EP1LOGUE Reviews

By: Olympus Labs

EP1LOGUE is an Anti-Oxidant manufactured by Olympus Labs. It helps prevent the harmful 'free-radicals' that can cause cell damage in the body.

6.3
  July 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Muscle Pump
  • Strong Vaso-dilation

Impressive in terms of pump and muscle fullness but hard to gauge/need more in terms of muscle growth. A good stacker potentially.

I was on the hunt for a natural anabolic to assist me in rebounding from what I expected was going to be a detrimental family vacation (in terms of weight gain and muscle definition). I grabbed Epilogue with a plan to start it right after my vacation. This timeline meant I was stacking Epi with an AI for the first two weeks of the bottle, and running it solo for the final two weeks.

Admittedly, the profile of natural anabolic supplements is usually a mixed bag of ingredients, most of which have minimal or inconclusive research regarding overall effectiveness or appropriate dosages. It's not uncommon to run into ingredients that lack bio-availability or have the "potential" to serve as an anabolic agent. Personally I always take the claims of this category of supplement with a grain of salt.

Epilogue's profile is fairly basic, which is nice to see. I personally feel the simpler the profile, the more likely the supplement will be effective (for this type of product that is). A 17-ingredient prop blend never inspires me with confidence that a product is going to actually work, but again - just my opinion here

600mg of Green Tea Extract w/ Soy Phosphatidylcholine - strong natural source of epicatechin, which is also found in high doses in pure cocoa. Suppresses myostatin, a protein that inhibits muscle growth, thereby encouraging increases in strength and muscle mass. Studies show positive results in humans and mice with respect to strength gain and increased follistatin levels when dosing epicatechin, however injections are far more effective as epicatechin has a low level of bio-availability when dosed orally.

300mg of Vaso-6 - trademarked complex derived from grape seed and green tea extracts designed to promote blood flow and increase nitric oxide production. Nice to see this type of support in an anabolic supplement. This company also makes a bunch of other patented ingredients, namely TeaCrine and InstaAminos. The claim on their website is Vaso-6 leads to 50% vasodilation at a 300mg dose, but in the fine text it is stated the research was conducted on rats, not humans.

150mg of Urobolin - derived from the pomegranate plant with claims to improve protein synthesis thus promoting muscle recovery and growth. I was unable to uncover actual research related to this ingredient.

Three easy to swallow pills. No issues with powder burps or indigestion. I generally took my dose on an empty stomach on in the AM, regardless of whether I worked out or not.

The most noticeable effect I felt from Epilogue was, rather surprisingly, improvement in vascularity and muscle pump. I say surprisingly because I am not a vascular or veiny person. I'm lean, yes, but I've never had the body composition that lends itself to bulging veins. About two weeks into Epi, I noticed a constant marked increase in vascularity, primarily in the forearms. That and the pump I would get from workouts was significantly stronger than normal. I was getting full on aches and pump cramps every arm workout, so much so that my DOMS actually spiked. I was not running any sort of pump product during this time, so I attribute this fully to Epilogue. The Vaso-6 clearly did some work here.

As for strength gains, I admittedly am not an optimal tester for this type of product as I generally do not train for max strength. My workouts are hypertrophy focused with high reps and good form, and I rarely go to failure. I will say that, expect for flat barbell bench press, I did not have any drop-off in performance within a week of returning from vacation. I was lifting my standard weights in all movements. My bench did drop, but I've not consistently been benching with a barbell for the past few months regardless. DB presses and incline DB presses were in good shape.

For overall figure, I've been really happy with where I've been lately. Feeling lean and looking hard. I was surprised by how well I maintained weight and physique during vacation, and I've continued to make slight positive progress in those areas while keeping weight around 203. Do I think Epilogue assisted me in these goals? Absolutely. But I can't say with any certainty it significantly impacted muscle gain and, given the claims on the bottle, I was really hoping for more here even despite how I train.

One final note - I think running two bottles of this product, back-to-back, would be the optimal setup. Longer run times of epicatechin seem to produce greater results.

