This product has been reported as discontinued.

Energy Supplements > Nootropics

Elix1r is a Nootropic manufactured by Olympus Labs. It is natural supplement that supports increased mental focus and concentration.

This product has been reported as discontinued.

Overall
Overall
9.5
  April 20, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Focus
  • No Crash
  • Prop Blend

I'm a powerlifter and an online coach. I train 4-5 days a week with fairly high intensity and volume (usually 2-3 intensity days and 2 volume days each week). I use a variety of supplements: protein, pre-workouts, nootropics, general health supplements, etc.

Elix1r does not have a lot of ingredients, but the ones it has are all good.

Bacopa Monnieri Extract (450mg) This is a nootropic that comes from traditional Indian medicine. It can reduce anxiety and improve memory, and unlike most nootropics, has shown to benefit young people as well (many nootropics have only been studied on the elderly or those with illnesses that can impact cognitive function). A standard dose is 300mg w/ 55% bacoside content. Elix1r has 450mg w/ 45% bacoside content, so it's a pretty good dose.

Caffeine Anhydrous (300mg). Pretty self-explanatory in my opinion. 300mg is plenty of energy for most people.

Sensoril (125mg). Sensoril is a trademarked form of ashwagandha, a very good adaptogen that also comes from traditional Indian medicine. It can reduce anxiety, cortisol, cholesterol, and increase power output to name a few benefits. I wish there was more Sensoril.

It's marketed as 8 times as strong as traditional ashwagandha, so 125mg should be the equivalent of 1000mg ashwagandha. That's enough to get some benefit, but I would love to see 250mg here. They are reformulating Elix1r, so maybe my dream will come true.

Galantamine 4mg- I had never seen this ingredient before. It's used to treat dementia and Alzheimers. It was also patented by the US Army as a treatment for nerve gas poisoning. I'm not sure how applicable this ingredient is to the average lifter, but it's interesting to say the least

Sensory Blend: ALCAR, Alpha-GPC, J. Regia (1.8g)- Unfortunately, this part is where the proprietary blend comes in. Olympus Labs is the only company that uses J. Regia extract and they always put it in a prop blend to try and disguise how they are using it (they also don't disclose the extract).

It's not too much of an issue here since they disclose the caffeine amount (they didn't in Conqu3r Unleashed). Even with the prop blend, I think that each ingredient is fairly dosed.

J. Regia is similar to DMHA (although not the same), so there's probably 100-200mg of that. This leaves 1.6g for ALCAR and Alpha GPC which is plenty for both. You want at least 500mg of ALCAR and at least 300mg of ALPHA GPC and there's enough for double of that.

I can only speculate as to how the ingredients are divided, but it looks like Olympus Labs didn't short change us on anything.

If you've seen my other reviews, then you know I've taken issue with OL's flavoring's in the past. Elix1r is their best tasting product in my opinion. I give their Majestic Red flavor an 8/10. It tastes like cinnamon candy.

The mixability is okay. There's a little residue on the bottom but most of it mixes in.

One dose is 2 scoops which is easy enough. I weigh out my supplements, and I noticed that I usually need more than 2 level scoops to get a serving. I need 3-4. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be a heaping scoop or not, but you may want to weigh it out to make sure you are getting the amount that you want.

One serving is 5.64g

One word: Amazing! I had a great time with Elix1r, and I'm glad I grabbed 2 tubs cause the first one went fast. The energy was terrific. The focus was laser sharp. I usually used Elix1r pre-workout, and it was great for my harder workout days, e.g. squat day or deadlift day. The energy was long lasting 90 minute to 2 hour workouts were no problem and unlike DMHA, I never had a crash afterwards.

Elix1r builds up on you. I take it when I first get to the gym (after I weigh in) and maybe 20-25 minutes in I really start to feel it. This is perfect for me since I'm kind of slow on warming up, so the energy comes right when I need it to.

This is a nootropic, so there aren't any pump ingredients here, but it still makes for a great pre-workout. If you do want some pumps, just add a scoop of Noxygen or some bulk citrulline.

Right now, Elix1r is cheap. If you get it from the Olympus Labs website, you can get it for $19 a tub using their springcleaning coupon. They are reformulating it (and re-flavoring their entire line), so I'm not sure how much longer they'll have this version, but I'm sure the next version will be just as good if not better.

The value is great. $19 for 30 servings.

Side Effects

Conclusion

What else can I say? I love Elix1r. It's a solid product at a great value, and I can't wait to see the new version of it when it comes out.
  • Majestic Red: 8/10