100% Whey Reviews

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Makes Great Shakes

If you are new to supplement world, you can start from here.

Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard Whey is most well-known and widespread supplement throughout the world. I've not consumed any supplements before and felt a bit nervous when tried for the first time. After years of training and working on a sedentary job, I understood that I couldn't bear such lifestyle anymore and decided to give a try to something new. That's when I decided to join supplements world and decided to start with best-know/best-seller protein, rich enough of nutrients, naturally occurring Glutamine and BCAAs.

Calories From Fat 15
    Citric Acid
    Sucralose
    Aminogen
    Lactase

As you see it contains 24 grams of protein, a standard dose for most of whey products. Even tough Whey Protein Isolate is written largely on label, but still contains some portion of Protein Blend and it's not only one on market... Most of whey manufacturers do so. Also it contains 5.5 Grams of Naturally Occurring BCAAs, 4 grams of Glutamine and Glutamic Acid, which are completely enough to recover and promote muscle growth.

More than 20 Different Flavors are available, making it suitable for any taste and as a big lover of chocolate, I mostly consumed Extreme Milk Chocolate and Double rich chocolate, both very delicious! I mixed one scoop with 0.5 liters of water and drank immediately after work out, but still seemed a bit sweet for me. If you are looking for gaining weight, then 2 scoops are also good. There were some issues with mixability, I needed to shake very well, but never mixed with water completely and it was enough to leave shake for 30-40 minutes, sands like sediments appear at the bottom...

Very first thing that I noticed after drinking this powder was quick recover. I used to do heavy cardio and resistant exercises for Kickboxing three times per week, late night. Usually on rest days I still felt tired and had no desire to exercise, but ON Whey helped to rest well and I was ready to try some spartan workouts at home, in addition to this I was more motivated to go harder on following kickboxing classes. After purchasing second and large jar of protein, I converted to only weight lifting and my muscles started to grow much more easier than ever before and became noticeable to others as well.

I purchased fewest servings packet as an experiment for my body, costed $16.99 ($1.21 Per Serving). But since this is most widespread product for bodybuilding, uncountable number of deals and sales are available all over the world. For example, in my country you can purchase 146 serving for nearly $100 ($0.68 per serving) from local large supplements shop.

Side Effects

Caused bloating and gas after first use. I won't say this was ON's fault, because I'm lactose sensitive and I need to stick to protein powders which are either purest form of isolate (lactose free) or have added digestive enzymes. This is standard whey and safe for majority, but I absolutely dislike the idea of writing Whey Protein Isolate, while

Conclusion

This is obviously high quality protein powder and suitable for most of bodybuilders. But beware to purchase real and genuine ON product, as lots of fake powders appeared last years and you can see many articles and videos about them (differentiating) on youtube. Can't recommend if you are lactose intolerant or have any health issues, I'd prefer to use purest production of whey isolate. Meeting daily protein requirement is essential for burning fat, but it's label directly say: "For use as a dietary supplement only. Do not use for weight reduction", so I personally wouldn't recommend it as a meal replacement. Also it's the cheapest powder for it's quality, yes there are lots of cheaper products on the internet, but as I already mentioned several times, it's most widespread protein powder around the globe and much more discounts and cheaper ON Whey products are available at local supplements stores.
    • Extreme Milk Chocolate: 10/10