Natural anabolic agents are a mixed bag from a pricing perspective, not to mention that comparing wildly different ingredient profiles is also challenging. From my research, between $1.00 - $1.75 a day is to be expected for this category of supplement. At $1.67 per dose, Epilogue comes in on the high end of the price spectrum.

Personally, though I liked the supplement, the effects were not pronounced enough for me to justify that price point. A longer run time out of the bottle or a higher daily dose of epicatechin might change my mind.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Epilogue is an intriguing natural anabolic agent. Loved the pump and vascular boosts I got from this product but was looking for more in terms of actual muscle gain. Lots of potential here and, as stated, a longer run could yield better results (as could a more optimal training regimen). It's pricey and I wouldn't recommend to those on a tight budget, but for advanced lifters seeking a unique stack addition, Epilogue is worth considering. Ideally would like to see this at a lower price or with some type of BOGO deal.

July 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Strength

Ep1logue is a natural anabolic/muscle-builder that seems to work but likely shines with prolonged use and when combined with other natural anabolics.

I saw Ep1logue come across TROOPs and decided to claim it since I have been wanting to try an epicatechin supplement for awhile now to see what all the hype was about.

Ep1logue's ingredient profile is pretty straightforward. A 2 capsule serving contains:
600mg of Green Tea Extract With Soy Phosphatidylcholine (Standardized To 90% (-)- Epicatechin). This makes sense since green tea is perhaps the best natural source of epicatechin. Furthermore, the soy phosphatidylcholine component is supposed to significantly increase absorption (by 200-600%) of epicatechin. I have no idea if it works that well in increasing absorption it definitely can't hurt and any sort of lipid-based absorption enhancer is welcomed. Epicatechin normally lacks bio-availability so this is an extremely important addition. Epicatechin is main muscle-builder here, as it is purported to have anabolic effects without acting on the HPTA axis.

300mg of Vaso-6, a trademarked complex of Gallate-Enhanced Oligomers. Vaso-6 is claimed to boost nitric oxide production to 10x that of Citrulline. Hence, Vaso-6 is supposed to promote blood flow, vascularity, and pumps. That's a unique and complementary addition to a natural anabolic supplement. Furthermore, the GEOs are derived from grape seed and green tea extracts so its nice to get multiple effects from the green tea extract.

150mg of Urobolin, a trademarked extract of Punica Grantam (Extracted For 99% Urolithin B). Urolithin B is supposed to be even more anabolic than testosterone and 57% more effective than insulin in increasing protein synthesis. Now, those claims should be taken with a cup of salt (a grain just won't cut it here) but the takeaway is that this is another potential natural muscle builder that should compound the effects of epicatechin.

8.5/10
Since these are capsules, I will substitute taste and mixability for aftertaste and ease of swallowing. The capsules were slightly large but still easy to swallow and I never experienced any aftertaste. I dosed these at 2 capsules as close to 1 hour before my workout as I could. The bottle said to take them on an empty stomach (i.e. without food) and so I tried to prioritize that as much as possible over proximity to my workout. Originally I did not take this on non-training days because I misread the bottle but once I realized my mistake I started taking this midday or at night when I had an empty stomach. I felt that the dosing on this could be better because I find it hard to have a completely empty stomach at any point or for long periods of time, and I was always trying to do this to get the best absorption of a notoriously uncooperative ingredient. I don't know if Olympus Labs could really do anything to mitigate this but it would certainly be helpful.

I took this while taking a host of other supplements (check my log for more details) and within a week of use I noticed that I was setting PRs every time I stepped into the gym. That's not hyperbole either. However, I attribute most of those results to the arimistane I was running at the time. Of course I can't say for sure how much Ep1logue contributed, but I do have an idea. I reassessed my strength after both a week and two weeks off Ep1logue and noticed that while I was on arimistane, I still made PRs but I had to push a little harder to get them. This leads me to believe that while Ep1logue helped, it was minimal at best and certainly not the primary factor in the stellar run that I had. That being said, I am excited to try more epicatechin supplements in the near future as I believe that the anabolic effects are really felt with a longer duration of use.

