3-DAY WALL BREAKER Reviews

By: Nutrition By Don

3-DAY WALL BREAKER is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Nutrition By Don. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
6.4

Overall
Overall
5.7
5.5
  December 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Endurance
  • Pre-Workout
  • Focus
  • Joint Support
  • Tastes Good
  • Extremely Low Huperzine A
  • Low Alpha GPC
  • Low Glutamine
  • Low BCAA
  • Glutamine
  • Carnitine
  • Extremely Low NALT

Sometimes A LOT is A LITTLE... The product has a lot of potential though but they need to "break some walls" first...

Hello SupplementReviews (or what's left of it...). Thanks to Nutrition by Don for participating in the SR TROOP program and for old SupplementReviews for making this connection possible.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

I had a good analysis of the ingredients but unfortunately it got removed so this one will be a bit different because of time/effort. It starts with:

- 1.5g BCAA: Very underdosed, the normal average amount is 4-5g per serving so this is very underdosed. Still not so useless because it's going to do something with the food you consume (which also has aminoacids).

- 1g of Citrulline DL Malate (2:1 ratio): Some would think this is very underdosed but 1g is an ok dose considering you want the blood flow/circulation increase benefit from Citrulline. I would still like to see this ingredient increased to 2g atleast. For vascularity/pump effects, you want 6-8 of Citrulline Malate and 3-4g Citrulline but like I said, that wasn't the purpose of adding it to this product.

- 750mg of Glucosamine Sulfate. There's a pic of the Supplement Facts showing Glucosamine Hydrochloride (HCL) but the label of my product says Glucosamine Sulfate so they probably made that change. Good job. This dose is alright, not the highest, not so high but it's alright.

- 750mg of Glutamine: 750mg is VERY underdosed. Just remove this ingredient, this dose isn't going to do anything.

- 560mg of Agmatine Sulfate: This dose is okay, not the highest but alright. Might be useless if your weight is +200lbs though. Nitric oxide benefits.

- 475mg of Curcumenoids: This is a good ingredient to have because it has a lot of benefits, however, it has a poor absorption. You might want to add Piperine to increase its absorption.

- 500mg of Fenugreek seed: These are fenugreek seeds so it's not the same as Fenugreek extract you see in other supplements. Fenugreek has several positive benefits (test support, appetite reduction, increase in milk production on women, blood glucose reduction, increase of libido, etc) but the dose should be higher considering these are seeds, atleast 2g.

- 375mg of L-Carnitine: No no and no. Your body isn't going to magically transform fat into energy just because you're taking Carnitine lol, even less this low dose of it. Remove Carnitine, it doesn't react well with food and you're suggesting to take this product after the 1st or 2nd meal so I would just remove Carnitine. No need to have it, same with Glutamine, remove them both.

- 375mg of Panax Ginseng. This is a very good ingredient to have. Dose is alright too. This ingredient has plenty of benefits in areas like: Cognition, Brain health, Testosterone, Antioxidant, mood, allergies, etc. Of course this dose isn't going to provide you with all those benefits but it's still a good ingredient to have, good job.

- 200mg of Eurycoma Longifolia for libido and sexual health benefits. Not bad to have, this is a good dose.

- 150mg of Alpha GPC: Cognitive and brain health. Very underdosed.

- 125mg of Pycnogenol (Pine Bark extract) for general health benefits. This is a good ingredient to have and the dose is a good one, good job again.

- 100mg of Hyaluronic Acid: Another good ingredient to have, it's going to provide benefits on joint & bone health, also other benefits. This is a good dose. Good job again.

- 75mg of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NALT): You REALLY expect this dose to do something? NALT is an effective ingredient regarding mental benefits but this dose is ridiculous. Increase it drastically or remove it.

- 1mcg of Huperzine A: From SupplementReviews: "Powerful nootropic agent that boosts focus and cognition by preventing the breakdown of acetylcholine." Great ingredient but 1mcg is a VERY RIDICULOUS dose. The dose used in studies is 50-200mcg and this only has 1 mcg... Awful dose!

Vitamins C (556% DV) and B12 (6250% DV).

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: They only have Orange available. It tastes like an Orange that is not sweet. It tastes very natural. I didn't like it the first few servings but then I started to like the taste because it was something different.

*MIXABILITY: No problems here, easy to mix.

*DOSING: It suggests 1 scoop after the 1st or 2nd meal. I tried it this way but also tried it post-workout and pre-workout.

CLAIMS

Joint and Strength support. Muscle Recovery. Focus.

