MonoPUMP 90ct Reviews

By: Nutraceutical Innovations

Pre-Workout > Pump
MonoPUMP 90ct is a Pump Product manufactured by Nutraceutical Innovations. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.
6.6

August 31, 2016

• Not Much Info About Ingredient

When the opportunity arose to try a new & single-ingredient pump product, I couldn't have been more excited. A relatively obscure dietary supplement in the past as an immune booster, this had been given GRAS status. It was too cool to think somebody had taken a high dose before working out and noticed a pump and then introduced it to the market. If this stuff worked, it would be cool to be one of the first to use it before it's commonly found in everything.

But it didn't work for me.

Points for being fully disclosed. Points for being properly dosed according to common usage, but I can't call it clinically dosed when there aren't any clinical trials.

The only ingredient in this product is monolaurin, which is lauric acid bonded to glycerol. The touted effects come from the glycerol consumed. Glycerol, commonly found supplementally in ingredients like hydromax glycerol silicate powder and glycerol monostearate, draws water into the muscles and causes hyperhydration. Hyperhydration does provide pumps and exercise benefits.

Monolaurin is a similar ester to glycerol monostearate, but with a higher fraction of its molecular mass being glycerol and a shorter saturated fatty acid attached. This makes it more water soluble and therefore potentially better absorbed than glycerol monostearate.

I'm not convinced that the my body is able to utilize the glycerol from monolaurin, as I get pumps from GMS but not this stuff. Others, accoring to user reviews, have bodies that allow them to get a pump from monolaurin.

5 pills is a little excessive. I hear the flavor is bitter though. I'm not sure how long before a workout responders need to take this, but I experimented and found nothing successful.

No pumps. I tried 10 pills a couple of times and got sleepy, but didn't get pumped. I tried all sorts of timings and quantities and poured the powder out of the capsules into other drinks but nothing gave me a better pump in the gym.

There is a lot of promise for this ingredient as immunoprotective, and it has had a lot of success in in-vitro trials as a bacterial and viral inhibitor. There's a few promising reports of Lyme disease being improved by using this, and there aren't many options for some with Lyme disease. I personally didn't have any reason to believe that MonoPump helped my immune system, as I'm not often sick and continued to not be sick while I used it.

This is going to be the value for me. SupplementReviews describes a 4/10 value rating as "It's too expensive for me to consider ever buying again" and that is exactly where it fits. It compares quite well to other products that are sources of monolaurin, but there's no way I'd pay for a product that doesn't do what it's supposed to.

Side Effects

n/a

Conclusion

I like this company. Beg them for a sample pack and try it on an arm day. If you're a responder like some of the reviewers here, then this single ingredient product that potentially boosts your immune system and pumps up your muscles is a great value and great option.

But I wouldn't recommend potentially wasting $32 to try a bottle when the reviews so far seem to indicate it has a 50/50 chance of working.

August 23, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Moderate Vascularity
    • Good Vascularity
    • Can Be Expensive Depending On Servings
    • Ingredient Not Made For Pumps
    • Not Much Info About Ingredient
    • Ineffective By Itself
    Hey, hey SR Fit Fam!! I'm back with another review of a product I received from the SR TROOP Program. I went through a bit of a cut these last couple of months since it was summer time and I was looking to make sure I didn't lose the edge in the gym. I am in love with the pump I get in the gym and enjoy taking any product I think might give me a little more. I stacked Mono Pump with a couple of different preworkouts and tried it alone as well to see any benefits by itself. Thanks for this opportunity!!

One ingredient....1-lauroyl-glycerol

It's weird because I don't think I have ever taken a pump product with just one ingredient. I wasn't exactly sure that it would do anything. I did a little research on the internet on what exactly this ingredient was supposed to do to enhance my pump and below is what I found.

---Nothing--- :) I looked on Google and couldn't find anything on the entire ingredient. I could find something on glycerol but not the entire ingredient. This makes me wonder as to what to expect from this product.

