POSTLIFT Reviews

By: Nutrex

POSTLIFT is a Recovery Product manufactured by Nutrex. It is an amino acid based product that is designed to assist in workout recovery.

November 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Reduced DOMs
  • Flavor Needs To Improve

A product aiming specifically to help you with recovery after a hard day at the gym

First and foremost I would like to thank myself for working out and have the budget to buy these things on my own ;). I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I'm 40 years old so aches and pains come with the territory. Also, for some reason I experience aching DOMS on my second day. I always look for things that can help me in that department, especially with legs since I do need to walk without saying "ouch ouch" every step of the way.

This has a fully disclosed ingredients profile ...

You are receiving 100 calories where most of them are coming from 25 grams of Dextrin which are carbs to help you rebuild those muscles. Remember it's not all protein and carbs even if you are dieting is a necessary evil. The good thing about Dextrin it does not raise blood sugar or insulin.

We also have basic nutrients that do have a direct affect on your recovery:
Calcium at 99 mg (only 10% of your daily value)
Phosphorus at 88 mg (9%)
Magnesium 35 mg (9%)
Sodium 140 mg (6%)
Potassium 80 mg (2%)

And now the good stuff that should help you recover:
Cluster Dextrin 25g - Which we have already covered is a fiber based carb that should help your body with recovery without the nastiness of sugar.

Your standard BCAA's for recovery ...
L- Leucine 5g
L- Isoleucine 2.5g
L-Valine 2.5g

This is a very decent amount of BCAA's ... I don't think I have to go over what each Amino does ...

Betaine Anhydrous 2.5g - This should help you build a little more muscle while recovering. This amino helps create methionine which helps in muscle protein synthesis and that should help you grow in size. This is well dosed per recommnedations although you should take 2.5g prior to working out.

HICA 2g - HICA should help you with endurance and recovery due to it's ability to get rid of waste that builds up in your muscle after a intensive workout. This product has well above the recommended dosage which I like since it's not a "cheap" ingredient.

L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate 2g - I like this ingredient here ... I know that mostly this is used in a pre or weight loss ... but I think it would also do well in a post product since it offers energy to the body while it's recuperating. This would be ideal for me since I have a little bit more fat than your average gym goer. If this would transform my fat into energy and than help me recover in the process I would be thrilled. The dosage is recommended and I'm very happy about it.

Taurine 2g - Taurine has been known to increase muscle mass, muscle strength, power, reduces muscle damage caused by exercise, accelerate recovery between workouts, and may also have an insulin-like effect in the body. Most of recovery products I've seen so far had this ingredient added. Two reasons for that ... it has some studies backing it up and it's cheap :P. The dosage of 2 grams is very standard in the industry.

I had the Fruit Punch flavor and it wasn't the best tasting product. It does feel like you are drinking a fruit punch flavor but it felt very waxy when I drunk it ... I'm assuming it's coming from the amount of sugar ... I don't it was bad enough to deter from having it ... but it wasn't something that I wanted to have just for the flavor.

We all want to skip to this if we are not interested in the science ... and usually the first initial question is "does it work?". I can tell you that for me ... it absolutely did. I can also tell you that I was not at all disappointing with purchasing this product because of the positive affect it had on me. If you are frugal like me that you can understand what a compliment this is. While running on this product my aches and pains were numbed tremendously. I could walk without aching hard after 2 days. Stairs were not as unpleasant as before. I wasn't dreading legs day after I started taking this product. If that is not motivational enough than I honestly don't know what will motivate you to try this product.

The value on this varies ... usually I think it goes for 35$ which is a hefty price to pay. Personally I would probably just grind my teeth and go through the pain and not pay that price. But, when I see a sweet deal like I did twice last year I didn't hesitate to pay the 16$. I thought for that price it was a steal ... that comes down to .80$ per serving. If you bought HICA alone 2 grams would cost you 86 cents, so to me this is fantastic.

Side Effects

None that I have experienced myself.

Conclusion

Definitely get this when it is on sale ... If you struggle with DOMS this is your go to product for sure. Since I have purchased this product for half the price that it usually sells for I just don't and can't purchase it at the regular price. I think if they lowered the regular price to something like 25$ it would make more sense and I would be praising it's value. Other than the price this is a really good product that does exactly what it's meant to do. I highly recommend it to those with the abundance of money and prefer to feel better. Thank you for reading my review and I wish you a wonderful day.
  • Fruit Punch: 7/10

January 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Slight Fatloss
  • No Stomach Issues
  • No Prop Blends
  • Reduced DOMs

Hey what's up SR this review is for a product from Nutrex Research called PostLift it's there post-workout powerhouse drink. I've had other products by this company and I've enjoyed them all. But I have never tired postlift before so when the company put this up for the Troops I was very excited to give this product a try. Nutrex claims that postlift will help replenish muscle glycogen, it will also help with hydration along with amino acid uptake. Now let's postlift your way to gainz city.

