PRE Workout V5 Reviews

By: NutraBio

Overall
Overall
6.2
6.7
6.1
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  May 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Proper Doses
  • Headache And GI Issues At Times
  • No Muscle Build

What's up guys I am here reviewing Nutra Bio PRE. Overall I think this product had a really good design with the ingredient profile and the ability to increase focus and energy. At the end of the day NutraBio is always a go-to for me, but this this PWO just didn't do the job I was hoping for. I think for me it really lacked the ability to get me to the one extra rep. I will explain below.

Power,Strength and Endurance Complex (14.4g)

L-Leucine (3.5g) - this is a good ingredient to have I included for endurance purpose. Leucine is a naturally occurring amino acid in your body and supplementation can help supply the muscles energy when they are put under stress. A couple other beneficial effects of leucine are that it maintains nitrogen balance in the body, and also preserves muscle glycogen.

Beta Alanine (3.2g) - One of my favorite ingredients that should be (in my opinion) included in every PWO. This is a really good one to get you those extra reps during the workout and toward the end of the workout. People that I know have said that it gives them the tingly feeling, but I personally have never experienced this. I get some good results from this ingredient.

PharmaPure Creatine Monohydrate (3g) - this is just your basic creatine monohydrate which helps improve lean muscle mass, increase muscle strength and can help with recovery during and after exercise.

Beatine Anhydrous (2.5g) - Helps to promote strength and overall bodily composition. There was a study done on trained and untrained men taking this product. The results showed little to no improvement in strength in untrained men, but demonstrated an effectiveness in improving strength in men with a intermediate training background

DL Malic Acid (1.7g)
Creatine MagnaPower (500mg)

Nitric Oxide Pump Matrix (7.75g)
L-citrulline (6g) - This helps boost nitric oxide in your body dilating blood vessels allowing more blood and oxygen to be delivered to your muscles during the workout. This also is known to play a role in reducing the ammonia decreased exercises induced fatigue.

Agmatine Sulfate (1g) - This ingredient has roles in regulating nitric oxide synthesis, promoted recovery in muscles and promoted muscle growth and stamina

Nitrosigine (750mg) - I was not really sure what this was so I had to do some research and found their website. According to the website it is said to work within 15 minutes. The website states that it may help enhance performance by promoting blood flow and by increasing focus and energy. In a study I am guessing was performed by scientists with this company Nitrosigine significantly increased nitric oxide (NO) production over each ingredient tested: Arginine AKG, Agmatine Sulfate, Citrulline Malate, L-Arginine, and Citrulline.

Focus and Stim Matrix
L-tyrosine (1.5g) - this is a building block of protein as well as a precursor to epinephrine. This ingredient helps fat to be metabolized to be burned for energy. This also has a good effect in improving cognitive ability and alertness.

Caffeine (350mg) - we all know what this does!

TheaPure L-Theanine (300mg) - This in combination with caffeine have a great effect on improving energy and focus which is more than likely why this is included in this product.

The flavor that I received was blue raspberry. Overall I though the taste was fine nothing too special, but the biggest issue I had with the PWO was that it was impossible to mix in a regular glass. I would consistently get settling and "fluff" on the top of the liquid. Once I switched to a shaker bottle this was mainly avoided, but in my mind I still should not get this if I am trying to used a glass and spoon. That being said even with the shaker bottle I still got some settling. For dosing one medium sized scoop was 28.7 grams.

Overall I give this section a B. There are many reasons why this can be a great product for people. I think it has good ingredients that promotes muscle growth as well as overall endurance and focus. The reasons why this worked for me is the endurance and focus factor. I think that the PWO gave me the energy I needed to get to the gym and get my workout done in full. Unfortunately when I am looking at a PWO I am looking for more than just endurance and focus. I need that supplement that will give me the ability to get those extra reps and sets consistently so I can GROW! This just didn't do it for me. Side note: This is particularly interesting because I love Beta Alanine and this is the ingredient that is meant to do this! (maybe I need to rethink) I never really felt like going the extra mile during my workouts. I originally thought that it was possibly from a repetitive workout so I decided to change that up. Even with the change I experienced the same issues. The only other supplements I was taking at the time was creatine and BCAA which is consistent for me so I am fairly confident those were not the issues. I would have like this PWO to get me the extra mile and perform the extra reps and sets. The other downfall was the side effects that I explain below. I really didn't like going to the bathroom at work having to make a quick stop between the patients I was having to treat.

The value of this PWO is slightly more than other PWO I have tried and seen. For $39.99 you can get the 20 serving container on bodybuilding.com at $2.00/serving. You can get this on the nutrabio website for the same price. The cheapest site I found this on was ebay.com for $36.99, but for me if I am buying an PWO I am more than likely not getting it from ebay.com. This is a fairly expensive PWO so everyone needs to make sure to do their research.

Side Effects

This was a big downfall for this supplement. The very first time I drank this until the last drop I consistently got stomach issues. I am not entirely sure what caused this since most of the ingredients I have taken before. I would also have to go to the bathroom right before and after the workout, and to say the least it was not normal bowel movements. I also experienced mild stomach aches post workout from this.

Conclusion

Overall this a very average PWO for me. The ingredient profile is great and I think for some people it has very good potential to get you through the hard workouts. For me it didn't do what I wanted or expected. I am not sure what could have been changed, but for the side effects reason I probably would be reluctant to try this again.
  • Blue Raspberry: 7/10

• jamesjsix
    May 14, 2018

Solid review. This is usually really highly rated by other members but just goes to show that not every product works for everyone.

• dmf8625
    May 15, 2018

What ingredient or increased dosage would you like to see in this product to provide that muscle building effect?

Also, did you typically take this on an empty stomach or with food?

• Gdolce42
    May 18, 2018

After the first time I made sure I took it after I ate something.. similar issues unfortunately