Fitness Fiber Reviews

By: Optimum

Fitness Fiber is a Digestive Health Product manufactured by Optimum. It helps the body to regulate and maintain a healthy digestive function state.

November 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Curbs Hunger
  • Make You Feel Fuller
  • Could Have A Few More Servings Per Container
  • No Scooper
  • Mixability

Good addition to weight loss supplements.

After reading dozens of articles about essential nutrients for fat burning, fiber-rich foods became irreplaceable part of my diet. Even if you eat lots of broccoli, apples, cereals and sweet potatoes, such supplements will always have bigger impact on your body. Fiber has number of health benefits, such as keeping your blood glucose levels from rising too fast, increasing satiety, boosting bowel movement, helping body to absorb other nutrients and lowering cholesterol levels. There are two types fiber: Soluble (soluble in water) and insoluble (does not absorb or dissolve in water), both are important for health, digestion, and preventing diseases.

6 FIBER SOURCES:
Polydextrose
Digestion-resistant Maltodextrin
Inulin
Guar gum
Psyllium seed husk
Gum arabic

Proportions not specified...
Polydextrose is a synthetic polymer of glucose, frequently used to increase the dietary fiber content of food, to replace sugar, reduce calories and fat content. Digestion-resistant maltodextrin is also most commonly derived from corn and wheat (as well as rice and potatoes),created by putting maltodextrin through an additional process that changes the bonds which connect the sugar units. It is indigestible because our bodies do not have the enzymes necessary to break down the new bonds. Inulin is a type of soluble fiber found in many plants, your gut bacteria convert inulin and other prebiotics into short-chain fatty acids, which nourish colon cells and provide various other health benefits. Guar gum is a fiber from the seed of the guar plant. Guar gum is used as a laxative for treating constipation, inn foods and beverages, guar gum is used as a thickening, stabilizing, suspending, and binding agent. Psyllium is a soluble fiber derived from the seeds of Plantago ovata, an herb mainly grown in India. It increases the bulk in your stool, an effect that helps to cause movement of the intestines. It also works by increasing the amount of water in the stool, making the stool softer and easier to pass. Psyllium, one type of bulk-forming laxative, has also been used along with a proper diet to treat high cholesterol. Gum arabic, also known as acacia gum contains water-soluble dietary fibers (WSDF) that are not only good fiber for your diet but also helpful in keeping your cholesterol under control. One study showed that taking 15 grams of acacia gum in liquid form every day helped manage the concentration of plasma cholesterols in blood.

The only disadvantage of this powder is it's mixability. Doesn't matter you try to mix it in water, juice or soda drinks, you have to drink fast until sediments move in water... Otherwise you'll have to stir again. Neither teaspoon Nor hand mixer can deal with that. Eating with foods like oatmeal, soups and yogurt are easier options.
Recommended dosage at the beginning to adopt is one teaspoon per day, any time of the day and for my body it's completely enough. Doesn't have any taste and it's easy to swallow even in ordinary water.

One thing I can obviously say, this powder killed my appetite after the very first use! I received this package at night, rushed to post office and mixed with juice as soon as I got home. From next morning I feel I have no appetite and no craves! I eat foods that are healthiest and doesn't even think of chocolate or any sweet beverage! Strange thing for man who has to work mentally and study all day long, studies confirm chocolate and nuts are essential for such lifestyle... I've already finished nearly half of the jar and I'm preparing to purchase second one very soon.
Also I can guarantee it won't have any side effects for your bowel and digestive system, as I'm currently under medication and restricted to consume many products, but ON Fitness Fiber never causes gas or bloating, which are very common with fiber rich foods.

I purchased 6.87 Ounce jar for $7.93 ($1.15 / Ounce) on Amazon. Most of online shops claim that jar contains 30 servings, but it's not necessarily true, because it comes without scoop and you have to use your own teaspoon, thus one serving varies and can serve some more or less amounts. Currently cheapest online shop to purchase it is illpumpyouup.com for $6.95 ($1.02/ Ounce), other options vary from $7.5 to $11.

Side Effects

None of them.

Conclusion

This fiber powder makes me dubious about quality and truthfulness of ON products, because of it's "Mixes Easily" label on sticker... Anyway I recommend it for increasing satiety and suppressing appetite, but it definitely doesn't follow that label and can't guarantee increasing overall health of digestive system. I personally haven't suffered any stomach problem, which are commonly followed by high fiber foods, but some reviewers on many online shops claim to do so. There are many powdered fiber bestsellers available with added nutrients and their description seems more attractive. ON Fitness Fiber is great aid while dieting, which can suppress your appetite quickly and contribute good amounts of fiber per serving.

September 2, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Digestive System
  • No Scooper
Did you know that on average most americans are only consuming 14g of fiber each day, wich is 11g less then the recommended dose americans should consume. Well optimum has made it so much simpler for us to meat those needs in a simple effective product like fitness fiber.

Dosing: The dosing with fitness fiber is fairly simple 1 teaspoon gives you 5g of fiber. Me personally I just added 2 teaspoons to my daily protein shake, but by the convenience of this product you could add it to anything of your choice from a glass of water to any food dressing.

Profile: The profile is nothing special 10 calories 6g of carbs, and 5 grams of fiber, again fellas its just fiber.

In my opinion fitness fiber did what I wanted it to do it aided with keeping me regular, and as I'm currently cutting for my first show adding it to my shakes help keep me fuller and more satisfied longer. It also gave me that extra piece of mind knowing that I was meeting my daily needs of fiber.

