Pro BCAA Reviews

By: Optimum

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Pro BCAA is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Optimum. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Solid Profile
  • Chaulky
Optimum is one of the best supplement companies around in my opinion, and they always seem to put out quality products. I snagged me 2 containers of the Pro BCAA to try out as BCAAs have been a vital part of my supplement regimen, and I'm constantly looking for the ideal intra-workout product. Plus I had a $50 Amazon gift card to burn up, so that's always nice too.

Dosage: 2 to 3 scoops consumed intra-workout.

Profile(9/10): Hard to argue with this formula, 8 grams of BCAAs in the traditional 2:1:1 ratio per 2 scoop serving, 5 grams of glutamine, and a 160 mg phytoblend of grape seed extract, red wine extract, and citrus bioflavonoids. The phytoblend is mixed up in a prop blend, but the effective ingredients are fully disclosed, so thumbs up for that.

Mixture (9/10): It is not disclosed whether or not the BCAAs are instantized in this product, however it does mix very well. A few hearty shakes and it's good to go, no undissolved solution and light foam that settles rather quickly. For two scoops I used about 14 ounces of water, and for 3 scoops I used about 20 ounces.

Taste (8/10): I tried out the Peach Mango flavor in this product. Overall the taste was pretty good, not overpowering or artificial tasting, but a little chaulky, likely due to the glutamine. This was an easy product to sip on through my workout, or even take big chugs of after a tough set. No bad aftertastes or bitterness, Optimum is typically very good with their flavorings.

Effectiveness (9/10): BCAAs and glutamine are pretty simple natured, they are designed to help in your recovery during and after your workout. This product is no exception; this was nice to have during my grueling workouts as it kept the soreness and cramps at bay. Some of my workouts as of late have gotten close to the two hour mark, so I was able to power through with 3 scoops of this to have during that time. Even training 6 days a week, I was ready to get at it again the next day.

Side Effects: None

Value (8/10): Obviously the value for me was awesome since I got it for free, but you can find this on allstarhealth for $19.99, which comes out to $1 roughly a serving. Which for 8 grams of BCAAs and 5 grams of glutamine in one serving, it's pretty fair when you add in the convenience factor.

So once again Optimum puts out another quality product, I haven't been let down by them too many times. I recommend this product, and it gets the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
  • Peach Mango: 8/10

• mhseaver670

Peach mango sounds delicious

• kalans
    March 11, 2017

Yeah I had this product in fruit punch, great effectiveness and taste but a bit too sweet so I would double up on water or half the serving. Great review Ron Burgundy!

• shinndigg
    March 11, 2017

Thanks fellas. Yeah I definitely add a little more water on most of the BCAAs I use. This one in particular can benefit from a little added water for sure.

• basharar
    March 12, 2017

I tried all the flavours , raspberry lemonade is the out of this world, miles ahead of the other flavours!