(Better than 88% in Natural Testosterone Boosters)

PRICES
(180 ct) - [$0.27/ct]

Nutraceutical Innovations
MegaLax is a Natural Testosterone Booster manufactured by Nutraceutical Innovations. It helps optimize your natural testosterone levels, which helps encourage muscle growth and fat loss.

August 10, 2016

• Increased Strength
  • Enhanced Absorption
  • No Muscle Gain

I've long considered laxogenin to be one of the best available supplements for the huge population of athletes and lifters who want to avoid steroids for legal or competitive reasons. The research and anecdotes associated with laxogenin compare it to anavar, which is silly, but people clearly and consistently gain strength on this stuff. Let's talk about how Nutraceutical Innovations' product performed for me and how it compares to the current field of supplements in this category.

9.1/10

One of the biggest contentions with laxogenin supplements is their poor bioavailability and absorption. One attempt to solve this problem is binding the laxogenin molecule to a lipid like phosphatidylcholine to form a phytosome that improves absorption (PMID: 19803548). Another method of increasing bioavailability is absorbing laxogenin transdermally by applying it to the skin and allowing it to be drawn into systemic circulation through the skin. MegaLax attempts to solve the absorption issue with its TetraSorb delivery technology which consists of: an enteric capsule which minimizes breakdown of laxogenin in the stomach via acids and enzymes, a fat that dilates the tight junction and increases permeability in the gut (PMID: 22150547), a saponin that both acts as a surfactant and increases gut permeability (http://www.wjpr.net/download/article/1409138810.pdf starting on page 6, but the whole write-up on oral bioavailability is interesting), an analog of the grapefruit juice extract bergamottin which has gained popularity as an additive to prohormones increasing their lifespan in the system, and finally piperine which also inhibits certain enzymes and may increase the absorption and lifespan of laxogenin in the body.

And then of course, the important part: Laxogenin. 25mg per capsule leaves it plenty flexible in terms of the dosage you want to take. They recommend 4 caps per day for 100mg/day, the typically recommended dosage even without a specialized delivery system to increase absorption. Works for me.

I've heard anecdotally that transdermal laxogenin can be more effective, but I prefer the convenience of pills.

n/a

I like the versatility of 25mg capsules.
I wouldn't recommend opening them and mixing the powder with a shake or drink. Fairly powerful and very bitter flavor.

8.7/10

I gained strength while losing weight during my run on MegaLax. I took 2 caps with breakfast and 2 preworkout (or with dinner on rest days). I gained more strength while using it than I did in the prior year. And I cut down almost 14 pounds in the same 8 weeks. I don't think anything else needs to be said.

8.7/10

This is one of the best prices per milligram that you can find on laxogenin. It's the very value you can find on a product that also has an absorption enhancer.

Olympus Labs' laxogenin product has an absorption enhancer combined with the laxogenin in a proprietary blend, and best case scenario it still falls far short of MegaLax's value. If the contents of Olympus Labs' laxogenin product proprietary blend are in the same 1:3 ratio of laxogenin:absorption enhancer like MegaLax has, then the value is 18% of the value of this product.

Primeval Labs' laxogenin product claims it now has 'liposomal technology' to increase bioavailability, but lists no ingredients on its label that would account for this change in ingredients. Regardless of whether they added an undisclosed delivery enhancer, it still has a worse value than MegaLax.

The only laxogenin product I found that had a better price per milligram was Nutraceutical Innovations' bulk laxogenin powder.

I attached a picture of the chart I made to compare various popular laxogenin supplements, but keep in mind that LGI's Secreta Bridge has other anabolics in it.

Side Effects

n/a

Conclusion

If you are a supplement connoisseur and haven't tried laxogenin, this is the place to start.
Or, if you want to get strong and you want to stay natural, this is the product to use. There are better natty products for muscle gain, but I have yet to find one that has comparable strength gains. And of course, building strength is a fundamental step to building more muscle mass.
Sorry for the delayed review, but shout out to Nutraceutical Innovations for a great product well researched and well executed at an awesome value.