With postlift there is no prop blend they list everything that is in the product. It is broken down into three areas.
Postlift post-workout powerhouse which will give you 20g of cluster dextrin, L-glutamine 3g, betaine anhydrous 2.5g, and taurine 2g.
Next is the protein synthesis potentiating essential amino acid blend
Leucine 2262mg
phenylalanine 839mg
lysine hci 719mg
threonine 600mg
valine 600mg
isoleucine 500mg
histidine hci 480mg
The last area is the electrolyte recovery blend
trisdium citrate 410mg
pstassium chloride 280mg
traacs magnesium bisglycinate chelate 280mg

The flavor I received was blackberry lemonade which like all of there products tasted amazing. Mixability was not and issue. Dosing was to mix 1 scoop with 14-16oz of water right after your workout.

Once again nutrex comes though with another amazing product this time it's postlift that is here to help secure your workout gains. Postlift made a big difference with my workouts with more muscle recovery along with and increase in muscle growth. The cluster dextrin along with the betaine anhydrous helped with extra energy along with adding more strength during my workouts. All my lifts went up even with my weaker body parts like legs I found myself with more and added increase of energy along with wanting to do more reps, and weight. The essential amino acid blend was another important agent with my workouts. It made a really made a difference because I will workout late at night around 10 or 11pm then go back the following morning at 5am to lift again. With the amino acid blend that nutrex added in this product it cut down on the recovery time along with a reduce DOMS and soreness with my muscles. The recovery time was a lot quicker then similar products that I have taking before. And we can't forget about the all important electrolyte blend that nutrex has in the product. The electrolytes that is used in this product was a very nice addition it one that I'm not used to at all but it really helped with my recovery time. If I was doing heavy deadlifts during a late night workout then came back in the early morning around 5am to kill it on some biceps the electrolyte blend made sure that my body was ready to wage havoc on those weights by being fully recovered. Overall nutrex did another fantastic job with this amazing post-workout product.

The cheapest place I was able to find postlift for was on bodybuilding.com where a 20 serving tub goes for 34.97 which is 1.75 per serving. It might be very expensive to some at that price point but the benefits from this product was great. So you would need to stock up on it if it every goes on sale.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Nutrex Postlift is a great product for anyone that is looking to step up there post workout gains. You will get everything from recovery and muscle growth to decrease muscle fatigue in between your workouts. This product will become a staple for all of your workout gains.
  • Blackberry lemonade: 10/10

January 7, 2018

• No Stomach Issues
  • Slight Fatloss
  • Can Be Alot Better
  • Flavor Needs To Improve
  • Missing A Few Real Clinical Ingredients

2018 is already a few days old so its about time to hit up my first of many reviews for this year. Basically for me, post workouts are a crucial part of my daily life as they are that important. Postlift always looked real good on paper and when I finally decided to purchase it, it was on clearance at bodybuilding.com. So I went ahead and got a bottle, and was pretty impressed by the results.

Now a few guys went over this already, with detail.

basically this version the original version (as I see bodybuilding.com has an updated formula which looks lame) has:
25g of Cluster dextrin which is the next best post workout carbohydrate besides Vitargo which is still superior in all honesty and still under utilized, regardless cluster dextrin clears the gut very well and leave little to no stomach issues at all plus it helps restore lost glycogen levels.

2g L-Carnitine tartrate - Improves athletic performance and assists in improved recovery and fat loss.

10g BCAA (5g leucine, 2.5g isoleucine, 2.5g valine) Promote muscle growth, repair and improve fatloss as well as increase muscle protein synthesis.

Betaine 2.5g improves strength and promotes muscle growth

Hica 2g Significantly decreases DOMS and promotes muscle growth

Taurine 2g Good for the heart and liver, helps those with anxiety and depression, improves athletic and mental performance.

Now all in all this looks pretty darn good, but this also leaves it so close to near perfection.
I would have loved to see an addition of whey isolate or hydrolyzed whey in this not only to accelerate muscle protein synthesis but also to improve recovery, which when I added my own whey blend to PostLift I felt overall my recovery was improved. The addition of Tart cherry which is a very sought after post workout ingredient, would have made this even better.

This is a premium post workout supplement but cinnamon extract would have improved it overall I feel because improving insulin sensitivity post workout is ideal for me and having an adaptogen of some sort (Ashwagandha) would have really made this something completely different and complete as heck who wouldn't want an adaptogen post workout to help cope with stress and anxiety which will lover cortisol levels. And lastly seeing the addition of astragin or something to improve nutrient uptake would have been great! But maybe I am being a bit too specific or needy but the whole point of this supplement game is to improve - so heck its a lot of money to spend on a so called clinical post which is pretty good but dig deeper and it can be so much better. Also the exclusion of any form of creatine is also a negative - one cannot denounce the effects of creatine especially the tried and true creatine monohydrate, remember its just not only the proven effects on strength gain but also the cell volumazation effects which are immediatley noticeable not to mention improved recovery is another benefit.

