RELOAD Recovery Matrix Reviews

By: NutraBio

RELOAD Recovery Matrix is a Recovery Product manufactured by NutraBio. It is an amino acid based product that is designed to assist in workout recovery.

December 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhanced Recovery
  • Reduced DOMS
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Reduced Fatigue

Reload is a "Rapid Recovery Growth Formula" from a trusted brand. NutraBio continues to impress me with how transparent they are. I felt like I got "something" from this. It was a nice complement to my daily routine.

Hello people, I am back with another review of NutraBio. I had to take a turn at this as I have liked most of their products. I am a 46 year old guy trying to keep up with the younger crowd. I have found that recovery is getting to be a key factor in my drive to thrive. I was working on "Beast Body" build section while taking this. It is a beachbody program at 4 days a week of lifting. I also did cardio on most days. My diet is slowly coming back to what most would call "Clean". I want to thank NutraBio and the Trooper program for allowing me to try this product out. Below is my log, although honestly I wasn't totally as consistent as the past for updating.

So what is there to say? NutraBio lists everything they put in all their products. Read up on all of them if you have time. I am going to hit the things that I like.

8g's of BCAA's in a 2-1-1 matrix. I find that this is enough for me. Some people like more, which if you do, just add some plain BCAA's. I find that this dose works for me.

In the muscle matrix I would drop everything but the L-Carnitine L-Tartrate. Now that is my opinion, as the other ingredients work for a lot of people, just for me I would skip them.
    I like the L-Carnitine L-Tartrate at 1.5g's. I have found for me this dose works pretty good in assisting with better workouts. Below is more info from examine.com

In the Strength and endurance I would drop the creatine and Malic acid. I can get creatine on my own and get the amount I want. So I don't need it here. They do use 2 different types, but I would still drop it. The malic acid I just don't know if it works for me. So just bro science.
    What I would keep is the Betaine Anhydrous at 2.5g's. I think this is a good dosage. I would up the dose of Carnosyn if it is your only source. The nice thing is at 1.6g's you can still have some in your pre-workout without going overboard. Some studies show 3.2g's daily so if you stack supplements you can get their.

In the electrolyte and rehydration optimizer I would keep everything. This is solely based on the fact that I felt hydrated. (due to the extra sweating). So for me this worked. I don't know if it is synergistic or not, but hey why mess with something that works right?

Last thing to say on ingredients, NutraBio to me is a leader in transparency. This is getting to be more and more important to me as I age. I want to know what is going in my body and I want to trust the companies I use. I feel that NutraBio goes above and beyond in showing us that they use quality materials in clinically dosed amounts. That alone as well as being made in their GMP and FDA inspected facility makes this a top notch company.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I received the Passion Fruit flavor and I really liked it. It can be pretty strong for people at 8oz of water, but add what you want to get the desired effect. For taste purposes I was normally around 14oz.

I had no issues mixing this with my trusty beat up SRTrooper Shaker bottle with the metal whisk. Possible powder left on the sides, but I didn't notice any settling of the product. I do however always shake then drink, so take that into account if you like to let it sit.

This products suggested dosing is anytime. They suggest taking it opposite of training. Because I train in the morning this became my afternoon treat. You can take this 1 to 2 time a day, however I used it only once a day in the afternoon.

This is the interesting part. I felt like I recovered better from my workouts. I also seemed to have a little more energy than I did before. Part of this could be the new program, part I do feel is the ingredients in this product. I also noticed I sweated a lot more than normal. This was more noticeable if I happened to throw in a cardio session later in the day. I can only assume this was helping keep me hydrated and the body said, "go ahead, get rid of some of this".

As of 12/19/2018 I found the following.

They have it listed for $39.99.

I didn't really find it anywhere else cheaper, but you can always look for sales. This makes this a little over a dollar a day. Is it worth it? I would say that the ingredients probably make it a good deal. Because it sometimes replaced my afternoon snack (protein bar) I think it has good value.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects from this. As stated above I did seem to sweat a lot more than normal, but I am ok with that.