July 13, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Muscle Fullness
  • Increased Libido
  • No Strength Increase
  • No Muscle Gain
  • No Joint Relief
  • Pricey
Introduction:

First off a thank you to the SR Troops program and the people over at Nutraceutical Innovations, for the opportunity to try their Mega Lax product. No, this is not a laxative, its a plant derived steroid. It's labeled as a muscle growth and recovery product, in which many of the positive reviews claim some very bold strength gains and positive effects on joints/inflammation. In the past I have tried dozens of test boosting products, which I dabble with for several months on, several months off.

At the ripe old age of 41, I can easily notice if a test boosting product is working for me or not.

Ingredient Profile:

Straightforward ingredient here, 180 capsules of 25mg of 5a-Hydroxy-Laxogenin with a tetrasorb technology. This is suppose to promote delivery and absorption into the blood stream.

From my research laxogenin is best absorbed via transdermal application and the tetrasorb technology is suppose to mimic that.

I did a bit of research here on dosages and timing, and ran the whole bottle per the below.

Taste: N/A as these are capsules that are swallowed

Mixability: N/A as these are capsules which are swallowed

Dosing: Based on my research and some other reviewers that have used the product, I chose to go with 6 capsules per day, broken down into 2-3 capsule doses, 8 hours apart.

3 capsules upon waking and 3 capsules 8 hours later

Effectiveness 6.5-A Mixed Bag

I am basing my effectiveness on the bold strength gains which the product is suppose to deliver. Now I did have some interesting effects during the duration of the bottle.

Positive Effects:

Libido 9/10- About 5 days into the above dosing, my libido was significantly elevated. My sex drive was through the roof, ready to go at the drop of a hat. My g/f noticed this immediately. A nice plus to this product for me. About 3 days after the end of the bottle, my libido returned to normal. Same experience when I take DAA.

Muscle Fullness-8/10- Also, about 5 days in, muscles were very full and always full. Walking around with a pump 24/7 was a nice benefit. Due to the muscle fullness, my pumps weren't as noticeable. The muscle fullness left also at about 3 days after completion of the bottle.

No Effects:

Strength 1/10-The claims of this ingredient are mostly strength related. Strength gains in as little as 3-5 days, this is what I was expecting. Lifts were normal/gradual increases, nothing noticeable to say the least. Very disappointed in this department and was hoping at some point these strength gains would be apparent, but they never appeared.

Muscle Gain/Leaning Out 1/10- I literally weighed exactly the same on day one, as I did on the last day of the bottle. No leaning out anywhere, midsection etc.

Joint Relief 1/10- I always have tightness in my lower back and a shoulder that I have to stretch out several days a week for relief. No noticeable effects on joint/inflammation relief for me.

Value 5/10:

As of this review, $42.99 is the best value on Amazon. Don't think I am spending that amount of $$ when I can take DAA and get similar positive effects experienced above, for a lot cheaper.

Side Effects:

No true side effects, other than trying to make extra time before work for the elevated libido with the g/f

Conclusion 6.5:

A mixed bag of experiences and non-experiences with this product for me. My expectations was very high, based on the reviews I have read on here, as well as other workout sites.

Disappointed to say the least, as this plant steroid is made out to be holy grail like in many reviews.

July 11, 2016

• Increased Protein Synthesis
  • Can Upset Stomach
Sorry for the delay on the review but a huge thanks for letting some of us give this a go.

Profile
Pretty straight forward here, 25 mg of laxogenin. Also there is a TetraSorb delivery system. I can not say how much that helps this product because it is basically just this brands own version on a delivery system . This is dosed a touch higher than other orals. From what I have read 150 - 200 mg is the suggested dose for oral dosage.

Dosage.
I split this twice a day at 3 caps a day. I did notice sometime It would upset my stomach at times and a trip to the bathroom was close behind.

