Beet Natural- All Natual Pre-Workout Reviews

By: Nutrology

(Better than 43% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

Beet Natural- All Natual Pre-Workout is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Nutrology. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Thanks to Nutrology for sending it out!
  November 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • All Natural Ingredients
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Long Lasting Clean Energy
  • Great Pumps
  • Nothing Artificial
  • No Crash

i wanted to try something without too many stims and natural and read awesome stuff about beets!

Beet juice powder 3000mg - this is the main reason that i wanted to get this, i saw that beets are actually filled with nitrates to boost NO and enhance performance

Creatinol-O-Phosphate 1000mg - could not find much on this ingredient, but from what I can see, once absorbed by your body it does act like creatine and helps performance.

Beta Alanine 2000mg - one of my favorite ingredients for pre workout, it's main use is to reduce muscle fatigue and increase muscular endurance, and I do enjoy the tingles you get from this as well lol some people do and some don't. Normal doses range from 2-3.2g's

Yerba Mate (20% caffeine) 1250mg - this is a natural energy booster and supposed to help burn fat

7.5/10
So i thought the taste of this was DISGUSTING at the beginning, but I did start to not mind it towards the end, I've never eaten beets before but I'd imagine this is how they tasted with a slight medicine taste. I let a couple of people try it and they didn't mind the taste and even said it tasted like an herbal remedy from childhood? whatever that means lol, and that it just tasted healthy? lol

Mixability
it mixed ok, little bits would settle at the bottom of the cup so I would just mix it and let it sit for a couple minutes then just chug it real quick.

Now to the most important part, this product felt great! I don't like really high stimulant products, but nothing super low either. This was probably at the lower level of medium if that makes sense, I didn't feel jittery or all ugly and crash after like some other pre workouts, it was smooth, and I did get great pumps as well. I also felt like I was pushing out a few more reps, but nothing major. I also wouldn't feel super anxious like some other high stim products make me feel.

This product I think is priced well because it is all natural with no artificial dyes or anything like that, and I definitely recommend it if you care about those kinds of things and are willing to pay a premium price for that. It is $45 on their website cause its $5 off right now and on amazon it is $50 for 60 scoops which is 30 servings.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a good product for someone looking for natural, clean energy that isn't too high up in stims and want an awesome pump!

Overall
Thanks to Nutrology for sending it out!
  October 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • All Natural Ingredients
  • Increased Vascularity

This is a worthy entry into the preworkout market, distinguishing itself in the crowded market as an effective all-natural product. While this does not give as dramatic of effects as some of the higher-end products out there, it definitely gives you what you need to get the job done. I also really like the fact that there are no dyes or artificial flavors, both of which are prone to giving me heartburn. Overall, I really enjoyed this product, and would use it again if I could find a good deal.

I'm a 36 year old dad, currently working 7 days a week while working out 3 days per week. My workouts during most of my run of this consisted of an upper/lower split focusing on the "big 3" movements plus OH press. I have used an uncountable number of preworkouts in the past, and typically favor high stimulant formulas. I was looking for a change of pace with this to try something healthy and natural, and to give my adrenal glands a break for while.

This has a simple, fully-disclosed ingredient label, and I feel they did a good job covering all the preworkout bases using only natural ingredients. I also like how they use no dyes or artificial sweeteners, as the other ingredients include "natural flavors", citric acid, stevia, and red beet powder (for color). Here's a quick rundown of the label. Serving size is two scoops, and the amounts given are per serving:

Beet Juice Powder - 3g

Natural source of nitrates, which in turn causes an increase in nitric oxide, increasing blood flow and leading to better performance. In addition to vasodilation, beet juice also has cardioprotective and anti-cancer properties.

Creatinol-O-Phosphate (COP) - 1g

This synthetic analogue of creatine is an interesting ingredient I don't remember seeing before. It was originally developed as a cardioprotective drug, but it has apparently been gaining popularity for its performance benefits. Actual evidence is hard to find, but it supposedly acts as a buffer to keep acidity down within muscles, which allows them to continue to contract for longer. This makes it more similar to beta alanine in its effects rather than creatine, and the idea is to combine this with beta alanine for maximum benefits. I could not find any information regarding its oral bioavailability, so I can not comment on the effective dose, unfortunately.