EFFECTIVENESS

When I took it after my 1st or 2nd meal (or 3rd), I didn't notice much. I changed it to Post-workout and I still didn't notice much. I changed it to Pre-workout and bam! Here it's where it worked. The focus effects could be felt along with the endurance effects, the endurance effect was the most significant effect I could feel. I wasn't taking a preworkout so I could easily see the difference when I took 3 day Wall Breaker. The focus effects were also good during Gaming, tried it a couple of times while Gaming and it was alright. Surprised to have felt the focus effects because some (or most) of the focus ingredients are underdosed.

Strength, muscle recovery nope nope. Definitely needs more dose of a lot of the ingredients in the formula to feel these benefits. The blood flow effects from the ingredients probably helped the most with the endurance effects I felt pre-workout. Vitamin C, Citrulline Malate and others that escape from my mind right now. The Agmatine and BCAA probably helped a little too.

Side Effects

Sometimes produced some acid reflux.

CONCLUSION

This product has a lot of potential because the Ingredient selection was overall great (except for the Carnitine and Glutamine). The other ingredients are all good to have, the thing is the dose of most ingredients needs to be increased for this product to reach its full power.

VALUE

When I received the product and other SR users made their review, the Value was $49.99 but now it was reduced to $39.99. $49.99 is extremely expensive and $39.99 is still too expensive for me to consider buying this product.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Remove Glutamine.
2. Remove Carnitine.
3. Add Piperine.
4. Increase BCAA amount to 4g atleast.
5. Increase Fenugreek Seeds amount to atleast 2g.
6. Increase Alpha GPC.
7. Increase NALT.
8. Increase Huperzine A.
9. Make other flavors.

Overall
Overall
5.6
4.6
  October 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • No Artificial Dyes
  • Tastes Good
  • Not 30 Servings

An expensive product with a lot of claims that it does not meet.

I would like to thank nutrition by don for letting me be able to try this product. It seemed to be a unique bcaa product so I figured I'd try it to see if it met those claims. When I got the bottle the powder was less than half way to the top.

BCAA blend - 1.5 g (no ratio)
Citulline Malate 2:1 - 1 g
Alpha - GPC - 150 mg
Pycnogenol - 125 mg
Hyaluronic acid - 100 mg
N - acetyl - l - tyrosine - 1 mcg

Vitamin C and B12 are good vitamins that help the body recover and provides joint support. Citrulline DL-Malate is 2 acids that produce natural energy. Glucosamine is a commonly used supplement with athletes to help with joint support and used by those that have arthritis. Glutamine sends recovery to the organs and can help with immunity. Agmatine is an amino acid that works with the muscles and can create a pump. Curcuminoids or turmeric is used for inflammation. Fenugreek can help with stomach pain and loss of appetite. Carnitine is an amino acid that gives energy that can help with weight loss. Ginseng produces energy. Eurycoma Longifolia is a plant that can help a man with natural hormone support. Alpha GPC will support the brain and help protect brain loss that may come with age for things like Alzheimer's. Pycnogenol which is pine bark. Pine bark helps with inflammation in the joints and muscles. Hyaluronic is used for knee pain and ulcers. N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is amino acids and will help with recovery similar to protein. Huperzine A increases energy and will work on focus and memory.

These ingredients are all underdosed but seem like great ingredients. If they increase the dosage of everything then it could be a lot better.

---Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
This only comes in orange flavor. I thought it tastes like some fresh squeezed oranges. I thought it tastes pretty good.
I had no problems mixing it. Just a few shakes but it would stain my cup even after I tried washing it.
I would do 1 level scoop before working out or sometimes during my workouts. I never actually weighed the scoop to see if it was more grams than what it should be.

I was really hoping to feel something but I am sorry to say I did not get much. I did get smoother joints after the bottle was almost finished. I did not get any mental clarity but my focus did slightly increase. After a week and a half the focus starts to fade away and by the end of the bottle I had no focus from this product. I think this might be a product you should cycle but then you will never experience anything in your joints like the product claims.

You can only find this for $50 at 3daywallbreaker.com which is $1.67 a serving. Considering this product did not work well I would not buy it. You can find other well dosed bcaas for a cheaper price.

Side Effects

Leaves skin orange if you touch the powder.

Conclusion

Right now I would never recommend this product. It does not have 30 servings like it claims on the bottle and does not meet any ot the claims. If they lower the price and increase the dosage on all the ingredients, make it actually 30 servings then I would recommend this to people. I would like to say I never weighed the scooper to see if it was more than what is is supposed to be so it could've been that they used a bigger scooper than what they needed.
  • Orange: 8/10

Overall
Overall
5.5
  April 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Joint Support
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • No Artificial Dyes
  • Under-dosed
  • Container Only Had 13rd Of The Servings It Was Supposed To

3-day wall breaker seems to be the kid with all the ideas and none of the execution. The ingredients are extensive, covering a wide range of benefits, but none of them are really dosed to an effective level.