Several ways this is a benefit . Added Protein synthesis is one that interested me some, strength increase and lean mass gains. But the biggest was joint relief. I did start to notice almost all these benefits pretty quickly.
First was surprisingly aggression , not really in day to day life, but in the gym for sure. It was seriously something that I did notice drop off once I stopped taking this. Next was possibly the protein synthesis, the reason I say this, is because I know I was not getting the protein I should be getting in day to day. Also I was trying to slim down at the time of taking this. Which I have lost and kept off about 15 lbs , but still able to keep most of my size. Also I was able to keep my strength even while loosing weight and not taking in enough protein.
Another big thing I noticed toward the end of this run was muscle fullness. I was getting some compliments here and there and that is when I started to really notice the fullness look. Especially after a workout. It was like the pump and fullness would hang around for a day or so.
Now the best feature was the joint relief. It took almost have the bottle for this to come into full effect, but when It did, It was really notable.
In my shoulder for the most part. Now in no way did this fix my joints, but they did not ache as bad as normally.

Amazon has this for 42 bucks and if you have Prime that will save even more with shipping and so on.
I feel this is a good value for a 30 day supply.

Overall
I would like to compare this laxogenin to a transdermal version , but for now this one actually did prove to be effective and worked well for me.
The only down side to this was the bathroom trips after the first morning doses. All in all I enjoyed this and will be looking for another version to give a go soon.

May 30, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Joint Support

Thanks to Nutraceutical Innovations for sending this out. Sorry it took a bit to get this reviewed.

Each capsule is 75mg in total with 25mg being laxogenin and the other 50mg being the TetraSorb delivery system and filler. While I'm no expert on laxogenin by any means, from what I have read there needs to be some sort of encapsulation or delivery mechanism other than just pure laxogenin in order to pass through the stomach in tact. With that being said, MegaLax seems to be formulated properly. Also, there's a solid 25mg of laxogenin per capsule which is on the high end for oral laxogenin supplements as most I've seen have about 20mg. While MegaLax is superior to most in terms of the laxogenin dose, I can't really comment on if the TetraSorb delivery system is superior to other delivery systems because of course every company will claim they have the best delivery system so I just chalk it up to marketing.

So seeing as this is a capsule, the taste and mixability ratings are N/A. Instead, I'm rating on the dosing and ease of taking the capsules. As for the latter criteria, the capsules were about medium size and smooth so they went down easy. Dosing was just as easy too. In fact, one of Nutraceutical Innovation's selling points is how versatile and easy MegaLax is to dose. There are 180 capsules and Nutraceutical Innovations recommends taking upwards of 6 (150mg) throughout the day. Personally, I took 4 capsules a day with 1 at each meal because I found that 100mg was the most suggested dose. However, you could take anywhere in the 1-6 range in as many doses as you want. On occasion I took more than 4 but that was only to replace whatever I threw up as I got sick the first week in. I'm no expert but when I looked in the toilet I saw the capsules completely in tact so I chalked it up to a missed dose and just replaced it with another capsule and another meal.