And props to Nutrex for no prop blends here

Fruit Punch was not what I expected it to be, it was overpowering and bitter, I knew it might taste like poo as high levels of Leucine (bitter), Carnitine Tartrate(bitter) and Hica (super bitter) probably wont taste good. But alas once I started adding vanilla whey to the mix it tasted alot better almost like Universal Torrent but the bitter taste just really never died. I cant really say where it mixed well or not due to me using my blender with ice and a scoop of vanilla whey, I guess anything would mix pretty well if it was thrown into a blender. It's harder to clean but heck I am in love now as a blender makes everything taste more or less better. I used the recommended 2 scoop post workout with an unspecified amount of water as I made it to my own liking.

Well considering I have been training really hard as of late due to overcoming some stomach issues and personal demons, it was pretty easy for me to assess the damage or lack of thanks to post lift.

One of the immediate effects I noticed was the lack of DOMS, normally I would battle to move the next day or be really stiff AF. This wasnt the case whilst on Postlift as I did feel alot more "rejuvenated" not only after each day but somehow after each serving it was like an immediate effect, but the only issue was that this wasn't just postlift as a standalone - the addition of whey protein made it really that tad better as the first few dosage were without whey - I didn't feel as recovered as I did when I left out the whey. It may sound like a false report but truly whey didn't only make it taste better but improved my recovery as well. But with that being said Postlift was a game changer in the way it made me recover that much better.

Other than the improved recovery was the fact that I seemed to gain a bit of lean muscle mass which was noted by my wife and a slight bit of fatloss, and mind you I didn't change anything (diet/training/cardio) so it was definitely thanks to Postlift. And seeing the effects visually does make you train that bit harder and with even more intent!

I didn't notice much of anything when it came to the strength department, which is a shame. I trained with more or less the same weights as before and the deal breaker here has to be the exclusion of creatine. No joke, as soon as I came off it and added mono into the mix post workout I didnt only get stronger but my endurance as a whole did improve - say its a placebo effect but nah its just an ingredient that shouldn't ever be dropped. I did feel and notice a nice fullness after every workout too.

For recovery, this stuff combined with whey is the real deal. Without the whey its good but whats the point in buy it when its more or less an advanced amino complex with 25g of cluster dextrin (now 20g)?

Another note I have to add is that this is really filling, like I would barely feel hungry after consuming a serving but there was no stomach bloating or issues at all which is a positive in anyones book.

Not the best pocket friendly postworkout product out there as I think this was on clearance at bb.com for around $40, which isn't really cheap at all for what you truly get. 20 workouts do go pretty quick, especially when progress comes. But again I had to add whey to this, so its really not a "all in one" post workout the way its kind of perceived and marketed. I understand the idea is for the consumer to buy their own brand whey and add to it, but not everyone is that wealthy to splurge on two separate products especially when the one is like (or was) around $50 or more when it first came out. In all fairness its not really worth it, and making your own postworkout wont only be cheaper but better? Sure the ratios are high and the ingredients aren't cheap but meh...

Side Effects

Conclusion

A very good but expensive post workout recovery drink that can be better. As mentioned above recovery is really awesome and if you have the extra cash to splash on this and some whey then by all means this is an awesome product and would do great. But lets go deeper and seek what would really make this stand out besides price tag, cluster dextrin and aminos - well then its lacking quite a bit. I am not bashing the product as such, but their Outlift was no doubt amazing and really well thought out, it just seems like postlift was just a "by the way" product where they are hoping to sell their protein formula as well with this. Truly there are a load of complete post workouts that will destroy this. But in all fairness postlift is or was headed in the right direction, their new formulation is inferior comparing it to even this. If they just drop the cluster dextrin throw in dextrose or something significantly cheaper and add in creatine would it not only make the product a bit cheaper but better as well (and possibly better tasting). SO ja guys this is just my view on this "clinically dosed post workout powerhouse" that worked pretty well, but sadly the new postlift looks a far cry from even this, and I wouldn't even bother to give it a bash until it looks like a complete postworkout should!

Cheers
Fridge

November 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Reduced DOMs
  • Decent Value

What's going on SR! I would like to thank Nutrex and the Troopers for the opportunity to tray POSTLIFT. As we all know, the key to increasing Mass and building a athletic body, is the body's ability to Recover! There are many way we can accomplish, by getting a solid night sleep, increase BCAA intake, and increase protein by body weight; just to name a few. When POSTLIFT came up for the Troopers, I jumped on the opportunity to see how my body would be affected by the claims POSTLIFT would do.

