Amino 2222 Softgels Reviews

By: Optimum

(Better than 57% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

PRICES
(150 ct) - [$0.16/ct]

Amazon
Amino 2222 Softgels is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Optimum. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

July 21, 2012

• Horse Pills !!
  • Pills Are Huge! Need Split Or Crushed
First I'd like to start of by saying that I love ON for there good tasting and effective protein powders. My personal stack is ON Pro Complex, and Gold Standard 100% Casein... but I am not here to talk about these two very great supplements. I gotta say this is my first review and I'd like to let anybody who is thinking about getting this product should just waste their hard earned money on something a bit better than these tablets.

So the only reason I'm giving this a ten is because it ran me about 18 bucks at GNC wich wasn't bad for my budget, and I guess you can say you get what you pay for. I'm not saying this is totally a bad product it may be convenient for those who are looking for a few more EAAs, CAAs, and NAAs.

I'll give this and 8 for effectiveness, I gotta admit i did feel a little boost on my recovery. I took 2 Titanic pills before my workout, and 2 more with my post workout Protein Shake. The reason I said Titanic pills was because these tablets are a bit oversized they were almost like horse pills, I had to chop these in half because I couldn't swallow them whole they are too big for me man . :s

So overall I'll give this a 7 since it did help me a bit with my recovery. Then again who needs to take these when you get enough Aminos from a well made protein like Pro Complex.:)The only reason i bought this product is to see if it help me recover a bit fast and it totally did, the only downside is again, HORSE PILLS. But if you think you can handle these than I'd recommend it for a recovery boost.

July 3, 2012

• Some Little Pump
    I bought this product for some extra amino boost and I wasn't expected too much.I took 4 softgels per day.On training day 2 before and 2 after workout and on non-training day 4 in the morning.Softgels are very big but easy to swallow.

---------------------

10/10 PRICE

-------------------------------------
    Price was cheap, especially for a well-known brand name.In EU i bought it for aprox. 19 euros for 300 softgels.No complains.

10/10 EFFECTIVENESS

------------------------------
    Effect of this aminos was very good on me.Aprox. 20 minutes after I took them I felt varm and releasing felling in my muscles.Recovery time was amaizing for me and I get even some very little pump.No complains.

10/10 SIDE EFFECTS

-------------------------------
    I didn't notice any side effects whatsoever such as stomachache, abnormal "waste" smells, or appetite affection.No complains.

10/10 OVERALL

------------------------------------
    I think this are the best amino softgels you can ever buy.They work very good on me and I belive they will work the same on everyone. I highly recommend them.

March 14, 2012

• Pills Are Huge! Need Split Or Crushed
    when taking these i wasnt expecting noticeable gains, if that make any sense? i was mainly taking them as an extra amino boost. i took 2 a day (1 in the morning and 1 at night) and on days i didnt lift i took 1 after lunch. THESE ARE THE BIGGEST PILLS I'VE EVER SEEN! i did notice that my recovery time was sped up a little and i gained an extra 2 lbs. more then i normally do. (not sure if it was just flucuating weight or actual gains because of the pill) but overall it's a great added boost to your amino acids.

VALUE 9/10 - extremely cheap, especially for a well-known brand name.

EFFECTIVENESS 7/10 - again, this was purchased with the intent to assist in my amino acids consumption, so i wasn't expecting serius results.

SIDE AFFECTS - 10/10 i didnt notice any sied affects whatsoever such as stomachache, adnormal "waste" smells, or appetite affection.

** overall, its a create assist for weight lifters looking for simething cheap with a health assist such as vitamins or amino's. (also has the same exact amino's as the whey protein)

March 4, 2012

• Pills Are Slightly Large
    I picked these up a while back at my local GNC after I already tried the liquid version of this product. Because of the unbelieveably sour taste that came from the liquid version I decided that pills would be my best option to avoid those awful after taste. I ran this product for a little over a month and this is my review:

Value : 8/10 - I bought my 150 count bottle for around $16.00 at GNC, but that was before I started looking towards online stores for my supplement shopping. Online you can get the same 150 count for a little over $10.00 and a 300 count for $21.00. Very reasonable price for this product.

Taste (Pills): 8/10 - The pills didnt have a taste but they definetely had a smell. I guess it might have been from the sodium but every time you opened the cap a strong sour scent would arise. Also, these pills are MASSIVE. I didn't go as far as crushing them but it did take a lot of water to get them down. Definetely one of the cons of this product.

Effectivences : 7/10 - It was hard to notice any huge gains with this product. It's definetely not something people would swear by, but it's for sure a great starter product for anyone looking for a cheap amino product. I can say that I did get a good nights sleep when I took these before bed and soreness was slightly relieved the morning following a workout.

Overall : 7/10 - The only thing really keeping this products overall ranking so high is it's cheap price and availabilty. If you take the caps based on the reccomend dosage on the label, you will find yourself running out of pills quicker than you should. I took mine just in the morning, pre-workout, and before bed. Not after every meal as it explains on the directions. If your looking to supplement your current amino profile then this product would be worth a shot.

January 25, 2012

• Banging A Meat Tenderizer At 5am Isn't Well Received
    Amino 2222 Caps is up for review. Keeping this concise for the readers.

I purchased these on closeout at GNC along with the platinum muscle building stack. It was expiring on 3/2012 so I got a great price.

We all know the value of amino acids to assist in the rebuilding and recovery. I personally do supplement aminos and BCAAs, however we get a sizeable amount already in our proteins, pwo, intras, etc...

Effectiveness: Gives you a "complete" amino profile of all the amino acids. Overall recovery is slightly assisted with use, as with any solid amino pill profile. Nothing great, but what is expected. You aren't going to set any PRs using these. I ran these typically 3-4 upon wakeup and then 3-4 right before bed. Hard to really just the complete effectiveness since most of us run multiple products have these aminos already include, however the 3-4 pre-bed did seem to help slightly.

