TROOP CP

Platinum Hydro Builder Reviews

By: Optimum

Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #3 of 21 (better than 90%) in
Protein > Post-Workout Recovery Formulas

Platinum Hydro Builder is a Post-Workout Protein Supplement manufactured by Optimum. It is designed to feed the muscles with protein, carbs and amino acids immedaitely following a workout to assist in muscle recovery and growth.
INGREDIENTS (33)
THIS PRODUCT

5.0g
CATEGORY AVG

5.0g

Molecule that supports ATP production in the body and increases lean body mass, strength, power, and stamina.

THIS PRODUCT

2.5g
CATEGORY AVG

2.5g

Active metabolite of choline that increases power output and strength, decreases soreness, and supports creatine production in the body.

COMPARE SIMILAR

WarMachine
  January 3, 2013

Salutations SR brethren and welcome to WarMachine's first review of 2013!! To begin the new year, I am going to review the product that I teamed with usp labs versa-1 during my log, Optimum Nutrition's HydroBuilder Platinum. I would like to extend another special thanks to everyone who followed my log and usp labs for hooking me up with versa-1.

As a brief introductory description of hydrobuilder, it is a complete muscle building formulation containing adequate levels of high qaulity creatine, multi-source proteins, amino acids, enzymes, and betaine. It is designed to aid in muscle growth, recovery, and integrity. During my use of it, I would most often use this both pre and post workout. Of course, to allow optimal digestive time, I would take it about 45 minutes before my workout with my versa-1 capsule. I would also take a serving immediately after my workout along with a hit of some extra glutamine. On non-workout days, a serving first thing in the morning sometime before breakfast allowed me to ignite the anabolic flame for the day ahead. Now for a more detailed explanation of the particular fields of the product's quality:

Taste/Mixability (7): The 40 servings tub comes in three flavors: chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. The trifecta of originals basically. All three flavors to me were satisfactory at best. Definitely not the worst tasting, but I have certainly had better tasting proteins. I found all of the flavors to be more so on the bland side and lacking in fullness of flavor. Still, not nasty or difficult to take down. Also, I didn't experience any unpleasant aftertastes as some users claim to have experienced so, points for that.

In terms of mixability, overall the products mixes well in water. However, for some reason when I would try to mix with anything else like milk, I found that the product tended to clump moderately forcing me to utilize a blender when I would want to use milk for improved taste. This a little bit of an inconvenience for me, but I won't take significant points off for that.

Ingredient Profile (10): As a stated before, the formulation of the product is complete and abundant in several essential muscle building ingredients:

40 Servings Vanilla Bean
Sugars 2g
Protein 30g
Calcium 200mg 20%
Sodium 300mg 13%
Micronized Creapure® Creatine Monohydrate 5g "
BetaPowerâ„¢ Natural Betaine 2.5g "
Micronized Amino Acid Matrix 2g "
Micronized Branched Chain Amino Acids (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine), Micronized L-Glutamine, Micronized L-Arginine, Taurine, L-Alanine, L-Carnitine Tartrate, Micronized L-Citrulline
Enzyme Complex 200mg "
Beet Root Fiber, Amylase, Protease, Cellulase, Lactase, Lipase
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
"  Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients:
Protein Blend (CreaPepâ„¢ Enriched Protein Blend [Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein], Whey Protein Concentrate, Hydrolyzed Egg Albumen), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Creamer (Glucose Syrup Solids, Coconut Oil, Sodium Caseinate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Silicon Dioxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mono & Diglycerides, Turmeric And Annatto Extracts, Artificial Flavors), Polydextrose, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Lecithin, Salt, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.

Sorry of that is a bit difficult to read. As you can see there is a solid amount of all the essential contents. Five grams of creapure, 30 grams of protein from multiple sources, 2.5 grams of betaine, and 2 grams of blended amino acids make this one effective muscle enhancing product good for recovery, development, and integrity. My only complaint is that I think there could be a little more of the amino acids considering the blend only consists of 2 grams.

Usage (10): Very simple, one scoop of this in 8 ounces of your choice of a beverage. I usually used either water or milk. The directions claimed it is best used post workout on training days and sometime between meals on non-workout days. As a mentioned before, I would use one serving both pre and post workout on training days and first thing in the morning on non-training days. On non-training days were the times where I would most often use milk.

