Platinum Pre Reviews

• Effective
  • No Crash
  • Spicy
  • Questionable Taste
Hey SR! It has been a veerryyy long time since I typed out a review, but I feel that this supplement deserves a little credit.

I happen to be a unique individual when it comes to preworkouts. I find myself to be sensitive to supps that have too many stimulants or just a laundry list of ingredients, so I typically like my pre workouts to be quick and to the point. After finishing a run with Capsi-Blast, which was basically just hot peppers and caffeine (see my review here http://supplementreviews.com/promera-health/capsi-blast), I needed something with a better focus and energy profile. I have always been a fan of ON's consistent quality, so I wasn't too concerned with dropping the $$$ for this product.

INGREDIENTS: 9/10

Practically a full disclosure label, this PWO offers endurance and energy enhancement, along with N.O support and thermogenic qualities. What is great about the label is how easily it is to read. You know exactly how much caffeine, beta-alanine, and citruline you get with 1 – 2 scoops. The only complaint here is that if you are only in the mood for the 1 scoop serving, you miss out on a effective dose of beta-alanine.

Serving Size 1 Scoop
Servings Per Container 30

L-Citrulline 2 g
(as Micronized L-Citrulline PepForm Citrulline Peptides [L-Citrulline Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate])
CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine 1.6 g
DMAE Bitartrate 250 mg
PhytoBlend 250 mg
Beet Juice Powder Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera)(seeds)
MegaNatural Red Wine Grape Extract (Vitis vinifera)(fruit) Citrus Bioflavonoids
Caffeine 200 mg
Capsimax Capsicum Extract 125 mg
(Capsicum annuum)(fruit)(standardized for capsaicinoids)

TASTE: 6/10

I had the fruit punch flavor, which was somewhat disappointing. It's like while they were making the product someone said "Hey! I read somewhere that peppers are fruits...........let's toss a sack full of them into the punch!" So yes, hot spicy fruit punch thanks to the capsi-max.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10

This PWO provided some of the cleanest focus and energy enhancement I have yet to experience. Even at 1 scoop, I was able to focus on my lifts and connect with the muscle groups I was training. Of all the ingredients, I attribute this to the caffeine/DMAE combo. The caffeine provided the energy, and the DMAE enhanced my focus along with the sensation that it was far easier to contract my muscles and produce force. I know this sounds like a gimmick, but it literally felt like every rep was the result of all my muscle fibers firing; especially during big lifts like front squats. I also sweated a ton during my lifts, probably due to the capsi-max.

I will say that the only drawback I experienced was during a cardio or HIIT day. My heart rate would be too high to handle these types of workouts, so I typically only took ½ scoop just to get me moving.

COST: 6/10

Most retail stores had this tub going for about $35. Not bad if you only need 1 scoop like me (30 servings), but if you aren't stimulant sensitive and need 400mg of caffeine before you workout, 2 scoops will only give you 15 servings! So, in short I was able to get my money's worth, but if you need a bigger stimulant kick for less money like most people, look elsewhere.

SIDE EFFECTS: N/A

Other than my inability to handle a high stimulant serving during a cardio/HIIT day, I never felt anything that would deter me filling my shaker cup. There was never a crash, and for the most part the energy would last well past my workout.

OVERALL: 9/10

The combination of an unambiguous nutrition label, effective ingredients, and the ability to provide the promised clean "energy and focus" earns this supp a 9 out of 10. I would recommend this product to those who need a PWO with the ability to dial in their energy levels before hitting the daily iron.

• ron

Great review!!!
    I will say that your value score of 6 seems a little low in comparison to how you really felt about it though.

• cssrss
    October 3, 2013

Yeah, I debated about the pricing score. I figure that most people I meet are much more stim tolerant than myself, so I gave it score with others in mind...