I did find one website that was saying you could use this as an immune system booster so it leads me to believe that this ingredient is supposed to boost your immune system as well. At least I can say I never got sick while on it...

Taste- NONE because they are capsules

Mixability- NONE

2-3 Capsules preworkout is what it suggests but I weighed over 200lbs so I listened to some others and ended up taking 5 at a time before the workout.

This is where it gets sticky. I started off stacking this with my preworkout at the time. That's how I've always used pump products in the past and never really had an issue. I, also, make it a point to try the product a few times without a preworkout just to see if I can tell that much of a difference without a preworkout. While stacking this with a preworkout I could tell the pump and vascularity was better than just with preworkout alone. By itself I couldn't tell it was doing anything but giving me some decent vascularity. I even went with 6 pills one time by itself because I wanted to see and nothing...

You can find this on Amazon for about $25 for a 90 count. If you are just using this for workouts and you just take 3 pills a day then you get 30 workouts out of it so the value would be pretty good if it works for you. If you are like me and need 5 pills then you are only going to get 16 workouts instead of 30. I workout 5 days a week so that's a little over 3 weeks for me. Combine that with the fact that I didn't see much help when stacked I'm not sure it's a great value for me...

Side Effects

I didn't notice any side effects.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I was out of town at a friends house and we wanted to workout together so I brought my supps, clothes etc... He had just started getting into really working out 5 days a week as well and he takes a preworkout. He grabbed my bottle and started looking at it and asked about it. I recommended that he take some and see what he thought. He enjoyed the extra vascularity and pump he was getting on arm day that day. So much so that he ordered 2 bottles that night. Although, I'm not sure I would use the product over some of the others out there I can tell you that it did work for him and I've seen that it's working for others as well.... Thanks again SR.com and Nutraceutical Innovations for this wonderful opportunity. In the end this product is really a toss up to me...

6.3
      August 20, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Moderate Vascularity
    • Can Be Expensive Depending On Servings
    • Not Much Info About Ingredient

I'd like to give my most sincere apologies to Nutraceutical Innovations for taking so long to write this review. My life has been extremely hectic recently but that's really no excuse. I hope my review provides some valuable feedback for you and sorry again. Also, thanks so much for letting me try out MonoPUMP.

MonoPUMP is just 1 part monolaurin and 1 part glycerol in the form of 1-Lauroyl-glycerol @ 650mg per capsule. Additionally, there is minimal filler which is always nice. It is a bit hard to rate this ingredient profile because while glycerol is a well-known ingredient that can help you get and maintain a pump, monolaurin is more unknown to most audiences. Furthermore, monolaurin has been traditionally used as an immune booster rather than a pump-inducing supplement. All that being said, the bulk of my rating is coming from the inclusion of glycerol, which I love in the HydroMAX form. I'm adding another point for the uniqueness of this profile (monolaurin and its potential immune boosting benefits) and the alleged better absorption of glycerol in 1-Lauroyl-glycerol form.

As these are small blue capsules, they are extremely easy to take. There is no aftertaste and they are hardly a choke hazard like some horse pills. Dosing is relatively easy with Nutraceutical Innovations recommending 4 capsules for 150-185lb individuals, 5 capsules for 190-225lb individuals, and 6 capsules for anyone over 225lbs. I started dosing at 4 capsules on training days to correspond to my 160lb bodyweight, but I experimented with 5-6 capsules. Additionally, I occasionally took one capsule on rest days for any immune boosting effects as the instructions mentioned that it could be dosed as such for use as an immune system booster. Usually I'd give a 10/10 for something like this but I am deducting a point because there is a little confusion with dosing instructions as the bottle and website also say to take between 3-5 capsules before working out. Not a huge deal, but not worthy of a full 10/10 rating either.