Effectiveness (10): I must say that hydrobuilder truly lived up to its claims. I noticed dramatically improved recovery not just after my workouts, but I also noticed I recovered from heavy set workloads during my workouts as well. Coupled with versa-1, I gained strength, mass, and even stamina with hydrobuilder. The benefits were most noticed on my non-training rest days, but I would also notice a difference during my boxing and cardio sessions as well (ask the zumba girls they'll vouch for me LOL). All in all, increased strength, mass, stamina, and improved recovery were all noticed with hydrobuilder's use.

Value (5): Now this is where the product takes a big punch to the point scale. The average price range of a 40 servings tub of hydro platinum is 50-60 dollars. My first tub I bought from illpumpyouup.com with the $20 gift card I won from here. To my first tub cost me about 30 dollars. The second tub I bought cost me 50 dollars straight up since I was fortunate enough to find it on sale at a local vitamin shoppe. The third tub I got as a gift from my sister for helping her with some furniture assembly. She didn't tell me how much it cost but she knew that I liked the product. While I found the product to be effective, the price tag would definitely discourage those of the more budget conscious nature. Shopping around for prices is absolutely a must for this product in my opinion if you intend on trying it.

Overall (9): Despite the heavy price tag, hydrobuilder platinum is a very effective and versatile supplement. Whether run alone or stacked with some other goodies, hydrobuilder will increase muscular mass, strength, integrity, and overall body endurance if you train hard and efficiently. Of course, don't forget diet. After a brief off cycle period I will consider hydrobuilder for another run, especially if I decide to pull the prohormone trigger for the first time this year (AMS watch out, the machine may be coming your way LOL!!!). As a final thought, if you are a serious weight training athlete and endurance/fitness enthusiast I would highly recommend hydrobuilder platinum provided you can get it at a decent price.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps Recovery Time
  • Excellent To Stack With An Otc Anabolic Like Versa-1
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Increases Strength
  • Average Taste
  • Another Flavor Variety Or Two Wouldn't Hurt
shinndigg

October 31, 2012

I have long been a fan of Optimum Nutrition and their products. I may even be a little bit of a self admitted "homer" for them. But in my opinion they make some of the best protein products available on the market today. So of course when Hydrobuilder came out, I was definitely in line to try it out. Hydrobuilder is a spin off of ON's Platinum Hydrowhey, which was a very effective product for me.

Dosage: One scoop post workout with a carbohydrate supplement such as Karbolyn or Waxy Maize/Dextrose combo.

Ingredient Profile(9/10): Hydrobuilder is a comprehensive post workout protein and recovery product. It starts with the protein profile, 30 grams of protein from 4 varying sources: hyrdolyzed whey protein isolate, micellar casein, whey protein concentrate, and hydrolyzed egg albumen. The more I read on hydrolyzed protein the more on the fence I become about whether or not it's an effective muscle building protein source. There is no doubt it is absorbed into the body a lot quicker then any other protein source and I can attest personally to it's recovery aid properties from my use of Platinum Hydrowhey. So while I may not be sold 100% on the hydrolyzed protein in Hydrobuilder, no doubt when combined with micellar casein it makes for a good blend of time released protein. On top of the premium protein blend each scoop contains 5 grams of Creapure, the purest and best form of creatine monohydrate available. Each scoop also contains 2.5 grams of Betapower betaine, a natural nutrient derived from the molasses of sugar beets that has athletic perfomance enhancing capabilities to increase power, energy, and strength. Throw in a 2 gram micronized amino acid blend and a 200 mg enzyme complex to enhance absorption and you have a great, quality profile on your hands here for this product.

Taste/Mixability(7.5/10): I tried both the Vanilla Bean and Chocolate Shake flavors of Hydrobuilder, neither of which jumped out to me as being particualrly good in taste as both of them were rather bland in my opinion, which is a surprise to me since ON is usually on point with their protein flavors. Mixability was adequate and I didn't really have a problem with the product fully absorbing in water or having it clump while mixing. There was a lot of foam as there was with the Platinum Hydrowhey, something that evidently comes with the territory of hydrolyzed proteins.­

Effectiveness(8/10): For the expectations I had of Hydrobuilder going into using the product, the results came out as medicore to average in my eyes. I didn't really notice a vast improvement in recovery, strength, or gains versus using a regular old isolate or protein blend post workout. Which kind of leaves me scratching my head given the superior ingredients that are in this product. I ran two of the large 40 serving containers of this and both times left a lot to be desired in terms of results versus price and given the quality of the profile. It still "did what it was suppose to" for me, but I am thinking I may have set the bar a little to high in my mind given my love of ON products.