Taste/mixability 10/10
This stuff has no flavor what so ever wich makes it sensational for adding it to what ever you like. As far as mixability goes the powder is very fine not grainy.

Value 9/10
A container of this stuff is around 6 bucks which comes out to be around 20 cent per serving the reason why the value isn't a 10 is because it does not come with a scooper.

Overall, I recommend this product to any and everyone. Fiber is very important to maintain bowel integrity and health, control blood sugar levels, and Aids in weight loss. I plan on keeping this stuff in my arsenal of supplements because its cheap and effective.

July 7, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Digestive System
  • Mixes Great
    Fiber in your diet is an oft neglected area. To add a little extra Fiber I decided to try Optimum's Fitness Fiber.
    Effectiveness: 9 Taking this a couple times of day really helps digestion and you can tell when you've had a little too much. A couple of times I had to back off the amount because it started to work too well. Unlike some "tasteless" products, this tastes pretty good and you can put it in or on any food because it mixes well also.
    Value: 7 Even though I got this for $4.99 for 30 servings, I only gave this a 7 because in my opinion that's 16 cents more a serving that I have to pay for something they could've added to their Pro Complex or other protein powders.
    Overall: 8 This is another Optimum product that mixes well and does what it's supposed to do for a reasonable price.

June 14, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improves Digestive System
    • Mixes Great
    • Could Have A Few More Servings Per Container
    • No Insoluble Fiber
    Hey everyone im here with another ON review. I have been taking fiber supplements for a few months now. I can tell you what a difference it has made for me. Not only just going to the bathroom but have a general well being. but this product didnt really live up to my expectations.

Price=10 i gave the value a 8 because even though this costs only 5 bucks online you really only get 15 servings cause at 5g per serving you should double up.

profile=5 ok this gets a five because there is no insoluble fiber here? which means that most of it gets broken down way before it hits your colon. they need to add insoluble fiber in here. plus in this one the fist Ingredient is Polydextrose. that is not a good sign.

Taste=10 ok here is a big plus, one of the main problems with fiber is the taste but since there isnt any insoluble fiber here and its micronized there really isnt a taste so you can mix this with anything.

effectiveness=5 i felt a little constipated here. they have a slow digesting enzyme. so maybe thats it but I did not get the same comfort level as I did with the other brands.

Mixability=10 well i mean this is great here. mixes with just about anything with no problem

I would recommend this to anyone looking to try a fiber supplement for the first time. even though you only get 15 days or less with this its still only 5 bucks online you cant beat that. I would recommend Fiberlyze by Species Nutrition over this.

i just didnt get the same feeling as i did with other products. im sure i still received the benifits from this product but i wasnt happy with it. the fact that it doesnt have insoluble fiber brings the points down for this. but there is no taste, it mixes with anything, and its cheap. i still say give it a try.

April 23, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Curbs Hunger
    • Make You Feel Fuller
    • Improves Digestive System
    • Mixes Great
    • Great Value
      my diet was lacking fiber due to the fact that i don't eat much fruit or vegetables. so i began to search for a product that would help me achieve what i was looking for, i ended up coming across Fitness Fiber and decided i'd give it a try.

Nutritional Profile-per serving: 10 calories, 6g total carbohydrates and 5g fiber. very simple and basic ingredients, just straight to the point. Fiber Blend includes Polydextrose, Digestion Resistant Maltodextrin, Inulin, Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum, Psyllium Seed Husk, Gum Arabic.

Taste & Mixability: it's "unflavored", i know some unflavored products can actually have a bad taste or texture; but i never had any issues with taste or clumps, the consistency was smooth too as well and not gritty. i always mixed this with a protein shake(in milk) via shaker bottle or blender.

Effectiveness: is was awesome, i usually just added 1 serving(teaspoon) daily to my protein shakes either in the morning or post workout. the main thing that i did notice is that it helped put my digestive system back on track, keeping me more "regular"; seemed to improve stomach discomfort.

second added benefit to this is when i wasn't able to get a meal in due to my busy schedule, it helped keep me full for a short period of time. thus somewhat turning a regular whey protein shake into a slight meal replacement; not from a calorie, carb or fat stand point, just from the aspect of keeping me full until i could get a meal in.

Value: 195grams/30 servings for around $6 is a great deal to me, taking just 1 serving a day this lasted me a month.

Overall: this is a really good supplement for those who are lacking fiber or anybody that just wants to add extra in their diet, it's very affordable & effective. i would recommend this to everybody to try; regardless of age, gender or you're desired goals(cutting, bulking, maintaining, etc.)

February 24, 2011

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Curbs Hunger
      • Make You Feel Fuller
        All in all, this stuff is a great way to keep fiber in your diet at a great price.

This has been in my stack for a while now, and it will continue to be in my stack. It is a phenomenal source to get good clean fiber with no fillers, or any unwanted stuff in it.

It is flavorless, and can be added to pretty much anything! I have put it in my shakes, cereals, even on soft shell tacos that i make every once in a while. It works just fine and mixes easier than most things.

The only bad thing that I can think of is that it makes a mess! It is such a fine powder, that if it gets loose, it goes everywhere!

I take this with ON Pro Complex, and OEP, and switch from OEP to Jack3d. I don't plan on deviating any time soon from ON products, they never cease to amaze me.