POSTLIFT is fully disclosed, which we all love to know what exactly we are putting in our bodies. There are some goodies in POSTLIFT are: 25 grams of HBCD, which is one of the key ingredients in POSTLIFT, it helps your body replenish its glycogen levels. To me, HBCD could be used as part of one's intera workout regimen. There is 2 grams of HICA, 10 grams of BCAA, and 5 gram of Glutamine.

Taste - This is not a bad tasting product, just a little bitter when mixed in water; when mixed in fruit juice, the bitter tastes goes away.

Mix - There was some foaming, again, when I mixed it with water, but it was nothing that adding some extra water would not take care. In addition, when sometimes I would mix it in a whey Isolate for a complete post workout meal, it mixed very well.

Dosing - Considering POSTLIFT comes with only 20 servings, I used it in a number of ways and only after heavy compound workouts; I wanted to make it last as long as possible.

POSTLIFT was my friend in many levels, as I mentioned before, I used POSTLIFT in different way. On days where I did, a heavy compound movement like Flat Bench, Roman Dead lift, Bend-over Rolls, and everyone's favorite legs; I took one full scoop post workout by itself. The only time I added a shot of whey isolate, was the morning after when I hit legs that evening. DOMS reduction was felt about an hour and a half, after taking my serving. I knew POSTLIFT was doing its job, since I was able to do some cardio without walking around like a penguin.

On days I did cardio or full body workouts, I would add a half of serving to my intera workout supplement, which did not contain any type of carbs. I normally do cardio 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Typically, I put a tablespoon of honey under my tongue, so I can keep my glycogen levels from dropping. While using POSTLIFT, I did not need the honey, and I was able to do a solid cardio routine without a sugar drop. In addition, I notice an increase of endurance, which could have been attributed to the added Intera supplement. However, I made sure to use a 3rd of the serving of the intera supplement so I can better gauge POSTLIFT ability to recover.

POSTLIFT is not a cheap product, which is the reason I would only us it when I know I will really needed. There are only 20 servings and typically, it is priced around $35 to $45 dollars. However, at the time of this review, Amazon currently has it listed at $26.00; All-Star Health will be your cheapest way to go when it is not on sale.

Side Effects

Conclusion

POSTLIFT is one of those niche supplements to have on hand when you really need to recover and maximize all the efforts put into the gym. I would love to see POSTLIFT in the range of 28 to 30 servings, so it can increase its value for the person who just started getting into the world of supplements. I have placed my order for a new tub on Amazon and if I run it like I did for this review, I know I can get 30 days out of it. In my opinion, for the intermediate to advance lifter, POSTLIFT is one you should have in your already full cabinet of goodies you use to achieve your goals. I would like to thank Nutrex again for the opportunity.

November 17, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Recovery
    • Overpowering Flavor

What's up guys? I've always had a special place in my heart for post-workout supplements. I don't know how to really explain it, I just like the idea of flooding the system with a ton of recovery ingredients after a hard workout. Needless to say, when PostLift showed up on the Troop dashboard, I had to try it! I tried it in a couple different scenarios, so let's take a look at how it performed.

One scoop of PostLift is 54.5g. With one scoop, you get 100 calories, consisting of 25g of Carbohydrates in the form of cluster dextrin, or HBCD. Nutrex chose to be fully transparent with the label, which is always a big plus for me. Calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium and potassium head up the ingredient label. The rest of the label is the "PostLift clinically dosed post workout powerhouse." That sounds pretty legit to me. The first ingredient in it is the Cluster Dextrin, or HBCD. HBCD has a fast gastric emptying rate, but without a huge blood sugar spike. What this means is that it moves through the GI at the rate of a carbohydrate like sugar, but impacts blood glucose similar to brown rice for example. You get both benefits without the upset stomach or the feeling that you're going to pass out from your blood sugar levels spiking and dropping quickly. (That quote is from elitefts.com).

Next up are amino acids. Leucine at 5g, glutamine at 5g, isoleucine and valine at 2.5g each. I like the inclusion of amino acids in almost any product, especially glutamine. This aids in recovery and obviously adds usefulness to the product because you could use it intra or post.

Next is Betaine Anhydrous at 2.5g. This is a clinical dose in my opinion. Betaine originally came from Beets, and has become a pretty hot ingredient lately. It supposedly helps the body make more creatine and process it, which leads to strength and performance gains. Examine.com says there hasn't been much solid evidence to support the claim.

HICA is the next ingredient dosed at 2g. HICA is supposed to help reduce acid buildup in the muscles and promote lean mass by assisting in the protein synthesis process.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate and Taurine are the final two ingredients, both dosed at 2g. Taurine has a ton of uses and is found in almost all energy drinks these days. Helps mental focus and increases energy. LCLT is in here to help reduce muscle damage from high intensity workouts.