Value(7/10): A tub of Hydrobuilder will definitely run you a pretty penny. You're looking at about 55 bucks for a 40 serving container(about $1.38/serving) or 30 bucks for a 20 serving container($1.50/serving). There is no doubt that you are getting the highest of quality ingredients for your dollar, but for the lackluster results they performed for me, I feel like this product is a bit of a money pit.

Overall(7/10): While Hydrobuilder didn't live up to my own lofty expectations, I still beleive it can be an effective product for people. There is no denying that there are great ingredients in this product and that it comes from one of the best companies in the business. It doesn't take an expert to realize sometimes certain products don't work as well for some as others, and all things considered for this product I am walking away from it feeling very underwhelmed. I know for a lot of other members this product worked well for them, but for me this was nothing more then an average product. So Hydrobuilder gets the sideways thumb from me, and I will be sticking with ON's 2:1:1 Recovery as my go to post workout supplement.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent/superior Profile
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Aids In Recovery
  • Average Taste
  • Didn't Live Up To Hype
RBunny
  October 22, 2012

This review is a bit overdue, but here goes...

I know everybody is going to say I'm just following the crowd, but I love Optimum Nutrition Supps.

TASTE AND MIXABILITY: 1/10

The mixability of this product was sooo garbage it's not funny. It didn't matter if I tried shaking it for 15, 30, 45 seconds, whatever, there were always massive clumps of powder at bottom of shaker. Which was also a problem, because then you would spend another 5 minutes trying to clean the crap out the bottom of the shaker.

The taste of this supp was probably the worst tasting shake I have ever had. I tried mixing it with water, and I tried milk. I tried mixing in Milo (a chocolate flavoured powder drink), Quik (another chocolate flavoured powder drink), and I even tried drinking chocolate powder to mix with it. I tried all different combinations, but to no avail. I'm sorry ON, but this was just complete crap. Especially here in Australia, where we pay $99.95 a bottle, we EXPECT more!

Have you ever had a bad hangover and tried to have a beer the next day? Let's be honest, the beer the next day goes down like razors... Well, I would equate that same feeling and taste to Hydrobuilder. I'm sorry Optimum Nutrition, I have a lot of love for you, but, this was just garbage...

EFFECTIVNESS: 5/10
I can't really add much to the effectiveness due to the terrible taste. Due to paying $99.95 a bottle, I persevered with the bottle and different combinations. However, I can say that it wasn't completely ineffective. It was good in recovery, but it's not exactly something I would write home about and tell other people to use. There are plenty of other better protein supps out there.

VALUE: 2/10
Here in Australia, you pay top dollars for supps. You would think by paying more, you would expect to get something for your money... How wrong. There is no value for money in this supp. Sorry ON.

I have a lot of love for ON, and will continue to use their products, but unfortunately, this is just not one of those products I can recommend.

Overall, this supp is really expensive, and I would expect more out of a supp brand with a good name like Optimum Nutrition.

Hope this helps Optimum Nutrition in fixing their product, and helping other people thinking about choosing to use this product to think twice.

I love ON supps, and would suggest Platinum Hydrowhey or Complex Pro Gainer, Love them!

RB
 Cons:
    • A Bit Pricey ($58.99 Gnc On Sale)
    • Little Too Expensive
    Bloodhound66
      February 20, 2012

DISCLAIMER: In no way do I attempt to make ANY supplement sound like the end to all supplements. They are made to help, NOT to accomplish your goals. You are the only one that can finish your mission. TRAIN HARD, EAT RIGHT,You'll be fine. This Review Is Just My Opinion Nothing Else.

REVIEW:
    ---Ive been a fan of Optimum Nutrition for a

while so when this caught my eye in M&F I was excited, very excited. Especially since I was in a cutting stage at the time I was looking for a product that helped me get in my BCAA's and pretty much everything else, The only thing missing from this was it hitting the bench for me lol.

TASTE: Umm yea this wasn't the greatest tasting protein from ON but it was tolerable.
    Ive only tried the chocolate but to me it tastes like a mix of saltine crackers and coffee(Puerto Rican staple lol). Anyway I had the 5 lb tub and after a while the taste became tiresome and i eventually had to chug it down so i wouldn't lose my appetite. I suggest coming up with little mixes, like I would add peanut butter and a banana to mine once in a while just to switch up the taste and for the extra carbs, protein, fats etc. But Gold Standard Whey has this product beat on taste.

