Alpha Brain Reviews

By: Onnit

FORUM TOPICS
Alpha Brain is a Nootropic manufactured by Onnit. It is natural supplement that supports increased mental focus and concentration.

Only 7 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

Overall
Overall
4.5
4.3
1.3
  November 28, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Crash

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
A little bit about myself, I am a full-time college student working toward a degree in psychotherapy. I would consider myself to be healthy, in average shape relative to the other college students in which I am constantly surrounded by. I run a mile daily, but as for any other forms of exercise, I seem to fall short. I think it is worthy of mention to note I was victim to substance abuse throughout my entire teen years, stopping when I turned 20. This is important to consider because it is one of the reasons I began my research into vitamins/supplements in the first place, and how I found out about nootropics (Alpha Brain) in particular, because I was worried I had notably did quite a bit of brain damage through the years, and was frightened the damage might be irreversible. This is when I can across one of the top google ads highlighting Alpha Brain as the cure-all, better than the rest, 'smart pill' if you will. The website (onnit) was quite impeccable and fascinating to the eye. Numerous sponsors (more notably Joe Rogan) , and scientific 'evidence' that convinced me to go ahead and give it a shot. If I am to be completely honest here, I found out about SR through the google search engine as well, after receiving an email from another company that offered me a free sample of the nootropic Smart Caffeine by Natural Stacks. I wasn't sure why I had received the email, so I googled (of course) and stumbled across SR, which seemed to be quite a tight-knit community as well as one in which people take things seriously. A big motivating factor to signing up and looking for companies who offer free samples for reviews, is that I am a college student, unemployed, and financially not very stable. Thus, after much research into nootropics, racetams, and other supplements, I found high hopes that maybe I had stumbled across something that could truly benefit me in life.

So that I don't make this too long, I also find it worthy of mention that I used to be 300lbs, and have finally made it to a healthy weight, in which I am very happy, of 150lbs. Though of course with that much weight loss, comes loose-skin. I truly want to get in better shape and tone out my body to increase self-confidence.

(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)

The ingredients in Alpha Brain seem pretty solid, with quite a bit of research done on most of them. The label itself, is most appealing. I do believe the ingredients in the actual product have much potential, but the amount of ingredient (as in milligrams), just isn't enough to truly benefit from them from research. Not only that, but when buying a per-formulated product like Alpha Brain, you're basically paying for people to research and put the products all in one pill, not really the actual contents in the pill. Upon receiving the product I conducted more research, and realized all of the ingredients are available online , in much higher quantities, for much cheaper then Alpha Brains current price for 30 capsules.

The label suggests that you consume no more than 3 pills per day, with the serving size being 2 pills taken with a light meal. If you are heavier, it says you can increase the dose to 3, but to not go over that. There isn't much taste, as they are all encapsulated. It suggests you take them in the morning, but also allows you to take it at night if your goal is to induce a lucid dreaming state.

The effectiveness for me just fell completely short of every claim the company had mentioned. The only noticeable effects that I did have, which very well could have been placebo- was one, somewhat vivid dream I had. I really didn't have any noticeable boost in energy, focus, memory, or attention, as well as sleep. Unfortunately I would say I really did not benefit much at all, though I really had high hopes.

Like mentioned above, the value of Alpha Brain really just is unfortunately a complete waste of money when you really look at it. You could truly buy each ingredient in the product at other sites for a fraction of the price, with much better results.

Side Effects

No notable side effects whatsoever were experienced by me.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I am sad to say that Alpha Brain really falls extremely short of its claims. I really wouldn't recommend it to anybody, but that is just the brutal truth. The truth is, everyone's body reacts differently to different substances, but mine didn't react at all. Hopefully future people looking into nootropics can benefit from my review and take some of my advice, especially if they can relate to any of my experiences listed above.

3.0
  August 16, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Crash
  • Improved Reactions
  • Increased Anxiety
  • Impatience
I have experience with a vast array of nootropics as well as most of the ingredients in Alpha Brain. I thought I'd shoot a few rabbits at once with this product by getting a taste of three ingredients I haven't previously had the chance to review - Oat Straw, AC-11 and Pterostilbene.

Alpha Brain offers a nice nootropic stack including some exotic ingredients unfortunately it doesn't live up to its name. Onnit invested alot in marketing this product and it being overpriced was quite expected.

Sad to say I haven't noticed any of the purported benefits but rather a decline in creativity and an increase in anxiety. I am a big fan of Huperzine both for memory and dream enhancement unfortunately the combination of ingredients in Alpha Brain made the side effects overpower the benefits. No dream recall or vividness improvement. Sleep was in fact a tad difficult for me even 8 hours after dosing.

The product was only used occasionally due to the increased irritability I experienced. It does awaken and speed up my brain though it fails to reach up to Modafinil in this department, but on the bright side it doesn't feel like a stim, and not shooting my heart rate through the roof I consider to be a quality. It feels more like my mind is running and at some point I give up trying to catch up, my patience is affected, sociability goes down as well as my productivity in cognitive tasks - quite the opposite of the intended use.

