RELOAD Recovery Matrix Reviews

By: NutraBio

Ranks #1 (better than 100%)
In: Amino Acids > Recovery

RELOAD Recovery Matrix is a Recovery Product manufactured by NutraBio. It is an amino acid based product that is designed to assist in workout recovery.

Amino Acids > Recovery

September 7, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhanced Recovery
  • Has Vitamins
    *Intro*
    A huge Apology to NutraBio, I will know you don't want excuses, the only thing you want is your Review! Well I will give you is an honest review of Reload. This is a hard product to beat in terms of having everything in one "shake" or drink that can help you recover from training.

*Side Effects*
    This is a big fat ZERO!

*Ingredient Profile*
    Can you say Everything!

Reload has one of the longest labels I have ever seen.I will only mention a few ingredients that I think are pretty important and you want in your shaker cups!
    BCAA - a whopping 8 grams
    Glycine - is a non essential amino acid, from what I read and the research I complied it has anti-inflammatory properties, improves recovery and helps build muscle.
    Creatine (MagnaPower/Hydrochloride)
    The actual list of ingredients takes up almost a whole side of the container.

*Taste & Mixability*
    Orange Mango was very very tasty and refreshing I looked forward to drinking this every single time. Flavor was on point, but more of and Orange than Mango flavor which I loved.

*Effectiveness*
    Ok guys this is what you really want to know, Does Reload Work! Yes it does! now this is not just a post workout drink. the ingredients in this help for pre/intra/post. I would suggest this mostly intra and post workout. Why well I normally take a pre-workout that is pretty well rounded so Why waste a scoop is this GOLD. Save it for the extra set you will do with it or for the ride home sipping on something that will feed your muscles and help you recover and hydrate from that grueling workout. On various occasions it Reload helped me feel so much better during a workout where I thought I was done and couldn't do another set or rep. As far a Post workout, Reload got rid of that lethargic feeling you sometimes get on the drive home, when your body is looking for fuel and food.

*Conclusion & Value*
    As with most if not all of NutraBios Line of Supplements Reload does not fall short and leave you wanting more. Reload is everything you want for recovery, growth, hydration and to keep every little bit of muscle that we try so hard gain and keep. Let me say this If you have never given this a try I would say give it a shot once. You will not find a more well rounded drink that is this versatile! In terms of Value I give it a 8.5; Why did I give it this score, well if you drink this as a once a day it will cost you about $1.33 per serving. Now it does lose points if you drink this multiple times per day then it really starts to get expensive. You can find Reload for $40 pretty much anywhere for 30 servings.

Reload is not a Shot in the dark, it is a great product from a Great Company. Thank you NutraBio and SR. Please accept my apology for the late late late review.
    • Orange Mango: 9/10

Advertisement:
    Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

July 26, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Enhanced Recovery
    • Reduced DOMS
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Great Label Information
    • Little Pricey
    • Strong Taste
    Thank you to Nutrabio for providing this and many other products of theirs to the TROOPs. One of the most important aspects of a workout and supplementing routine is what is done after you've hit the gym and worked out. So specialized recovery products are a nice luxury to have, as they combine several key elements of post-workout and recovery. Here's a look at Nutrabio's Reloaded Recovery Matrix:

Dosage

1 scoop taken post-workout.

Ingredient Profile (9/10)

Nutrabio may very well have the most detailed and fully disclosed ingredient labels in the supplement industry. Every detail, down to the flavoring is noted and accounted for on their labels, so huge bonus points in that area.

As for the ingredients in this product itself, this is an outstanding and complete profile. Essentially anything and everything you can think of that would be good for a recovery product you'll find in this, here are some highlights:
    *8 grams of BCAAs
    *5 grams of Glutamine
    *1.5 grams Carnitine
    *1.6 grams Beta Alanine
    *1.5 grams Betaine
    *2 grams of Creatine: 1.5 HCL, 500mg Magnapower
    *1.5 grams Taurine and Electrolyte Complex
    This is a very solid profile that leaves no stone unturned so to speak. A very well put together product.

Mixture (8/10)

Whenever products have a lot of ingredients in them, many times the mixture of the product suffers. With this product however, the mixture is actually pretty good. I feel that this speaks to the quality of ingredients used by Nutrabio in this product. I mixed with about 12-14 ounces of water in a shaker cup and there was some slight powder residue left over, but overall I was impressed given the complexity of the formula that it mixed as well as it did.