Value: Given my deal on this, it is a bit skewed. Considering the price of the stack, I probably paid 4 dollars for this. However, given it's MSRP that value is about middle of the road. One thing I have been noticing is ON prices have been significantly rising over the past 12-18 months.

Taste/Consistency: I don't care how they taste, I don't rate on taste (unless it is intra). However I do rate on being able to ingest them. They are massive horse pills. I usually hit them with my meat tenderizer and then brushed them in my shaker. Banging a meat tenderizer against a cutting board at 5AM isn't well received by the lady in my life. They have recently revised the pill size to a smaller more manageable dosage.

Conclusion: Given that we get so much amino acid profiles in our pre, intra, especially post and then general shakes, it is hard to justify spending additional cash on this product. It isn't a bad product, in fact it I believe it is one of the better pill based complete amino products. However if you currently run multiple products that have BCAAs and complete amino profiles, I would seriously consider saving the money.

June 25, 2011

• Pills Are Slightly Large
    I finally finished my bottle of Amino 2222 the other day. 80 days worth of this stuff!

Product Description : Superior Amino 2222 Tabs provide a full spectrum 2,222 mg array of 18 essential, conditionally essential, and non-essential amino acids. These smaller, easier to swallow tablets provide 500 mg of BCAAs per serving with micronized amino acids for faster utilization. It's a superior blend of muscle-building Aminos.

Value : 9/10 - Believe it or not, right now on BB.com you can get 320 pills for 14 bucks, that is an unbelievable deal. I got it 3 months ago for 19 dollars, which is still amazing considering that it's an 80-day supply.

Taste/Pills : 8/10 - Pills don't have a taste, but they are pretty big white pills. I didn't have a problem with them being large, but I guess the company could change it up and make 3 small pills a serving instead of 2 large pills.

Effectivences : 8/10 - It's really hard to tell if a product like this is effective. It's the equivalent of rating a multi-vitamin, because in reality, you can go without either and you won't notice anything significant. My reasoning of taking this product was simply because I was going on cycle and I wanted to ensure that I was receiving all the amino acids that my body would Need To Build Muscle. It has an excellent line up of Amino Acids and I took two pills when I woke up, and two pills before my workout. I would like to say that my recovery in general has been better, but not by anything that's totally noticable. Also I didn't get sick once during the time I was on it while people next to me where catching colds, but that could be coincidence or that I just have a strong immune system in general.

Overall : 8/10 - I think for considering the price, this is a great supplement to add to any stack, and should be taken with multi-vitamins to ensure that your body has the amino acids and minerals necessary to build muscle. I trust ON as a company and enjoy their line-up of products in general. I've already bought another bottle to have and plan on just taking it everyday for the remainder of the year.

April 20, 2011

• Pills Are Huge
    Amino Acids are so important! As many of you know, Amino Acids are used to build the proteins that make up our body mass, they are essential!

ON is right on with this product. Just two pills contain 2222mg of essential and non essential aminos. I usually take one when I wake up and one before dinner. I skip out on taking one after workout because most post workout supps contain a ton of aminos (I'm currently using 2:1:1 Recovery).

Only complaint I have about this product is the pill size. It's not a big deal for me though, I know for others it is.

I picked up 320 caps at Vitamin Shoppe for only $13, it was a steal.

Overall, this product is a must have. It is so beneficial and priced ridiculously low!

February 5, 2011

• Speeds Up Recovery
      I have finished a container of 160 of these tablets and I have no complaints. I tipically took on workout days 2 before breakfast 2 before lunch 3 before a workout and 3 after. I noticed after I started using these that I was less sore during and after workout especially the next day. I don't think that these build a alot of muscle but in theory amino acids are the building blocks of protien and muscle and im sure they helped.
      I would use these in addition to a whey protien postworkout supplement to help build muscle.
      They are a great value, I got mine for about $9 at the Vitamin Shoppe.

October 7, 2010

• Pills Are Huge! Need Split Or Crushed
      great product! this is my first "ON" supplement. i got this awhile ago before i started taking seperate pills for exact/stronger amounts of acids that i needed in my stack (carnitine/BCAA etc). i had the tabs not the softgels. these were given to me by a friend who bought the "on stack" and he could not take the pills.

besides taking up most of the room in my pill box, these are the biggest pills i have ever taken by far. seriously nothing even comes close. but i had no problem swallowing them so no real points are taken away here but be warned most ppl i know could not swallow these pills without a problem.

price= 10 great when on sale.
      pill size=5 again i had the tabs and there could be a problem for most.
      profile=8 very complete amounts here i wish they did have more carnitine.

i didnt take the recommended does. i only took 2 tabs before dinner and noticed a little better "waste production". a plus to this is that i hate amino powders taste! so even if the pill is HUGE, ill take it.

i would recommend this to anyone who is looking to get even a little healthier. a complete amino acid will continue to be a part of my stack along with a multi/protein/omega's.

October 2, 2010

• Pills Are Huge! Need Split Or Crushed
      Optimum nutrition never lets me down! I feel that this is a great amino acid product for anyone looking for pills instead of powdered aminos. i picked up 2 bottles awhile back for about $35 dollars and just recently started using them. i pop two pills 4-5 times throughout the day to make sure my muscles are getting a good blend of aminos all day long. I can tell a difference in recovery and muscle soreness on days i take these. This product has definitely grown to be a staple in my supplement stack. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for amino acid pills. Although, if you can't swallow pills very well then this product may not be for you because the pills are quite massive. You could crush the pills up and put them in your protein shake (that's what i tend to do with my pre and post workout shake).