After Max has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Nutrient Repartitioners

After Max Reviews

By: Optimum

Growth Enhancers > Nutrient Repartitioners
After Max is a Nutrient Repartitioner manufactured by Optimum. It is meant to help the body use the macronutrients of protein, carbohydrates and fats more efficiently.

After Max has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Nutrient Repartitioners

• All In One And Convenient
  • Essential Ingridients
  • Mixes Well
  • Servings Quite Large
Having tried ON's 2:1:1 Recovery I thought it was time to try After Max as it suited my current bulking phase more.

After Max is a 1:1 blend of carbs and protein, and has all the essential ingredients rammed into it, creatine monohydrate, glutamine peptides and digestive enzymes. It's a very convenient product to have on hand after a workout, it will replenish those glycogen stores and kick off the repair and recovery.

After Max tastes awesome, I had it in Chocolate which tastes almost like melted down 'Maltesers'. Drinking it was always a pleasure, never a chore. It was not to sweet either as I would of expected. Consistency is a fine medium between thick and thin.

After Max mixes well and leaves no nasty lumps that is sometimes prone when making your own post workout shakes, especially with maltodextrin. A few stern shakes and your good to go!

The only negative point I have to say about this fantastic product is that the servings are large, so, if like me you need around 50g of protein and carbs post workout then you're looking at 4-5 large scoops, however, bare in mind how much is packed into this product. It is to be expected.

Overall, this is a really convenient product, saves me making up my own on a daily basis, has you covered for all your post workout needs. Pricey? Yes. Worth it? Definitely.

• Cray

Nice review.

Thanks buddy :)

• oTeej
    Rep: 0
    September 23, 2010

If I'm not on a bulk, would you suggest 2:1:1 recovery over this? Still trying to build muscle mass but I want to stay lean.

September 23, 2010

The nutritional values for 2:1:1 are certainly lower, especially in saturated fat content, for me personally, for a 'leaner' post workout I'd go with the 2:1:1. I have used 2:1:1 on my bulk too due to the quality ingredients, however, After Max suited my needs slightly more.

• September 23, 2010

Great review man really helpful. I feel like this product would go pretty fast considering 4 lbs has only 20 servings, is this true?

September 24, 2010

Thanks for the kind words, glad I could help!

I wont lie, you can get through this product fairly quickly and not even realise, however, seeing as it's main purpose is for post workout you will only be using it once per workout day, therefore - depending on how often you train, you should be able to get a months worth out of it (depending on how sparingly you use) - ON aren't the cheapest, but they're reliable and the quality is unquestionable.