflavored version. At 21 dollars for 75 servings (28 cents a serving), it's also a decent value.

All in all though I was impressed with Threshold, it's a good Beta Alanine product and I would recommend it.