Whey Protein Isolate Reviews

By: NutraBio

Overall
Overall
9.2
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  December 7, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fillers
  • Super Clean Protein
  • Mixes Well
  • Zero Fat And Carbs
  • Digests Easily
  • A Bit Pricey
  • Light On Taste

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I am a fan of NutraBio products so when I saw the opportunity to try out their Whey Protein Isolate, I had to check it out. Special thanks to NutraBio and SR for allowing me to try and review this product. At 240 pounds I tend to require a lot of protein intake per day, so I like to keep a good Protein on hand to help meet my daily needs.

As with all of their products we have a completely transparent profile here. Each scoop is 30.53g and I did verify this by weighing a scoop. What I really like is that NutraBio tests all of their products and you can download the lab results by Lot number, I included a picture of the results that my lot number yielded.

For the macros, each scoop nets you 110 calories, 2g Carbs, 0 fat and 0 sugar. The non-denatured Whey Protein Isolate is 28.74g of WPI90 yielding 25g of protein. As well this protein is cold processed, CFM cross flow and micro and ultra-filtered.

This contains milk, so if you are allergic steer clear of this. You also get 5.3g of BCAAs to aid in recovery. High quality ingredients and processing techniques making for a very clean Whey Protein Isolate.

Taste: I recieved the Cookies & Cream flavor and it was okay. I did not really have a big cookies n cream taste to it, and tasted kind of boring honestly, but was super easy to drink and did not taste bad at all.

Mixability: No issues here, I always mix my protein with 8-10oz of Water, shake it up in a shaker and drink. There was no foaming or any crazy residue left on the bottom after I finished this.

Dosing: On workout days I took this twice a day, pre and post workout, and on non-training days I took this once a day usually mid-afternoon as a snack to fill my protein gap.

I gauge my protein based off digestion and how it fills me up. This digested very easily and never sat at the bottom of my stomach or anything. Being an Isolate, this is what you would expect, and it made it nice to give me some protein prior to workout and not end up giving me a stomach ache. This would fill me up for about an hour, which worked out well for me since it tends to be about an hour or so between finishing my workout and eating breakfast. I did not expect this to keep me full being an Isolate and all, but it did a pretty decent job. Other isolates I have had in the past would just leave me hungry in 10 minutes. So all in all, I was very happy running this.

It looks like this is priced the same on a variety of websites out there and that is $39.99 for 30 servings. That comes out to $1.33 per serving, which is a bit steep. Your paying for high quality here, and for something that is tested, with nothing to hide. There are other options with similar profiles for cheaper, it all just depends on what is important to you when gauging the value here. Nutrabio gives me a discount for being active duty military which I appreciate, so if you are active duty then get a hold of the company for your discount.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While a bit pricey, NutraBio's products have nothing to hide. You can guarantee that there are no GMO ingredients or amino spiking or whatever other shady practices are out there. NutraBio gives you piece of mind as well as a quality Whey Protein Isolate here. I have been happy with just about every NutraBio product I have tried thus far, and this Isolate reminded me of why I like this company so much. I highly recommend this product if you are looking for a nice clean Whey Protein Isolate to help you achieve your goals, no matter if you are cutting or recomping. Thanks again for this opportunity.
  • Cookies & Cream: 5/10

• Rep for this Brand
    December 11, 2017

Thank you for your review and I am glad you go the chance to check out checkmysupps.com !!