6.5/10
    I really wanted to love this product. A unique, single-ingredient pump supplement sounded to good to be true. Unfortunately, it was. Well, sort of. Originally, I dosed this at 4-6 capsules in combination with a more energy-focused pre-workout supplement that had some ingredients for pump. With this combo, I had some good results. I particularly remember some good pumps on arm day, which I loved. After about two weeks of dosing like this, I figured that I should try MonoPUMP as a standalone product. Not only would this help me determine MonoPUMP's individual effectiveness, but I also had wanted a non-stimulant pump-inducing supplement for late night workouts when I didn't feel like staying awake all night. When I dosed MonoPUMP as a standalone product, however, I was unpleasantly surprised. The effectiveness took a gigantic nose dive. Some days I couldn't tell I had taken anything at all and even failed to get a pump at any time. Other days I would notice a slight difference and seemed to get a pump a little quicker than usual but it wouldn't always last the entire workout. It is a bit unfair to blame this completely on MonoPUMP as training style, intensity, and your mindset can contribute to your pump but I found the results were the same on both "good" and "bad" days/workouts. The effectiveness went from what I'd say was a 7.5 to about a 5.5. Hence, my rating is exactly in the middle of these two scores. It is a bit hard to say how much weight a product's effectiveness in a combination [of other supplements] should count. I usually err on the side of standalone effectiveness being weighted more, but with pump-inducing supplements I know that they are very commonly taken with stimulant-based supplements to complement that product's deficiencies in the pump department. That being said, I chalk it up to a 50/50 and thus meet in the middle between the two scores [7.5 and 5.5] for effectiveness.

6.25/10
    The value here is nothing spectacular with a 180 count bottle running a little under $30. Keep in mind that the value will fluctuate depending on your bodyweight/how many capsules you take. That should go without saying, but still. If MonoPUMP was extremely effective, I'd be more inclined to increase this rating a bit because I'd subscribe to the "the results are worth the price" argument, but seeing as I could go get an effective glycerol-based powder supplement for around $20 I have to rate this lower. This is on par with more effective pump-inducing supplements like Stacked N.O. so I would suggest Nutraceutical Innovations not worry so much about price and more on improving the effectiveness. With an improved effectiveness, the value rating would surely go up and MonoPUMP would easily compete with other pump-inducing supplements.

Side Effects

I didn't experience any side effects while taking MonoPUMP.

Conclusion

6.5/10
    I'm giving MonoPUMP a 6.5/10 rating as it scored high in the less important areas but between the 6.25-6.5 range in those that counted. I decided to go with a 6.5/10 because the value rating could easily go up depending on how many capsules one takes, as well as if the standalone effectiveness can be improved. I felt like this was a fair rating methodology and hope this review can help improve MonoPUMP. MegaLax made me a fan of Nutraceutical Innovations, so I really do hope they can improve MonoPUMP or replace it with something more effective and I look forward to trying any future versions and/or pump-inducing supplements.

August 20, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Muscle Pump
    • Great Value
    • Not Much Info About Ingredient
    Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program and the people at Nutraceutical Innovations, for the opportunity to try their Mono Pump product. Pump products in general are not a staple for me, they are that extra gravy I purchase when I have extra dough in my pocket. I have tried dozens of different types/brands during the course of my lifetime. Have my favorites and even the basic L-Arginine is one of them at specific dosages.

Ingredient Profile;

One product, just one ingredient 1-lauroyl-glycerol- that is all folks...

Not much information out there for this specific ingredient. Even the great Google was slayed here, as there just isn't any information out there for this compound, glycerol yes, but not the specific ingredient here. I have never heard of it before and would dub it a mystery ingredient.

Taste:

N/A as these are capsules ingested

Mixability:

N/A as again these are capsules which are ingested

Dosing:

Based on prior reviewers and some input from the company here, it seemed they recommended up to 5 based on your weight. So that is the dosing I used for the entire run of the two 90 count bottles provided.

I took 5 capsules with water 30 minutes before my workout.

Effectiveness 8/10:

5 capsules was perfect for me.

When you take a pump product and are wearing a tank top to the gym, and your arms are looking pumped in your car, before you even lift a weight, you know its gonna be good.

