Amino Chewables has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Amino Chewables Reviews

By: Optimum

FORUM TOPICS

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Amino Chewables is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Optimum. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Chewables has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

Overall
Overall
3.0
  July 22, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Dont Need A Drink To Take Them
  • Very Convenient
  • Waste Of Money
  • Not Chewables
  • Poor Amino Acids Ratio
  • Worst Optimum Supplement
So being an Optimum product I went ahead and assumed it would be a good product. Well this would go on me for not doing my research. First off the product is not a chewable like many vitamins, it resembles an anti acid tablet with better taste. Next is this is the most useless ratio of Aminos. For 2 of these tablets your getting 1g of a multitude of Aminos. Just to put into perspective how low this is in Optimum's Essential AmiN.O. Energy there is 2.5g of Aminos per scoop plus another 80mg of energy blend. So to make a long story short there are much better products for around the same price out there.

Overall
Overall
2.0
  May 24, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste
  • Dont Need A Drink To Take Them
  • Very Convenient
  • Waste Of Money
  • Not Chewables
  • Poor Amino Acids Ratio
  • Worst Optimum Supplement
I only decided to give these ago because I got them free with hydrowhey. I have never tried any chewable type of supplement before & thought if any of them were going to be good that it would be Optimums as am a big fan of the rest of their supplements, & thought I would cross another one of the list. After having tried these I can know let you know that their a waste of money, & one of Optimum's worst supplements, you can safely pick up a far better amino acids supplement for around the same price or even cheaper (1 serving of Xtend, is 10 chewables). Don't get tricked into buying these just because their chewables.

Optimum amino chewables are micronized free-form amino acids.
Nutrition info: per 2 chewables
Calories = 10kcal
Carbs = 3g
Sodium = 20mg
Amino Acid Blend: Micronized L-Glutamine, L-Lysine HCI, Micronized L-Arginine, Micronized L-Leucine, Micronized L-Isoleucine, Micronized L-Valine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Threonine, L-Methionine = 1g

Chewables 3/10 – when I got them I thought that they were going to be like gummy vitamins or small chewy gummies, but their actually chewable tablets which are quite big, and not chewable at all, more like tar sticking to your teeth, and very crunchy.

Effectiveness 3/10- I basically took 4 servings a day just to use them up or otherwise I would have just left them laying there, I took one serving in the morning/pre/post/bed. I didnt notice any energy,the recovery I had with these was very poor, but they did help out a bit, but no were near the recovery I would have liked, I really only noticed it on leg days.

Taste 10/10 – This is the only good thing about the amino chewables, I got the lemonade flavour which were very enjoyable. I thought I was really eating a sweet, the taste is really amazing.

Price 5/10 – Their reasonably priced you can pick them up for around $17-$20. Each tub has 100 chewables which is 50 servings, but you can safely pick up a far better amino acids supplement for around the same price or even cheaper.

Overall – The best thing about these is the taste and that you don't need a drink to take with them, I would only recommend them if you have an inconvenient job or you're a student, these come in very handy by just keeping a couple stashed in your pocket. They can come in very handy if you want to keep amino acids following throughout the day. The only time that I would even consider buying these would be never lol.