Overall I think this is a very good, thorough profile with full transparency.

I received the strawberry flavor and found it to be really nice for the most part. My only complaint would be the sweetness. Even with 16-20oz of water it was still on the sweet side. Good flavor though. Mixability was great. This stuff is super-fine so it mixes pretty quick and easy. I chose to use this product post-workout, usually within 20 minutes of finishing. Several times I worked out at 5am on an empty stomach and had it after. The other times were afternoon workout.

I can safely say that the effects of PostLift were very obvious. I used it as a post-workout supplement, and the recovery feeling it provided me with was awesome. The HBCD provides a smooth insulin spike that helped keep my energy up after an hour+ workout without any type of crash. I found this especially useful on those days that I worked out at 5am and then went straight to work. I was wide awake the rest of the day and felt great. The recovery aspect of this product was very noticeable as well. Doms were hardly ever present the next day and it was not long after a workout that I felt like I could go at it again. I did not use PostLift for 20 workouts in a row, as I wanted to try and really understand its effects versus when I didn't use it with similar workouts. The energy boost using it after a workout was great, and the days I didn't use it, I really wanted to. I could definitely see using this as an intra-workout product as well. I should have tried it to see, but I am pretty sure I will be buying some in the near future so I will be able to find out. Also, in terms of strength gains, they were definitely there. But that's a simple equation because better recovery = better next workout.

PostLift is normally kind of expensive, but at the time of this review, it can be had on Amazon for around 27 bucks. At 20 servings, this comes out to about 1.35 per serving. Go buy it at this price.

Side Effects

Nothing bad, although I found myself having to pee A LOT during the hour after taking PostLift.

Conclusion

I really think this product does exactly what it is supposed to do. My recommendations if you ever give it a try would be to try it out as an intra-workout product, and mix it with a lot of water so it doesn't end up so sweet. If you have a sweet tooth, then you will probably like it as is. Thank you very much to Nutrex for participating in the TROOP program. Looking at their website, they have a ton of awesome looking products that I look forward to trying in the future. Thanks guys.
    • Strawberry: 8/10

January 30, 2017

• Overpowering Flavor

I am actively looking to better my life! So when I find something that has clinically dosed recovery ingredients then I would want to give it a shot. We all know that DOMS make us hate the previous day of lifting because it stays with us for more than we wish for. Well Postlift is here to save the day, and is also works as a solid intra workout.

Nutrex did a great job putting PostLift together in terms of using ingredients that have been proven and studied.
    Some of the ingredients you get in 1 serving are:
    - 25gHBCD {for glycogen replenishment}
    - HICA {promotes muscle growth and recovery}
    - BCAAs {promote protein synthesis & muscle recovery}
    + More

Taste - Fruit Punch the only flavor and it is very very strong as others have mentioned. On days that I used it as a Post workout I would have to use 2 full size shaker cups and add 1 scoop in each, to be able to bear the flavor. That is a lot of water to drink just to get 1 product down.

Mixability - was not the greatest if you tried to shake it up. I found that if shook it and let it sit a few minutes then re shook it mixability was improved.

Dosing - This is a post workout supplement, so you would shake and drink once you finished your workout. I did use this a few times but it was a real struggle getting both scoops in 1 shaker. And drinking two shakers full of water back to back is not fun. I mostly dosed this as 1 intra, 1 Post.

1. Is PostLift and effective post workout?
    2. Did it matter that I changed the dosing protocol/splitting the dose? *My opinion is based on the difference that I felt in between the 2 dosing protocols*

In terms of recovery PostLift was incredibly effective, I was using PostLift while incorporating some 20's on different occasions. I had done them previously, I really do hate doing them because of how sore I end up. When supplementing with PostLift I could feel refreshed the next day, yes muscle soreness was present but it was not agonizing. I also noticed my muscles where looking full & round towards the end of the tub.

Now splitting the dose made drinking two full blender bottles worth of this stuff a hell of a lot easier to drink. To me thee effectiveness didn't change very much when splitting the dose. When splitting the dose recovery was increase both in and out of the gym. I mostly noticed the hydration aspect of PostLift during my time splitting the dose. I would normally drink 1/2 a serving close to the halfway mark. This really helped, I felt like I didn't need as much rest in between sets.

So as other reviewers have mentioned, DPS Nutrition is going to be the place to purchase PostLift 34.95 for 20 servings. If you search in Google "Nutrex PostLift" you will get a list of places that sell PostLift. You will see DPS Nutrition half way down and they are the cheapest place you can purchase Nutrex PostLift from.

Side Effects

With a full serving at one time you might get some minor bloating, super strong flavor and over tartness.

Conclusion

PostLift will give you solid results for recovery and growth, it uses clinical doses to provide results. I would purchase PostLift and dose it as I mostly did (split dosing). If Nutrex adds additional flavors and maybe not as strong. I really did enjoy supplementing with PostLift.