Taste (7/10)

I had the Passion Fruit flavor for this, and the taste overall was pretty decent. It had a slight sweetness to it, and a very bold flavoring. It might be on the heavy side for people sensitive to flavoring, but I personally didn't really have a problem with it. I used a little more water if I wanted to cut the flavoring. There was a slight aftertaste with this as well, but did not linger for long.

Effectiveness (9/10)

With the effective doses and quality ingredients in it, Reloaded Recovery Matrix hits the spot when it comes to a great post-workout product. I was very pleased with the results I got, even after heavy leg and chest days my soreness levels were down and my overall wellness feeling was up. This was ideal for the semi-cut that I was on at the time with the alternative forms of creatine that cut down on the water retention as well as the L-Carnitine and Taurine. This appears to be a product that would be beneficial no matter what stage of fitness you're on whether it is bulk, cut, or recomp.

Value (7/10)

As of writing this, it appears that Nutrabio's own website is the only place you're going to be able to find this at. The price is at $39.99 for 30 servings, or roughly $1.33 per serving. Since I would consider this a luxury product, and considering the profile and quality ingredients you get with this I think the value pans out pretty decently. It may not be something you could afford to get every month, especially if you're broke like me. However if you feel your recovery slacking, this product would be well worth the investment.

Conclusion and Verdict

Nutrabio's Reloaded Recovery Matrix is a very complete and effective post-workout product that delivers on effective doses, quality ingredients, and awesome recovery results. It may not fit into everyone's budget, but is a nice item to have on hand if you're putting your body through demanding workouts. I give this a big thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
    • Passion Fruit: 7/10

Advertisement:
    Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

June 24, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Enhanced Recoery
    • Great Label Information
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Enhanced Recovery
    • Little Pricey
    First off, thank you Nutrabio for the opportunity and being a part of the SR community. I've been extremely busy and I apologize to Nutrabio for not reviewing these in a timely.

What's up SR! Summers finally here. I know my body's not summer ready, but I'm still grinding day in and day out at the gym.

8g of BCAA, 5g of glutamine, 2g of creatine, and beta alanine. Quality ingredients and good doses, all included in a fully disclosed label. Check out clipper87 and marshes's reviews for a breakdown.

Taste (Passion Fruit): Best flavor, hands down. I liked that Nutrabio went a different route with their flavors instead of the same old ones. I love me some passion fruit. Any time I see passion fruit in the supermarket, I stock up on that. The taste was fairly spot on, not too bitter and not overly sweet. I could drink it all day.

Mixability: Had some issues from time to time. Nothing serious, just had to reshake and drink.

Dosing: I dosed this at one scoop to a bro scoop lol. Typically post workout after a meal. Sometimes on non-training days, I would have one scoop.

I dosed this post workout either with or after a meal. For those of you that don't know, I have been getting into powerlifting. I have been running the Juggernaut Method for about a year and a half now. Throughout most of my time running the Juggernaut Method, I was not running a recovery product. I definitely felt the DOMS. However when running this product, I could tell from the first dose that my soreness was reduced. The next day after a good sleep, I felt solid, less soreness, and was able to go 100% in the gym the next day.

I also noticed steady strength gains. What really helped the strength gains was the recovery. Like I mentioned earlier, soreness was greatly reduced. This is what really allowed me to push myself. I was in the gym longer and pushed myself harder.

30 servings for $39.99. Fairly high for a bcaa product but this is not just a bcaa product. The amount/quality of ingredients makes the price a tad more reasonable.

Side Effects

No side effects that I experienced.

Conclusion

Another great product by Nutrabio. They keep producing great quality products. This recovery product worked great for me. Even though it is on the higher side, I will definitely be adding this product to my stack. The product delivered and helped me make recovery and strength gains. If you are in the market for a new recovery product, look no further. Give it a try and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Thank you again Nutrabio!
    • Passion Fruit: 9/10

June 16, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Reduced Fatigue
    • Reduced DOMS
    • No Bioperine

I've done multiple reviews on nutrabio products so for me the intro to these is getting redundant. I really enjoy the products this company puts out and try to snag them every chance I get.

Like my review on the Pre workout, I feel like this section has been beat like the proverbial dead horse. You have a large amount of ingredients effectively doses for performance during and after a strenuous workout. BCAA/intra products have become a dime a dozen, but this one pulls out all the stops. 8g of BCAA, 5g of a patented glutamine, carnitine, beta alanine, plus an electrolyte replenishing type matrix.

