PhytoFood Reviews

By: NutraHouse

Health & Wellbeing > Greens Supplements
PhytoFood is a Greens Supplement manufactured by NutraHouse. It is intended to help you meet your daily requirement of greens.

July 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Overall Healthier
  • Taste Good
  • Decent Value
  • Immunnity Support
  • Vegan
  • Non GMO
  • Natural
  • Should Be Kept Refrigerated

Pretty good value for the overall quality contained in this greens supplement. It tastes pretty good as well.

I have not normally run a greens product in the past because I used to stick with multivitamins, but I am noticing that I am beginning to enjoy greens products more. I feel like they are better absorbed by my body and a more natural way to receive vitamins and minerals than being synthetically produced for the most part with multivitamins. I have never had neon pee with a greens supplement. Granted, there usually is not an insane amount of B or C vitamins added into greens supplements, but to me it is pointless having that amount when most of it ends up in the toilet anyway.

50 calories, 3 g fat, 6 g carbohydrate (1 g fiber, 1 g sugar), and 1 g protein. The profile is broken up into five different blends. The first blend is the PhytoFood greens complex which is just over 4 g of healthy greens including: wheat grass, broccoli, spinach, spirulina, chlorella, kelp, etc. The next blend is 2.5 g of digestive support and fiber including: chia seed powder, flax seed, oat bran, pumpkin seed, and turmeric. Third blend is the antioxidant fruit and veggie blend at just over 2 g consisting of: milk thistle, beet root, acai, green tea, goji berry, pomegranate, etc. Next blend is 0.5 g of probiotics and enzymes. Final blend is the trademarked VitaBerry ORAC blend at 200 mg.

Overall it is a pretty nice profile containing many super foods and other healthy ingredients. Sweetened with stevia and naturally flavored. Vegan, non-GMO, soy free, GMP facility. Good stuff here.

Taste: Received the berry flavor and I only used it in smoothies as I have said in the past that I believe that is the best way to consume these. Normally my go to smoothie is a milk alternative base, unflavored plant based protein powder, frozen blueberries, a frozen banana, and a kiwi. Sometimes I will add other fruits, non-dairy yogurts, avocados, etc. I added a scoop of this to my smoothies and I actually really enjoyed the taste of it. There is definitely a berry flavor present and the "green" taste was hidden well enough where it was barely noticeable in this preparation.

Mixability: I did not mix this in a liquid by itself, so I cannot really comment on this aspect.

Dosing: Add a scoop into water, juice, or smoothie and mix thoroughly. Keep refrigerated once open to maintain freshness.

Like I mentioned above, greens supplements are the way to go in my opinion over multivitamins. I did not have any problems with the profile and thought it was pretty decent and overall effective in keeping my body running smoothly. I also mentioned it tasted fine in smoothies and that is an important factor to consider when looking to purchase a greens supplement. I am sure that it would have tasted fine on its own too since the berry flavor was so prominent, but I would just prefer to throw these in a smoothie. It never gave me any trouble with digestion. I really like how it is completely vegan, non-GMO, naturally flavored and sweetened, and made in a GMP facility. It contains over 35 different super foods, so that is nice to see. There is not really much else to say about greens supplements aside from the profile/quality, the taste, and how it digests. I guess you can also include your overall health, but I am not really prone to sickness anyway, so that is not a big indicator on the effectiveness for me. Overall, I was pleased with the results of PhytoFood.

The site Vitamindiscountcenter.com has this for $36.99 for 30 servings, which is $1.23 per serving. It also says that it is available for free shipping. I have never heard of the site, so that is up to you if you wish to save a few more bucks than ordering through reputable sites like Amazon or Suppz. Amazon has it for just under $38 and Suppz has it for just under $40. A bit pricey especially since it is not organic, but it is not an awful value since many of the ingredients included are really expensive. Suppz usually runs discounts once in a while, so maybe you could find this cheaper there.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall a fine greens supplement. The taste was not bad at all and the profile is pretty good. May be a bit annoying keeping it in the fridge and taking up space, but that is not too uncommon with green products. I would recommend this, especially if you get it on sale somewhere. Thank you NutraHouse for allowing me to try this.

July 12, 2018

• Regularity Improvement
  • Price Is A Little High
  • Slightly Under-dosed

A good tasting greens formula that does its job. The price is a bit high with its current serving size, but I recommend you give this a try.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! From time to time I like to include a greens supplement in my stack to give me that extra insurance of getting my daily allotment. I had never heard of Nutrahouse, so once their opportunity came up, I had to give it a try. Big thank you to Nutrahouse and SR for this opportunity to review this product for you. I have had experience with some good and bad green products in the past, so lets see how this stacks up in my experience.

As with any other greens supplement out there, you get a ton of ingredients in here, so we are going to hit on the big items only. Each scoop is 10.6g which is a little low for my liking in a greens, as I like to see between 11.25 - 12.5g per serving. Not too big of a deal, but definitely one to take note of when we are trying to maximize our value of greens per serving. In total there are five prop blends which we will touch on.

The first prop blend is the Powerful Phytofood Greens Complex. Here you get 4,098mg of your greens, and basically the reason you are taking this product. Next we get Essentials Digestive & Fiber Blend. That consists of 2,500mg to aid in your digestive system and includes things like Chia seeds which are great to have daily. The Antioxidants, Fruits & Veggies Blend consists of 2,007mg of more greens and reds. The Phytofood Probiotic & Enzyme Blend contains 534mg of digestive enzymes to aid in food digestion. Finally, we get 200mg of VitaBerry Hi ORAC Fruit Blend which is a trademarked ingredient giving you another boost of fruit.