The pumps from day one were really swole, not vascular/veiny, and some really good secondary pumps for example when training shoulders, shoulders were pretty swole and triceps looked like they already were worked half way through my shoulder workout. I am not one to sit and stare at myself in the mirror, but the extremely rare information on this ingredient had me wondering each gym day, what is this stuff, where did it come from and how was it discovered. I hope more information comes out about this product

This also doubles as an immune support booster, but a much lower dosage.

Value 9/10:

There was some talk from the company that the product will be out in 180 capsule form, low and behold it is. 180 capsules for $24.99 at Legendary Supplements. At my effective dosage, that's 36 days of 5 capsules at 69 cents per day, that's pretty awesome value!!

You do not fine that type of value much in pump products, other than maybe straight L-arginine.

Side Effects:

No side effects noticed

Conclusion 8.5/10:

I am calling this the new Pump ingredient on the block. Awesome value for me based on the above. Great primary and secondary pumps. Definitely getting this product on my pump product list rotation.

Overall
    Overall
    5.8
      August 6, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Vascularity
    • Can Be Expensive Depending On Servings
    • Ingredient Not Made For Pumps
    First off I owe Nutraceutical Innovations a big apology. I am truly sorry it has taken me this long to get this up.
    Now let me say that most pump products for whatever reason seem to respond well for me the first few weeks, but they mostly all fall short after that. Very few have shown that they can stick it out every time.

Profile
    I am not how to rate this. It is just one single ingredient, which I think is really cool. Pretty much a completely different approach to something like this.
    Basically this is Monolaurin, and others have hit on what this does and what it is so I will just say , check out other reviews for more info that I may have missed. To be honest I have found it to be more of a immune system booster than an actual pump enhancer.

Well when I received this,I got two bottles in the mail, I thought wow they are so kind. This will last for a good while as the dose said to take 3 pills , but I got to reading on the forums and they was having to up the dose to at least 6 pills for most to get any benefits from it. Being a bigger guy, I went ahead and started off with 6.

Effectiveness 5
    Yea I really hate giving a low grade , I truly do. At first I thought this stuff rocked, First time taking it was on legs and man I got a insane pump on that one. Next was chest and arms. Again killer results. Then the second week started, and it started to fade from there. I even went up to 8 pills! No change and honestly If I have to take 8 pills, just give me a scoop and be done with it.
    I love my pump more than a lot of things in life. I mean who doesn't. I just think that maybe using a ingredient actually used for pumps and circulation and stuff would be a better approach than trying to get my immune system up to par.
    Toward the end of the bottles I felt it was basically a waste to take them. I would get somewhat of a pump, but not sure if this aided in that or just me getting the Gainz. Ha.

Value 5
    There are some decent deals that can be found but with the results I had , It just does not justify it.
    The best one I can see so far was actually from their website. You can get the 180 count bottle for 28 bucks. Most other places is the 90 count for around 20 -25 bucks.

Overall 5.8
    Nutraceutical Innovations does make some good supplements some of their transdermals have shown some great results on some forums I have checked out. This one though, and I hate to say it, needs to be improved. I really appreciate the opportunity to try this and give it a go, I just wished it would have continued to be a solid one like it teased me with at the beginning.

7.1
      August 4, 2016

• Can Be Ineffective Dependent Upon Different Training Regimens

What's up everyone! First off sorry for my absence! Thank you SR and Nutraceutical Innovations for giving me this opportunity! My introduction of my background goes as follows. I am currently doing Sheiko routine. I train primarily for powerlifting. I am somewhat of a noob when it comes to pump products this being my third or fourth one but when I saw it I decided to give it a try.