Thank you Nutrex.
    • Fruit Punch: 4/10

January 29, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Recovery
    • Reduced DOMs
    • Kept Hydrated

First off, thank you to Nutrex for sending this product out. This was my first ever post workout blend besides your typical protein so I was pretty stoked. Plus I was finishing up just a 2 month bulk so I could use the extra carbs. Secondly I just want to apologize for not getting this up sooner. Work and graduate school got pretty hectic during the holidays and are just starting to settle down now. So, lets see what PostLift had to offer!

25g HBCD low osmolality carbs for accelerated consumption
    NO sugar or artificial coloring
    NO proprietary blends
    10g BCAA's

To touch on a few things, the 25g of HBCD is where you get your recovery and nutrient absorption from. It's acclaimed to be consumed at a faster rate once digested. There is also 2g of HICA which is where your muscle growth comes from. Also, 5g of glutamine which will also aid in recovery. PostLift details everything on the side so I feel a little redundant talking about some aspects.

Taste:

I received the Fruit Punch flavor. To my knowledge, this is the only flavor this comes in. Personally I'm not really a fruit punch kinda guy. Putting that aside, it wasn't terrible though. It was a little strong in the sense of being tart but if you add a little extra water it was fine.

Mixability:

I used a blender bottle when making this. There were times when it wouldn't all dissolve and it would be clumpy as others have noted. Like other products, sometimes you just gotta down it and try not to think about it.

Dosing:

I dosed this two different ways. On days where I knew I was going to be lifting very heavy, I took two scoops post workout. my thought process was that I wanted everything PostLift had to offer immediately after a tough workout. On a typical day I threw one scoop into my water and drank it while lifting. Sometimes I don't finish my full 28oz bottle of water while lifting but I made sure to finish it upon walking out of the gym. Then when I got home I would have a shake.

PostLift definiitely helped me stay hydrated and replenished when used as an intra-workout. I personally like using two scoops post workout the most but I only did so when needed. It aided in my recovery, which I noticed most on legs days. It usually takes me a few days before doing cardio isn't a struggle but while on post lift after the second day I was able to do my normal cardio without aching. It also helped me get essential carbs I needed for my body to grow and recover.

I think this is where PostLift takes a plunge for me. The cheapest I've found this for is $49 on Amazon (and other sites). The container only comes with 20 servings it's $2.45 per serving. After digging a little deeper I found it on DPS Nutrition for $35, which is much more reasonable at $1.75 per serving. I would say picking this up would depend on your overall goals.

Side Effects

No side effects to note.

Conclusion

First, I think they need to tweak the flavor a little bit. They need to dumb it down a tad. Secondly, if you're bulking I would definitely pick this up. I think for 25g of carbs and 10g of BCAA's you really can't go wrong. Just be mindful of where you purchase this from. As stated, most websites have it for $49 but you can find it for $35.

December 20, 2016

• Kept Hydrated

Before I start I would like to thank Nutrex Research for giving me the opportunity to review POSTLIFT. I haven't used many post-workout supplements besides for protein shakes and a carbohydrate source. However I decided to try this because my training program has been taking its toll on my body. During the duration of this review I was training (powerlifting) 5-6 days a week while on a lean bulk diet.

Highlights
    - 2g HICA
    - Reduces Downtime between Workouts
    - Electrolytes to Promote Hydration
    - No Prop Blends

As noted, this is a solid list of ingredients/dosages that are science backed. There are 9 main ingredients making up the main profile which all help you with recovering. There is 25g of Cluster Dextrin "HBCD" The properties Cluster Dextrin enable it to quickly pass through the stomach into the intestines where it's sent to the muscles for recovery. https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/nutrex-postlift

There is 10g of BCAAs - 5g Leucine, 2.5g Isoleucine, 2.5g Valine. Along with the BCAAs your also getting 5g of Glutamine. Some other ingredients you may not see in other post-workout supplements include..... 2.5g Betaine Anhydrous which can aid in the increase of protein synthesis, creatine production all while reducing soreness. Taurine is seen in most energy supplements but there is also the added benefit of reducing muscle soreness.

Nutrex Research does a great job explaining why each ingredient is added in POSTLIFT. http://www.nutrex.com/product/postlift/

Taste - For this review I received the Fruit Punch flavor which is the only flavor available. You really can't do wrong with fruit punch however as workoutguru noted this has a very strong sweet/tart taste. At times the flavor was a bit too strong for my liking.

Mixability - With a serving size of 54.5g with about half coming from Cluster Dextrin there was some small clumps every time. It seemed like no matter how strong I shook my shaker cup there was going to be something. Besides the clumps, there were no other issues with mixability.

