100% Egg Protein Reviews

By: Optimum

There are no available similar products.
100% Egg Protein is an Egg Protein Powder manufactured by Optimum. It is a highly effective and bio-available protein that is great for helping build muscle which can speed metabolism and also lead to fat loss.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

November 2, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Amout Of Protein
  • Bioavailable
  • Good Whey Alternative
  • Bad Taste;expensive
I've decided to switch completely to egg protein after developing sever intolarance to anything derived from Milk ( inlcuding Hydro Whey, isolated Whey, Casein ecc ).

I have at home now over 6 tubs to cover me protein needs.

Ingredient profile 9/10 :
Egg protein is has a very high biological value (BV),is non-Dairy, lactose free.
This means it is very easy to digest and the body can use most of it with no waste.
Each serving(32.5g) contains 24 g of pure protein, high in BCAAs.
It is medium a digesting protein, but i personally also take it after workout mixed with instantized BCAAs.
It has became my favorite source of protein, thanks to 0 sideffects. Even when i had no problems with milk, whey gave me almost everytime some gas and BAD farts.

Value 7/10 :
27 servings (2lbs) for 35 USD. Unfortunately it is quite expensive ....

Mixability 10/10
Mixes very easily, no clumps. perfect.

Taste 5/10 :
Sorry, but taste is bad. Both Vanilla and Chocolate have a very acid taste. Hope they are going to improve in near future

Overall 8/10
Excellent source of protein, with no bloating at all or stomach discomfort. Best choice for people who have trouble with Whey/milk derived products.

Downside : bad taste and quite expensive.

February 24, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Amout Of Protein
  • Bioavailable
  • Good Whey Alternative
  • Funky Taste
First, I chose Optimum Nutrition because I really like a lot of their products and believe they have quality ingredients. Secondly, I chose egg as my source of protein because i have get indigestion, stomach pains and nausea when drinking whey protein (all brands, all types).

Taste: 7.5/10
I bought the Rich Chocolate flavor and think the taste is as good as it can probably get. Although it has a bit of a foul smell and if you leave your shaker bottle unwashed for a day it smells like an animal died in your cup... so wash it! However, the taste is not awful and is definitively drinkable.

Mix-ability: 9/10
I use a blender ball shaker and I never have any clumps or protein after shaking vigorously for 30 seconds.

I have to say, compared to my work out partner that uses whey protein, I feel his gains are probably better than mine, but that can be contributed to a huge number of factors, so it's hard to tell if taking egg vs whey is the reason. However, I drink 48 grams 3 times a day and I believe it does add lean muscle.

Ingredients 9/10:
In addition to 24 grams of protein per serving, it has EAAs, CAAs and NAAs to aid in your covery. Some say egg protein is more bio-available than whey, but I'm not sure I believe either way. No lactose, obviously, and no sugar. It does seem to have a high amount of sodium per serving... about 420mg (18% DV) per 24 grams of protein. So if you take 2 scoops, 3 times a day like me then you met your DV of sodium intake in just protein.

At about $37 shipped and each tub (2 pounds) lasts me about 2 weeks, its a bit pricey. You definitely get a better deal with whey protein.

For someone that cannot drink whey, I think this is the best alternative and I trust ON's product line. If it was a bit cheaper I think I would be happier.