CGT-10 has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Creatine > Blends

CGT-10 Reviews

By: Optimum

FORUM TOPICS

Creatine > Blends
CGT-10 is a Creatine Blend manufactured by Optimum. It features multiple forms of creatines to take advantage of the various features of the different creatines. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

CGT-10 has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Creatine > Blends

Only 6 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

December 23, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decreases Cramping
  • Glutamine
  • Not Much Water Retention
  • Strength Gain
  • No Measurement Scoop
  • No Scooper!
  • Sinks To Bottom
Alright here is a product I bought a while back after using the Nutrabio version of this blend.

Ingredients 9
It does have the purest form of creatine of Creapure, so that is one up of Nutrabio, but I am one of the few that is still unsure if that is the undisputed winner of creatine. So on to the Ingredients.

450 G Unflavored
Serving Size 2 Rounded Teaspoons(15g)
Servings Per Container30
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 5g 2%*
Creatine Monohydrate Creapure 5g
L-Glutamine 3g
Taurine 2g
Inulin(Fructooligosaccharides) 5g

Now if you notice the serving is 15 g but if you add up everything listed it comes up to 20g. ???

I see that the Fructooligosaccharides is actually a
alternative sweetener, I did learn that this is extracted from fruits and vegetables such as bananas, onions, chicory root, garlic, asparagus, barley, wheat, jícama, and leeks.

I also noticed on the berry flavored version of this there is additional 5 grams of sugar to it.

Mixability and dosing. 7
This stuff mixes pretty good but to be honest not near as well as the Nutrabio brand. This seemed to always sink and stick to bottom on most occasions.
Dosing was the same.

NO SCOOPER! -2
Why! I can not stand that! PUT IN A SCOOPER!. It says to take 2 rounded teaspoons. Well that is all find and dandy for normal people, but what about us OCD people! How big is a rounded teaspoon? I mean I can really pile one up! Or is it just a normal gentle hill on the spoon? Do I need to buy digital scales for my creatine?

Effectiveness 7-8
Now I did make steady progress on this, but I did not ever have that creatine feel that I normally get. I did not have that creatine fullness look either. There really is not much more to say about it. I just did not feel it as well as I have other creatine blends.

Value. 8
You can pick this up pretty much any where from 25 bucks to 14 bucks. I got mine on sale for 15 bucks including shipping. So I got a steal , but that was a one time event. Its a good price when you look at other creatine's that include creapure and with this you have the added L-Glutamine and Taurine.

Overall 8
Counting value and no stomach issues this is not a bad product but I think I will go back to my nutrabio even though the price is a bit more, it just worked better for me.

June 17, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decreases Cramping
  • Better Recovery Time
  • Keeps Endurance Steady
  • Not Much Water Retention
  • Strength Gain
    Ok I bought CGT-10 in my local sport shop just to give a creatine supplement a try as I wanted to break through a plateau. At first I was a bit worried because I though that it would cause bloating due to water retention. My worries were misplaced thankfully!

Effectiveness: 10/10: I took two scoops of cgt-10 approx 1 hour before my workout. I couldnt believe the effects even from first use. I went from a bench press max of 4 reps with 30lbs dumbells to a max of 15 reps with 50lbs. All other lifts went up by a similar amount and have remained even after a month of non use. It definitely helped me bust my plateau!

Taste: 9/10: I bought the Lemon and Lime flavour and mixed with water. Taste was fine, sorta like still lemonade!

Dosage: I only took this really as a pre workout. I did not worry about taking it after workout as I didnt want to run out that quickly! It still worked brilliantly though!

Value: 10/10: Only gets this because I have a deal with the local sports store, but still, not badly priced on the internet!

Side effects: I noticed no increase in bloating. This could be to the fact I was on OEP which acts a a diuretic though. I noticed less cramping too!
    Overall: I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a creatine product that doesnt cause excessive bloating.

April 27, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Recovery Time
    • No Measurement Scoop
    Just finished my first container of this product and decided that it's definitely worth reviewing. I believe this is one of the most underrated (in terms of popularity) products on the market, especially, given the fact that it's made by ON.

Why is it called CGT-10? Very simple, it has 3 main ingredients – Creatine, Glutamine and Taurine. Combined, they weigh 10 grams.

The profile is very simple – 35 calories, Carbohydrate 9g, Sugars 9g, Creatine Monohydrate 5g, L-Glutamine 3g, Taurine 2g. Some may complain about carbs but it helps you to absorb creatine. Speaking of which, all ON's Creatine is Creapure.