8.5/10
    Laxogenin is mainly marketed as being beneficial for anabolism and thus muscle growth. Another claim that caught my interest was an increase in joint health/joint repair. Although it is a bit hard to attribute muscle growth solely to laxogenin supplementation, I do believe it had some effect. Unfortunately I didn't tape any extremities to measure my growth throughout this cycle but I do have the mirror and other's comments to go by. Now, to make the most of the laxogenin I started bulking and upped the intensity a bit in the gym. Around weeks 3-4 I saw some stretch marks (the good kind) looking back at me in the mirror after a shower and I won't lie my immediate thoughts were, "ayyy the laxogenin is working." Around this same time frame I was getting numerous comments that I was "looking bigger," and people asking me if I worked out (like I didn't before? lol). Additionally, I had hit a bit of a plateau before starting MegaLax so any new growth is partly due to the laxogenin in my mind. Of course this is all anecdotal and it could be just the result of my hard work, eating more, and an overall placebo effect but I'd like to think the laxogenin helped a decent bit. I'm a bit more certain about the joint repair though. Around weeks 2-3 I started to notice a big difference in my chronic knee pain. Usually, my left knee will hurt or feel weak if I do things like heavy squats and leg presses. Around weeks 2-3, however, I figured I'd test out laxogenin's joint repair qualities for myself as this was a main reason I've become interested in laxogenin supplementation. So, mid-leg day I went over to the squat rack and did a few sets of light (but still a weight that would normally aggravate my knee) ATG squats and I felt absolutely amazing. Honestly, this was the best I'd felt while doing squats since injuring my knee. All of the pain wasn't gone but my pain was about a 2-3 as opposed to a 6-7 and I believe it would have gotten even better had I ran this for longer and at a higher dose. This might sound like an exaggeration but MegaLax made my feel better than most of the dedicated joint support supplements I've taken. All this being said, I give the overall effectiveness an 8.5 as I'd give the joint support qualities a 9 and the anabolic qualities an 8 (following the guideline of "solid results, I could tell it was working," which is exactly how I feel about the anabolic properties).

I found MegaLax for $50 on third party retailer websites and for $53 on Nutraceutical Innovations own website. I believe I've seen a 10% off coupon for the Nutraceutical website on Stack3d but I can't seem to find it now. At first glance MegaLax looks to be a bit pricey compared to other alternatives but if you look closer you'll find that many laxogenin supplements are underdosed or don't have many capsules or both. With all that in mind, I think MegaLax is a pretty good deal. Is it the best deal? No, that's why I'm giving it an 8. It is fairly priced though and I'd say it is worth the price.

Side Effects

I didn't experience any side effects while taking MegaLax. I did get sick a few days after starting MegaLax and had a hard time keeping anything, including capsules, down however. I don't attribute this to MegaLax though and therefore don't deduct any points for it.

Conclusion

8.5/10
    I'm rating MegaLax an 8.5 overall because I feel that while the product scores extremely high in some areas like dosing, side effects, and ingredient profile, this is somewhat to be expected. Additionally, value didn't score quite as high but I feel like the effectiveness alone warrants a higher rating than 8/10. That being said, I feel MegaLax's effectiveness alone warrants the 8.5 overall rating while the higher rated areas, which are honestly a bit less important than the effectiveness and therefore weighted lower, serve to solidify the 8.5 overall rating. In conclusion, don't sleep on MegaLax (or laxogenin supplementation in general).

May 10, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Joint Support
    • Increased Muscle Fullness

Laxogenin is an ingredient that I have taken quite a bit since it came out, usually 3-4 months at a run for optimal effect. This is a pricey compound albeit natural so you can't expect roid gains. I was pleased to be able to try this out using their dosing scheme and with the Tetrasorb aspect.

They suggest taking up to 6 capsules of this product which amounts to a 30 day supply of 150mg/day of laxogenin. This is higher than the usual 100mg of Lax I see in most products, although most are dosed at your descretion. So in essence you could take 4/day and stick with 100mg and get 45 days out of a bottle if you want. This is the only main ingredient, with their tetrasorb compounds being listed but not the doses of these. Quite an interesting read on the tetrasorb if you want to go to their website and read up? Does it seem valid? Sure, as far as I can tell.

Dosing was easy, a lot of people take an entire LAX dosage at once but NI suggests taking the caps in split doses, although they weren't any more specific than that. I split mine into two daily doses of 3 caps for craps and giggles mostly.

I think that this product produced as expected. This is widely called "natural Anavar" and not just by NI. It is supposed to help build lean quality muscle and reduce joint and tendon pain. I have the occasional ache and pain from arthritis but my joints really haven't been an issue the past few months, perhaps because I've changed my workout style, perhaps not. As far as lean muscle gains I can say that this has helped. I have slowly yet surely been cutting off the fat pounds and lean, hard muscle is showing through, I am mostly maintaining the size that I have while cutting fat and I think that the protein synthesis benefits of this product have helped spare my muscle and even enhance it to a degree. Remembering that even real Anavar only produces a couple quality pounds of muscle I can say that I am overall happy with the quality of the ingredients.

