HMB Reviews

By: Optimum

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
HMB is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Optimum. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Only 3 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

March 26, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Builds Strength
  • Burns Fat
I have used 5-6 bottles of this product about 2 years ago. I took it during a maintenance cycle so I wasn't eating massively which is what it usually takes for me to add muscle. I was hoping this might help add muscle anyway and really I just wanted to try something new.
It did two things really well:
-Increased strength-very noticeable, able to lift significantly heavier weights and maintain or increase reps
-Fat burner-not marketed as this and unexpected but it got me the leanest I've been in a long time

The only thing I took with it was regular creatine but I had been on that a long time when I started the HMB.

I will add that I definitely maintained the muscle I already had so I really think this is a great product overall.
The only gripe I have is that it's a little pricey at around $30 for a month supply but pretty much everything besides plain creatine mono seems to be priced at $30 so it is what it is.
I would definitely recommend this to any athlete, if you can fit this in your budget it will definitely make a difference.

February 26, 2010

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great For Recovery
    I have been taking Optimum HMB for a couple years now, and I LOVE it. It is great for aiding in recovery, thus allowing more time in the gym and more work while Im there. I also allows me to make the cut to my weight division for strongman (LW Pro) while minimizing strength loss. I have noticed decreased muscle soreness as well, as well as steady gains in all my lifts. HMB helped me break through a plateau in deadlift, and I havent looked back. I am up over 130# on deadlift from then!

November 9, 2009

I took this by itself for one month. I didn't
    change anything else as far as cardio, workouts,
    and diet. Judging from the research, I expected to gain a little muscle and strength. Another
    reason I decided to try this was the research
    stated that test subjects reduced their blood
    pressure and cholesterol.
    The first thing that I noticed was that my
    joints felt better. Also my muscles didn't get as
    sore. I injured the back of my shoulder and after
    2 days it was 100% recovered. I push mowed a lawn
    fast for about 2 hours the day before my leg
    workout. When I woke up, the tendons around my heal were in pain, and I thought that I would not
    do calf raises, and have poor squats and dead lifts. The pain went away in the morning and I
    had a great workout. I was also able to do calves.
    Instead of gaining, I lost 4 pounds. This was
    all fat that was lost. I have more definition
    now. I got about 2 pounds stronger on my bench
    press. My lower body got about 10 pounds stronger
    on squats and dead lifts. My blood pressure didn't change. I didn't get my cholesterol checked.
    I was hoping my bench would get stronger than it
    did, but I am happy with the way my joints and
    injuries healed. I would recommend this for
    maintaining muscle & strength while going into
    lower weight classes.