Here was my only complaint with the product and it's really easily fixable. I received the unflavored version, I wouldn't advise this. The taste is one that makes you want to girl or is bad its just... I thought I would be able to mix this with another intra or a post shake and get all the ingredients with some added carbs and protein. The unflavored version gives whatever you mix it in a fairly salty weird added taste that made everything I tried it in hard to drink. The mixing however was pretty much in point throughout

For about 90% of the tub i took this with a flavored carb type product towards the last 15-30 minutes of my workout. I felt like that would be the best time to "reload" my muscles.
    DOMS went down significantly while using this, every muscle group seemed to be ready to train again about a day sooner on average with legs being the only one thAt needed a little longer.
    Here lately for some reason, (probably that I'm not drinking enough water due to my job) I had been waking up during the night with awful cramps out of nowhere. Hams would lock up to the point of tears, id roll over and my lats would catch etc.... but almost immediately this stuff started helping. I was able to sleep through the night, I wasn't really drinking much more water but , I felt like this was helping me hold onto what water I did ingest.
    Also the glutamine seemed to really help my immune system, dealing with the public during spring time and not getting sick is no coincidence in my book.

39.99 for 30 servings.... You usually can find decent ncaa products for around $20-25 but this is so much more than a ncaa product. I think the price is completely fair with the ingredient list and amounts.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A great product for helping your body when you leave the gym Thanks to nutrabio for sending this out, sorry for the delay I wrote this up last week and when I hit post I guess my internet cut out, wifi out here at my place is awful on my phone.
    • Unflavored : 5/10

June 4, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Enhanced Recovery
    • Vegan
    • Electrolytes
    • Has Vitamins
    • Nice Name
    • Top Quality Ingredients
    • Tingles At Home
    • No Bioperine
    • Tingles Post-Workout
    • Upset Stomach
    • Only 2 Flavors

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews (SR). Thanks to SupplementReviews and NutraBio for making this possible and trusting us. It's time to review the most versatile supplement, NutraBio Reload Recovery Matrix. I lift weights 5 days a week and take the typical supplements: Creatine, BCAA, Aminoacids, Multivitamin, etc. When I saw Reload was available, I was very eager to try it and luckily, I was able to claim it.

NutraBio sent me a folder with pages explaining each one of their products (I also claimed their Casein and PRE Extreme), they also sent me one of their shakers and a letter telling me about their History and the advantages of their products like no amino spiking, no proprietary blends, full clinical dosages, etc. You can view this as just a way of manipulating me to give them high ratings or... you can view this as a way of letting me know they really care about their products. I prefer this second way of looking at that. I don't think they need to do the first one. I would do something similar like them if I was the owner of the company.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

You can check the "MFR'S DESCRIPTION" on the left (below Product Label) to read why they added all the ingredients. There, they explain the purpose of each ingredient so I won't waste space nor time mentioning that here. I like all the ingredients NutraBio Reload has. Special mention to the 8 grams of fermented vegan source BCAA. 4-5 grams is the average of the industry so having 8 grams of fermented vegan BCAA in each serving is great! Another special mention to 1.5 grams of L-Carnitine Tartrate, I've read good things about its effectiveness post-workout for recovery. I also loved the combination between 1.5 grams of Betaine, 1.5 grams of Creatine HCL and 500mg of Creatine Magnapower. I couldn't find what's the standard dose for Creatine Magnapower but considering they added it to work well together with Betaine and Creatine HCL, then it's alright. That amount of Creatine HCL is double from the standard dose (standard is 750mg) so that's great. Betaine helps with Creatine synthesis and that's a good amount too.

Other ingredients worth mentioning: 5 grams of Glutamine (Kyowa Quality), 1.6 grams of Beta-Alanine, 1.5 grams of Taurine. I've never heard of the Kyowa Quality Glutamine but if it's patented, then it's alright.

And some Vitamins + Minerals. Great Nutrition Facts, top quality ingredients, patented ingredients probably make this more expensive.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I requested Orange Mango and got it. I love both of those fruits so I knew I was going to like it. They did a great job with the flavor and taste. It's not the best I've had but it's delicious. It's very hard to mix a lot of ingredients together, I had some doubts before because of the Leucine amount but nope, it wasn't a problem. They also have Passion Fruit, I'm eager to try that one, it must be delicious too. And for you grumpy taste bastards, there's also an Unflavored version lol.

MIXABILITY: Slight foaming but nothing to worry about. No clumps. Great mixing. It's difficult to mix so many ingredients together but they made it, good job. I just hope people throw in the water first and then the powder... If you do the opposite with any supplement, then don't complain about clumps.

DOSING: 1 scoop per day. They say that :"if training in the evening, take 1 serving early in the day". That's what I did, I took 1 serving like 1 hour after my breakfast. And considering this has a lot of post-workout ingredients, then sometimes I switched that serving after my workouts.