Honestly besides their website I couldn't find much on this ingredient. Here is what they had to say "MonoPUMP is essentially Monolaurin and ingredient that's been around for a long time but only used as an immune system boosting ingredient. It is found in coconut milk and breast milk which have endless beneficial uses. It is a molecule composed of 1 part glycerol and 1 part lauric acid.
    MonoPUMP increases blood volume by water retention, utilizing the inherent, hydrophilic property of glycerols, enhanced environmental temperature tolerance and body temperature regulation by improved hydration status. The glycerol is proposed to help "hyperhydrate" the body by increasing biding water to increase blood volume. This helps delay dehydration and expand muscle size analogous to a pump when msucles are contracted during exercise. Imagine training your biceps, as the muscles begin to contract blood pumps through the muscle, the muscles stay swollen as the water bound to the glycerine stays in the muscles and keep them voluminous while the blood goes back into his general circulation"

The jury is still out.

The dosing on this was fairly simple. I took five capsules preworkout and that was the extent of it. No taste obviously or mixability.

Okay so I did two routines while I used this. I started off with the Ed Coan routine where there was a lot of accessory work and sheiko where it is repetitive of the big three. When I was using the Ed Coan routine and doing exercises such as curls, leg extensions, incline dumbbell press my pumps were incredible! When I did sheiko honestly with the compound movements I didn't feel anything. I could feel it kick it after 10 minutes my veins in my hands would come to the surface and up and down the rest of my arms. Honestly I thought this was great until I started doing compound movements more frequently(and only compound movements). I could see someone being disappointed if they wanted a pump but trained in a way where it wasn't noticeable. I truly enjoyed it when I was doing shoulders, bi's, and tri's though!

$25 for a 45 day supply? Who can complain about that?!

Side Effects

Conclusion

My conclusion is this, if you are a normal gym goer who just goes to lift weights to get big this would be a great pump product. For an athlete or a person with a specific goal and goal orientated training program this may miss the mark. Sorry again for the lag! POPS OUT

Overall
    Overall
    6.4
    6.6
      July 27, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Vascularity
    • Can Be Expensive Depending On Servings

Introduction + Ingredient Profile

This was my first experience with Nutraceutical Innovations testing out their Mono Pump. To be totally honest, I was not really interested in trying this when it was first put up on the dashboard, but Flash's review actually made me want to try it. I believe NI put up another ten bottles and I decided to claim it this time around. Mono Pump consists of one active ingredient, monolaurin or 1-lauroyl-glycerol. I have not heard much about this ingredient, but apparently it has been around for a while -- mostly as an immune booster. Monolaurin is made of one part glycerol and one part lauric acid. Lauric acid is a saturated fat found in coconuts and is responsible for most of its healthy properties. Each capsule contains 650 mg of monolaurin. On NI's website, they write that monolaurin benefits athletes by helping "hydrate the tissues, increase blood volume, and delay fatigue and exhaustion associated with dehydration".

NI writes on the bottle to take 3-5 capsules 15-30 minutes prior to exercise for maximum cell vasolidation. If using as a daily immune system booster, take one capsule daily. NI's website states that effective dosages mostly depends on the user's body weight. With this in mind, they suggest four capsules for an individual that is 150-185 pounds, five capsules for an individual 190-225, and six capsules for anyone over 225. I guess anyone who weighs 186-189 pounds cannot use this (joking). If one uses a pre-workout, NI says that the dosage can be slightly decreased.

Throughout my duration of using Mono Pump, I weighed anywhere between 190-200 pounds as I have been cutting using a keto diet. In my first week of use, I used this as a standalone to try and gauge where my "sweet spot" was. I initially started with five caps and noticed next to nothing in terms of any type of pump. The next workout I went with six caps, and that seemed to be a bit better. I went with seven caps and still was not pleased with what I was seeing, so on my fourth workout I went with eight caps and I noticed a lot more vascularity. Once I saw that eight caps was where Mono Pump worked for me, I opened them into my pre-workout from then on. After I started doing that, I noticed a lot of veins popping in my arms all the way up to my shoulders. I never noticed a "full muscle pump" with this though. I have been doing a lot of super sets, so I think my training should have been a good indicator of how well this worked for a full muscle pump or a "wet pump" as some people may call it.