Conclusion

I will give this a good rating as I think for me it helped me continue to work out better. I don't think that I will have this on my counter every month though. For me I think it will be those months that I knuckle down and have a specific goal. Maybe during a spring cut? I know I always am thinking of re-comping, but I don't always follow a good plan. I think this product has a lot of proven ingredients in it, and depending on your goals would be beneficial to give a try.
    • Passion Fruit: 9/10

Overall
    Overall
    6.4
    6.8
      December 19, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Great Label Information
    • Not Enough Recovery
    • Creatine Under-dosed

A post workout product with a great new flavor. The effects were not enough to truly Reload me from one day to the next and it comes at a bit expensive of a price point.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week. Nutrabio is one of my favorite supplement brands out there and has been for years. I have tried a lot of their products, but when Reload came up as a TROOPer opportunity, I realized I never tried that so I could not pass this up. Big thank you to the old SR and Nutrabio for making this review possible.

Here we get a fully disclosed label as with every single Nutrabio product out there. They were one of the first companies to go fully transparent and really set that trend going forward. There are quite a few ingredients here so we will break each blend down.

First off is the Anabolic Growth BCAAs (8g). This gets includes 4g Leucine, 2g Isoleucine, and 2g Valine. These BCAAs are naturally fermented and are vegan. Pretty standard blend and a great dose of BCAAs.

Next is the Muscle Recovery Accelerator (7.5g). This has 5g Glutamine (Kyowa quality), 1.5g L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (PharmaPure), 500mg OKG, and 500mg Glycine.

The Strength & Endurance Matrix (7.1g) is next. This contains 2.5g Betaine, 2.5 PharmaPure Creatine Monohydrate, 1.6g CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine, and 500mg Creatine MagnaPower. For those of you bad at math this nets you 4.6g Creatine per scoop. Personally I would like to see this upped to at least 5g.

Finally we have the Electrolyte & Rehydration Optimizer (1.94g). This contains 1.5g Taurine, 176mg Calcium Phosphate, 157mg Sodium Phosphate, and 102mg Potassium Phosphate.

As you can see there are no filler or BS ingredients included here, just quality stuff as you can expect.

Taste: I received their new flavor, Kiwi Strawberry. I am normally not a big fan of Strawberry flavored supplements, but I truly enjoyed this. Very easy to drink and enjoy and tasted like a lighter version of a Kiwi Strawberry.

Mixability: No issues here, mixed up real easy in a shaker with 6-10oz of water. No weird residue or anything left on the bottom.

Dosing: For the first couple weeks I took one dose a day in the afternoon since I workout in the morning, as per the instructions. I then moved to taking this at one scoop Post Workout and one scoop Mid-Day in the last week.

So, I can say this is the first Nutrabio product I have had that did not work amazingly for me. I may be an outlier here, but this did not do enough to reload my muscles again for the next day. I found at taking this one scoop mid afternoon after a morning workout session was not enough. I would wake up sore the next day and not fully recovered as I have been with other BCAA type products. The hydration aspect here was pretty great though, this definitely hydrated me.

I then moved to taking 2 scoops a day on training days during the last week of running this. This honestly made no difference and I still feel like I needed more to aid in my recovery. At my age, I can truly feel the difference in the effects of a BCAA product and this just did not do it for me. Since finishing this, I ran a BCAA product that worked for me in the past and have had much more recovery just to make sure my current workout plan was not the culprit. This confirmed that the product fell short for me.

I was surprised this did not do great for me. Don't get me wrong it did have some recovery aspects to it for me (hence the MEH not sad face rating), just not as much as I needed.

$39.99 for 30 servings appears to be the price across the board no matter where you look. That comes out to $1.33 a serving which is a bit pricey. Granted you are paying for quality ingredients that Nutrabio always includes, but as I gauge effectiveness this is just too expensive for me to try again.

Side Effects

Increased hydration will likely make you hit the bathroom to urinate, but more of a positive side effect.

Conclusion

Overall, Reload has an amazing ingredient label but the effects were just not enough for me to truly be recovered from one workout session to the next. I love Nutrabio's line of products and this is one of the first ones that fell short for me. Amazing flavor, but not enough to justify purchasing this in the future.
    • Kiwi Strawberry: 9/10

December 18, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Enhanced Recovery
    • Enhanced Recoery
    • Electrolytes
    • Upset Stomach

First off I want to thank Nutrabio for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I am not usually into post workout products to much but I do like to try them from time to time. Awhile back I did get to try this when they had their like first version of this and thought it was decent. When I saw this newest version I thought it looked really good and new I had to give it a try. With the great profile this had I was really excited to see how well this would help me with my recovery.

For a post workout product I feel this has a pretty solid ingredient profile to it. You get a total of 21g amino acids, 8g BCAA, 5g glutamine, 3g creatine.