Mix-ability: Hydro-builder mixes well. this is from the protein isolate they use. BUT, although it CAN mix well, I've had times where it did get stuck to the bottom of my shaker even though this isnt THAT big of a deal, for the price of this you want every last grain to be used, trust me!!! And on that note we go to...

PRICE: This goes without saying, this stuff is expensive, VERY expensive. But you also have to consider all the ingredients it has in it, BCAA's, Creapure, Healthy fats, the list goes on. If your on a budget however this isnt the protein for your pocket by a long shot. AND ive heard that ON is going to be --RAISING THE PRICES-- very soon as well so this is going to get even pricier! Luckily, I bought a 5 lb tub from this place where I live that sells everything wholesale. Try finding a wholesale supplier in your area and I'm sure you'll save too. I paid about 45 bucks which was an awesome deal.

Effectiveness: I used this on my cutting phase, and with 180 cal. count and only 8 grams of carbs I was able to fit this into my diet with no problem. I took this with OEP and I had pretty good results, i kept my definition and my muscles felt a hella lot fuller than normal. Normally when I cut my muscles lose density, I feel that HB suppressed that effect, as well as an overload muscle loss. Im sure the Creapure had something to do with that. I cant say if it helped with recovery time, cause honestly regardless of how hard I workout after a day or two im up and running, The beauty of being 19 lol.

Overall: I love the ingredient list I feel like I'm getting just about everything I need which feels good. This is frickin expensive but if you consider the content list technically you are saving money, you don't have to buy BCAA'S, its got casein so this is a protein you can take at night as well(Even though I stick to my cottage cheese). The taste...well..not bad. But all the nit picking aside this IS the most complete and fulfilling protein Ive purchased. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Nutritional Breakdown
    Momo1
      January 5, 2012

Okay, this is my 1st review here, I been working out for over 20 years and have taken many supplements, with trial and errors.
    I have been a big fan of ON products for many years; I was excited to try the Hydrobuilder when it 1st came out.

Pros:

Effectiveness: 9 – My recovery after a total body work was pretty quick, soreness was only for about 48 hours. With over 13 grams of Branch Chain Aminos, Is a good punch to your body. Did not have any gas and felt full; I mixed my with coconut milk to get some MCTs.

Taste: 8 – Mixing it with some Vanilla Coconut Milk makes its tastes a little better; for me, the Chocolate Flavor is better, was given a sample to try.

Overall – I enjoyed the effects of this product, I was able to gain some strength, and the profile is as complete as one would want a Post-Work out shake.

Cons: Price, Price, and Price; post work out would be the only time I would use this. Nevertheless, as they say "You get what you paid for".
    dknight
      January 3, 2012

ON hydrobuilder is without a doubt one of the most effective protein supps on the market today. I took this while I was trying to cut down a little while trying to lose as little muscle as possible and I have to say this did a great job helping to acheive that goal.

Ingredients(10): The ingredient profile is very impressive on this product. It has several different types of protein from fast active whey isolate hydrolyzed egg to slow releasing casein so your body has protein to feed off of for hours after your workout. Along with the different proteins it has 5 grams of high quailty creapure creatine and 13 grams of essential amino acids.

Mixability: Mixes very easily in water, no chunks or gritty feeling. Taste is decent, not as good as some but by no means bad.

Effectiveness: This stuff does exactly what it says its its going to do, just build muscle. I was able to cut down a few pounds of fat using HIIT and ending my workouts with a scoop of Hydrobuilder (which is the only time it needs to be used, otherwise its a waste of expensive protein). Its amazing at only 180 cals you dont have to worry about gaining any weight but you get the creatine to build muscle and the high quaility protein to accelerate recovery time. Exactly what I was looking for.

Value: Now this stuff is expensive about $35 for 20 servings but you get what you pay for. Yes you are going to spend a little more on it but in my mind it is worth every penny. I actually got a very good deal on it, 7 servings at $11 but it was bogo so really 14 servings for $11.

Overall: Yet another quality product from ON. If I am looking to do a lean bulk or just lose a little fat again I will definitely be investing in this product again.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Helps Recovery Time
    • Great Nutritional Breakdown
    • Little Too Expensive
    kingmeat
      December 22, 2011

It has been a long time coming but I've been so busy with school and basketball I haven't had time to leave some reviews for my SR people. Might be a little rusty but here we go.