I think that one thing that has to be considered is that I have been on a keto diet as I mentioned earlier, so a lack of glycogen in the muscle could definitely be a reason why I did not receive a better pump that others have mentioned. It also could be the reason why I needed to use eight caps to notice any effect at all.

It seems NI has used the early reviews on Mono Pump to help make this more appealing to consumers. A rep from NI commented on Flash's review saying that they upped the count on the bottles from 90 to 180 while keeping the price just about the same. I really like seeing that they take their criticisms or suggestions seriously to help themselves out, which gets passed along to the consumers. Anyway, the 180 count bottle can be found for $28.99 plus any applicable shipping on NI's website. This comes out to about $0.16 per cap, so the value is really dependent on how many caps the user needs to notice effects. Since I found eight to be effective for me, that equals 22.5 servings at just under $1.30 a serving. That is a bit expensive in my opinion for a pump product.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Since I am not 100% certain that my diet was the reason that the effects were not as pronounced for me as others have noted, I cannot fully recommend this one. It does seem like this product is a hit or miss, judging by the reviews on it I have read. Maybe if I reintroduce carbs into my diet later in the year, I could come back to this and retest it out to see if I notice a more full pump. Thank you Nutraceutical Innovations for allowing me to try this out.

July 23, 2016

• Can Be Expensive Depending On Servings

Hello SR. Here to review a pretty nice pump supplement. First I would like to thank Nutraceutical Innovations for sending out two bottles, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. Now, I was a bit skeptical about this supplement because the reviews for this are a 50/50 on being good or just eh, so I wanted to see how it'd be for me since I love pump products.

1-Lauroyl-glycerol at 650mg PER CAPSULE. Servings can vary apparently for body type, so you could be looking at using 3-5 caps per day for pwo effects. So that's 1,950mg's-3,250mg's of this ingredient. Science is odd with the research of this ingredient from what I read, but we can't always go off of what research tells us because there's usually a variable missing that determines the outcome for that research. Anyways the product worked great for me and the effects physically showed to not be called a placebo effect.

There's really no taste to note with these capsules.

Mixability N/A

Dosing is noted as 3-5 caps for preworkout use. This depends on your body weight since the amount of water in the body can decrease it's potency with lower dosing. I know I have a lot of water retention during bulk so 5 caps was my starting point and it worked well. I didn't mix with a stime pwo for a week to see how it reacted on its own.

Full muscle pumps and some nice vascularity, which is what a solo pump supplement is supposed to do. I would have liked to see more veins popping, but the muscle fullness was nice and made me want to keep going with my workout. After about an hour after use my muscles looked nice in the mirror without having to even flex, so I'd say it was very effective at what it's intended use is for.

I found this on Amazon for $19.99 for 90 caps, and I'm assuming that's the price for them to send only one bottle. Regardless, two bottles (180 caps) would be $40.00 for 36 days of use, which still makes it under a dollar per serving, plus you're just using it for pwo also. That's like 7 weeks of servings if you train 5 days a week. The given value to me is pretty acceptable.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

I'd recommend this to anybody looking for a new pump product to try that has very minimal ingredients. It gives you the option to add a preworkout stim in or not. I'm not saying this is the best pump supplement I've used, but it is effective and the value atm is pretty solid. Thanks again for allowing me to review your product Nutraceutical Innovations.

July 23, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Muscle Pump

Workouts have been focusing more on hypertrophy lately and I have always liked my pump products so I decided to give something a little different a try. The reviews I have read on this product were all over the place, but i figured what the heck I can run through a pump product rather quickly if it doesn't work im only out a couple weeks of being able to use something else.

