Amino Charger + Enrgy Reviews

By: Nutrex

Amino Charger + Enrgy is an Energized BCAA Supplement manufactured by Nutrex. It provides both BCAAs and stimulants to help keep you awake, energized and your muscles fed.

August 11, 2018

• Increased Intensity
  • Colorant Free

Fantastic amino acid, colorant free without compromising taste. Decent value for money, would buy again.

So Nutrex is finally available in South Africa again and this was one of the first products to catch my eye. I train right out of bed in the mornings around 5 am so a quality amino acid supplement is non-negotiable in helping to pull me out of a catabolic state and ready for whatever I have on the cards for that mornings workout. The packaging is solid, sealed well and no moisture damage found upon opening.

Although its ingredient profile is somewhat simple, I found it to be highly effective.
    It boasts 40mg of patented Magnesium (as TRAACS Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate)
    A clinical dosed BCAA 2:1:1 profile of which:
    - 3g L-Leucine (enough to activate mTOR receptors)
    - 1.5g L-Isoleucine
    - 1.5g L-Valine
    As well as a proprietary blend labelled as a "High speed energy & amino complex" for a total of 2g which is comprised of:
    Taurine
    Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate (MGG)
    N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine
    Caffeine Citrate (yielding 100mg active caffeine)
    Theacrine (as pateneted TeaCrine)

Ingredient Breakdown:
    Branched Chain Amino Acids (Leucine, Iso-Leucine and Valine) would aid in preventing muscle catabolism, as well as aid in recovery.
    Taurine is a free form amino acid contained in foods and manufactured in the body from the amino acid cysteine. Because taurine is utilized by the body during exercise and in times of stress, it's become a popular ingredient in energy drinks and of course PWO's.
    MGG as Glutamine itself rapidly dissolves on its own and Magnesium can cause stomach irritability. Glutamine in an amino acid chelate molecule allows for it to be more stable. While magnesium through an amino acid chelate molecule allow for greater availability and less irritability.Magnesium is chelated to both glycine and glutamine in this patented process that stabilizes glutamine and detoxifies magnesium. In this form the molecule breakdown includes, 10% magnesium, 60% glutamine, and 30% glycine. This in turn aids greatly in reducing muscle soreness and shortening of recovery time.
    N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, or NALT, is a supplement that's commonly used by people with ADHD. But, NALT is a unique supplement, because many people report feeling smooth energy, stress relief, happiness, and motivation after using NALT.
    Caffeine Citrate is a central nervous system stimulant, usually used to aid with breathing and lung function.
    TeaCrine, a patented stimulant similar to caffeine but with unlike caffeine, it does not affect blood pressure.

Although I feel the above ingredients are good as they are, I would have liked to see an electrolyte blend such as that of Scivation XtendGo which could help greatly with the loss of salts and decreased hydration during intense training. Even if it were a simple Sodium/Potassium blend, I feel this would increase its value greatly and make a genuine difference.

In comparison with other international Amino Acids ive used, a noticeable difference is that there is no vasodilating ingredients to aid in blood flow and muscle pumps during workout. L-Arginine, Agmantine Sulphate or Citrulline Malate could mean a much more intense workout and an even more enjoyable amino acid complex.

At a serving size of 10.7g its well within PWO scoop range, mixed well when shaken with gusto otherwise small powder bubbles remain.
    I don't think there would be any need to double scoop at any point, going above 8g of BCAA's would wreck even the strongest stomachs and have you on the loo with a caffeine buzz. Not ideal for anyone trying to get a decent workout done on the go.
    Perhaps the most appealing aspect of Nutrex' Amino Charger+Energy was that it is entirely colorant free which I love, for those who don't know, the colorants that are added to many supplements can cause gastric discomfort and skin issues in those prone to those types of issues for which I am one.
    As far as taste goes, fruit punch is pretty much the only flavor available for the charger+energy and in all honesty it was pleasant, easy to get down first thing in the morning, oddly reminiscent of a glass of fruit cocktail juice with your morning breakfast.

Being the caffeine junkie that I am, I was not expecting a massive rush from the minimal 100mg of active caffeine but I know that I needed it to get me up and running at 5 am. I was able to notice a difference in my workouts after about the 3rd session using amino charger+energy. Felt much more driven, slight focus enhancement and found that it was definitely easier to get a sweat going on an empty stomach. For overall effectiveness I would say that Nutrex' Amino Charger+Energy made a significant difference to my workout, perhaps not the same as Scivations XtendGo in terms of muscle pumps and electrolyte supply but still noticeably different as opposed to not using an amino acid supplement at all. Although subtle, the energy boost is evident and no crash was felt after the workout, I can describe it as a very clean energy boost with added mental focus and clarity.