Strength and endurance also seemed to stay on par even though I have been cutting weight. I don't know if this product attributes much to endurance, but increasing rep ranges from 15-20 reps and maintaining the same weight makes me feel like I am getting more physically strong, while maybe not powerlifter stronger.

I was able to find this as cheap as 48.99-49.99 which depending on how you dose is 1.00-1.50 per dayish. I find this to be a pretty decent price for Laxogenin. Is it pricey? Sure it is compared to other products, but for what it is I would say the overall value is pretty good. And don't forget, if you are a natural stacker you aren't paying for PCT.

Side Effects

Sad when it was gone.

Conclusion

Most LAX products are going to run you 35-40 bucks at least for a 30 day supply. This product gives you a 30 day supply with 50% more ingredient. Or a 45 day supply at the same dosage. I think this product is priced effectively and with the added TetraSorb makes it an even better value in theory. Overall, I am happy with the quality of the product and if you are someone that enjoys a good natural anabolic or enjoys LAX specifically go ahead and give this one a try.

May 9, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Joint Support
      • Increased Muscle Fullness
        Alright ladies and gentlemen everyone gather around for a new product by a new company, MegaLax by Nutraceutical Innovations. I've been watching this brand burst onto the scene through another forum and the reviews coming in have been outstanding. So as soon as I saw MegaLax come across the TROOP dashboard I had to jump on the opportunity. Thank you to SR and Nutraceutical Innovations for making this happen.

Simple and straight to the point you get 180 caps of 5a-Hydroxy-Laxogenin at 25mg a pop. This is an outstanding job of packing so much into one bottle. Most competitors come in at 100mg per serving per day where with NI you're able to top out at 150mg a day. Hell some competitors even prop blend their laxogenin products with their absorption enhancers, not NI. They give you full disclosure and use their TetraSorb delivery system. On the NI website they compare it to a natural anavar which is very much a stretch in my opinion but for marketing purpose we'll let that slide.

I dosed mine 3 caps in the am/pre-workout and 3 caps again around 12 hours later. Do as you wish but I believe I got the most out of it from splitting my dose.

I've ran two different laxogenin products by two well respected companies and they don't compare to what I experienced with MegaLax. My joints/tendons have never felt so refreshed. This worked better then cissus ever has for me. Laxogenin also has significant research backing an increase in protein synthesis. Now this is something hard to report in a 30 day review but I feel comfortable saying it was certainly a benefit I felt. My muscles felt full and had power behind them similar to when I first tried creatine YEARS ago. I wish I knew a better way to explain that but it's really the only way I could find. I didn't notice much in benefits in muscle hardening/recomp effects but I feel like this is something that would be more noticeable from a full 8 week run as that's when a lot of true benefits show.

As far as weight gain from these 30 days I had none. But my diet was in a 500 calorie deficit at this time so it wasn't something I was expecting. Instead I did benefit from muscle retention as my body fat percentage did drop 2% and my lean body mass increased by 1%. This is all according to a digital electronic impulse reader so please remember these are not 100% accurate all the time but it is the only measuring device I'm using consistently at this time. My strength was kept consistent during this 30 days of cutting and my intensity was only better.

This is where MegaLax completely separates itself from the other laxogenin products on the market. There's one other product out there that comes close to the dosage/price but I haven't tried it. You can find MagaLax at many retail suppliers for around $49.99 and many times you can find a 10% discount code to farther dive that price down. If you wanted you could dose this at the standard 100mg per day and stretch the bottle farther but I highly recommend trying the preferred dosage by NI.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A natural anabolic that comes in above every competitor I've tried to date, what more can you want? No this will not treat you like anavar would but you'll notice a difference in the way your body feels and performs in and out of the gym.