EFFECTIVENESS

Considering the difference in effectiveness, I'll separate this based on the 2 situations I took this: Early in the day (1 hour after my breakfast) and Post-Workout.

Early In the day (1 hour after my breakfast): Surprisingly, this was the moment I had the best results from NutraBio Reload. I usually feel the effects of aminoacids if I take them during the day before working out. And Reload wasn't the exception, the thing is in this case, it wasn't only BCAA, it was a bunch of ingredients that help you increase your performance, strength, recovery between sets and many other benefits. My recovery time between sets decreased, my strength increased, number of repetitions increased, I could workout for longer time, etc. I got the clean energy feeling after taking this. 8.5/10

Post-Workout: Looking at the ingredients, I thought this was going to be the perfect moment to take Reload. I don't know if my expectations were too high because of the ingredients but the effectiveness was "okay", nothing special. It wasn't bad but it felt like a normal amino acid supplement. The tingles from Beta-Alanine and Niacin are kind of annoying when it comes to Post-Workout, I love them pre-workout but not Post-workout. My post-workout recovery was average. Maybe my body wasn't digesting the ingredients correctly because sometimes I had to run to the bathroom after taking this. I combined it with food and sometimes it didn't give me any problems and sometimes it did. And taking Whey Protein after or before this is not a good idea. So I had to take this alone usually. My body wasn't completely comfortable taking this Post-Workout which is why I tried it most times Early in the Day. Maybe this is why they changed the name to "Reload"?? (It was called NutraBio Post Recovery). Why they removed the Bioperine? This can be the cause... 7/10

VALUE

NutraBio's website, Bodybuilding.com, Suppz, GNC have it for $39.99. It's not cheap BUT it's a fair price. The quality of the ingredients justifies the price. Just save some money and get it. You won't regret it.

SIDE EFFECTS

Sometimes I had to run to the bathroom after taking this. Don't know why, most of the times Post-Workout. Happened a couple of times. That's why I had to lower the score a bit. From 30 servings, it happened like 5 times, 4 post-workout and 1 early in the day.

CONCLUSION

Good list of ingredients. Top quality ingredients. Orange Mango is a very delicious taste. No problems mixing it. Great early in the day. Okay as Post-Workout. Nice marketing. Fair price. Nice name. Enhanced recovery between sets. Average recovery post-workout. Full transparency. Added vitamins/minerals. I called it "The most versatile supplement" because you can take this whenever you want. Early in the day, pre-workout, intra-workout, post-workout, anytime you want! And it will work.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Add the "Bioperine" to the formula again, why did you remove it? I think that would have helped me a lot digesting it post-workout without the side effects mentioned.
    2. To lower the price, I would suggest removing the patented ingredients. Their normal versions (normal pure Glutamine and normal Beta-Alanine) would do a good job too IMO. But only if it means you will lower the price to $35 maybe... if not, then leave it as it is.
    • Orange Mango: 8/10

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Enhanced Recovery
    • Reduced DOMS
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Great Label Information
    • Reduced Fatigue
    • Little Pricey

I previously used NutraBio's POST Recovery supplement almost a year ago through the TROOPs. Upon looking at the label, it is almost identical except Reload does not have BioPerine like POST does. I am unsure why they changed the name and took out BioPerine, but that was the only difference I noticed anyway. Originally, I was not really a fan of POST, but I was training differently and may have been a bit too harsh on my rating. For some reason, Reload worked a lot better for me.

Reload is a recovery powder that is loaded with aminos and electrolytes. It is not your typical recovery powder because there are no protein or carbs included in the profile. This allows Reload to be taken whenever as opposed to just post-workout. Included in Reload are BCAAs at a 2:1:1 ratio for a total of 8 g per scoop. They are of the fermented plant source as opposed to animal sourced. 5 g of Kyowa glutamine, two types of creatine with HCl and MagnaPower totaling 2g, L-carnitine, betaine, OKG, beta-alanine, and glycine. All together, there is about 20 g of the different aminos. There are just under 2 g of electrolytes. As always with NutraBio, their ingredients are fully disclosed down to the flavorings used. They do use a pretty good amount of artificial ingredients, which I hope they do away with soon. They seem to be headed toward a more natural route. I like that this is vegan and also non-GMO.

Taste 7/10: I received the orange mango flavor and I thought it was okay. It was more of a fake tasting orange flavor to me, but was not too bad. I did not really notice too much of a mango flavor in here. I did not notice a bitter or chalky taste that may be expected with the amount of BCAAs included in here. I would mix this with about 16-20 oz. of water and I thought that was still even a bit too sweet for me.

