PRE Workout V5 Reviews

By: NutraBio

Overall
Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  May 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Research Based
  • Clinically Dosed
  • Endurance
  • Hot Flash

Pre-Workout designed with quality ...

First and foremost I would like to thank NutraBio for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I'm always on a lookout for Pre-workouts since they run out fast. You usually get 20 servings and that should last a month, if you're not insane and don't hit the gym everyday. There are two things that stood out instantly for me ... 1) Quickly viewing the ingredient profile I noticed that most of them were clinically dosed and 2) It's NutraBio ... Quality that I usually would not be able to afford in real life ...

Get some popcorn and sit down ... there is a lot to cover in this profile ....

First inline are the vitamins ...

Vitamin C 250%
Vitamin B3 150%
Vitamin B6 2500%
Vitamin B12 2500%

Good collection of vitamins to help you with sustaining energy.

Power, Strength & Endurance Complex

L-Leucine 3.5g - Important amino acid that is one of the three that are named BCAA. This one is directly responsible for muscle protein synthesis. It will help you a little with strength but mostly it's know for it's recovery attribute. This has more of Leucine than most strict BCAA products out there. Although it's know to work better with the other BCAA's combined.

CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine 3.2 - This is almost included in all PWO's ... it's mostly known for the way it tingles on your skin. The reason why this ingredient is included because it will help you in endurance. The way beta-alanine does this by effectively buffering lactic acid build and also improving myofibrilar calcium sensitivity. It's clinically dosed in PRE.

PharmaPure Creatine Monohydrate 3g - The most studied supplement that will provide you with a boost of strength. It has many other attributes, so anyone wanting to gain muscle should take their time and read more about this supplement. It is being offered here at 3 grams which is ok but the minimum dosage for a male should be 5 grams. Please check this link out to find out how much you would need https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/creatine_calculator.htm

Betaine Anhydrous 2.5 - Some studies suggest that it should help with resistance training. It could possibly contribute to muscle growth and fat loss. Lastly it should lower risk of heart disease, improve the function of your kidney and lastly improve your digestion. It's dosed properly but it should be taken twice at that serving.

DL Malic Acid 1.7g - This will help in energy production. Nutrabio states that it helps turn carbs, proteins, and fats into energy. More energy means a longer stay at the gym. PRE has a good amount of dosage that is above the recommended dosage.

Creatine MagnaPower 500mg - Another form of Creatine that works better and is digested better. It's patented that is why such a low dosage ... it's expensive. Although, a lot of people swear by it so I'm not disappointed that it's added here.

Nitric Oxide Pump Matrix

L-Citrulline 6g - Ahh the cornerstone of NO production. If you are not sure what this ingredient does you must have been living under a rock ;). This will help in NO production which in turn will help you with fatigue and endurance. Very logical since your muscles are getting more of the nutrients that it needs since your veins are getting larger. This is why you get to see them vain's while you are working out. The amount here is a little more than what usually is recommended for Citrulline ... Don't mistake this with Citrulline Malate.

Agmatine Sulfate 1g - Agmatine is jack of all trades and master of none. It does multiple stuff for your body that can help you with the workout. It regulates your NO levels, it has anti-anxiety attributes that will give you a mental edge, analgesic which means it can help you with pain. Overall a very good supplement that should be in every PWO. The dosage is perfect and should be effective.

Nitrosigine 750mg - This can potentially increase the blood flow in your body. In return you should have better NO and it also will help you later on with recovery. The dosage here is the minimum recommended to be effective.

Focus & Stim Matrix

L-Tyrosine 1.5g - This will help you at your weakest. I'm thinking it will help you not to feel tired after rigorous training. I'm assuming it will help you go that one set more. It should help you remember how many reps you did even at the most extreme moments. It provides cognitive boost in the most extreme moments. The dosage here is on the higher range of recommended value.

Choline bitatrate 500mg - It's used for congitive support. It could also, if you take it with L-Carnitine, help you burn that stored fat faster. Mostly this should help you with cognitive support so that you can stay focused on your tasks. The amount of 500 miligrams is half the ideal dosage but I'm personally ok with it since you don't want to go overboard on choline.

