Platinum Tri-Celle Casein has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Protein > Casein Protein

Platinum Tri-Celle Casein Reviews

By: Optimum

Protein > Casein Protein
Platinum Tri-Celle Casein is a Casein Protein Powder manufactured by Optimum. It utilizes the slowest digesting form of protein. Often used for a time released version of protein, it will help increase muscle recovery and strength.

Platinum Tri-Celle Casein has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Protein > Casein Protein

Cons:
  • No Morning Hunger
  • Average Taste
  • Clumping
With any Optimum product I have high expectations. Whenever I try a new type of product I usually trust Optimum or MusclePharm and I have only used these two companies' casein. I asked a friend about this kind after trying the MusclePharm one and he said this was much better, so I gave it a shot.

Serving Size: 1 Heaping Scoop (43g)
Servings Per Container25
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 60%
Iron 4%
* Percent Daily Value (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Ingredients:
Restructured Micellar Casein, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Creamer (Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Mono- And Diglycerides, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Tocopherols), Gum Blend (Carrageenan, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum), Lecithin, Mineral Blend (Salt, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Gluconate), L-Theanine, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Vanillin, Lactium® (Milk Protein Hydrolysate).
ALLERGEN INFORMATION: CONTAINS MILK AND SOY (LECITHIN) INGREDIENTS.

I'd take one every night with two scoops before bed, which is 60g of protein. The best part about it is that it's really clean and I NEVER woke up hungry. I sometimes would take it if I didn't have time to eat during the day, and it would suffice if I didn't have any other choice. My muscles felt more full when I woke up and I really liked that feeling. I didn't get that with the other casein I tried.

Taste: 6/10 (Chocolate Decadence Flavor)
Not great. Not at all. But not the worst thing in the world. I have tried it in the blender bottles, and it doesn't really work like it says. The mixability is tough with a lot of clumping, even though it says it is instantized. I used 16-20 ounces of water even, to see if it would help and it didn't. This probably affects my opinion a little bit because I'd get clumps when drinking it. So I moved to the blender to get it to mix. That worked pretty well, but it still wasn't great.

I know it seems a little steep for the product, but you get what you pay for. Optimum is top of the line on most every site I read, so it is what it is. I never felt right if I forgot to take it before bed, and soreness was reduced the next day when I did take it. It's a good product that was better than the other brand I mentioned earlier.

I'm going 8, even though nothing was GREAT about it. It does the trick and was the best one I've had yet. I would recommend it to someone though if they asked me about it as my friend did to me. I got what I paid for and will continue to buy this kind, maybe a different flavor. Make sure you use the blender instead of your shaker unless you have a lot of time and think you can do it with a shaker. Overall, the best casein I have had.

• March 11, 2014

I don't understand how 12 servings costing around $4 a serving deserves a value of an 8...

• willyb87
    March 11, 2014

i got a bottle of this free on a fb contest and i have to say the chocolate taste was god awful tasted like chalk but i didnt have any mixing problems.