Dosing - As the name suggests this is to be taken after training. I mixed 2 scoops (1 serving) with about 18-20 oz of water immediately after training.

In terms of effectiveness this really helped with recovery, growth and hydration. Nutrex really upped the ante with all of those product highlights..... however each one of those marks hit the spot. I was rather surprised by the quickness of recovery times between sets and after training allowing me to train harder. Leg day DOMs usually kill me two days later before using POSTLIFT, however the was dramatically reduced. Another added benefit is from the carb source when counting macros, I know for a fact I don't get the recommended amount of carbohydrates so this helped a lot.

The cheapest value I could find was on DPS Nutrition for $34.95 - 20 servings. Each serving is going to cost around $1.75 which is a bit high - however when compared to other online retailers this was the cheapest value by $6-7 which is way to high. I checked PricePlow since they list online retailers with the cheapest values, DPS wasn't even on the list so you have to do some hunting.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Nutrex POSTLIFT turned out to be an effective source of growth and recovery. There's not a lot of bad to say about this except for the value if you don't research prices and flavoring. I'd like to see a few more flavors, I'd definitely try this product again with a different flavor. Once again thanks to Nutrex Research for giving me this opportunity.
    • Fruit Punch: 5/10

December 19, 2016

• Kept Hydrated
      First off I want to thank Nutrex for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I have never been real big on just regular post workout products but after seeing this I decided I needed to give this a try. Usually I feel that post workout products are ok to have but not that important to use but only if your all ready using an regular amino product and protein. Since I have been trying to bulk a little more and put on a little more weight I thought this might help me a little more. If I can find a post workout product that looks good from ingredients part I don't mind giving them a try once in awhile. They are a product I feel don't need to be used all the time since I do consume regular proteins after workout and aminos during my workouts.

Ingredients:
      I feel that this for the most part has a fairly decent ingredient profile to it. They say on the front of the label that this is clinically dosed so your getting the right amounts of each ingredient. I also like that they don't use any prop blends and tell you just how much you are getting of each ingredient. I like that this has a high amount of aminos, You get your glutamine, and you are getting 25g of cluster dextrin. a lot of really good stuff in here to help you with your recovery and enderance. Here is some info I found on what each ingredient does in the post workout powerhouse part.

Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (HBCD) (25g)1
      This clinically researched, low osmolality carbohydrate is the gold standard when it comes to replenishing muscle glycogen. It has a faster gastric clearance than other carbohydrates commonly used in sports drinks. This allows for better and faster nutrient uptake, which in turn aids in performance and recovery. The beauty is that this superior carbohydrate is completely sugar-free and doesn't cause the same massive insulin spike like regular simple carbs do.

HICA (Alpha-Hydroxy-Isocaproic Acid or Leucic Acid) (2g)2
      Promotes optimum growth and muscle recovery to reduce down-time between workouts. This leucine metabolite decreases the breakdown of muscle proteins (catabolism). With its anti-catabolic nature it reduces down-time between workouts which promotes muscle recovery and optimum growth.

Betaine Anhydrous (2.5g)3
      When taken after exercise Betaine Anhydrous has shown in clinical studies to have benefits that aid in an increase of protein synthesis. This helps support muscle repair and recovery post workout.

BCAAs (10g)4
      L-Leucine (5g)
      Leucine is the most important branch chain amino acid for stimulating muscle protein synthesis.
      Supplementing with 5g of Leucine provides a massive amount of this key amino acid to promote maximum protein synthesis.
      POSTLIFT provides the optimum 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine to Isoleucine to Valine.

L-Isoleucine (2.5g)
      Isoleucine is one of the essential amino acids that is known for its ability to assist in muscle repair and recovery.
      Supplementing with 2.5g of Isoleucine perfectly compliments the tissue repairing effects of the other two branched chain amino acids.

L-Valine (2.5g)
      Valine encourages muscle repair and tissue growth while providing an energy source in the muscles to preserve glucose.
      Research has shown that Valine helps with maintaining the nitrogen balance in the body and is needed for muscle metabolism.

Glutamine (5g)5
      This well research amino acid reduces muscle breakdown caused by training or stress and in turn helps promote muscle growth, repair and recovery. Each serving of POSTLIFT delivers a full 5g of Glutamine.

L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate (2g)6
      The most studied form of carnitine for recovery after high intensity exercise. In clinical trials it has shown to not only reduce muscle damage caused by training but to also enhance natural muscle-building hormone levels.

Taurine (2g)7
      Supplementing with Taurine has also been shown to decrease muscle soreness and aiding in recovery and repair.

