Beef Protein Reviews

By: Olympian Labs

Protein > Beef Protein
Beef Protein is a Beef Protein Powder manufactured by Olympian Labs. It is a common, animal based alternative to traditional dairy based protein and is good for those who cannot tolerate dairy based products. The additional dietary protein can increase lean muscle tissue and increase fat loss.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

December 5, 2010

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Ingredients
  • Beef Protein
    Honestly I've never heard of this brand until I was wandering around the Vitamin Shoppe looking for a cheap protein because I've been running low on money lately. I've heard of Beef Protein before from brands like Carnivor, although I've never tried it, I've heard it was a good choice. The fact it has no cholesterol in it is a huge plus, because my cholesterol is awful and I have to be picky of what I put in my body. I'm used to whey protein, as I usually buy that, and it has quite a little bit of cholesterol in it..so this was refreshing.

It was around 17 dollars at Vitamin Shoppe on sale, so I decided to give it a try. I got the chocolate flavor of this. When I opened it up, it smelled wayy different than most chocolate proteins. It had a VERY strong cocoa smell..almost like pure cocoa powder. I love the smell of cocoa, so this was nice and different. The taste is actually not that bad at all. It's better than Optimum Nutritions chocolate in my opinion and the texture was actually really thick mixed with water.

The powder stuck to the side of the blender a little bit..but most protein powders do that, so I don't really hold that against it. I noticed the same recovery with this protein, as I did with whey protein..but I think they're both equally great sources of protein, so I'm not really comparing the two.

Overall this is a great protein! It's cheap and tastes pretty decent,different! The only downside is, it's a pretty small can. It only lasted me a few days. Another downside,which is with most proteins, is horrible smelling gas. Whey Protein occasionally causes this with me but this Beef Protein made my gas smell DEADLY..LOL. But really I don't care about that much..regardless I'm getting high quality protein. I would recommend.

August 11, 2010

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Ingredients
    • Beef Protein
      I decided to pick this up after reading a review here on SR.com by steelforce. I must say that this product is a hit with me. After trying Carnivor from MuscleMeds I was kind of turned away from Beef Protein thinking that it was the best that the Supplement Houses could offer... I was wrong. When I first purchased it I was at a Vitamin Shoppe and I was going all over the place looking for it. So I broke down and asked the guy at the front and he went to the soy, egg and hemp protein section. That kind of confused me but there it was. I believe this stuff is aimed at Vegetarians but I might be wrong. It just wasn't among the other tubs with flashy labels with lofty claims and sky high prices. First thing that hit me was the taste. Since I am used to drinking black coffee this surprised me with the same feeling. Expecting a chocolate flavor only to be greeted with this sensation of coffee may throw some people for a loop. But as I said I'm used to this taste so I did start to like its chocolate coffee type flavor (It is strong so heads up).The powder itself mixes well but kind of foams up like Carnivor, which made me believe this really was a Beef Protein (I'm skeptical about everything), only not so extreme like Carnivor as to where you would have to wait a long time before it settles to be able to drink it. Mixability is fine. Results are still unknown because you only get a pound of powder but I felt good after consuming it. No bloating, no feeling weighed down and digestion was easy on the gut. This has a good looking amino acid profile and the fact that you get 23g of protein in only 28.5g of powder is very impressive. No cholesterol no sodium (good for us older guys) 2g of carbs and 2 mg of sugar? This is unheard of. In my researching for good products I have heard that a protein with a high biological value like this one (98%), and maybe IsoPro and Isopure, helps in nitrogen retention. What exactly that is I don't know but MuscleMeds splattered that all over Carnivor as if they made Carnivor to do just that. All in all a great product I rated it a 9 overall just because of the taste. As stated before it is overwhelming at first but I started to like it and I just picked up another tub yesterday so that should say something. Seriously, as a big steak eater I'll take a 16oz. strip over a shake any day but I ain't gettin any younger and I gotta watch it. At least, with this, I can get the good stuff out of steak...... I'd still prefer angus.