Overall, I like the profile here, even if I find it slightly under-dosed. All the prop blends include things I find important such as Probiotics and Fiber. I do not get overly concerned with prop blends in a greens supplement, as I would really have no clue which ingredient is better at what dose anyways.

Taste: I got the Berry flavor, which I believe is the only flavor available at the moment. I liked it, and I thought it tasted like cinnamon. This is the make or break for Greens supplements, so Nutrahouse did a good job here. It was easy to drink and wasn't the best greens I have had, but thought it was just fine.

Mixability: This mixed together well for me, but I always seemed to have some residue caught up in parts of my Shaker. This was not as bad as I have experienced with other greens supplements in the past, but there will be some residue left over.

Dosing: One scoop a day. I mixed this with around 10oz of water daily, and had it mid afternoon with my afternoon snack.

I never experience an energy boost from a greens supplement, but with Phytofood I did, but it was very very slight. Taking this around 330pm, was great because my work day was wrapping up and usually I would get tired at this point as I wake up around 4am each day. This would give me a slight boost which was nice. This also gave me that overall wellness feeling, but not as great as I have experienced with other greens supplements in the past. I would say its average from what you would expect here.

After being off this for a few days, I really do not feel much of a difference. One thing I did notice lately is that my bowel movements are a lot messier now than they were while taking Phytofood. Not to be gross, but its an important feature to note. I stay regular normally, but this helped keep my business much more solid which is nice.

Overall, this did give me that slight energy boost and make me feel a little healthier. This is about average in effectiveness of a Greens supplement. There is nothing wrong with being average because it means the supplement did its job, so good enough.

Cheapest I could find this was on Jet.com for $36.99 for 30 servings. If you buy multiple tubs the price gets a little cheaper. This comes out to $1.23 per serving, which is a little high considering the serving size. I would not call this expensive but there are cheaper options out there to be had with more bang for your buck. If you can find this on a sale somewhere though, then the price would be right!

Side Effects

Conclusion

I enjoyed my run of Phytofood. I did like the taste, and that in my eyes is the first real test of a greens supplement. I think if the dose were just a little bit higher, the effects would increase slightly and the price would be more on par. Other than that, I do recommend you give this a try if you are in the market for a greens supplement. While it will not WOW you, it will do its job and provide that daily immunity support you are looking for. Thanks again for this opportunity.
  • Berry: 7/10

6.8
  July 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Value
  • Immunnity Support
  • Regularity Improvement
  • Overall Healthier
  • Taste Good

PhytoFood is an efficient way to help supplement your body with various essential nutrients to help support overall health, immunity, and regularity.

A special thanks to NutraHouse for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their Greens supplement PhytoFood. Intensive training combined with a hectic lifestyle will eventually take its toll on our health. Keeping a healthy diet while having a multivitamin on hand is a good way to help keep the body in working order. However, there are times where we need a little more. Green supplement can help give that extra boost to our bodies' vital systems to help ward off illnesses, keep our plumbing in check, and support overall health.

The profile is very extensive and listing and discussing all the ingredients at once will be too time consuming. Therefore, refer to the image down below for a complete breakdown of the ingredients.

The product has 5 prop blends. I normally come down on prop blends as a negative, but Green supplements are an exception for me since you can't expect such a wide array of ingredients to all be properly dosed. Unless the blends are ridiculously underdosed in total, then no reason to deduct major points here.

The first blend is the Greens Complex dosed at 4,098mg. It contains an array of essential green herbs known for their immunity and systemic support properties such as broccoli, spinach, and aloe vera.

The next is the Essential Digestive and Fiber Blend at 2,500mg. This contains sources of fiber and herbs that help support digestive functions such as turmeric, chia seed, oat bran, and apple pectin.

Following is the Antioxidants, Fruits, and Veggies Blend at 2,007mg. As the name suggests this complex is aimed at providing immunity and overall health support protection from free radicals. Some ingredients included are green tea, milk thistle, grapefruit, pomegranate, and goji berries.

Next is the Probiotic and Enzyme Blend at 534mg. This contains bacterial cultures and digestive enzymes known for digestive and regularity support such as bromelain, lipase, amylase, and various strains of the probiotic Lactobacillus.

Lastly is the Vitaberry ORAC Blend at 200mg. This is to provide further immunity support and protection against free radicals. It contains ingredients such as blueberry, grape seed, tart cherry, and cranberry.

A promising looking profile despite the prop blends. Again, check out the image for a more complete breakdown.

I received the berry flavor and I enjoyed it. It didn't have the dirty, earthy, murky aftertaste that many green supplements often have.

It mixed fine for the most part in water, but I did very tiny occasional bits.

I took one serving mixed with water sometime in the early afternoon everyday.

In discussing immunity support, I never fell ill and felt overall more energized while on PhytoFood. I had a higher level of natural energy throughout the days and less lagging feeling at night on each consecutive day. I work some crazy hours so staying illness free and having consistent energy is pretty important.

While my regularity wasn't bad before supplementing, I did experience more frequent bowel movements with better bulk and ease. I didn't have any spontaneous gaseous or bloating episodes anytime during the day even after big or heavy roughage containing meals. The digestive enzymes and probiotics definitely helped in this.

In summary, I felt healthier, more naturally energized, more protected from illness, and experienced more efficient regularity.

The cheapest I found this is on vitamindiscountcenter.com for 36.99 for 30 servings. That is a couple of extra dollars compare to other equally as good Green supplements. Considering that as well as the product's quality and effectiveness, that is a reasonable value. Though, since it is a couple dollars more, I would suggest looking out for sales and coupons as vendor websites do offer such for PhytoFood.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Despite the prop blends and a slightly higher price tag PhytoFood is a very good Green supplement for those needing extra overall health, immunity, regularity, and natural energy support. Be sure your diet is in check for max benefits and look out for sales.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!