BCAAs in the scientifically studied 2:1:1 ratio (leucine, isoleucine, and valine) shown to promote muscle growth, recovery, and reduce training related soreness.

Glutamine to replenish energy for muscles (glycogen) after exhaustive exercise which may lead to quicker recovery.

L-Carnitine Tartrate to reduce oxidative muscle damage and muscular fatigue.

L-Ornithine Alpha-Ketoglutarate which promotes anabolic and anti-catabolic responses in the body which may play a role in boosting recovery.

Glycine; which plays a critical role in repairing damaged muscle tissue and is necessary for the biosynthesis of creatine.

Carnosyn Beta-Alanine to buffer the negative side effects of hydrogen ion accumulation in muscles during and after intense exercise. This accumulation is thought to be the culprit behind DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness).

Betaine Anhydrous to combat fatigue, lower levels of lactate, and stimulate muscle protein synthesis.

Creatine Monohydrate and Creatine MagnaPower for greater strength, power, and muscle gains as well as increased solubility and absorption.

Taurine to decrease exercise induced DNA damage.

Electrolyte and hydration optimizer that helps maintain water balance in the muscle, facilitates motor neuron function, and increase exercise capacity.

I had one of their newer flavors kiwi strawberry. What I noticed right away is that this does have a rather weird smell to it but don't let the smell of it distract you from how it really tastes. I thought overall this was not to bad on taste. It does have a rather strong taste to it. I do think the strawberry part of this is over powers the kiwi a lot. The after taste is when I seemed to notice the kiwi a bit. Some times I thought this tasted really good and sometimes not as much. I think it depended on how thirsty I was because the more thirsty I was the better this seemed to taste. I know I did not have to add a bit more water to it so it would not taste so strong like.

This did mix up fairly well and had no issues with it. I know if I let this sit for awhile after I mixed it up there would still be some sediment that would form on the bottom of my shaker cup and would have to shake it up a few more times before I would drink it. After I would do that it then seemed to stay fully mixed and had no other issues at all with it. Since this is a post workout product the best time to take this is right after your workout. Since I still like to get my protein in right away after my workout I decided I would use this intra-workout instead and just sip on it through out my workout. Since this had aminos in it I would just replace this for my regular amino product. This is loaded pretty well so all you really need is one scoop ad that is what I used. I would only use this once per day. This could be taken pretty much when ever but I would say post workout or like I did intra-workout.

The standard price I seem to be finding this for is $39.99 for 30 servings. For some people this may seem a little on the high side ( I do agree) but you do have to look at what all they put in here and they do clinically dosed this. I think this is about the top price I would care to pay for a product like this.

Side Effects

I did get a little bit of an upset stomach when I used. Not all the time but once in awhile I noticed that. I think it could be from taking my pre-workout and then shortly after that taking this and it was just to much stuff to put in my system at once.

• Kiwi Strawberry: 7/10

September 7, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Enhanced Recovery
    • Has Vitamins
      *Intro*
      A huge Apology to NutraBio, I will know you don't want excuses, the only thing you want is your Review! Well I will give you is an honest review of Reload. This is a hard product to beat in terms of having everything in one "shake" or drink that can help you recover from training.

*Side Effects*
      This is a big fat ZERO!

*Ingredient Profile*
      Can you say Everything!

Reload has one of the longest labels I have ever seen.I will only mention a few ingredients that I think are pretty important and you want in your shaker cups!
      BCAA - a whopping 8 grams
      Glycine - is a non essential amino acid, from what I read and the research I complied it has anti-inflammatory properties, improves recovery and helps build muscle.
      Creatine (MagnaPower/Hydrochloride)
      The actual list of ingredients takes up almost a whole side of the container.

*Taste & Mixability*
      Orange Mango was very very tasty and refreshing I looked forward to drinking this every single time. Flavor was on point, but more of and Orange than Mango flavor which I loved.

*Effectiveness*
      Ok guys this is what you really want to know, Does Reload Work! Yes it does! now this is not just a post workout drink. the ingredients in this help for pre/intra/post. I would suggest this mostly intra and post workout. Why well I normally take a pre-workout that is pretty well rounded so Why waste a scoop is this GOLD. Save it for the extra set you will do with it or for the ride home sipping on something that will feed your muscles and help you recover and hydrate from that grueling workout. On various occasions it Reload helped me feel so much better during a workout where I thought I was done and couldn't do another set or rep. As far a Post workout, Reload got rid of that lethargic feeling you sometimes get on the drive home, when your body is looking for fuel and food.