Two forms of Caffeine:

Caffeine Anhydrous 250 mg and Infinergy 100 mg (active) - I hope you know what caffeine does.

TheaPure L-Theanine 300mg - This none essential amino acid that is commonly used for calming effects. It should relax you while at the gym and with the addition of caffeine it should also help with focus. Supposedly if you combine theanine and caffeine it has synergistic properties to promote cognition and attention. The dose of 300 miligrams should have an effect and is in the recommended range.

Huperzine-A 100mcg - Nootropic that stops enzyme from breaking down acetylcholine which results in increases in acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is known as the learning neurotransmitter, and is involved in muscle contraction as well. The dosage here is right in the middle of recommendation.

Electrolyte & Hydration Optimizer

Taurine 2g - This will overall help you with blood flow. Obviously since you are going to work out and will need all that oxygen and nutrients going to your muscles you want that optimal blood flow. The dosage provided here is at 2,000 milligrams which is a lot more than the sweet spot considered by many.

Calcium, Potassium and Phosphate 525 mg - Electrolytes that will help your body absorb water quicker.

Sodium Phosphate 189 mg - Sodium is used to retain water in your body.

The dosage of the electrolytes is ok .. it also depends how much work you are going to put in.

I received the Blue Raspberry flavor and I didn't enjoy it that much. It wasn't painful like some other pre's out there ... but I didn't enjoy it. This product seems like really high quality because the powder would float on the glass and didn't absorb water that well. I had to stir for a very long time than usual to get this fully dissolved. I personally think that this is a positive because the powder is very micronized ... to me it means that it's easier on your body to digest and absorb. I just wish it tasted better.

This PRE works but not at the intensity that I am accustomed to. I'm not sure why but the exotics that are missing here put me over the edge that I didn't feel from this PWO. The first few minutes you can feel the Beta-Alanine tingles and that is your queue to start your game. I usually don't experience the pump like most people do and this has not done anything out of ordinary to improve it. The endurance was felt but it was at par with other pre's that are out there. There is something about DMHA that makes pain even more tolerable. Focus is ok but nothing that I would call remarkable. I didn't feel any euphoria wile working out. I did have good energy from this that lasted for me till the end. Everything was good and it did what a PWO should but it just didn't WoW me. I almost forgot to mention ... I did get a noticeable boost in strength while running on this PWO. I would consider this Pre in the top three for that effect.

You can get a tub of 20 servings for 40$ on nutrabio website or Amazon which comes to 2$ per serving. PreJym offers 30 servings for slightly cheaper price. There are cheaper products out there that I feel have the same value. I like that they use patented ingredients I just don't like paying for them.

Side Effects

I usually got hot flashes a minute after consuming the product. I'm not talking about the beta-alanine tingles that I usually enjoy. This was more like my face was a little on fire and the best thing would be to splash it with cold water ... Nothing that I couldn't handle but I wanted to mention it since it's not something I have experienced before. I did occasionally feel it in my stomach but nothing that would cause me to not go on. It just felt uncomfortable for a few minutes until I focused on something else, like working out :P. But, if you looking for a full focus this can be distracting.

Conclusion

I liked it but not for the price and I personally like to have exotic ingredients in my PWO. If you like to go just natural than this is definitely top of the line pre that has quality and clinically dosed ingredients. Although, all that comes with a price. For me personally it's not a price that I'm willing to pay. I do like quality but I think that peace of mind that nutrabio is offering is too expensive. If you got the money and want to go with quality, clinically dosed and safe and studied ingredients than this pre is for you. If you like to have money in your pockets, don't care about quality and like exotic ingredients (like me) than I don't think this product is for you. I thank you for reading my review and wish you a wonderful day.
  • Blue Raspberry: 6/10

• dmf8625
    May 17, 2018

What do you think you will look for if exotic ingredients like DMHA, Eria Jarensis etc. get banned in the US?

• bzyczek
    May 18, 2018

Good question dmf ... Than I would look for a Pre that has everything that this one does for a cheaper price ... :P ... I know of a few in my head that I would rather spend my money on ... although I'm very very frugal so sometimes my decisions are not the best ... This PRE does have a lot of patented ingredients and nutrabio is a top notch company but I just can't push myself to spend that much more ...