I'd like to thank Nutrition by Don for participating on SR.com; I think this product is well-intended but ultimately came up short. I hope that some constructive feedback can help make the product a bit more viable long-term, because I do think there is merit to the idea. Overall I was mainly drawn in by the panel of joint support ingredients, as well as common ingredients found in natural test boosters. I thought this might help alleviate on-going joint pain that I experience from years of wear and tear, while also having some sort of recomping effect on BF% and maybe the ability to push through early morning workouts with increased intensity. Did it accomplish this? Not quite....

I like 5-6 days/week depending on my schedule. I'm 31, weigh between 220-225, and have been focusing on my back strength and mobility/stability in my shoulders more than anything else. I still keep up with a normal rotation that includes chest/arms/legs/core, but everything is done with improving my posture and shoulder mobility in mind. I work in an office so upper-cross syndrome is my biggest nemesis from being hunched over a computer most of the time.

Holy ingredient panel. There are so many, I almost didn't claim this just because I didn't want to have to go through everything on here, especially since most of it (all of it?) is under-dosed. I only know that though, because NbD kept it transparent-- so kudos to them for doing so.

I think we can break the panel into a few categories based on their intended benefit: (Some of these might be on the fence of my categories. This is how I would group them; they weren't grouped this way on the panel.)
- Endurance/Recovery:
> BCAA blend (1.5g) (ratio unknown)
> Citulline Malate 2:1 (1g)
> Glutamine (750mg)
> Carnitine (375mg)
> Pine bark extract (125mg)
> Agmatine Sulfate (560mg)

As you can see, all of these are heavily underdosed. They aren't going to do anything. BCAAs at 1.5g? Come on... at 3g on the rest of the panel I'd still say it's low but maybe (MAYBE) you see a benefit from it at that point when combined with all else. 750mg of Glutamine? Don't expect improved recovery. 375mg of Carnitine? The theme continues... The closest thing to an effective dose here is probably the pine bark extract & agmatine.

- Joint Support
> Glucosamine Hcl (750mg)
> Curcumenoids (475mg)
> Hyaluronic Acid (100mg)

I'd like to see more of each, but these doses are probably be enough to legitimize the positive joint-health effects I noticed while taking this. I hadn't supplemented with Turmeric (Cucumenoids) or Hyaluronic Acid before though, so I may be more sensitive to the effects.

- Hormone Optimization/Mental Health
> Fenugreek (500mg)
> Eurycoma Longifolia (200mg)
> Ginseng (375mg)
> Alpha-GPC (150mg)
> NALT (75mg)
> Huperzine A (1mcg)

Again, just low doses here, especially with the NALT, Alpha GPC, and Huperzine A. You might notice effects of the Fenugreek at 500mg, Ginseng is rarely noticeable at all, and Longjack might be noticeable at 200mg if it were LJ100, but it isn't.

As you can see you have a laundry list of ingredients with various intended benefits, nearly all of which are under-dosed. I think the idea is that they will work in combination, but I doubt that happening and would rather see a focused, smaller list of the ingredients the company believes will be most effective.

Taste: WHOOOOA ORANGE!!!!! This has a very strong orange flavor with a distinct turmeric flavoring to go along with it.

Mixability: This doesn't have any dyes, but the drink mixes up as a very concentrated orange color because of the turmeric. It will actually stain your fingers as you're scooping it and you don't want to spill anything. My first time mixing it I dropped in a tightly packed scoop and experienced a good amount of clumping in about 24oz of water. However, I then started sprinkling the powder in from the scoop (not all that carefully, just not dropping it all at once) and then had no issues with clumping at all. It mixed easily in 12oz of water at that point.

Dosing: I took this daily in the morning just after my post-workout or breakfast shake. On two occasions I took it before a 2nd gym session in the afternoon, but never noticed any positive effects on my workout from it. However, those afternoon workouts are usually more relaxed than in the morning.

I was really hoping to see the effects of 3-day wall breaker showing up in my lifts, but it didn't happen. I noticed no increase in strength, no major recomping effects, no changes to my mental state, and no improvement to my endurance or recovery time.

What I did notice was that it had a positive effect on my joints. It wasn't able to remove pain entirely in the areas I feel it the most, but the areas that only flare up from time to time remained dormant. Tennis elbow was reduced for instance.