Mixability 6/10: I noticed a lot of foaming and some settling with Reload. This was the same thing I noticed with the POST recovery I had from them. I would have to allow this to sit a lot more than other drinks I would have in the past to allow everything to settle.

Dosing 9/10: They suggest mixing this with 8-12 oz. of water on training and non-training days. I went with more water because it was too sweet for me otherwise. NutraBio suggests taking this once daily: if training in the morning, take one serving between meals late in the afternoon or evening. If training in the evening, take one serving early in the day. On non-training days, take 1-2 servings daily between meals. Since I trained late in the afternoon when I first started taking this, I opted to take this first thing the next morning. When I went to the academy, I was taking this when I got home.

When I took POST, I think the type of training I was doing was the reason why I did not think that supplement was too effective. I was doing the GVT and that made me really sore. When I took Reload, I was training a lot more frequently, but doing more of a bodybuilding type split: one body part a day mostly. I was actually training seven days a week towards the end of April and I think this allowed me to train that frequently. Maybe I could have been in pretty good shape to begin with, but I am sure this helped out some.

During my first few weeks in the academy, we have been doing a LOT of running and it is at a fast pace too. We also occasionally do circuits. I cannot tell you how many push ups we have done either. As far as weight lifting, I have not done any since starting May 1. I did not cramp up while taking this or really have any soreness to note. I actually caught a bad cramp in my calf last night that woke me up out of my sleep. I have been off of Reload for over a week, so I think this definitely helped me stay hydrated.

Price for Reload is about $40 not including shipping for 30 servings. That equals $1.33 per serving, which is a decent price for everything that you get in here. With the profile and quality of ingredients, it is a fair price.

Side Effects

Nothing.

Conclusion

For whatever reason, this worked better than the POST I had sometime last year. Again it could have been my training, or even me being in better shape this year, but I really did not notice any soreness while on Reload. This taste and mixing could be improved, but I think you should check this out if you need improved recovery at home. Thank you NutraBio for sending this out.
    • Orange Mango: 7/10

9.2

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Reduced DOMS
    • Enhanced Recovery
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Great Label Information
    • Reduced Fatigue

Shoutout to NutraBio for participating in the Troops program and making RELOAD Recovery Matrix available to us here at SR! I was stoked when I saw this listed. I've taken numerous BCAAs but have never specifically taken a recovery supplement, so this really peaked my interest. We know NB is all about quality ingredients and a fully disclosed label, so lets see what RELOAD is all about.

RELOAD is packed with ingredients, and of course, no prop blends. Just to touch on a few things because most has been said about this already, we know exactly what we are getting per scoop. After looking at it, you pretty much get a little bit off everything with this, BCAA's, vitamins, creatine, glutamine, and even a little beta alanine! The BCAA's come in at 8g per scoop, so if you're already taking a BCAA product, this will increase your recovery as well. The beta alanine is only 1.6g which is a little under dosed, but I didn't take this for beta alanine, but it may be beneficial for consumers who use this as an intra and stack it up with their PWO shake. There is also an electrolyte and re-hydration optimizer which should not help you replenish, but aid in recovery as well.

Taste: I asked for and received the orange mango flavor. I was disappointed in the flavor to be honest, and based off of other reviews, I seem to be the only one who didn't enjoy the taste. It tasted like drinking really bad orange juice after brushing your teeth. As I said though, if you read other reviews, everyone loved it, I'm just the odd man out here.

Mixability: Mixed absolutely fine in just using a blender bottle. No foaming or settlement. It did stain the white top of my shaker though.

Dosing: On training days I took this after my workouts. I lift mid afternoon so it was always taken before 5pm. On non-training days I took this upon waking up. I felt it was a good way to wake up a replenish my body, even though it wasn't the best tasting.

RELOAD had the most affect on reducing my soreness. Typically my body begins to become sore 18'ish hours after I lift that body part (except for legs, they're sore 30 minutes later and that will never change, haha). For example, my last lift of the week is always shoulders, along with incline db and incline flies to focus on my upper chest. I typically wait 2 days after shoulders before I restart my week with either chest or back. While taking this I was good to go with just one day of rest, which I took advantage of. It allowed me to get in extra lifts during the week. There were some days I was able to lift but decided to take the day off just to make sure I wasn't pushing myself to hard, rest is important. I have several injuries, some which have already been surgically repaired, others I continue to work through. I felt like this improved all my gym sessions. Maybe I was just having a good month in the gym and a lot of my inflammation went down, but I can only recall having one bad gym day while taking this, specifically relating to my shoulder. All in all I crushed every workout while taking this. I feel taking it in the mornings on non-workout days was one of the most beneficial uses of this product, along with taking it post workout.