*Conclusion & Value*
      As with most if not all of NutraBios Line of Supplements Reload does not fall short and leave you wanting more. Reload is everything you want for recovery, growth, hydration and to keep every little bit of muscle that we try so hard gain and keep. Let me say this If you have never given this a try I would say give it a shot once. You will not find a more well rounded drink that is this versatile! In terms of Value I give it a 8.5; Why did I give it this score, well if you drink this as a once a day it will cost you about $1.33 per serving. Now it does lose points if you drink this multiple times per day then it really starts to get expensive. You can find Reload for $40 pretty much anywhere for 30 servings.

Reload is not a Shot in the dark, it is a great product from a Great Company. Thank you NutraBio and SR. Please accept my apology for the late late late review.
      • Orange Mango: 9/10

July 26, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Enhanced Recovery
      • Reduced DOMS
      • No Proprietary Blends
      • Great Label Information
      • Little Pricey
      • Strong Taste
      Thank you to Nutrabio for providing this and many other products of theirs to the TROOPs. One of the most important aspects of a workout and supplementing routine is what is done after you've hit the gym and worked out. So specialized recovery products are a nice luxury to have, as they combine several key elements of post-workout and recovery. Here's a look at Nutrabio's Reloaded Recovery Matrix:

Dosage

1 scoop taken post-workout.

Ingredient Profile (9/10)

Nutrabio may very well have the most detailed and fully disclosed ingredient labels in the supplement industry. Every detail, down to the flavoring is noted and accounted for on their labels, so huge bonus points in that area.

As for the ingredients in this product itself, this is an outstanding and complete profile. Essentially anything and everything you can think of that would be good for a recovery product you'll find in this, here are some highlights:
      *8 grams of BCAAs
      *5 grams of Glutamine
      *1.5 grams Carnitine
      *1.6 grams Beta Alanine
      *1.5 grams Betaine
      *2 grams of Creatine: 1.5 HCL, 500mg Magnapower
      *1.5 grams Taurine and Electrolyte Complex
      This is a very solid profile that leaves no stone unturned so to speak. A very well put together product.

Mixture (8/10)

Whenever products have a lot of ingredients in them, many times the mixture of the product suffers. With this product however, the mixture is actually pretty good. I feel that this speaks to the quality of ingredients used by Nutrabio in this product. I mixed with about 12-14 ounces of water in a shaker cup and there was some slight powder residue left over, but overall I was impressed given the complexity of the formula that it mixed as well as it did.

Taste (7/10)

I had the Passion Fruit flavor for this, and the taste overall was pretty decent. It had a slight sweetness to it, and a very bold flavoring. It might be on the heavy side for people sensitive to flavoring, but I personally didn't really have a problem with it. I used a little more water if I wanted to cut the flavoring. There was a slight aftertaste with this as well, but did not linger for long.

Effectiveness (9/10)

With the effective doses and quality ingredients in it, Reloaded Recovery Matrix hits the spot when it comes to a great post-workout product. I was very pleased with the results I got, even after heavy leg and chest days my soreness levels were down and my overall wellness feeling was up. This was ideal for the semi-cut that I was on at the time with the alternative forms of creatine that cut down on the water retention as well as the L-Carnitine and Taurine. This appears to be a product that would be beneficial no matter what stage of fitness you're on whether it is bulk, cut, or recomp.

Value (7/10)

As of writing this, it appears that Nutrabio's own website is the only place you're going to be able to find this at. The price is at $39.99 for 30 servings, or roughly $1.33 per serving. Since I would consider this a luxury product, and considering the profile and quality ingredients you get with this I think the value pans out pretty decently. It may not be something you could afford to get every month, especially if you're broke like me. However if you feel your recovery slacking, this product would be well worth the investment.

Conclusion and Verdict

Nutrabio's Reloaded Recovery Matrix is a very complete and effective post-workout product that delivers on effective doses, quality ingredients, and awesome recovery results. It may not fit into everyone's budget, but is a nice item to have on hand if you're putting your body through demanding workouts. I give this a big thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
      • Passion Fruit: 7/10

June 24, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Enhanced Recovery
      • Electrolytes
      • Enhanced Recoery
      • Little Pricey
      First off, thank you Nutrabio for the opportunity and being a part of the SR community. I've been extremely busy and I apologize to Nutrabio for not reviewing these in a timely.