Just one ingredient here, Monolaurin which is glycerol and Lauric acid. Studies from the nutraceutical site shows that this can be found in coconut milk along with breast milk and has been used in the past for immunity boosting properties. It has recently been shown to help hyperhydrate the body and help the volume of blood allowed into the muscle cells shuttling more nutrients and in turn looking more "pumped"

I broke these open and mixed them into my preworkout, I was sent 2 90ct bottles so I went ahead and jumped into the max dosage recommended at 5 caps preworkout. the powder from the capsules will be kind of clumped up, but there is absolutely no taste to it.

I was doing a lot of sets while on this and really focusing on my muscle contractions and mind to muscle connections, but even with doing that in the past i've never had my muscles feel this good. within the 1st 30 minutes or so I had a very full muscle from whatever group I was hitting that day. Vascularity in my forearms was absolutely sick, but for some reason the vascularity only showed up in my forearms. I had veins branching off where id never seen them before. The pump was most noticeable on chest days and unlike anything I have ever experienced walked around like a bird with my chest stuck out and it even got painful on a couple of occasions. this past weekend I had to corner a friend at an MMA fight and took a dose before the event when I thought I was going to get a workout in and just the being tense before the fight got my chest full and tight.

28.99 for 180-caps, for me that equates to 36 workouts, it is a single ingredient so the price does seem to be a little steep, but for me it downright worked so I would spend the money on it if I was in need of a pump product without hesitation.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Nutraceutical Innovations really impressed me with this productwhen I wasn't expecting anything great. I wouldn't want the to go try to fix something that wasn't broken but I just wonder how good this could be if they were to add in a couple extra ingredients or put this single ingredient into a preworkout powder.

July 11, 2016

Cons:

I want to thank Nutraceutical Innovations for participating in the SR Troop Program. This is my third NI review that I have done and seen solid results from the previous two products. Since I switched from Powerlifting to more of a bodybuilding style I've wanted to start using some pump products. When this became available I grabbed it thinking I'd see great results, however I was very wrong. During the duration of this review I was training 5-6 days a week while on a fairly strict diet.

Claims:
        Extreme Muscle Fullness
        Immune System Booster
        Enhanced Muscle Growth
        Take 3-5 Capsules before working out for an intense PUMP!

The ingredient profile is pretty simple: each capsule contains 650mg of 1-Lauroyl-glycerol (monoglyceride & monolaurin). As in the name MonoPump: There is one ester formed from glycerol and lauric acid. Basically this formulation transports water into the cells and tissues which leads to a pump.

http://newhope.com/supplements/hydromax-better-glycerol-sports-nutrition - Although this is for HydroMax this gives you insight of how glycerol works.

Since this is in capsule form there is no taste or mixability to review. The dosing protocol says to take 3 to 5 capsules 15-30 min before exercising. You can also use this as a daily immune system booster at 1 capsule daily. I took 5 capsules about 20-30 min before training only, didn't use on non-training days. The bottle size confused me since we were given two 90 count bottles but I don't see the 90 count on their website anymore, just 180 count.

In theory MonoPump should work since there is evidence that 1-Lauroyl-glycerol works. However that was not the case for me, I didn't notice a thing other than swallowing 5 capsules. The claims of Extreme Muscle Fullness & Enhanced Muscle Growth wasn't there for me. At times I did notice a little pump but it wasn't extreme fullness or growth. I have gotten much better pumps from other products, this really disappointed me since I saw solid results using other NI products.

Like I said above I'm not really sure if they sell the 90 count anymore, its only found on Amazon. The Nutraceutical Innovations website sells 180 count bottles for $28.99 sale price. Each capsule costs around .16 cents and price is really dependent on your bodyweight or effectiveness. NI recommends 4 capsules for users 150-185lbs, 5 capsules for users 190-225lbs and 6 capsules for anyone over 225lbs. For my bodyweight (205lbs) I used 5 capsules which costs around .80 cents a serving with 36 servings total.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion MonoPump didn't work for me, however it may work for others. I didn't want to go over the suggested capsule use for bodyweight but that might've helped a little. None of the claims were justified with this review and I was rather disappointed. I still would use other NI products since there was good effectiveness with those products.