You can pick a 30 serving tub for $40, which comes out to $1.33 per serving.

Side Effects

None to note.

Conclusion

Overall I feel that NB's RELOAD Recovery Matrix aided in reducing DOMS, increasing recovery, and allowing me to continue to hit the gym hard. For $40 a tub I would rather take this over a BCAA if I had to choose, but I think with both stacked together and compliment each other very well. I was taking NB's BCAA 5000 concurrently with RELOAD, which stacked nicely together. I attribute most of my recovery to RELOAD based off the ingredient profile, but the BCAAs definitely played their part as well. Next time trying this I just need to switch up the flavor, which I'm excited about after seeing other reviews.
    • Orange Mango: 5/10

• Occasional Mixability Issues

Thanks again to SR and Nutrabio for giving me the opportunity to review this product. Over the past month I was able to stack three Nutrabio products which allowed me to FINALLY get a consistent dose of everything I wanted to enhance my workouts. Overall, I definitely noticed this product during the 3rd and 4th weeks of training. Over time, as everyone knows, our body breaks down trying to creating more energy/repair muscle for our body's to use at the gym. This product provides a good amount of ingredients that not only help the recovery process, but provide bits of energy than you can use throughout the day instead of heading for the 3rd cup of coffee.

Since this product has a boat load of ingredients I am going to hit on the main ones that I feel make this product better than others. The first portion of the ingredients I will go over deal with what the company refers to as "Anabolic growth". This sections consists of the 2:1:1 BCAA ratio that is responsible for mTOR activation which helps induce protein synthesis. In basic terms, muscle mass is equal to protein synthesis minue protein breakdown. Imagine if your protein breakdown was more than your synthesis, well for some people not supplementing, this may be true. This would cause an increase chance of injury to the muscles throughout your body. As anyone who knows a little about the MSK system when your muscles get injured and weak then you start to put your joints and ligaments at risk for injury. Fortunately, these BCAAs contribute to the improvement in recovery of your muscles and increased endurance during your workouts and throughout the day, and as most people should know the three AA are L-leucine (4g), L-isoleucine (2g), and L-Valine (2g).

The second section of the ingredient list that I want to hit on is the "Muscle Recovery Activators". This section includes L-glutamine (5g), L-carnitine (1.5g), and Glycine (500mg). L-glutamine is advertised as a muscle builder, but has a greater indirect role. It is responsible for the transport of nitrogen across tissue membranes. Its main effects can be categorized as anabolic and immunostimulatory. Gleeson, 2008, suggests "reasons for taking glutamine supplements (support for immune system, increased glycogen synthesis, anticatabolic effect) have received little support from well-controlled scientific studies in healthy, well-nourished humans"*-- you may want to take that into account when looking for recovery products. L-carnitine plays a role in energy production. It transports long-chain fatty acids into the cells so they can be burned to produce energy. Carnitine is also concentrated in skeletal muscle tissue that utilize fatty acids as fuel. Glycine is an AA "that benefits the entire body". In regards to this product, it is responsible for two things: 1: Promoting Muscle Growth - glycine has been found to help inhibit the deterioration of protein tissue that forms muscle and boosts muscle recovery, and for all you older folks out there it may help maintain lean muscle mass as you age. Additionally, it may also help stimulate secretion of HGH, prevent loss of cartilage in joints, improve energy, physical performance, and mental capabilities. The second responsibility of glycine is 2) Repairs and Protects Joints and Cartilage - in conjunction with other AA found in bone, this AA plays a part in the formation of collagen, promoting the growth and function of joints,and tendons and ligaments *.

Other important ingredients in this product include Beta-alainine (nice! some energy from a recovery product!) and creatine. I appreciate that this company uses creatine in this product because since glycine is one of the ingredients that comes from the synthesis of creatine it only makes sense to give the body what it needs to make gains!

*Gleeson, M. (2008). Dosing and efficacy of glutamine supplementation in human exercise. Journal of Nutrition, 138 (10): 2045-2049.
    ** Derived from https://draxe.com/glycine/

Taste was average 6/10, in my opinion. When I first tried the orange mango I thought it wasn't bad, but then over time I kinda got a gross after taste from it. The taste is nothing that is going to deter my view of the product, but in the future I may want to try the Passion Fruit Flavor they have. The main issue that I ran into a lot with mixing is that it tended to stick to the corners of my blender bottle. A little bit of a hassle, but I just took a utensil and loosened the sediment and then it mixed well. Once again a very large scoop compared to the normal supplements I take, and once again not a big deal. One scoop is 25.1 g of powder.