What's up SR! Summers finally here. I know my body's not summer ready, but I'm still grinding day in and day out at the gym.

8g of BCAA, 5g of glutamine, 2g of creatine, and beta alanine. Quality ingredients and good doses, all included in a fully disclosed label. Check out clipper87 and marshes's reviews for a breakdown.

Taste (Passion Fruit): Best flavor, hands down. I liked that Nutrabio went a different route with their flavors instead of the same old ones. I love me some passion fruit. Any time I see passion fruit in the supermarket, I stock up on that. The taste was fairly spot on, not too bitter and not overly sweet. I could drink it all day.

Mixability: Had some issues from time to time. Nothing serious, just had to reshake and drink.

Dosing: I dosed this at one scoop to a bro scoop lol. Typically post workout after a meal. Sometimes on non-training days, I would have one scoop.

I dosed this post workout either with or after a meal. For those of you that don't know, I have been getting into powerlifting. I have been running the Juggernaut Method for about a year and a half now. Throughout most of my time running the Juggernaut Method, I was not running a recovery product. I definitely felt the DOMS. However when running this product, I could tell from the first dose that my soreness was reduced. The next day after a good sleep, I felt solid, less soreness, and was able to go 100% in the gym the next day.

I also noticed steady strength gains. What really helped the strength gains was the recovery. Like I mentioned earlier, soreness was greatly reduced. This is what really allowed me to push myself. I was in the gym longer and pushed myself harder.

30 servings for $39.99. Fairly high for a bcaa product but this is not just a bcaa product. The amount/quality of ingredients makes the price a tad more reasonable.

Side Effects

No side effects that I experienced.

Conclusion

Another great product by Nutrabio. They keep producing great quality products. This recovery product worked great for me. Even though it is on the higher side, I will definitely be adding this product to my stack. The product delivered and helped me make recovery and strength gains. If you are in the market for a new recovery product, look no further. Give it a try and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Thank you again Nutrabio!
      • Passion Fruit: 9/10

June 16, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Reduced Fatigue
      • Reduced DOMS
      • No Bioperine

I've done multiple reviews on nutrabio products so for me the intro to these is getting redundant. I really enjoy the products this company puts out and try to snag them every chance I get.

Like my review on the Pre workout, I feel like this section has been beat like the proverbial dead horse. You have a large amount of ingredients effectively doses for performance during and after a strenuous workout. BCAA/intra products have become a dime a dozen, but this one pulls out all the stops. 8g of BCAA, 5g of a patented glutamine, carnitine, beta alanine, plus an electrolyte replenishing type matrix.

Here was my only complaint with the product and it's really easily fixable. I received the unflavored version, I wouldn't advise this. The taste is one that makes you want to girl or is bad its just... I thought I would be able to mix this with another intra or a post shake and get all the ingredients with some added carbs and protein. The unflavored version gives whatever you mix it in a fairly salty weird added taste that made everything I tried it in hard to drink. The mixing however was pretty much in point throughout

For about 90% of the tub i took this with a flavored carb type product towards the last 15-30 minutes of my workout. I felt like that would be the best time to "reload" my muscles.
      DOMS went down significantly while using this, every muscle group seemed to be ready to train again about a day sooner on average with legs being the only one thAt needed a little longer.
      Here lately for some reason, (probably that I'm not drinking enough water due to my job) I had been waking up during the night with awful cramps out of nowhere. Hams would lock up to the point of tears, id roll over and my lats would catch etc.... but almost immediately this stuff started helping. I was able to sleep through the night, I wasn't really drinking much more water but , I felt like this was helping me hold onto what water I did ingest.
      Also the glutamine seemed to really help my immune system, dealing with the public during spring time and not getting sick is no coincidence in my book.

39.99 for 30 servings.... You usually can find decent ncaa products for around $20-25 but this is so much more than a ncaa product. I think the price is completely fair with the ingredient list and amounts.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A great product for helping your body when you leave the gym Thanks to nutrabio for sending this out, sorry for the delay I wrote this up last week and when I hit post I guess my internet cut out, wifi out here at my place is awful on my phone.
      • Unflavored : 5/10

June 4, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Enhanced Recovery
      • Vegan
      • Electrolytes
      • Has Vitamins
      • Nice Name
      • Top Quality Ingredients
      • Tingles At Home
      • No Bioperine
      • Tingles Post-Workout
      • Upset Stomach
      • Only 2 Flavors

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews (SR). Thanks to SupplementReviews and NutraBio for making this possible and trusting us. It's time to review the most versatile supplement, NutraBio Reload Recovery Matrix. I lift weights 5 days a week and take the typical supplements: Creatine, BCAA, Aminoacids, Multivitamin, etc. When I saw Reload was available, I was very eager to try it and luckily, I was able to claim it.

