Tripact Protein Reviews

By: Nutrology

Protein > Blended Protein
Tripact Protein is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by Nutrology. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

July 29, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Taste And Mixability
  • Better Overall Health Support
  • Decent Protein Content
  • Ideal For Anytime Of Day
  • High Cost

Revolutionary? I can't say, but this is without a doubt, one of the best "health" products that I've seen. Most of us stick with traditional bb type proteins found but there is a whole other market that I call healthy proteins for people who are looking for more "natural" eating choices. You know the type; people who shop in health food stores and brands like Garden of Life, Nature's Plus or SunWarrior. These proteins typically focus on whole food diets and are blended with a variety of plant and animal based products with other "healthy" additions such as spirullina or maca. In my opinion there's two major drawbacks with these products: Cost (they are fiendishly expensive per pound) and protein content (typically extremely low protein % per serving). So I was excited to try this when I looked at the label and saw 25g protein per 34g serving.

This is a blended product. The primary whey blend comes from grass fed concentrate and isolate. Next up is a mix of pea isolate, rice concentrate, spirulina and barley with a bunch of other additions such as enzymes, bacteria, green tea, flaxseed, and maca. There's also some maltodextrin but it's at the very end of the ingredient list so I'm not so concerned.

Overall it's 34g per serving: protein: 25g, carbs: 4g and fat 1.5g (thus less than 4g of additives/fillers) That's more than respectable and any clean advocate should have no issues with this. Like the label says, it's sugar free and gluten free, derived from non GMO grass fed whey (a topic I really don't have an opinion on except to say that I do buy into the glutathione argument).

For a pproduct that has plant based proteins in it,m this mixed up amazingly smooth; typically they tend to be gritty. Drinkability is a big plus for me, since it has to be palatable. What good is a product if you don't lok forward to taking it on a consistent basis? I had the vanilla latte and it had a nice full vanilla flavor with a touch of cinnamon - very nice. And unlike other proteins with spirulina - it didn't turn into pond water, lol.

I took this using either 1 or two scoops, at any time of the day. I found it to be a great breakfast alternative for me.

Like any protein, the effectiveness is rather hard to judge except when it goes away or gives you terrible digestive issues. I had none of those with this product. Recovery was still excellent (although that's my diet and rest more than anything else). No major gas or stomach issues. So I found this to be a very excellent choice for me to through into my daily routine. I also found it to be a great base for making smoothies - just add in some fruit, cashew milk, kale or spinach and I was good to go.

Although anecdotal, I also felt that this provided a better sense of fullness and satiety - which is really great for trying to keep total caloric intake down a bit.

ok, like all health proteins, this takes a hit on value simply from the $20/pound price tag. A 3# jug goes for $59.99. That's not cheap, although it is basically inline with what other grass fed whey products sell for. Maybe a bit higher since you can get New Zealand whey from True Nutrition for around $13/pound. But it is basically the same price as SunWarrior with more protein content. So value here comes down to what it's worth to you to switch to products that promise to support better overall health. I look at it a bitter differently - since I'll pay $12/pound for Muscle Feast, I merely ask is it worth the additional $8/pound for this product. And since it doesn't have to be an either/or proposition, I said sure, I'll give it a try and use both in combination since I always keep an MRP type protein on hand for during the day. But at the end of the day, this is a Cadillac product - value is going to be very subjective.

Conclusion

I'm all about making higher quality choices in my food and supplements. While this wouldn't be my go to post workout protein (Muscle Feast still holds that spot) this is seriously a wicked good choice for added protein intake during the day. If these kind of "healthy" products appeal to you, then I highlly recommend you give this a try over some of the more health store oriented brands. It's jsut as healthy (if not more) than those, better price and higher overall protein content.

June 30, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixability

I Received this throught the TROOPS program and was using it to help put on lean mass and get a little extra greens and probiotics thoughout the day.

The Profile is listed on Abaileys reviews so I wont sopy and paste it again, but what you have here is a 34gram Scoop with 25 grams of protein the protein is a blend of Grass Fed Whey and severeal other plant based proteins. You also have added in there BCAAs, Greens and Superfood Mix, Probiotics, and 4.8 grams of glutamine. My only complaint is that it lists 1 serving of Greens and Superfoods, what exactly is 1 serving of these I would like to see some kind of number, not a huge deal though.