8.5/10 - This product really worked for me when I was able to take it on a consistent basis. I felt that in combination with the Nutrabio protein and PWO I was able to achieve everything I wanted to. I was able to lift longer and harder as my program asked. Even when I came back to Las Vegas after being away for 2 months my GF noticed a change in muscle mass in my shoulder and arms. I will say that change is a lot more noticeable when you don't see someone for two months, but I contribute it to my supplementation and workout program. While taking this product I mainly drank it between my breakfast and lunch and then did my workout in the evening around 5pm. I was restricted to this schedule because of work, so on weekends I changed it to taking the recovery right after breakfast before my workouts around 11am. I never noticed that timing was a major issue for me, but like I stated in my intro I tried to stay as consistent as possible with this supplementation. Since it is so easy to stray off the path of correct supplementation I think consistency played a large part. In addition to being able to lift longer and harder during my workouts, this product also gave me a nice boost of energy during the day when taking it. I did't need to go for another cup of coffee or take any other energy supplement, and actually improved my cognitive abilities for a short period of time (mainly due to the energy boost). I would also like to state that there wasn't a time I remember that my muscles were "too sore" to lift. I was always able to bounce back from a hard workout and I contribute that to this product.

You get about 30 servings for $39.99 which comes out to about $1.33 per serving (Bodybuilding.com, Nutrabio.com). Unfortunately, I have tried other recovery products that are cheaper and work just as well or even better. To me this is on the expensive side, but valid since the ingredient profile is very detailed.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A really good product if your looking for recovery and muscle building. The ingredients in this product allow for a good combination to promote muscle growth and recovery, and science behind some of the ingredients support it. Most people who take recovery products are looking for that boost so they can lift effectively every lift no matter if it's their legs or chest. This product does everything the company proposes and it's full disclosure label doesn't disappoint. Muscle gain was my main outcome of taking this product, but I also noticed sufficient energy and recovery. Now I'll say that I will struggle to buy another tub of this only because I can get similar products for a little bit cheaper, but sometimes results are more important than money (in my opinion).

As always, Live happy, Live Healthy
    G.D.
    • Orange Mango: 6/10

May 21, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Reduced Fatigue
    • Reduced DOMS
    • Little Pricey

Well if have been on Sr.com any at all you will know that Nutrabio makes great product's. This is no different. Nutrabio has always been very giving to Sr.com and I want to thank them for that. I hope they continue to be a part of it and also continue to make top shelf products as they do.

Too much to cover everything. But if you know anything at all about reading the label of a supplement label, take one look at this and be amazed.
    Anabolic Growth IBCAA'S 8grams and I really think you need 8 grams of Bcaa to really benefit from them.
    Muscle Recovery Accelerator of 7.5 grams which consists of L-glutamine, L-Carnitine, Okg, and Glycine. Glutamine has always been a very effective supplement for me and also aids in just overall health benefits, especially during cold and flu season.
    Strength and Growth Matrix which has 5100 mg consisting of Beta-alanine, betaine, Creatine Hydrochloride, and creatine Magnapower. Now the only one I am on the fence about is the Magnapower, I know it is studied a lot, I have even used as a standalone , but I just do not get much from it.
    Electrolyte and Rehydration Optimizer packing in at 1.9grams
    Also their some 15 mg of niacin which is a great little addition for a number of reasons. Also their is no additional Dye's or unnecessary fillers or additives.
    Nutrabio always shows and fully disclosed label that I trust.

It does sink a bit, but it mixes fine in a blender bottle, Just a slight shake after it settles some you are fine. I had the Orange Mango and as always they nail the flavor.

Now I decided to use this the day after training around mid-morning. The one thing that I found odd was the tingle's from the beta alanine. Now I do not think this one has more in it than others, but for some reason they would always hit me hard for a few min's. Being on a Four day a week full body workout's this stuff proved to be pretty awesome. I was on my program for about 2 weeks prior to trying this and I stayed sore and stiff. While on this I noticed dramatic decrease in soreness. Now I never used this as a Intra so I can not say how it would work for recovery rates while working out between sets. But I can say that it did seem I was able to increase my weights and speed of my workout's while on this as well. I do feel that one thing that helped me feel overall better was the added Hydration this provides. I sweat a lot at work and taking this while at work seemed to always ( perk ) me up somewhat. Nutrabio proved to me that this helped recovery in several areas and true recovery aid should do.