NutraBio sent me a folder with pages explaining each one of their products (I also claimed their Casein and PRE Extreme), they also sent me one of their shakers and a letter telling me about their History and the advantages of their products like no amino spiking, no proprietary blends, full clinical dosages, etc. You can view this as just a way of manipulating me to give them high ratings or... you can view this as a way of letting me know they really care about their products. I prefer this second way of looking at that. I don't think they need to do the first one. I would do something similar like them if I was the owner of the company.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

You can check the "MFR'S DESCRIPTION" on the left (below Product Label) to read why they added all the ingredients. There, they explain the purpose of each ingredient so I won't waste space nor time mentioning that here. I like all the ingredients NutraBio Reload has. Special mention to the 8 grams of fermented vegan source BCAA. 4-5 grams is the average of the industry so having 8 grams of fermented vegan BCAA in each serving is great! Another special mention to 1.5 grams of L-Carnitine Tartrate, I've read good things about its effectiveness post-workout for recovery. I also loved the combination between 1.5 grams of Betaine, 1.5 grams of Creatine HCL and 500mg of Creatine Magnapower. I couldn't find what's the standard dose for Creatine Magnapower but considering they added it to work well together with Betaine and Creatine HCL, then it's alright. That amount of Creatine HCL is double from the standard dose (standard is 750mg) so that's great. Betaine helps with Creatine synthesis and that's a good amount too.

Other ingredients worth mentioning: 5 grams of Glutamine (Kyowa Quality), 1.6 grams of Beta-Alanine, 1.5 grams of Taurine. I've never heard of the Kyowa Quality Glutamine but if it's patented, then it's alright.

And some Vitamins + Minerals. Great Nutrition Facts, top quality ingredients, patented ingredients probably make this more expensive.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I requested Orange Mango and got it. I love both of those fruits so I knew I was going to like it. They did a great job with the flavor and taste. It's not the best I've had but it's delicious. It's very hard to mix a lot of ingredients together, I had some doubts before because of the Leucine amount but nope, it wasn't a problem. They also have Passion Fruit, I'm eager to try that one, it must be delicious too. And for you grumpy taste bastards, there's also an Unflavored version lol.

MIXABILITY: Slight foaming but nothing to worry about. No clumps. Great mixing. It's difficult to mix so many ingredients together but they made it, good job. I just hope people throw in the water first and then the powder... If you do the opposite with any supplement, then don't complain about clumps.

DOSING: 1 scoop per day. They say that :"if training in the evening, take 1 serving early in the day". That's what I did, I took 1 serving like 1 hour after my breakfast. And considering this has a lot of post-workout ingredients, then sometimes I switched that serving after my workouts.

EFFECTIVENESS

Considering the difference in effectiveness, I'll separate this based on the 2 situations I took this: Early in the day (1 hour after my breakfast) and Post-Workout.

Early In the day (1 hour after my breakfast): Surprisingly, this was the moment I had the best results from NutraBio Reload. I usually feel the effects of aminoacids if I take them during the day before working out. And Reload wasn't the exception, the thing is in this case, it wasn't only BCAA, it was a bunch of ingredients that help you increase your performance, strength, recovery between sets and many other benefits. My recovery time between sets decreased, my strength increased, number of repetitions increased, I could workout for longer time, etc. I got the clean energy feeling after taking this. 8.5/10

Post-Workout: Looking at the ingredients, I thought this was going to be the perfect moment to take Reload. I don't know if my expectations were too high because of the ingredients but the effectiveness was "okay", nothing special. It wasn't bad but it felt like a normal amino acid supplement. The tingles from Beta-Alanine and Niacin are kind of annoying when it comes to Post-Workout, I love them pre-workout but not Post-workout. My post-workout recovery was average. Maybe my body wasn't digesting the ingredients correctly because sometimes I had to run to the bathroom after taking this. I combined it with food and sometimes it didn't give me any problems and sometimes it did. And taking Whey Protein after or before this is not a good idea. So I had to take this alone usually. My body wasn't completely comfortable taking this Post-Workout which is why I tried it most times Early in the Day. Maybe this is why they changed the name to "Reload"?? (It was called NutraBio Post Recovery). Why they removed the Bioperine? This can be the cause... 7/10

VALUE

NutraBio's website, Bodybuilding.com, Suppz, GNC have it for $39.99. It's not cheap BUT it's a fair price. The quality of the ingredients justifies the price. Just save some money and get it. You won't regret it.