Beta Alanine - 2g

This preworkout staple increases carnosine levels, which acts as an acid buffer to allow you to keep working out longer. At 2g, it is a little underdosed compared to the 3.2g clinical dose, but 2g is enough to reap benefits in my experience. Like creatine, this is a supplement you can take 7 days a week to reach and maintain saturation. I think the typically accepted time frame is 3.2g for roughly a month to reach saturation, then your carnosine levels are elevated enough for you to experience the peak benefits.

Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) - 2g

Good 'ol vitamin C. Antioxidant good for general health and well being.

Yerba Mate (20% caffeine) - 1250mg

This is traditionally made into a tea to provide a coffee-like stimulant boost, and also contains small amounts of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, E, selenium, and zinc. Its primary health benefits come from the fact that it contains saponins, which are natural compounds with anti-inflammatory properties. This is standardized to 20% caffeine, coming to 250mg of natural caffeine, which for me translated nicely into a couple of hours worth of smooth, clean energy.

The serving size is two scoops, and the directions say to mix 1-2 scoops in 16oz of water 20 minutes prior to your workout or physical activity. I always took at least 2 scoops, but sometimes went with 3 to get the full beta alanine dose. I never had any mixability issues even with the additional scoop.

The taste, however... Oh man, this one was tough for me to drink at first. I did start to acquire a taste for it towards the end, but it was by no means enjoyable. The flavor I received was Passion Fruit, but there was no hint of that in there. It's understandable, though, because it contains only natural ingredients. The primary flavor definitely comes from the beet juice powder, from what I could tell, but there was a pretty strong bitterness in there as well presumably from the yerba mate. To make things easier, I ended up reducing the amount of water I used to around 4oz, which allowed me to get it down in a couple of gulps. This surprisingly didn't affect the mixability much, especially when I used lukewarm as opposed to cold water.

So here is the most important part, how well does it work? I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how well this worked for me. I will break it down into the typical preworkout categories.

Energy:

This gave me a very noticeable boost in energy for a couple of hours after taking it. It was comparable to drinking a couple of cups of good coffee, but I never noticed any jitters like I sometimes get with coffee. I always had plenty of energy for my workout, and never had any sort of crash or lingering after effects. This was the most prominent effect I noticed with this product. Very solid.

Pump:

I noticed a slightly increased pump with this, moreso on back/pull days. The veins in my arms and hands also popped out a good bit more than usual. In fairness, there are only a few products that I've tried that really give me a crazy good pump. I think my body fat is still too high.

Focus:

I noticed a slight increase here as well. I didn't have the tunnel vision focus like DMAA/DMHA gives me, but that isn't the objective here. I never had any problems tuning out distractions and staying on task.

Here where this takes a hit, unfortunately. Nutrology currently offers this on sale on their website for $45, and Amazon currently has it for $49.99 with free shipping. While $1.50 - $1.66 a serving isn't unheard of for preworkouts nowadays, I feel that price point is reserved more for products with much more extensive/complete formulas. Although an argument could be made to justify the price due to it being all-natural, it would be hard for me to choose this over one of those top-notch preworkouts for the same price. However, if they could manage to get the price down somewhat, I would gladly make this a regular staple to give myself a break from the more stim-heavy formulas I typically use.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, Nutrology did a great job with this product. This product is straightforward, has no crazy label claims (or any claims at all for that matter), and does not pretend to be anything other than what it is: an all-natural preworkout based around beet juice. If you are looking for a huge stimulant rush and skin-tearing pumps, this is not for you, but if you are looking for a healthy, natural way to boost your workout without any sort of artificial ingredients, then you really can't go wrong here. It is a great product overall, I just wish it were a little cheaper. Big thanks to Nutrology for giving me the opportunity to try this!
  • Passion Fruit: 3/10