Greek Yogurt Protein Smoothie Reviews

By: Optimum

Protein > Other Protein
Greek Yogurt Protein Smoothie is an Alternative Protein Supplement manufactured by Optimum. It provides additional dietary proteins that can increase lean muscle tissue and increase fat loss.

Overall
Overall
  April 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Mix
  • Can Cook With

I really get into smoothie's in the morning from time to time, and now the wife has started to enjoy them as well. The thing is she hate's my typical protein powder choices I typically get, so I tried this out and was able to sneak it in her smoothie to make it a bit more healthy and she loves it. So besides me having to trick her into eating her healthy food's was able to find a nice new protein that I liked for cooking and smoothies.

Serving Size 1 Scoop (33g)
    Servings Per Container14
    Amount Per Serving
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 1.5 g 2%
    Saturated Fat .5 g 3%
    Cholesterol 45 mg 15%
    Sodium 180 mg 8%
    Total Carbohydrate 8 g 3% Very low carbs.
    Total Sugars 5 g
    Protein 20 g 40%
    Calcium 200 mg 15%
    Potassium 250 mg 6%
    Not a significant source of trans fat, dietary fiber, added sugars, vitamin D and iron.
    The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
    Ingredients:
    Greek Yogurt Protein Powder (Whey Protein Concentrate, Skim Milk, Yogurt Cultures [Heat Treated After Culturing]), Whey Protein Concentrate, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Natural Flavor, Creamer (Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Mono & Diglycerides, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tri-Calcium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Tocopherols), Milled Chia Seed, Lecithin, Blueberry Powder, Freeze Dried Blueberry Granules, Salt, Sucralose.
    CONTAINS: MILK AND SOY.

I had the blueberry, and it was really really good.
    I tried this 3 different ways. Mixed as just a protein drink it does have a thicker more fluffy feel and the taste is really nice.
    Mixed in with my smoothie is where it really comes into play. It does make it a touch thicker, but not much .
    Now another way I have used this is with my morning waffles. I just add a scoop or two the the batter and boom you have protein waffles. I then just add some peanut butter to them with sugar free syrup and they are really great.
    This stuff mixes great no matter how or what you mix with it.

Typical protein protein. If you can digest it well it is a good protein. I did enjoy using this and might get this again if I have money burning my pocket. I did not get any crazy gains from this or anything, but I did enjoy this one a lot. I would like to try the strawberry flavor one next time. And I would like to maybe venture into cooking different things with this like cupcakes or something.
    If you are looking for a fun different type of protein powder I think you should give this a go.

Amazon is my normal go to place and usually beats most places. At 18 bucks for 14 servings is not a bad deal. Like I said this is not going to be a main source of protein powder. Just a fun desert type protein that is pretty darn good.

Side Effects

I never had issues

Conclusion

Optimum makes some solid supplement's and keeps their prices on point as well. I have them for years and most likely will continue to do so. I have to say this one is a bit different and I really liked this one a lot.
    • Blueberry: 9/10

• Wis3guy
      April 19, 2018

Nice review, our wives must know each other.... I have to trick her into healthier smoothies as well......