Taste- I received the Chocolate Milkshake flavor and it was quite pleasant I used water, 2%milk, and almond milk and honestly the taste and consistency didn't alter much. It did have that slight planty taste to it as an aftertaste, but with all the extras in it would be hard to completely mask everything. Overall I never dreaded drinking it, but I wouldn't just sit around and sip on it either.
Mixability- Always used a blender ball with around 10oz of liquid, after about 10 seconds of shaking it was completely dissolved no clumps of grit.
Dosing- The recommendation says in the morning, around workout, bedtime, or anytime you need to get an extra bit of protein. I personally used it at 2 scoops a day immediately upon waking and at bedtime.

Protein effectiveness especially over a month period is kind of hard to judge, but I feel like this was a quality protein, does the grass fed make a difference? Im not positive but im sure there is something to it. As far as the extras go I will break them up into a few categories.
BCAAs and Glutamine- A lot of proteins claim to have these added in them but the amount here is dosed pretty well in my opinion. I noticed a decrease in DOMS and never got sick during the run. I cant say this is the reason but I thought it worth noting.
Greens, Superfoods, and Probiotics- While on this I noticed that I had some of the most awful gas. Every gym person has experienced protein farts but this was on a whole nother level. That being said I would use the bathroom a couple times a day, had a couple gas issues, and that was it, never in the tub did I have any painful cramps or severe bathroom issues. I also felt this gave me a little more energy throughout the day.

Here is where the product will take a dive for me, at $75 a tub/40 servings that is steep even with the added in extras. Coming to a $1.87 a serving for protein is too much for me. I honestly couldn't see myself buying this unless 1. it came on a big sale or 2. A few more retailers picked it up and made the pricing a little more competitive. As it stands you can get quality protein but several reputable sources for a fraction of this cost and add in extra glutamine and greens to your diet or dirt cheap as well.

Side Effects

Sllght but potent gas

Conclusion

In conclusion I greatly enjoyed the run with this product and felt it really helped a lot with me hitting my macros and digestion. I just hope they can get the price down a little so more people have the chance to see what a great product it is.

June 27, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Mixability
  • Taste
  • Increased Bathroom Trips

Thanks to Nutrology and the SR TROOP program for giving me the opportunity to try out Tripact Protein. I really enjoyed this stuff and tried as much as possible to use it as directed on the label. I had the chocolate milkshake flavor. My routine is mostly power-lifting type workouts 5-6 days a week. Im 64, around 260 and 31 years old. I used this product a lot as a substitute for breakfast, which I will talk more about later, as well as post-workout and pre-bedtime.

These are the statements right off the bottle and website:
Tripact Protein is a superior protein blend enhanced with 5.4G BCAA and 4.8G GLUTAMINE per scoop. Each serving provides 25 grams of high quality protein from Non-GMO Grass Fed whey concentrate and isolate, pea protein isolate, rice protein concentrate, greens, superfoods, probiotics and digestive enzymes. Tripact protein is sugar free, gluten free and contains only 130 calories per serving. Great for CUTTING, TONING or BUILDING and versatile enough to use as a meal replacement, post-workout or before bed as a night time protein.
Serving Size: 34g (1 scoop)
Servings Per Container: 40
Calories: 130 15 from fat
Total Fat: 1.5g
Cholesterol: 35mg
Sodium: 90mg
Potassium: 170mg
Total Carbohydrates: 4g (1g fiber 0g Sugar)
Protein: 25g
Other Ingredients: Whey Protein Blend (Non-GMO Grass-Fed Whey Protein Concentrate and Isolate), Lean and Green Protein Blend (Pea Protein Isolate, Rice Protein Concentrate, Organic Spirulina, Barley Beta Glucan Flour, Amylase, Lactase, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Green Tea Extract, Grapeseed Extract, Flax Seed Powder, and Maca Extract), Cocoa Powder, Maltodextrin, Natural Flavors, L-Glutamine, Xanthian Gum, L-Valine, Sucralose.

