Platinum Pre Reviews

By: Optimum

You are viewing a single review (#1 of 21)
Click here to show all Platinum Pre reviews.

Overall

• No Creatine
  • Spicy
  • Questionable Taste
  • Pricey
I'm finally done with my ON Platinum-Pre tub. I bought this back in Feb, and only got to use it once before I was out of commission for 3 months. I've been wanting to do this review for a while, because there should be more reviews for this product. ON is a good company and this had some high expectations. It did not disappoint, at least for me.

Profile:

No prop. blends, big plus! It's a fairly simple profile. I'll highlight some of the good things at 2 scoops.

-400 mg of caffeine(can be good or bad)
-3.2g of Beta-Alanine
-4g of Citrulline(PepForm)
-250mg Capsimax
-DMAE Bitartrate(related to Choline)
-Some Vitamin C
- Antioxidants coming from Grape Seed Extract, Beet Juice Powder, and Red Wine Grape Extract

At 2 scoops, everything is very well dosed. The only problem for some people might be that 400 mg is quite high. 400mg is the highest I would ever take before a workout. I personally think anything over 300mg is quite high, and 400mg is def. too much for a lot of people out there. You could take one scoop, just make sure you have some extra Beta-Alanine on hand. Platinum Pre was obviously intended for the sole reason of performance.

The Capsimax is quite interesting. It's used in a lot of fat burners to increase thermogenesis, gives you that hot/sweaty feeling. Another big plus for me is the lack of creatine. Most of us take creatine straight, so why supplement with it?

Taste(7.5/10)

I tried a Raspberry Lemonade sample packet a long time ago. It worked/tasted so well I went out and bought a tub at GNC(where I worked at the time). We only had the fruit punch of course. I was never too crazy about it. Was def. not like any fruit punch I've ever tasted. The Capsimax is def. noticeable. Once in a while I would accidentally bite into a piece of it and would feel my tongue start to burn. It can hit your throat once in a while too. Not a big con really but I just think it's weird to drink something spicy before a workout.

Mix:(8.5/10)

Mixed alright. I'd get a bit of residue at the bottom from time to time, probably from Capsimax. The biggest problem for me was that it took me forever to get through it, it would start to clump up.

Effectiveness:(9.4/10)

This is easily one of the best preworkouts I have ever used.

Energy-9.5/10
At 400mg of caffeine, you should expect a good amount of energy. Always lasted throughout my workout. Energy seems perfect for a grueling leg day for some reason.

Focus-9/10
Had good focus throughout my workouts every time, and even after them too! Not as good as when I take dendrobium or something like that, but it's still noticeable.

Pump-
Not going to rate this. I never took this by itself, and always stacked it with a pump product. I'm sure it helped with that, but seriously it would be unfair to ON to rate this higher or lower than it should be. Don't want to turn this into a "heavy arms" review. I'm sure it helped, but I am not confident enough to say how much it helped. Either way, it should provide any user with at least an increased pump.

This is def. performance based. I never got the usual feeling of being cracked out. I always felt more like just wanting to take on whatever was in front of me. It seems to make lifting more fun than what it already is. Almost like I'm in battle, as corny as that sounds. Really made me want to squat whenever I took it on leg day, even though my squats have been sucking lately.

The Capsimax made me sweat like crazy every workout. It can get quite annoying sometimes, other times it just makes you feel like you are having a great workout.

Value:(7.5/10)

Usually around $30, you can find it for around $25 though. Seems to be fairly priced compared to other preworkouts. Still, for 15 servings when you use 2 scoops, it just seems a bit pricy, even though I've paid more. Still worth every penny though.

Overall:(9.1/10)

I highly recommend trying Platinum-Pre. It's a very well-rounded pre-workout that is effective at both 1 or 2 scoops. If you are looking to up your workout performance in just about every aspect, this is worth a shot. Just try to get it on sale.

• Daloof911
    August 21, 2013

I really liked this pwo, but its almost a little too pricey to purchase again when there are so many others I want to try. Your review is makin' me wish I had some right now though...

• August 21, 2013

Tooooooo much caffeine. I am out from trying this PWO out.

• MrAppleman
    August 21, 2013

the superfruit is the best except for that damn capsimax.

definitely in my top 3 preworkouts

• chefneilde
    August 21, 2013

Superfruit is disgusting the pepper made me want to hurl, but I almost always use on an empty stomach. I gave my 1/2 full bottle away.

• MrAppleman
    August 21, 2013

really I thought that tasted soo good haha