Opti-Bar Reviews

By: Optimum

Energy Supplements > Bars
Opti-Bar is an Energy Bar manufactured by Optimum. It helps fuel your body by providing extra calories to increase muscle performance and endurance.

Overall
Overall
  February 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quick Easy Snack
  • Hard To Chew
  • Can Bother Stomach

Having a handy protein snack during the day is really ideal. I am not huge on these type of protein bar's because , honestly most of them are not very good. They all have this typical feel and taste. Quest did do pretty well on changing some of the taste option's available. Over the year's we have seen some new one's come out . So let's see how this one does from a very well known brand.

This will be for the cookie dough bar.
Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate), Isomalto-Oligosaccharide, Almond Butter, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (Cane Sugar, Unsweetened Chocolate, Cocoa Butter), Glycerin, Natural Flavor, Maltodextrin, Cocoa Butter, Erythritol, Chocolate, Sea Salt, Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Stevia Extract.
CONTAINS: MILK AND ALMONDS. MAY CONTAIN SOY.
Which yield's
230 calories, 60 of those from fat.
Total fat at 7g
saturated fat at 2g
zero trans fat
Carbs 23g
9 of that from fiber , 4g from sugar, and 3g from sugar alcohol.
20 g of protein.

Cookie dough was Okay , not bad. But after getting a whole box of the same flavor I was pretty much over it by the end.
It has a mouth feel , much like the quest bar's which is really one of the things I do not like about them. When they are cold they are hard as a brick.

Well it will fill you up and give you some added carbs for energy. I used these as a midday or mid-morning snack to hold me over for a while.
Always did just that , but I think it has more soy sourced protein's because of the way it sit's on my stomach. Soy does not do me any good. For some reason it just really bothers me.
It will hold you over for a while though and it does provide a good little pick me up.

I got this from amazon which seems to the best deal. 16 bucks for 12 bars. Comes out to be 1.33 a bar. Great deal. I did notice this flavor was the cheapest one though. I am not sure what the deal is having different prices for different flavor's.

Side Effects

If cold. You could break a tooth or pull a jar muscle eating one.
They could bother stomach at times.

Conclusion

I was not impressed with these. Having tried the Met-rx bar's and the quest and several others from the store I would get something else .
Disappointing coming from a stand up company like optimum.