Hydrobuilder has definitely made its way to my favorite post workout supplement. The only downfall is it's pricey especially for a college student trying to get by. But on to the positives.

I used hydrobuilder during my lean bulk. It helped me to lean up from 224-230 which i can probably attribute some of that to the creapure. I had never been over 224 pounds until i added this. I had also used C-bol pre workout. Hydrobuilder contains 8g of carbs which is great for those who are looking for a post workout supplement that isn't too carb heavy. I added about 25g of karbolyn with it as i like more carbs in my post workout formulas. The recovery time kept me not as sore especially since I was working out 5 times a week.

My strength increased in bench from 340 to 355. Squats increased from 365-385. Definite improvement over about a 2 month span.

The ingredients make this a top notch formula as it is a blend of proteins which supports the studies suggesting protein blends are superior post workout compared to just whey isolate alone. It contains hydrolyzed whey isolate, hydrolyzed whey, micellar casein and hydrolyzed egg albumen. Over 13.5g essential amino acids, 5g creapure and many more goodies.

If you care about taste i had the vanilla bean and it was such a smooth taste and mixed well i was so hype to drink it after a good tough lift.

In closing, if you have the money to spend on it do so. If not you can probably make your own with a good blend, (I've been using Trutein), creapure, add some liver tabs for your essential aminos and the rest of the goodies aren't too hard to find. But if you haven't tried it yet, give it a try and you'll love it.

-Kingmeat
    hornedn
      November 2, 2011

In July I submitted a review of Gaspari's MyoFusion protein, comparing it favorably to Optimum's Pro Complex. Now that I've tried Hydro Builder, I'd like to review it, with the same comparisons.
    Hydro Builder is Optimums newest protein blend with hydrolyzed whey isolate, micellar casein, whey concentrate and hydrolyzed egg albumen. It can be used and effective anytime a day and also has an added 5g of Creapure creatine.

TASTE: 7/10 - I've tried both the Chocolate and Vanilla flavors. The chocolate was pretty good but the vanilla not so much. It has an after taste that is probably due to the added creatine. Of the 3 protein blends in my comparison Pro Complex is the best tasting to me and Hydro Builder is the least.

MIXABILITY: 9/10 - No problems here at all. I got no clumps whatsoever. The only problem is because of the large scoop, you have to use more liquid or it is too thick. But when you understand this the Hydro Builder is probably the best of the 3 for mixability.

EFFECTIVENESS: 10/10 - The protein blend of the Hydro Builder is second to none. They've really put everything from whey isolate to casein to egg albumen. Of the 3 Hydro Builder has definitely the best protein profile and it also has added 2g of amino acids like Pro Complex does.

VALUE: 7/10 - Now this is where Hydro Builder takes a back seat. All the complaints about it are because of the expense. When I reviewed MyoFusion I found that it cost 82 cents per 30 grams and Pro Complex was 90 cents but the Hydro Builder comes in at a whopping $1.30 per 30 grams of protein. This may be because of the added creatine but is it worth an extra 40 cents per serving? Comparing the price per serving of ConCret (54 cents) and Kre-Alkalyn (20 cents) it's not totally unreasonable.

OVERALL: 8/10 - Overall this is the best protein that you can buy if you can afford it. Also if you're buying protein AND creatine then you may be able to afford this more than you think.

Another great product from Optimum but of course I wish it was a little cheaper and that it was available in bigger sizes (maybe that would drop the price some and 40 servings for a tub of this doesn't last long) but it is still a solid product.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Nutritional Breakdown
    • Best Protein Profile Out There
    hulkish1

September 20, 2011

This review is a bit overdue!! Today we will review Optimum Hydrobuilder. This is a unique whey isolate that contains 5G German Creapure. And some othe added amenities that most whey proteins do not offer. I love my proteins and use them regularly for certain things. Nothing will ever replace whole foods but these little shakes can fill in when on the go. Hydrobuilder is slightly different then most every protein I have ever used from content to taste and it has a specific use unlike other blends and whey's.

---------------------TASTE&MIXING 9/10------------------------------------------

The flavor of hydrobuilder I ran was chocolate and I have to say mixed with my concoction of 60%skim and 40% water it was thick but very drinkable and the taste was kind of like a diet ice cream with an after taste that lingered a little longer then it should. I gave this a high score because it was very good but not the best I have ever had.