In South Africa Nutrex' Amino Charger+Energy retails for 429ZAR which works out to 32 dollars US for international readers, further split it comes to 14.30ZAR or 1.06US per serving. In SA this translates to pretty good value for money and puts it right up there with the likes of Mutant, Pro-Supps, BioTechUSA and Optimum Nutrition. Although not the cheapest, I have no doubt that it was more effective than any locally made amino acid i've tried in the past.

Side Effects

Quite happy to report no side effects were felt during the entire use of the above product, no shakes, shivers, heart palpitations or indigestion experienced at all. I can safely say that its a risk free amino acid supplement.

Conclusion

Ultimately, I am really happy with the new line that Nutrex has released, being colorant free and tasting phenomenal means that I am likely to stick with them for some time to come. Solid packaging, even when shipped from the US to us in South Africa, the quality remained and a really pleasant experience was had. All in all, a good addition to any fasted morning athlete, gym rat or the average Joe looking for a quick pick me up during a long work day. Would buy again, good work Nutrex.

April 8, 2018

• Decreased Soreness

Hello again SR fam!! Relaxing on a Sunday watching the Master's before i head out for my typical Sunday night basketball. Shout out to Nutrex for sending me a sample of the Amino Charger +Energy. I've started seeing several of their supplements now in the supplement store close to me.

Clinically Dosed BCAA...of course that is what you would see from Nutrex! However, i was a little disappointed in the label not being fully disclosed but I'll let it slide on this product.
      6g of BCAA
      .5g of MGG to also aid in the recovery.
      1.5g of energy complex (Taurine, n-acetyl-l-tyrosine, caffeine citrate and theacrine.
      40mg of Magnesium

Taste - I'd give it a 7 out of 10. It was pretty good, but not amazing. I liked the cosmic burst from the amino charger +hydration better. Same as the +hydration, if stirred with a spoon it would leave a little but mixed up great in a shaker. Dosing is 1 scoop with 8-10 oz of water. Recommended to drink between meals and 30 minutes before a workout but to not take more than 3 servings a day.

As for effectiveness, i thought Amino Charger +energy was very effective. I took this in substitute of amino energy before i go play basketball on Sunday night and it gave me the same amount of energy. It seemed to keep my hydrated longer as i wasn't running for the water fountain after a couple games. I also used this as a pick me up in the afternoon instead of drinking some coffee so that was nice to have as well. As i mentioned in my other review today about watching my caffeine intake while taking thermo fuel prime, this was an excellent source of energy to take while i worked out on lunch. It kept me hydrated through my workout and the energy to push through my reps and move through my workout. As always, helped reduce my muscle soreness.

At 30 for 30 servings, this is an excellent price. Stack that on top of a deal or anything and you have yourself a steal!!

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conlusion, i thought Nutrex produced another excellent product that is simple, yet effective. I do wish this was fully disclosed but as i said earlier i will let it slide bc this is an amino drink. I highly recommend others to try this, especially those that take amino energy and give this a good comparison.

December 18, 2016

Cons:
        Nutrex has been in the industry game for a while now and have built a reputation off of great products such as their pre-workout OutLift. Knowing their tract record I knew i needed to try Amino Charger + Energy when it came available for TROOPER review. Thank you to Nutrex and SR for making this possible.

I was surprised here that Nutrex didn't go full transparency with the Amino Charger + Energy label. I don't see the reason for hiding a mixture of Taurine, caffeine, MGG, Tyrosine, and Teacrine. Well unless a supplement company wants to hide the amount of a patented stimulant of course but why would they do that! Anyway, the ingredient profile isn't anything ground breaking but it gets the job done with being a BCAA product.

Here's some key highlights

6g BCAA at a 2:1:1 raio
        2g of a blend that includes Taurine, MGG, Tyrosine, Caffeine and TeaCrine at any dose possible

Taste

I had the Fruit Punch flavor. A bit tart for my taste and grainy at times but overall i was able to stomach it during my workouts. The more water i used 16-18oz per scoop the better.

Mixability

As mentioned a little grainy taste at times but with added shaking it wasn't an isue

I never found a need to go past 1 scoop personally and consumed it during my workouts.

As I've mentioned before Amino products are hard to judge effectiveness unless diet and sleep are truly consistent being they'll do more for you then BCAA's for recovery. The most noted effect of Amino Charger + Energy was obviously the subtle added energy. Some pre-workouts can leave you drained and crashed 30 minutes into you workout, and it sucks. This is where a product such as Amino Charger + Energy can truly shine. Not just do you get the obviously added effects of BCAA which have numerous clinical studies to back it but you get the added energy boost from the caffeine and the TeaCrine.