Electrolytes8
      POSTLIFT has several vital key electrolytes that help to promote hydration and amino acid uptake to maximize protein synthesis and cell volumization post workout

Value:
      I had to do a little searching for this because I noticed on two different sites the price for this really varied a lot. First I looked on lockoutsupplements.com for this since they usually have some of the cheapest prices out there and they wanted $52.95 for 20 servings and I thought that was rather high for this. I had to look around to see if that was the standard price range this was going for and I found another site that had it and was a lot cheaper. On dpsnutrion.net I found this for $34.95. I could not believe the price difference between the to sites. I was really surprised lockout was that much higher for this. At the price lockout wanted I would say that is a bit to high for me. Since I found this a lot cheaper on dpsnutrion I think makes this a lot better price and worth getting.

Taste:
      This comes in one flavor fruit punch. When I got this I was like here we go again another fruit punch flavor. WOW I was rather surprised how strong this was. This was way to sweet, bitter and tart tasting. It was way stronger than I thought it would be or cared to have it be. I think they really need tone this down a bit on the taste. It is drinkable but just to tart for me. I had to keep adding more water to this to help dilute it as much as possible so the taste would not be so over powering. I would like to see a couple new flavors in this.

Mixing/Dosing:
      There was a little issue with it mixing. Because of the cluster dextrin you really need to shake this up a bit more. I know when I would not shake this up enough I could taste little pieces in this that were not fully mixed up. I like there are no dyes in this for coloring. You get 20 servings in this and they say to use two scoops each time post workout. Since this has a fairly high amount of aminos in it I decided I would take this during my workout instead of using a regular amino product. I did not feel the need to use both products back to back. I would just sip on this during my workout like I would my regular amino product.

I was rather impressed with this product. There is a lot of claims they say this product does that they list on the label which you can see below. I think most of those claims were met pretty well with this product. I used this product maybe just a little differently than how they say to use it. Instead of taking this after my workout I decided I would use this as my intra-workout since I did not feel the need to take another separate amino product during which would have aminos in it also. This has a fairly high amount of aminos in it and by taking a regular amino product along with this would have been a little over kill I think. I think this worked really good as my intra-workout product. I was still getting a lot of aminos along with a lot of other really good stuff with it to help me even more. The more I started to use this product the better I thought it got for me. The biggest thing I noticed was how well my recovery was from this. Some days when I would start my workouts I would be feeling rather tired and between my first few sets I would start to feel really winded right away and would be breathing a lot heavier than normal. As soon as I would start to drink this I noticed my heavy breathing started to do down a lot and my endurance started to really improve a lot between my sets. I felt like I was ready between sets a lot quicker and did not feel as winded. Overall I felt like I had a lot more energy to help keep me going longer. I think with the cluster dextrin they use in this for carbs really helped me a lot on endurance and energy. After drinking this I always felt a lot more hydrated. I know I consumed a lot of extra water while drinking this because like I said above I had to keep adding more water to it so the taste would not be as strong. I did noticed that while I was on this my muscle started to look a lot more puffy like and not as cut which I did not like so much. I think that was mainly because of the cluster dextrin they use. I know carbs can be a big plus or they can be really bad for you if your not carefully as to how you use them and how much you are consuming per day. I did notice a little more bloat in my stomach from this but I was not as worried about that now since I am trying to bulk more and put on more size. If I was on more of a cut and trying to lose weight this might not be so good to use then.

Also I thought the recovery I got from this was really good. For awhile there my lifts had not been going very well and I was not able to hit it as hard and I was not doing as much until my body started to feel better. When I finally started to feel better and was able to start hitting it hard again in the gym is when I noticed how well this product worked for me. The biggest area I thought this really impressed me on was legs. For awhile I was having some issues with my knees bothering me and was not able to work my legs very hard for awhile. When my knees started to feel better and could start hitting my legs a lot harder I figured I would be pretty sore in my legs. I was really impressed with how well this kept my soreness way down in my legs. It almost felt like did I even work my legs that hard but I know I still did. I thought my overall recovery while on this was very much improved which I liked. A lot of the time I felt like I was hardly ever sore or if I was it did not seem to last very long. I know my DOM's were way done while using this. Now that I am off this and back on my regular aminos we will see how much of a difference this really made. I think this really helped me to start feeling a lot better in my body so I could start hitting it harder again in the gym and not hurt so much.

Side Effects:
      This may cause you to get a little more bloated in the stomach. The taste is a bit to over powering and needs to be tone down a little.

Overall:
      This turned out for me to be a pretty solid and effective product for me. Would this be something I would use all the time no but it was nice to have and try. I would say if your more on a bulk give this a try. I would be more than happy to give this another try but would like to see them tone down the taste a bit and make a couple more flavors. If your looking for a solid and effective product I would highly recommend giving this a try. I know price might hinder some from using it but if you want to eliminate your regular aminos with this you could for sure do that and save you the extra money from having to buy another product and use this intra-workout instead. I think they did a good job hitting this out of the park and making it so effective. I want to give a big shout out again to Nutrex for letting us troopers have the chance to give this a try.