Hydrobuilder mixed close to perfect every time even with the Amino content. It never really over foamed up and I never had chunks protein like cheaper proteins I have used. I mixed it three ways to judge mixing of product. 1st just water very smooth and still had a good taste but the after taste was very strong this way. 2nd just skim milk. This made the hydrobuilder very thick but enjoyable. I like this after a hard workout it was like a treat after you finish kicking the poo out of yourself. 3rd 60-40 split. This was very effective for me and my goals. It made the taste perfect not too sweet and the after taste was minimal.

------------------- EFFECTIVNESS 9.5/10-------------------------------

By far the most superior Whey isolate I have ever used post work out hands down. I noticed at the end of the 4.49lb tub my strength was up my recovery was better and it was noticeable. I gave this such a high mark because it did as it said and worked every time I used it. I can't argue with that. Everyone that uses this product will immediately notice a recovery increase. Being able to recover while on a calorie deficient diet for a cut is key since your body is not taking in as much food and this is how I noticed my recovery. I split my last cut 5weeks on MyoFusion( my favorite blend protein) 100% gold whey and 5 weeks on Hydrobuilder and and Dymatize XT and I noticed almost instantly that this combo was the best hands down for my recovery needs.

------------------------CONTENT 10/10---------------------------------------

This is where hydrobuilder gets all its bang for the buck. This whey isolate has 30g protein while boasting 5G Creapure and 13.5G essential amino acids. It also contains hydrolyzed egg and miceller casein as well making it a three step release of proteins. You get all this and remain under 200calories is unbelievable. Here is a quick breakdown of all the content Hydrobuilder contains.
    Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**
    Sodium 350mg 15
    Micronized Creapure Creatine Monohydrate 5g
    BetaPower Natural Betaine 2.5g
    Micronized Amino Acid Matrix 2g
    -Micronized BCAAs (L-leucine, L-isoleucine, L-valine)
    -Micronized L-glutamine
    -Micronized L-arginine
    -Micronized Taurine
    -L-alanine
    -L-carnitine tartrate
    -Micronized L-citrulline
    Enzyme Complex 200mg
    -Beet root fiber, amylase, protease, cellulase, lactase, lipase

Can you buy a more Complete Protein?

---------------------------- VALUE 7.5/10---------------------------------------------------

This is where Hydrobuilder will get killed since the price is crazy out of control but worth it for what you receive from the product IMO. Coming in at a staggering 54.00 for the 4.49lb tub and 30.00 for the 2lb tub this is a steep price for a lot of people. Also the scooper is bigger then an average size scooper meaning you can go through this product fast. I still think the value should be a higher number since price does not mean value to me, results per price equals value to me and this product simply out performed others for me.

Overall I have to say that this is a solid product that will perform every time and leave you feeling stronger with less muscle soreness. If the price scares you try the 2lb tub first and realize for yourself that this is an amazing product.

-k-
    MattG
      September 11, 2011

First supplement review...

I just recently finished this product and was impressed by the results. I had read a lot of hype surrounding it before i had bought it. Im a big fan of Optimum nutrition and after using 100% Gold Standard Whey and 100% Gold standard Casein i decided to give this a try.

Taste: 8/10 Generally speaking i enjoyed the taste although it did have a bit of an aftertaste that wasnt too enjoyable. If your not on a super-strict diet i would suggest mixing in milk. I used the vanilla flavor.

Results: 9/10 I was pretty happy with the results from this product. I gained around 5 pounds of muscle, but its hard to tell because my weight jumps around alot. My max bench also went up 30 pounds before i even finished the bottle. This may sound a little far fetched but you have to keep in my mind Ive only been training for a year and half. I also added about .6 inches to my arms.

Frequency taken: I took this both pre and post workout every training day. In addition post workout i added a half serving of Dymatize Elite Mass.

Other supplements:
    Morning: Dymatize Elite Whey Protein Isolate
    Post workout: Hydrobuilder w/ half serving Dymatize Elite Mass

While using this i followed the 59 Days to Max Muscle Program in an issue of Musclemag.

Conclusion: I used this product during a cutting phase so my calories were generally low. I believe though if i would have used this product during a bulking phase my gains would have been even greater.

This was my first review so comment and let me know what i left out or what i could do to improve. I will answer any Questions as well if you have them.

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Helps Recovery Time
    • Great Nutritional Breakdown
    • Weird After Taste

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.