Having failed as a nootropic for me, I did notice an improvement that is worth mentioning which was not in my expectations when buying it but it's a reason I finished the bottle and that is the day after dosing my mental and physical performance while playing tennis is significantly improved. Instinctive appreciation of distance and speed is enhanced, physical reactions and overall play is better. I'm not that much into sports supplements and there may be better and cheaper out there but I would recommend this for playing sports if one does not mind the side effects.

June 28, 2013

• Heightened Ocd
    This product didn't seem to do anything for me. In fact, I suffer from OCD and anxiety and I felt like taking this actually heightened it a bit.

I took it off and on for over 20 days and wrote down each day when i took it, how much, and how i felt during the day. I can honestly say i felt better far more often on days in which i didn't take it rather than days in which i did.
    Could this be a latent effect of the nootropic? Perhaps, but unlikely.

I came into taking this product with an optimistic mindset as well, so if anything a placebo effect should have made me feel better while on it.

If this product did help me, it was in a very insignificant way, and definitely not worth the cost.

I wouldn't recommend this product, but the onnit.com promotion of a one month money back guarantee trial is worth it in my opinion. You have nothing to lose.

Overall
    Overall
    1.0
      May 30, 2013

Cons:
      As a 50 year executive with an MBA I have done a great deal of research on "nootropic" medications, their efficacy and how they actually work, trying to make a lucid benefit/risk assesment for their usage.

During my research I read several articles on "Alpha Brain" and how incredibly powerful they were and how much difference they were making with some users. As the ingredients were more supplemental in nature, and not pharmaceutical in nature, I opted to try them vs. an actual nootropic.

I am sad to say that after taking 1 bottle I have seen zero effect. No differences in my cognitive ability, ability to focus or any enhanced REM sleep. Their website states "Razor Focus", "Mental Drive" & "Lucid Dreams" of which I have experienced none of. While I cannnot state with any fact the supplement doesn't work, there are several posts around from satisfied customers, I can categorically state I have experienced zero benefit from this product, and thus cannot endorse it. Not only have I received no benefit, but as other reviewers have stated, it is quite pricey, overly so in my opinion.

In a nutshell, I recommend you not spend your money on this product. However, if you do, please purchase from the Onnit website so you are certain you get a full refund if you don't experience promised results.

Overall
      Overall
      2.0
        December 18, 2012

Cons:
        From all the "hype" on the internet and Joe Rogan (who has a stake in the company) I was super excited to try this product out! I am a college student and can seriously use some extra help when it comes to remembering things and being able to process things better.

Obviously I know there is not such thing as a magic pill that makes you smarter and I didn't expect that out of this product. I did, however, expect to feel something from this product. I was looking for some sort of ability to concentrate better than I would without the product. I wanted to be able to remember things easier.

Did this happen though?
        I'm sad to say that this product did NOT work for me at all. I began the dosage at 1 pill in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. That did nothing and so i Upped the dosage to 2 pills in the AM and 2 pills in the PM for several days. Once again, I did not even notice a difference. After this, I said, what the heck and took 3 pills in the morning and 2 or 3 in the afternoon only to receive no benefit.

This bottle costs $35, didn't yield any results FOR ME, and ran out in less than a week. I should point out that the company did refund my money as promised and I want to believe that Onnit Labs has the potential to be a legit company. They just need to consider reformulating their products and really think about the consumer instead of maximizing profits. Seriously.

I would not recommend this product, but with the money back guarantee the only price you pay to try this product is shipping. I'm not even sure paying shipping was worth it for me, but it's all good. I'm not too upset about it. Hope my review helps you out if you were looking in to this product.

*Please keep in mind that not everyone reacts to products like this(nootropics). This product didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you.

December 18, 2012

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Improved Memory
        • Improved Focus
          I discovered Alpha Brain through the Joe Rogan podcast. I was very skeptical at first, but I finally decided to try it when it was right there in front of me at the place I go to for Floating in Isolation tanks. I purchased the supplement and finished my first bottle and here is my review.Alpha brain is supposed to improve focus, drive, induce lucid dreams, and improve cognitive function in general. I've noticed while using this product that my thoughts are quicker, I can focus more on whatever task is at hand, and My memory has improved. The improvements are subtle and I didn't realize that it was finally taking effect until about a week after I started using it. I've had no terrible or noticeable side effects, and it doesn't taste like anything because I take it with water and a meal. Alpha Brain sells for thirty five dollars for a container of thirty pills. Thirty five dollars is a justifiable price, as this supplement did as it was advertised to do. Don't hope for a magical pill like the one in the movie "limitless" starring Bradley Cooper, the improvements are subtle and not as dramatic.

Overall
          Overall
          2.0
            October 26, 2011

Cons:
            I had two bottles of this stuff. 2 pills in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. I figured more than this is pointless as that dosage costs about $5/day!

Unfortunately I didn't feel any improvements. I wish I did as I was excited to try the product after the great reviews Joe rogan gave it. Later I learn he has a financial stake in the product. Great. Congratulations on hyping a product to the point suckers like me purchase it. Have a look at Onnit labs website and all their products are marketed around recreational drug use. Some other products include "shrooms" "roll on" and "roll off"' for those not familiar the latter two are ecstasy slang terms.

Credibility aside, save your money people. Take some b vitamins or caffeine for mental focus and concentration. I guess they over priced the product to give the illusion of high value or high quality. The juice is not worth the squeeze.