SIDE EFFECTS

Sometimes I had to run to the bathroom after taking this. Don't know why, most of the times Post-Workout. Happened a couple of times. That's why I had to lower the score a bit. From 30 servings, it happened like 5 times, 4 post-workout and 1 early in the day.

CONCLUSION

Good list of ingredients. Top quality ingredients. Orange Mango is a very delicious taste. No problems mixing it. Great early in the day. Okay as Post-Workout. Nice marketing. Fair price. Nice name. Enhanced recovery between sets. Average recovery post-workout. Full transparency. Added vitamins/minerals. I called it "The most versatile supplement" because you can take this whenever you want. Early in the day, pre-workout, intra-workout, post-workout, anytime you want! And it will work.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Add the "Bioperine" to the formula again, why did you remove it? I think that would have helped me a lot digesting it post-workout without the side effects mentioned.
      2. To lower the price, I would suggest removing the patented ingredients. Their normal versions (normal pure Glutamine and normal Beta-Alanine) would do a good job too IMO. But only if it means you will lower the price to $35 maybe... if not, then leave it as it is.
      • Orange Mango: 8/10

May 24, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Enhanced Recovery
      • Reduced DOMS
      • No Proprietary Blends
      • Great Label Information
      • Reduced Fatigue
      • Little Pricey

I previously used NutraBio's POST Recovery supplement almost a year ago through the TROOPs. Upon looking at the label, it is almost identical except Reload does not have BioPerine like POST does. I am unsure why they changed the name and took out BioPerine, but that was the only difference I noticed anyway. Originally, I was not really a fan of POST, but I was training differently and may have been a bit too harsh on my rating. For some reason, Reload worked a lot better for me.

Reload is a recovery powder that is loaded with aminos and electrolytes. It is not your typical recovery powder because there are no protein or carbs included in the profile. This allows Reload to be taken whenever as opposed to just post-workout. Included in Reload are BCAAs at a 2:1:1 ratio for a total of 8 g per scoop. They are of the fermented plant source as opposed to animal sourced. 5 g of Kyowa glutamine, two types of creatine with HCl and MagnaPower totaling 2g, L-carnitine, betaine, OKG, beta-alanine, and glycine. All together, there is about 20 g of the different aminos. There are just under 2 g of electrolytes. As always with NutraBio, their ingredients are fully disclosed down to the flavorings used. They do use a pretty good amount of artificial ingredients, which I hope they do away with soon. They seem to be headed toward a more natural route. I like that this is vegan and also non-GMO.

Taste 7/10: I received the orange mango flavor and I thought it was okay. It was more of a fake tasting orange flavor to me, but was not too bad. I did not really notice too much of a mango flavor in here. I did not notice a bitter or chalky taste that may be expected with the amount of BCAAs included in here. I would mix this with about 16-20 oz. of water and I thought that was still even a bit too sweet for me.

Mixability 6/10: I noticed a lot of foaming and some settling with Reload. This was the same thing I noticed with the POST recovery I had from them. I would have to allow this to sit a lot more than other drinks I would have in the past to allow everything to settle.

Dosing 9/10: They suggest mixing this with 8-12 oz. of water on training and non-training days. I went with more water because it was too sweet for me otherwise. NutraBio suggests taking this once daily: if training in the morning, take one serving between meals late in the afternoon or evening. If training in the evening, take one serving early in the day. On non-training days, take 1-2 servings daily between meals. Since I trained late in the afternoon when I first started taking this, I opted to take this first thing the next morning. When I went to the academy, I was taking this when I got home.

When I took POST, I think the type of training I was doing was the reason why I did not think that supplement was too effective. I was doing the GVT and that made me really sore. When I took Reload, I was training a lot more frequently, but doing more of a bodybuilding type split: one body part a day mostly. I was actually training seven days a week towards the end of April and I think this allowed me to train that frequently. Maybe I could have been in pretty good shape to begin with, but I am sure this helped out some.