I am going quickly go over the main categories: Taste/Mixability, Value and Effectiveness

-------------

TASTE/MIXABILITY

-----------------------------

This product comes in 3 flavors: Unflavored, Lemon Lime and Wild Berry. There is no difference in Sugar/Calories, so I picked the Wild Berry one and that's the one I will rate for Taste. Well, it's pretty simple, the taste was exceptionally good. By the end of my workout, I couldn't wait to have my cold drink. No "chemical" flavor that you get sometimes with Glutamine or Creatine. Mixability was also above my expectations. Usually, with pure creatine, you always have just a little bit on the bottom of the bottle, which is fine, but makes you add some more water. This was not the case with this product. It always dissolved 100% in my water with just few shakes.

------------------

VALUE

-------------------------------------

$14-15 for 30 servings = $0.50 per serving.

Ok, this is the trickiest part. This is not your normal Creatine or Glutamine products; this is kind of a hybrid mix of both + Taurine. If you look at it from the perspective of Creatine only, its slightly over-priced, same goes for Glutamine, but if you add all three ingredients together, you get a hell of a deal of quality product from very good company. Now, I used CGT-10 strictly as my post-workout drink for recovery and gains. However, it has no protein, so you can't use this product alone; I also had to have protein shake to go with. Do you get a good Value out of it? I think you do, but again, you can't use this product alone as your pre-workout (no stimulants, no electrolytes, and no vitamin B) or post-workout (no protein).

---------------

EFFECTIVENESS

-----------------------------------

The label recommends using CGT-10 to add to your pre-workout or as a recovery formula. Like I said earlier, I only used it after-workout for a recovery and gains (creatine). It is very simple but effective product. High quality creatine (creapure) and couple extra amino acids did the job very well.

Overall:

I will certainly buy CGT-10 again. I am just starting my large tube of GreenMag, since I heard many great things about it, but I have a feeling I will be using CGT-10 again in very near future. One last remark, if you plan to use this product as a standalone, get the flavored version, if you plan adding it to to your pre or post-workout drink, get the unflavored one.

May 24, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Recovery Time
    • Glutamine
    • No Cons :)
    I have the Wild Berry flavor and it's pretty damn good actually! Especially if you mix it with a little Gatorade! Just make sure you shake it and slam it all down right away or you'll get a mouth full of grit like all creatines!

I haven't had a single noticable side-effect, just positive results.

I got it mainly for recovery, the creatine is just a bonus for me. And I'm usually pretty tolerant to energy drinks and such, but this Taurine gets me kickin. I use 3 TBSP in 4-5oz of water before and after-workouts. It works like a charm. Recovery is much quicker than with protein blends alone. And I don't get as sore either.

I haven't noticed really any exceptional gains or strength from it, but the little energy boost and recovery benefits are really what I'm looking for! Also does give your muscles a little boost which I'm certainly looking for!

Overall, if you're looking for help in the recovery/energy department, give it a try!

Exceptionally cost-effective.

April 1, 2011

• Slight Bloating
    Searching for a supplements to take when i was cycling off of Stimulants(Cellucor C4 Extreme) i came across CGT-10.

Ingredient Profile: Calories 35, Total Carbohydrate 9g, Sugars 9g(Dextrose), Creatine Monohydrate 5g, L-Glutamine 3g, Taurine 2g. nothing really special, very basic.

Taste/Mixability: i had the "Lemon Lime" flavor, it actually tastes like a very bland Lemon Lime Gatorade. that's not necessarily a bad thing, i'd rather have my supplements taste bland rather than too strong. when mixing this, some of the powder would settle to the bottom of the glass with a slight gritty texture, which is a normal thing due to the Creatine Monohydrate. i would just stir it once or twice before taking a drink of it.

Effectiveness: didn't notice anything too major here. it seemed to help keep my endurance at a steady level, slightly improving strength and recovery. although i would like to note that it did cause some minor bloating, wasn't really that bad compared to other Creatine Monohydrates i've tried in the past. still with any Creatine, make sure you consume enough water throughout the day, roughly around a gallon a day.

Value: i ordered 30 servings from AllStarHealth.com for $14.39. i would recommend taking atleast 1 serving daily(2 tea spoons) but if you chose to take it pre & post workout, it could effect the value some. but either way i still think it's a good deal.

Overall: i would recommend this if you're looking for something basic to add to your supplement stack, whether you're new getting into supplements or someone looking to take a product when coming off of stimulants. it's affordable, but don't expect mind-blowing results.

March 17, 2010

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Decreases Cramping
    • Better Recovery Time
      I was very impressed with my first container of CGT-10. It did not cause all of the bloating and gas that I usually get from this kind of supplement. I did notice better pumps and the ability to get a few more reps in after about a 1 1/2 weeks on the supplement. I really did not put on any extra weight with CGT-10 like I do with other supplements similar to CGT-10. Another excellent thing with CGT - 10 is the price. Very cheap for a month's supply. Also has a serving of glutamine and taurine with your full serving of creatine. Taste is good and the drink is relatively low carb. Overall I highly recommend this product for price, effectiveness, taste and little to no side effects!!