Whey Protein Isolate Reviews

By: NutraBio

Overall
Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  July 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fillers
  • Super Clean Protein
  • Mixes Well
  • Dissolves Effortlessly
  • A Bit Pricey
  • Sucralose
A big thanks going out to the fine folks out at Nutrabio for the hookup on their products to the TROOPs. Special thanks also for the hookup on a shaker cup and informational reading on the products they sent out, very legit.

I had the opportunity to sample several of Nutrabio's products, this review is going to go in on their 100% Whey Protein Isolate:

Dosage

One scoop taken either first thing in the morning, or post-workout. As noted in a prior review of GTN's Whey Protein, I was in an alternating pattern with that product as well at this one. For example if I took the Nutrabio whey in the morning, I would take GTN's whey post-workout and then alternate the pattern the following day.

Ingredient Profile (9.5/10)

A big bonus to Nutrabio for what is probably the most comprehensive and detailed labels in the supplement business. At 25 grams of protein per 30.53 gram scoop (for the Cookies and Cream flavor), this product comes in at nearly 82% protein per scoop, a very good ratio. The protein source is cold processed and filtered whey protein isolate, which is the best kind of whey protein one can get in my opinion. This process ensures the integrity and quality of the protein, and does not denature the product during processing. Zero grams of fat and only two carbs per serving makes this is an ideal protein for the macro-conscious consumer. This product does utilize sucralose for those concerned with the sweetner and flavoring methods used. Overall, a very high quality product that is fully transparent in its content disclosure, big ups to Nutrabio for that.

Mixture (9/10)

It really doesn't get much easier than mixing this product. I typically used a shaker cup with 8-10 ounces of water and it worked like a charm every time. However, even mixing this product with a spoon still results in a nice smooth mixture with no chunks or lumps and no undissolved powder left behind. High marks as well in this area.

Taste (7/10)

I sampled the Cookies and Cream flavor for this product, which is my favorite flavor of protein to go with. The taste while not terrible does leave a little to be desired. The flavor is light, but also a little bland in my opinion. I always mixed this with water, but perhaps mixing with milk can enhance the flavor a little bit. I don't take too much stock in the taste of a product as long as I can tolerate it. While I've certainly had better tasting proteins, this particular product is still adequate in that area.

Effectiveness (9/10)

As far as protein products go, in my opinion the quality of the protein utilized is what makes the effectiveness. With this product you're getting the best and purest kind of protein you can get, which makes supplementing your nutrition and recovery processes a breeze. The fast absorbing whey protein isolate hits you quick and you're feeding your muscles a good, quality, and complete protein. While I've started to stray a bit from using straight isolates post-workout, this is still a decent option for that application and an ideal product for a morning protein or even a pre-workout protein with its quick absorption.

Value (7/10)

The going rate for this across the board seems to be $39.99 for a 2 pound tub with 29 servings ($1.38 per serving) or $79.99 for a 5 pound tub with 74 servings ($1.08 per serving). The 5 pound tub puts this product in acceptable price per serving range for me, but when taken into account the quality of the product you are getting it increases the products value. As the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for", and this product is a perfect example of that. While you can certainly get a better deal on whey protein and even a whey isolate, quality comes with a little higher price tag but I feel that it's worth it.

Conclusion and Verdict

Nutrabio's 100% Whey Protein Isolate is a very high quality whey protein product that utilizes superior protein and production methods. It mixes super easily and absorbs quickly. The only slight drawbacks are a taste that's a little on the bland side and a higher than average price per serving. Overall though I loved this product and look forward to using it again, and I definitely recommend it if you have the cheese to spend on it. Nutrabio shows with this product they are worth their saltor in this case protein. This gets the thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
  • Cookies & Cream: 7/10