RELOAD Recovery Matrix Reviews

By: NutraBio

Overall
Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  December 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhanced Recovery
  • Reduced DOMS
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Reduced Fatigue

Reload is a "Rapid Recovery Growth Formula" from a trusted brand. NutraBio continues to impress me with how transparent they are. I felt like I got "something" from this. It was a nice complement to my daily routine.

Hello people, I am back with another review of NutraBio. I had to take a turn at this as I have liked most of their products. I am a 46 year old guy trying to keep up with the younger crowd. I have found that recovery is getting to be a key factor in my drive to thrive. I was working on "Beast Body" build section while taking this. It is a beachbody program at 4 days a week of lifting. I also did cardio on most days. My diet is slowly coming back to what most would call "Clean". I want to thank NutraBio and the Trooper program for allowing me to try this product out. Below is my log, although honestly I wasn't totally as consistent as the past for updating.

So what is there to say? NutraBio lists everything they put in all their products. Read up on all of them if you have time. I am going to hit the things that I like.

8g's of BCAA's in a 2-1-1 matrix. I find that this is enough for me. Some people like more, which if you do, just add some plain BCAA's. I find that this dose works for me.

In the muscle matrix I would drop everything but the L-Carnitine L-Tartrate. Now that is my opinion, as the other ingredients work for a lot of people, just for me I would skip them.
    I like the L-Carnitine L-Tartrate at 1.5g's. I have found for me this dose works pretty good in assisting with better workouts. Below is more info from examine.com

In the Strength and endurance I would drop the creatine and Malic acid. I can get creatine on my own and get the amount I want. So I don't need it here. They do use 2 different types, but I would still drop it. The malic acid I just don't know if it works for me. So just bro science.
    What I would keep is the Betaine Anhydrous at 2.5g's. I think this is a good dosage. I would up the dose of Carnosyn if it is your only source. The nice thing is at 1.6g's you can still have some in your pre-workout without going overboard. Some studies show 3.2g's daily so if you stack supplements you can get their.

In the electrolyte and rehydration optimizer I would keep everything. This is solely based on the fact that I felt hydrated. (due to the extra sweating). So for me this worked. I don't know if it is synergistic or not, but hey why mess with something that works right?

Last thing to say on ingredients, NutraBio to me is a leader in transparency. This is getting to be more and more important to me as I age. I want to know what is going in my body and I want to trust the companies I use. I feel that NutraBio goes above and beyond in showing us that they use quality materials in clinically dosed amounts. That alone as well as being made in their GMP and FDA inspected facility makes this a top notch company.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I received the Passion Fruit flavor and I really liked it. It can be pretty strong for people at 8oz of water, but add what you want to get the desired effect. For taste purposes I was normally around 14oz.

I had no issues mixing this with my trusty beat up SRTrooper Shaker bottle with the metal whisk. Possible powder left on the sides, but I didn't notice any settling of the product. I do however always shake then drink, so take that into account if you like to let it sit.

This products suggested dosing is anytime. They suggest taking it opposite of training. Because I train in the morning this became my afternoon treat. You can take this 1 to 2 time a day, however I used it only once a day in the afternoon.

This is the interesting part. I felt like I recovered better from my workouts. I also seemed to have a little more energy than I did before. Part of this could be the new program, part I do feel is the ingredients in this product. I also noticed I sweated a lot more than normal. This was more noticeable if I happened to throw in a cardio session later in the day. I can only assume this was helping keep me hydrated and the body said, "go ahead, get rid of some of this".

As of 12/19/2018 I found the following.

They have it listed for $39.99.

I didn't really find it anywhere else cheaper, but you can always look for sales. This makes this a little over a dollar a day. Is it worth it? I would say that the ingredients probably make it a good deal. Because it sometimes replaced my afternoon snack (protein bar) I think it has good value.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects from this. As stated above I did seem to sweat a lot more than normal, but I am ok with that.

Conclusion

I will give this a good rating as I think for me it helped me continue to work out better. I don't think that I will have this on my counter every month though. For me I think it will be those months that I knuckle down and have a specific goal. Maybe during a spring cut? I know I always am thinking of re-comping, but I don't always follow a good plan. I think this product has a lot of proven ingredients in it, and depending on your goals would be beneficial to give a try.
    • Passion Fruit: 9/10