I think there might have been an initial greater overall improvement around the 3 day mark, as implied by the name, but it definitely tapered off shortly thereafter. This leads me to believe that this product might shine best when cycled in 1-week intervals, but that's counterproductive to noticing a benefit in joint health.

So this is really bad. Right now, 3-day wall breaker costs $49.99 and can only be purchased at 3daywallbreaker.com. The label says that's for 30 servings, but in my tub I only had 19 servings. That's 2.63/serving for marginal results. It really only shined in the joint support area, and you can supplement yourself with those same ingredients at higher doses for under $1/day.

Missing 1/3rd of the doses also seems extremely amateur, if not unscrupulous, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

Side Effects

Orange lips, especially if you've just shaved. Like a kid with a Popsicle.

Conclusion

Overall, I think this one has a long way to go and I can't honestly recommend it. NbD needs to hone in on what they're trying to do, limit their ingredients, and increase the doses. Maybe they'd be better served selling this as multiple products in a stack even. I'm not sure, but right now I think you need to select something else. It's a common mistake I think for companies to try and make a catch-all product, but I've never seen it work.

Thanks again to Nutrition by Don, I hope this helps in the long-run.

5.2
  March 16, 2018

Cons:

Thank you Nutrition by Don for giving me a chance to try this product. I have been at a plateau for months now and it's been hard for me to break through. I wanted to give this a try to see if it would help since it's called 1-2-3 break the wall.

There is a lot of ingredients. There is vitamin C and B12, BCAA blend, Citrulline DL-Malate, Glucosamine Sulfate, Glutamine, Agmatine Sulfate, Curcumenoids (turmeric root), Fenugreek Seed, Carnitine, Ginseng, Eurycoma Longifolia, Alpha GPC (l-alpha a-glycerylphosphorylcholine soy), Pycnogenol (pine bark), Hyaluronic acid, N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, and Huperzine A (huperzia serrata). Vitamin C and B12 are good vitamins that help the body recover and provides joint support. The BCAA blend is at 1.5 g. Citrulline DL-Malate is 2 acids that produce natural energy. Glucosamine is a commonly used supplement with athletes to help with joint support and used by those that have arthritis. Glutamine sends recovery to the organs and can help with immunity. Agmatine is an amino acid that works with the muscles and can create a pump. Curcuminoids or turmeric is used for inflammation. Fenugreek can help with stomach pain and loss of appetite. Carnitine is an amino acid that gives energy that can help with weight loss. Ginseng produces energy. Eurycoma Longifolia is a plant that can help a man with natural hormone support. Alpha GPC will support the brain and help protect brain loss that may come with age for things like Alzheimer's. Pycnogenol which is pine bark. Pine bark helps with inflammation in the joints and muscles. Hyaluronic is used for knee pain and ulcers. N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is amino acids and will help with recovery similar to protein. Huperzine A increases energy and will work on focus and memory. These are great natural products and I give this a high ranking.

This has a strong orange taste to it with a little carrot taste. It is a bright orange product that mixes really well with water. It says to mix it with 8-12 oz of water but I would recommend 16. At 8 oz of water, it was just too strong for me. It says to take one scoop in the morning with water about 30 to 45 minutes after your breakfast. No problems with taste, mixability, or dosing. This was tasty, easy to mix, and a good dosage, so I gave it a good rating.

This product claims to help the joints and strength support, muscle recovery, and focus. I found out that this was not going to help me break my plateau but it will for those whose bodies tend to break down and lose energy while doing something that is strenuous like riding a bike or playing a sport. The two things I felt this product really did well was in the joint and strength support plus the muscle recovery. I did feel my muscles recovering better after a workout. There was plenty of joints and strength support along the way. As far as it goes with the focus, can't say that I had more focus than normal. It did make me feel good in the morning but nothing that was overwhelming. I'm gonna give this a good rating as I felt like it was a product that was doing what it said.

The company website and Amazon list this 30 day supply at $55. This is $1.83 per day. This is too high for me. It was a good and effective product but I don't feel it is worth that much. If it was $1 per day, I would buy it.

Side Effects

No side effects but will stain clothes and leave them looking like an orange.

Conclusion

I would say that this was an effective product. It did what it said it would do. The taste, mixability, and dosing were great. This contains a lot of ingredients that are healthy for the body. The cost is pretty high. If I'm paying $55 for a 30-day supply it better be really good or it's not something I'm going to buy again. This is a good product just too expensive for me. I'm gonna say that this is a mid-value rating.