Whey Protein Isolate Reviews

By: NutraBio

Overall
Overall
4.5
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  May 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • No Fillers
  • Super Clean Protein
  • Zero Fat And Carbs
  • Pricey
  • Poor Taste

Looking for a good protein isolate is something that typically only the fitness ballers will go in search for due to its high cost and relatively low benefit over whey concentrate so it's imperative that this premium protein type get the extra attention it deserves to entice this consumer population. Thanks to NutraBio for giving me the opportunity to test out their whey protein isolate product! Now lets see how it stacks up against the competition!

Serving Size (30g)
Servings: 29.4
Calories: 110
Fat: 0g
Carbohydrates: 2g
Sodium: 116mg
Protein: 28.74g
Flavoring: 2.12g

Whey protein isolate products are an interesting niche in the supplement world and I believe are generally misunderstood. People automatically assume that since it's more expensive and goes through a more extensive filtration process that it's somehow superior in all aspects to other powdered proteins but this is not technically the case. Since the protein has been filtered so much, it actually digests quick in our stomachs leading to a faster absorption rate into our muscles following a workout but is the time difference really worth the price? Using a whey isolate does also offer other potential benefits that include or rather exclude nearly all fat and carbohydrate content. If you even do the math, the 2g of carbohydrates in this product are directly coming from flavoring, otherwise this would be a near 100% protein composition! Individuals that are insanely picky about their diets and want a pure protein product will likely reach for the whey isolate when shopping. NutraBio even went the extra mile and provided an amino acid concentration label that offers proportions of all included amino acids to the milligram! I don't think that any other supplement company can legitimately say the same thing and the amazing part is that they go to great length to educate consumers on the product information for every single one of their products!

I had the opportunity to try out their chocolate peanut butter flavor that I was originally very excited to taste since I've personally never gone wrong with a chocolate & PB combo before but I guess I shouldn't have spoke so soon because this product misses the flavor mark by a long shot. It's hard to exactly explain what they got wrong with the flavoring but I'd have to say that they made the overall taste too weak and doesn't even come close to resembling the peanut butter cup picture it displays on the front. It's possible that NutraBio went extremely light on the flavoring to please the ingredient label more than our taste buds but if that's the case then they made a poor choice. It's possible that the other flavors fared better but this is what I thought of the chocolate peanut butter. It mixed fairly well with its suggested 6oz of water but needs a couple really good shakes to ensure minimal clumping due to the small amount of water utilized. It's dosed using the normal protein scooper you'd expect so no surprises there.

It's a super clean protein judging by the ingredient profile so I'm sure that it's very effective at driving muscle recovery immediately after a solid workout. I used 100% Whey Protein Isolate solely post-workout right after I got off the gym floor to put its quick digesting capabilities to work. Though I wasn't a big fan of its taste, it wasn't anywhere near poor enough to keep me from consuming it on a daily basis.

This is the other area that I believe hurts the overall score of the product. I was able to find it at $40 for a 2lb tub at several online stores and though I'm aware that it's a premium protein product I don't believe that $20/lb is neither an affordable or reasonable price to ask for from customers. I believe that the range between $12-15/lb would be a bit more agreeable for this product but putting into account the flavor aspect I don't think I would even be willing to meet on that price.

Side Effects

I personally had no adverse effects from using this product.

Conclusion

NutraBio is an amazing supplement company that prioritizes informing its consumers and providing them with the highest quality ingredients available. Unfortunately, my recent stint with the company has exhibited a sub-par experience when it comes to their powered protein line. I can't talk about the other flavors that NutraBio offers for this product but I was not impressed with the flavoring that they chose. I do wish the best for NutraBio in all their supplement endeavors but I would be totally cool with it if they decided to drop their Whey Isolate line either as a product or concerning its price from my recent experience. Cheers Fellas!
  • Chocolate peanut butter cup: 4/10

• kaka
    May 16, 2017 - Last Edited: 2017-05-16 10:25:57

Great review keep the good work. Unfortunately Whey Concentrate is being demonized on our days...Both Whey Isolate and Whey Concentrate have some benefits against each other. It's a fact that Isolate has a faster digestion time but people need to ask themselves: If you increase a car's efficiency from 50mpg to 51mpg, you can accurately say that its efficiency has improved. But is it really notable and worth the price? You can find some Concentrates with 1.80-2 grams of fat, 1.35-1.5 gram of carbs & sugar which is very low... If you care about 2-3 grams of fat and carbs then from my point of view you need to rethink your diet. Also Concentrates have some benefits compared to Isolates like far higher levels growth factors such as IGF-1, TGF-1, and TGF-2, phospholipids and immunoglobulins for immunity, intestinal health. The only reason i would switch to Isolate is if i was very lactose intolerant.

• Wade419
    May 16, 2017

Thanks Kaka and yes you make some really good additional points. I wasn't even aware that concentrates have been shown to improve certain growth factors more so than isolates, good to know though!