Lots of extras packed into this protein product. I looked into the benefits of grass-fed whey versus grain-fed, and it seems like the big pushers for grass-fed are that it contains about six times more CLA and has a better omega 6/omega 3 ratio. If you are big into the effects of CLA and really pay attention to your omega intake, then you will probably like this. Not a huge deal for me. This product also contains the Lean and Green Protein Blend, which is supposed to provide you with your greens and superfood servings. Also a nice dose of probiotics, flax seed, grapeseed extract, green tea extract, etc. Again, some people are really big into that stuff, so its a nice addition, but also I believe it to be a reason for the price of this product. You have probably caught on by now that they really packed in a lot of stuff to this product, gearing it as a sort of all-in-one protein. Ill talk more about these ingredients and their relationship to the price of this product later on. You also get 4.8g of L-Glutamine per serving, so if you use this product as directed, you get upwards of 20g+ of glutamine a day, which is about what the average person probably shoots for if they supplement with Glutamine.

All in all I feel that the ingredient profile fits the product claims pretty well.

I used this product exclusively with cold water, as I dont drink milk very often if at all. I had the Chocolate Milkshake flavor, and I found the taste to be above average. It certainly wasnt the best thing Ive ever tasted, but I found it to be in line with everything you are getting from the product. It was a pretty sweet taste, with that fake-sugar type taste being prominent. But I still liked it. Mixability was great every time I used this. I used in an electronic vortex mixer, a normal blender with the blender bottle, and a bottle with no blender ball in it. It mixed extremely well in every situation. I would mix 1 scoop with 8-10 oz of water and usually double that if I used 2 scoops. I was very impressed with how easily it mixed, because it comes out pretty thick, but with no clumps at all. The recommended dosing is 1-2 scoops up to 3 times a day. This is how I used it since I got it through the TROOP program. Sometimes I try to make my protein powders last a little longer by substituting with real food, but I wanted to use this how they say to. That being said, it didnt last very long. 40 scoops in the container and I was using 3-6 scoops a day. Yeah.

Personally I find it hard to judge the effectiveness of a protein. The best thing about this product was its ability to curb my hunger. I used it regularly at 2 scoops in the morning, and it filled me up for several hours, sometimes more. I was very impressed with this. And I did feel a bit of a boost in natural energy, probably due to some of the added ingredients. I found its effectiveness matched the product claims. It did work as a great meal replacement, I used it post-workout and felt satisfied, and when I took it before bed, it did not keep me up at all and I slept normally, and didnt wake up starving. Based on all this Id rate it pretty high for effectiveness.

Yeahhhhhh. This is the section Ive been fearing getting to. They claim this product to be a GNC exclusive, although I was unable to find it on their website. The only place I could find it was Amazon.com, sold by Nutrology themselves, and they are asking $74.99 for the 40 serving container. Yikes. $1.87 a serving. Ill use musclefeast whey isolate as a comparison here, as I consider that to be a premium protein product. Before any sales at all, which we usually get, a 5lb tub from musclefeast comes in a $1.03 a serving. Pretty big difference here. My dilemma though is that you are getting a lot of added ingredients that many people like in the tripact protein. I personally would not pay this much extra for all that, but after contemplating it a lot, Im not going to severely knock this product on value. Its certainly not great, but I really think it depends on how you look at it and a persons preference.

Side Effects

The only issue I had here was increased bowel movements. I kind of expected it though after how many scoops I was using a day, plus the flax seed and other added ingredients. I had a few scares that required a swift run to the toilet, but I never had any accidents.

Conclusion

This was an awesome product to try. I really enjoyed it and honestly, I wish I had more. Unfortunately, I cant bring myself to spend that much on a 40 serving tub of protein. If money was no factor in my life, I would use this product regularly. I think they have an excellent product here, but maybe need to find a way to re-work it a little bit to get the price down. The company seems to have it together with the ingredients they use and I think that all the product claims here were met. I would recommend this product if you are willing to shell out the bucks. Thanks again to Nutrology, SR TROOP program, and everyone that made it to the end of this one!