I noticed some increased vascularity while taking Ep1logue but I also contribute this to the arimistane I was running alongside it. When I stopped using Ep1logue, but continued arimistane, I did not see any sort of regression/decrease in vascularity. Also I noticed that the pumps I experienced did not really compare to a pump pre-workout like the MTS Vasky I was regularly using. That being said, I tried Ep1logue pre-workout without using a pump pre-workout and I found that the pumps were better than if I had taken nothing at all. They certainly did come on quicker, harder, and stronger, but it was almost akin to using an under-dosed pump pre-workout supplement.

In short, I found Ep1logue to be a bit underwhelming but perhaps that was because of the arimistane I was also taking, even though I think it likely helped amplify the effects. I would be willing to give this another go with 2-3 bottles to use as I am curious as to whether or not the effects would be amplified with a longer duration of use.

6.5/10
I found Ep1logue from various sites for $49.99 for a 30 serving container. That's $1.67 per serving/day. In my opinion that is a bit too high for a natural anabolic supplement that is mild at best. Some products are worth the price when the its broken down per serving, but this is just not one of those products. If the effects were other-worldly then perhaps that argument could be made here but given its effectiveness, I would probably be willing to pay around $1.25/serving for Ep1logue.

Side Effects

I didn't experience any side effects while taking Ep1logue.

Conclusion

7.3/10
I get to a 7.3/10 by averaging the Value, Ingredient Profile, Taste/Mixability/Dosing, and Effectiveness categories as I believe that each of those is important with this particular supplement. That gives a 7.75 rating which I reduced by approximately 0.5 to account for the poor value which I believe could prevent this from being run for as long as it should be. Overall, I thought this was an underwhelming supplement that is probably best used in combination with other natural anabolics and may really shine with longer durations of use, if its cost doesn't prohibit that.

June 25, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Strength
  • Muscle Growth

EP1LOGUE did a great job at adding a decent amount of muscle thickness and making me feel and perform better in the gym. While supplements like these can be hard to judge sometime I do feel as though this did give me an extra edge over other supplements in terms of strength and overall anabolic boosts.

Whats up SR, sorry for the delay in dropping this review, life happens sometimes and we all fall behind. I chose to review this product based upon its unique ingredients and the claims made by the bottle. I train hypertrophy style workout in the early morning and am currently still doing a slight "cut". Shout out to Olympic Labs and the Trooper program for hooking me up as always, much appreciated.

So what exactly does this consist of and what are these ingredients supposed to actually do?

Phytofuse TM - 600mg (standardized to 90% epicatechin)
- Epicatechin is a flavanol derived from the cocoa plant and it is used to suppress myostatin (which is a protein that blocks muscle growth). So essentially by blocking myostatin we should see boosts in muscle growth. However Epicatechin is not generally very bioavailable. Olympus labs claim to have solved that riddle by using a different delivery system, which they claim can help increase the potency of Epicatechin by between 200-600%.

Vaso-6 - 300mg
- This is a trademarked ingredient used by Olympus Labs that claims to increase vascularity, pumps and overall muscle size. This compound boasts claims like increasing nitric oxide production 10 times more then citrulline.

Urolithin B - 150mg
- This compound has been shown to increase protein synthesis and therefore have boosts for muscle and strength while helping to stop muscle breakdown.

Overall I like this formula strictly from the standpoint that it is unique and uses several new and exciting compounds.

This is a capsule form product therefore taste and mixability are non factors. I will not that the capsules are of a very standard size and are easy to swallow. Dosing is 2 capsules before working out or 1 cap in the morning and one in the afternoon. On training days I took this before training, on non training days I split the dose as instructed.