Another use I found great for this product was on fasted cardio days I would consume a scoop pre-workout for added energy on top of my scoop during my cardio session. I wasn't big on adding it post workout but there's no reason it couldn't be used that way either. This is nothing that will be overly stimulating but instead a nice energy boost when needed.

$33 before shipping for 30 servings isn't terrible value and puts Nutrex in the middle with most energy amino products.

Conclusion

Nutrex has a versatile and well rounded amino supplement with Amino Charger + Energy. The blend in the profile was a little disappointing but being the energy that comes from the blend is nice and smooth it's nothing majorly concerning.
        • Fruit Punch: 6/10

December 13, 2016

• Decreased Soreness
          Here's a new Amino product from Nutrex Research. As a company, my only dealings with their product are a few years ago when I tried the "Hemo Rage ultra-concentrate", which I was not impressed with. But reading reviews on some of their other products; I've seen nothing but good feedback. So I figured I'd give this Amino/Energy hybrid supplement a run. Hey, I like aminos, and I like energy, so why not?!

PROFILE-7
          This had a Part "Prop-Blend" part "transparent blend" style of label, meaning some ingredient dosages were fully disclosed while others were grouped in a blend. The "Clinically Dosed BCAA 2:1:1" blend has Leucine at 3g, Isoleucine at 1.5g and Valine at 1.5g. Very nice! The "High Speed Energy & Amino" was the Prop-Blend I was referring to, and weighed in at 2g. This one had Taurine, Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate (a chelated magnesium and glutamine molucle thingy), Acetyl-L-Tyrosine. And also we have some Theacrine (at an unknown dose) and 100mg of Caffeine Citrate. At least we know how much caffeine is being ingested. As a whole, it's a good blend but I would have liked to see some straight raw Glutamine included.

This product mixed about as good as you think it would (or as bad as you think it would) as most amino products don't mix very easily and take some time to "melt" into the water. The "Fruit Punch" flavor was more of an interesting citrus flavor, not bad at all. Very little dyes as it mixed into a whitish opaque color. I took this product a variety of ways; as an intra-workout, as a morning cup of coffee replacement, and as a mid-day "pick me up" as I hit my noon slump at work. The latter became my favorite choice. The caffeine was a slow-hitting kind of energy so I didn't take it as a Preworkout.

EFFECTIVENESS-8
          Aminos are can be hard to judge on effectiveness in the short-term, they tend to make their effect known after you stop taking them. This was no different! With continued use I noticed better recovery and less soreness between workout days. I didn't realize the impact it had until the tub ran out and I trained legs. Holy crap I was sore!!! As an Intra-Workout it worked fine, and the energy would build as you sipped on it. I'd sweat profusely, and my body heat would be elevated. Muscle endurance during workouts would be improved, just not on the level a dedicated intra like "Intra-Blast" or a similar product. A few times I tried this as an intra, but after taking a "mild" Preworkout. I did NOT have a good time (more on that below). My favorite way to drink this was as a coffee or energy drink replacement. I'd have a dose in the morning before leaving to work, and/or during the day as I felt it dragging on. Here's where I really like this! The caffeine has a subtle climb in energy, and it would get you through your shift. This along with the clinical amino dosages made it a far better choice for energy than say a huge monster drink! It's not a stim-bomb but it did give a nice boost in energy.

SIDE EFFECTS-9
          There's very little negative to say about this. Even the flavor didn't get old for me.

Now, The several times I tried this as an intra, after taking a mild Preworkout (150-200mg of caffeine); I started to feel uneasy and got cold shivers. A mild anxiety would set in. the last time I tried the above I ended up dumping it and drinking water. I won't gig this product for that reaction, as its kinda my fault I played with the caffeine dosages and thought I was a big boy! I do feel, however, this is something that users should be aware of so learn from my mistakes kiddos. Other than this, there was absolutely zero side effects from this product.

VALUE-6.8
          This ranges from between $33-37 for a 30 serving container. That's on the expensive side for me, but i swear there were more than the listed 30 servings in my tub. Its nicely dosed, and has the energy blend included, so its not without some bonuses.

OVERALL-8
          Like I said before, this is one amino product that, once I stopped taking it, I realized a new level of soreness that made me want to order some more! The energy effects are a real nice addition, just be wary when taking other caffeine sources. This makes a great mid-shift pickup drink! Knowing the above, now I really want to try Nutrex's other version, the Amino Charger Hydration