During my first few weeks in the academy, we have been doing a LOT of running and it is at a fast pace too. We also occasionally do circuits. I cannot tell you how many push ups we have done either. As far as weight lifting, I have not done any since starting May 1. I did not cramp up while taking this or really have any soreness to note. I actually caught a bad cramp in my calf last night that woke me up out of my sleep. I have been off of Reload for over a week, so I think this definitely helped me stay hydrated.

Price for Reload is about $40 not including shipping for 30 servings. That equals $1.33 per serving, which is a decent price for everything that you get in here. With the profile and quality of ingredients, it is a fair price.

Side Effects

Nothing.

Conclusion

For whatever reason, this worked better than the POST I had sometime last year. Again it could have been my training, or even me being in better shape this year, but I really did not notice any soreness while on Reload. This taste and mixing could be improved, but I think you should check this out if you need improved recovery at home. Thank you NutraBio for sending this out.
      • Orange Mango: 7/10

9.2
        May 24, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Reduced DOMS
      • Enhanced Recovery
      • No Proprietary Blends
      • Great Label Information
      • Reduced Fatigue

Shoutout to NutraBio for participating in the Troops program and making RELOAD Recovery Matrix available to us here at SR! I was stoked when I saw this listed. I've taken numerous BCAAs but have never specifically taken a recovery supplement, so this really peaked my interest. We know NB is all about quality ingredients and a fully disclosed label, so lets see what RELOAD is all about.

RELOAD is packed with ingredients, and of course, no prop blends. Just to touch on a few things because most has been said about this already, we know exactly what we are getting per scoop. After looking at it, you pretty much get a little bit off everything with this, BCAA's, vitamins, creatine, glutamine, and even a little beta alanine! The BCAA's come in at 8g per scoop, so if you're already taking a BCAA product, this will increase your recovery as well. The beta alanine is only 1.6g which is a little under dosed, but I didn't take this for beta alanine, but it may be beneficial for consumers who use this as an intra and stack it up with their PWO shake. There is also an electrolyte and re-hydration optimizer which should not help you replenish, but aid in recovery as well.

Taste: I asked for and received the orange mango flavor. I was disappointed in the flavor to be honest, and based off of other reviews, I seem to be the only one who didn't enjoy the taste. It tasted like drinking really bad orange juice after brushing your teeth. As I said though, if you read other reviews, everyone loved it, I'm just the odd man out here.

Mixability: Mixed absolutely fine in just using a blender bottle. No foaming or settlement. It did stain the white top of my shaker though.

Dosing: On training days I took this after my workouts. I lift mid afternoon so it was always taken before 5pm. On non-training days I took this upon waking up. I felt it was a good way to wake up a replenish my body, even though it wasn't the best tasting.

RELOAD had the most affect on reducing my soreness. Typically my body begins to become sore 18'ish hours after I lift that body part (except for legs, they're sore 30 minutes later and that will never change, haha). For example, my last lift of the week is always shoulders, along with incline db and incline flies to focus on my upper chest. I typically wait 2 days after shoulders before I restart my week with either chest or back. While taking this I was good to go with just one day of rest, which I took advantage of. It allowed me to get in extra lifts during the week. There were some days I was able to lift but decided to take the day off just to make sure I wasn't pushing myself to hard, rest is important. I have several injuries, some which have already been surgically repaired, others I continue to work through. I felt like this improved all my gym sessions. Maybe I was just having a good month in the gym and a lot of my inflammation went down, but I can only recall having one bad gym day while taking this, specifically relating to my shoulder. All in all I crushed every workout while taking this. I feel taking it in the mornings on non-workout days was one of the most beneficial uses of this product, along with taking it post workout.

You can pick a 30 serving tub for $40, which comes out to $1.33 per serving.

Side Effects

None to note.

Conclusion

Overall I feel that NB's RELOAD Recovery Matrix aided in reducing DOMS, increasing recovery, and allowing me to continue to hit the gym hard. For $40 a tub I would rather take this over a BCAA if I had to choose, but I think with both stacked together and compliment each other very well. I was taking NB's BCAA 5000 concurrently with RELOAD, which stacked nicely together. I attribute most of my recovery to RELOAD based off the ingredient profile, but the BCAAs definitely played their part as well. Next time trying this I just need to switch up the flavor, which I'm excited about after seeing other reviews.
      • Orange Mango: 5/10