Now for the important stuff, did it work? The answer is yes, it did. Now I am not talking gear level gains here by any means. Yet I did see a noticeable difference in muscle size and thickness, especially in my arms and shoulders. I found myself noticing my arms especially feeling and looking bigger, I do wish I had taken measurements before and after running this. More prominent then the increases I see from creatine. I did very much enjoy the vascularity boost, this became very noticeable during higher volume arm workouts when I would see all of the veins begin to pop and the pump kicked in. Strength saw some minor increases but seeing as how I was actually losing weight during the run of this I was not expecting to be going out and smashing PR's. Recovery and endurance were both non issues for me as I usually don't have much trouble with those aspects in general so that is pretty hard to gauge for me. In conclusion I did see some nice gains while taking this product and for those reasons I give this a solid effectiveness rating.

This retails for an average of $49.99 for a 30 day supply, giving it a price of $1.66 per serving/day. This is a pretty high price point for a non foundational supplement, but for the results I saw I am not mad about the price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion you can mark me down as a fan of EP1LOGUE, I saw some nice boosts in muscle growth and loved the added vascularity during my workouts. While this is not on the level of actual anabolic's (which I have never used but know from friends) its a solid option for someone who wants to stay "natty". The high price point isn't my fave, so keep an eye out for deals, I do know its cheaper if you buy it in a stack with other products. Well done Olympus Labs.

March 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Strength
  • Good For Cutting

I'm a competing powerlifter trying to slim down before I start filling out my weight class. I train 5 days a week (currently doing Jacked N Tan 2.0), and my basic stack is pwo, creatine, fish oil, joint support. For the most part, I've had a lot of success with Olympus Labs, so when Ep1logue came out, I was excited to try it. It is a "natural anabolic" and is supposed to be good for cutting/recomping.

Olympus Labs is known for its innovative products and Ep1logue is no different. Here, we have:

Phytofuse TM 600mg (standardized to 90% epicatechin) - OL uses a special delivery system called phytofuse to improve the potency of its products. You may see the term attached to different ingredients.

In Ep1logue, it is attached to epicatechin, an flavonol that is used to promote muscle growth, strength, insulin sensitivity, etc. The researched dose is 2mg/kg bodyweight, so we have a very large dose here.

Vaso-6 300mg- Vaso-6 is a trademarked ingredient from Compound Solutions. It is used to increase blood flow, vasodilation, and muscle mass. This ingredient first appeared in Reign, and I suspect will become more common in supplements in the next few years.

Urolithin B 150mg- UroB can improve protein synthesis and inhibit protein breakdown, which is very good for building muscle. So far, I have only seen it in OL's Ep1logue and Massacre.

This is a pill product, so there's no taste or mixability. The pills are of medium size and are easy to swallow.

I took two capsules (a full serving) on an empty stomach before training. I did not take it on off days although the labels says you can.

The label claims on Ep1logue are bold, so I set the bar for this product pretty high.

According to OL, I should see increased muscle growth, increased vasolidation, endurance, and recovery.

I will hold judgement on the muscle growth claim for now as 6 weeks is not long enough to know how much (if any) muscle I have build, but I can say that I saw increased strength, vascularity, and leanness after using this product.

I keep a detailed training log, and I took pictures weekly to measure my progress. I added 35lbs to my total in 6 weeks, which for me was very good progress. I do not know how much of this progress was Ep1logue and how much was everything else, but I do think this product was beneficial.

I saw increased vascularity in my shoulders, forearms, and calves, but I did not get a lot of muscle fullness.

Although I only lost a few pounds over the past 6 weeks (170 > 167lbs), I became visibly leaner, particularly in my arms and legs. The physique improvements were my favorite aspect to this product.

I'm not so sure on the endurance aspect as I don't do a lot of cardio. Endurance was not an issue for me, but it rarely is. My recovery was also normal. I don't think I saw much there from this product.

Overall, I would stay it was pretty effective (8/10) probably more so for strength/leanness vs. the other aspects.

On its own, this product is expensive. It can retail for $45-50. I was able to save by getting in a bundle with Massacr3, so I paid about $34 for my bottle, which I thought was a fair price. $45 though is just too much for an "extra." All supplements are extras, but for me, a natural anabolic would not be on the top of the list when it comes to building a stack.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Again, we have another solid product from Olympus Labs. I would recommend this for lifters who can afford a "luxury good" as it were.