PRE Workout V5 Reviews

By: NutraBio

Overall
Overall
9.1
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  April 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Proper Doses
  • Great Pumps

I'm a natural bodybuilder who is attending the University of Arizona, I run a fitness page on instagram @ boonbrandon, and I have been fascinated by supplementation for quite awhile and have put hours and hours into reading sports medicine journals and research papers testing how effective supplements/individual ingredients are. I mostly am familiar with different formulations of pre workouts, so this is right down my alley.

This without a doubt is the most comprehensive ingredient profile I have ever seen on a pre workout. I'm not going to list each individual ingredient because you can just check out the label of it to see the list, but I will just say that every single area of this pre workout is incredibly "complete" for lack of a better term. A lot of pres just have one "pump ingredient" or possibly two if clinically dosed. This has citrulline, agmatine, AND nitrosigine. There's a clinical dosage of Leucine, of Betaine, there's two forms of creatine... all potent muscle builders. For a pre where the only stim is caffeine (but found in two forms) the focus is awesome thanks to Tyrosine, Choline, Theanine, AND Huperzine. Another thing to be said about the ingredient profile is that they used all "name-brand" ingredients. CreaPure. MagnaPower. Kyowa-quality. Nitrosigine. VitaCholine. Calci-K. CarnoSyn. They could have just used generic sources for each of these ingredients but they used the high quality name-brand ownings of these ingredients so you truly know you're getting the purest of each ingredient.

On top of this, with the pre workout, NutraBio sent out a letter explaining EVERY SINGLE change they made to the formula from V4 to V5 including changing ingredients to "name brand" ingredients for guaranteed quality and slightly upping the dosages of certain ingredients to reach the clinically effective dosages as shown in studies.

Another super impressive touch with just how transparent the label is is how they show even dosages of the "other ingredients" (210 mg sucralose, 30 mg acesulfame potassium, 30mg beet root for color). I have never seen another pre workout show this, because I believe they're not required to. NutraBio is just WILLINGLY showing absolutely everything for us.

I got the blue raspberry flavor, and while it wasn't the best blue raspberry supplement I have ever had, it certainly wasn't disgusting and who drinks pre workout for the taste anyway? Dosing is super simple- one serving is one scoop. Mixability was surprisingly good for how many ingredients are in this, the only thing that can happen is that it can foam up and leave some foam residue on the side of your cups so once you chug it down you may have to add some extra water into the cup, swish it around, then drink it again to get everything.

This is definitely the most effective out of all the "clinical dosed" category of pre workouts that I have tried. What I mean by this is that it may not be as energy-intensive as say, a pre workout that is stim heavy and has DMHA and Hordenine and Higenamine and Yohimbine in it, but this still somehow competes with the effectiveness of those despite caffeine being the only stim. Obviously the energy is a lot more gradual and "clean" but I really enjoyed it and still managed to get some positive cognitive effects as far as focus goes. Endurance and pump is super solid with this, and using this while both on a calorie surplus AND a deficit I was able to say it is very useful for either.

So this can be found for 39.99 for 20 servings. This lands it at 2 dollars per serving, which definitely is on the more expensive side of pre workouts. HAVING SAID THAT, I think this is completely justified. I'm fully confident if you bought all the ingredients in bulk and tried making something comparable the serving price would be well above $2, and they used all of the very highest quality name brand ingredients in clinical dosages rather than just generic ingredients and this is definitely what makes the value acceptable compared to other clinical dosed pres that land around $2 per scoop anyway.

Side Effects

I didn't really have any side effects I can think of with this. No sleeplessness, anxiety, jitters, or hard crash.

Conclusion

Overall, I was incredibly impressed by this. Especially as someone who likes higher stim pre workouts, to use a more research-based pre where the only stim is caffeine and have just as solid of performance enhancement was pretty incredible. Sure, it is slightly expensive, but when you see just how many ingredients are in there, the dose, and the quality (name-brand) of each ingredient, you will understand that this is actually about as solid of a pre as you can find.
  • Blue Raspberry: 7/10