40 bucks for 30 servings, Yea it is a bit high, but this has helped me recover better than some others I have tried in the past. Now I feel this is maybe just an ( extra ) supplement and may not truly be needed. But if you are one that takes training serious and supplements serious this maybe something you want to give a go.

Side Effects

Zero

Conclusion

Nutrabio has proven over and over they make top tier products. This is no different, I would like to catch a sale on this and try it again as strictly a Intra and see how it works like that. If you are looking for a great recovery product give this a go. You will not be disappointed.
    Thank you Nutrabio for being so good to this site and letting so many here give a go with your great products.
    • Orange Mango: 8/10

May 17, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Reduced DOMS
    • Little Pricey

Time for another review of a product from one of my favorite companies, NutraBio. Reload Recovery Matrix is their newest post-workout recovery product that will get you all fixed up after a good training session, and get you right back in the gym, ready for another one. Thanks again as always to NutraBio for sending this one out. They always provide a great package which includes phenomenal info about the product and usually a branded shaker. Awesome.

Reload Recovery Matrix has a very lengthy, fully transparent profile that really shines. I have attached an image of the label that you can take a look at for the full details. In summary, it is made up of five different components. First is the Anabolic Growth iBCAA's, which is 8 total grams of Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. Never anything wrong with that. The next is the Muscle Recovery Accelerator which has a nice big dose of Glutamine at 5g, and also some Carnitine, Glycine and Ornithine Alpha-Ketogluterate. OKG is a supplement that can be purchased stand-alone and is supposed to help with protein synthesis. The third component is the Strength and Growth Matrix. This has CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine at 1.6g and a total of 2g creatine, made up of 1.5g Creatine Hydrochloride and 500mg Creatine MagnaPower. I like the way they dosed the creatine here. 2g is a good number in my opinion because so many PWO products have creatine in them now and sometimes you have a certain amount you want to hit. At 2g they don't overdo it which allows you to better personalize your creatine intake. Next is the Electrolyte and Rehydration Optimizer. The two big parts of this one are taurine and potassium. Last is the Nutrient Absorption Enhancer which has one ingredient, you guessed it, BioPerine and 5mg.

All in all I think this is a pretty fantastic profile.

I received the Orange Mango flavor and found it to be very refreshing. With 12-16ozs of water, it tasted very light and full of flavor. The mixability was decent, just make sure you give it a couple hard shakes and let it sit for a minute or two. Sometimes id get a layer of white foamy stuff on the top if I didn't shake it enough. Residue was never left over at the bottom of my shaker. I dosed this according to the instructions for AM workouts, which was to take it later in the day between meals to help with protein synthesis. I had 1 scoop per day, including off-days.

Reload Recovery Matrix was spot on in the effectiveness department. Almost immediately from day one I noticed effects from it. My general soreness in the gym was way down, almost not present at all. By this I mean the aches that I have become accustomed to. Forearm, shoulder, etc. Everything felt better. I also noticed strength increases in the gym. I don't log all my weights (I should but I am always rushed), but in general i felt stronger while using this product. This was also confirmed with how I feel the past week or so after having completed the container and no longer using it. There is a definite difference in the quality of my workouts and my recovery time. I hit legs the other day and was REAL sore the next two days. When I had done those same workouts while using this I barely felt it at all the next day.

Also, I sometimes forget to supplement my creapure when I am not using a product that has creatine so taking RRM every day ensured I kept up my intake. I think this had something to do with the increased strength I felt.

Based on how good this tastes, I could see using as an Intra-Workout product as well, but I never tried that. I decided at the beginning that I would just follow the instructions to a tee and see how things go.

One 30-day supply of RRM goes for $39.99. That is somewhat of a hefty price on the outside, but when you really take a close look at what you're getting, I find it to be fair. If you ever find this stuff on sale, scoop it up for sure. I know I will.

Side Effects

No negative side effects to report.

Conclusion

As always, I loved this NutraBio product. I wish I could do a little better in the effectiveness section, but when it comes down to it, this product did exactly what it supposed to, helped me recover. I can't really drag that out too much. For a company that is now showing up in GNC's, I think NutraBio is soing a great job maintaining their integrity with fully disclosed labels and quality products. I feel like it's pretty easy these days to slip up on all that stuff and just lure customers into buying products based on empty claims. I look forward to seeing their continued success.
    • Orange Mango: 9/10