Platinum Pre Reviews

• Good Company
  • Spicy
  • Questionable Taste
  • No Creatine
To begin, I believe that ON is a great company. I have been taking their whey protein for years and have no reason to changes companies. Not completely sure how I feel about this.

Price: 7/10
You will usually find this for around $40 for 30 servings. I'm sure you can find it a little cheaper, but at most places this is the average. It is a decent price, but not the best on the market. Probably somewhere around the middle-of-the-road. Average priced.

Mixability: 4/10
The actual powder in ON PRE mixed fine. The only problem that I had with this was the Capsimax. It definitely didn't mix in the bottom and left a grainy taste to the end of the drink. Not enjoyable at all once you get to the bottom.

Taste: 5/10
This is going to be a weird taste review. The actual flavor "Superfruit" was great. It's a different flavor that you don't see too often. The only problem came when the Capsimax was left over. The Capsimax would often give off a spicy flavor. If you even dared to pop one of the tiny capsules on your tongue, have fun. Your mouth will be on fire for most of your workout.

Energy: 7/10
Once you got passed the taste, the energy took over. It was a decently strong, clean energy. It is probably around the same as the average PWO if not a little better. It did the job, but not as well as the top of the line PWOs.

Ingredient profile: 7/10
Caffeine is at 200mg. This is a decent amount. The only problem comes if you want more than one scoop. 200mg is not too much, but 400mg would be. If 200mg isn't enough, I would recommend taking only a scoop and a half. PRE has beta-alinine which is a plus, but there is no creatine. I like creatine in my PWO because I don't supplement with it otherwise. The Capsimax is the worst part of this PWO. I personally hated it. Form your own opinions, but I didn't like it. Maybe you aren't supposed to pop the Capsimax capsules, but it's somewhat inevitable. Too spicy for my liking.

You never really need to go above one scoop, so value is solid. It is decently price and gives off a good amount of energy.

I would say that ON PRE is a slightly above-average PWO. It has a very small ingredient profile, but produces decent energy. The Capsimax just stops me from giving this a better overall review. Taste is one of the things I enjoy in a PWO and this doesn't do it for me.